The end of the West End?

PdB ist next. Believe me.
Was in a bar in PDB the other day. Can't remember the name but will edit the post if I find out. We were trying to pay but the staff member kept trying to make us stay, first by making conversation. And then by outright telling us to stay for more drinks multiple times. Not even in a tongue & cheek fashion, he was very persistent. Never seen anything like it. Then when we eventually got the bill we were overcharged by 8 euros.

I spent a few hours on the West End last night, Delilah's and the new HUSH. Completely dead. Nearly as many heavily-armed Guardia Civil as there were punters. It's the second busiest weekend of the year... it's over guys. Time for something new and, yes, a bit classier

I agree and said it repeatedly on here for many years. I just hope the bad behaviour doesn't just shift elsewhere. The one good thing about the WE is that it did at least contain it there

I'm 47 on reasonable money and 5 days is my maximum and usually 3 or 4 😂 I can do that and do what I want when I want or go longer and have to make decisions. And in Ibiza I'm not good at decisions 😁
My gosh..that’s a revelation! Wow I thought you were mid 30’s!

I used to be 🤣 If only.... First trip there when 1995 was I was a not so innocent 20 year old. First rave was Slipmatt at Coast to Coast in 1991
Used to have some coast to coast tapes. Also remember mc Lenni shouting out the coast to coast crew at Flashback. You got a few years on me though, started buying tape backs about 95 and then went to dreamscape 26 in 97 to pop my rave cherry.

Just seen The Express (for those of you not in the UK: a tabloid newspaper that thinks it's posher than it is and likes to provoke our old people with angry headlines about Immigrants and Princess Diana) are saying UK visitor numbers are down a third comparing June 2019 and June 2022, so that'll be a big reason the West End is quiet.

Could also be people have booked later in the Summer of course, there were still restrictions on in Spring and people may have decided to wait later.

I used to be 🤣 If only.... First trip there when 1995 was I was a not so innocent 20 year old. First rave was Slipmatt at Coast to Coast in 1991
My first trip that year, I was 19. 18-30 and Stu Allan, 103 organised. Far more 18-30 than Stu Allan. Never did another 😹

My first trip that year, I was 19. 18-30 and Stu Allan, 103 organised. Far more 18-30 than Stu Allan. Never did another 😹
I was 18-30 that year 😂😂😂Definitely never again!! Used to listen to Stu Allan on Key 103 too 😂

On PDB, I think the main strip will always be busy now that you have Hi and Ushuaia. Places to pre-drink, places to drink after Ushuaia while waiting for the taxi queue to die down. We stopped in a few bars on our first night, it was about midnight, everywhere absolutely rammed. Needed to go to the toilet downstairs in Murphy's....absolutely jam-packed. Couldn't move. And it was playing R&B....

But that other area near Octan really is really run down, loads of places closed and rotting away. If you are not staying in PDB people don't even know it is there...get dropped in a cab on the main strip and don't venture further afield. Needs a bit of regeneration...

On PDB, I think the main strip will always be busy now that you have Hi and Ushuaia. Places to pre-drink, places to drink after Ushuaia while waiting for the taxi queue to die down. We stopped in a few bars on our first night, it was about midnight, everywhere absolutely rammed. Needed to go to the toilet downstairs in Murphy's....absolutely jam-packed. Couldn't move. And it was playing R&B....

But that other area near Octan really is really run down, loads of places closed and rotting away. If you are not staying in PDB people don't even know it is there...get dropped in a cab on the main strip and don't venture further afield. Needs a bit of regeneration...

I believe Bossa is getting a makeover in terms of new pavings, benches etc next Summer delayed from this year) but not sure if that will include the streets around Octan.

Agree that area is now a dump and has no identity. I don't even know it's name. Not sure what it can become tho, as you say Hi/Ushuaia already have their pre bars and for more relaxed drinks Ibiza Town isn't far.

Doesn’t help that the bars by Octan have a terrible reputation and seem to get a *LOT* of police attention

You used to get free wristbands to Es Paradis maybe Eden can’t remember, when you walked around near the west end during the day or on the beach.. do they still do that? 🤔

You used to get free wristbands to Es Paradis maybe Eden can’t remember, when you walked around near the west end during the day or on the beach.. do they still do that? 🤔
Got offered one on Mambo rocks for some Afrohouse night at EP on Tuesday

Back