The end of the West End?

ventured up last tuesday for the Rangers, went to the highlander and left at half time. Never been my scene but very poor and although they have new pavements, imo pretty seedy and needs some major money thrown at it…

What happened to kilties and ground zero?

Ground zero was always a good after party for Ibiza Rocks ( when they did gigs)

Last edited:
ventured up last tuesday for the Rangers, went to the highlander and left at half time. Never been my scene but very poor and although they have new pavements, imo pretty seedy and needs some major money thrown at it…

What happened to kilties and ground zero?

Ground zero was always a good for after party for Ibiza Rocks ( when they did gigs)
The west end never looked that amazing in daylight, but with the tarmac surface and other things it looks quite shabby now 😔

The local council need to either let it go back to a mad bars type street with out door seating and music, or get a shift on converting it to bistro restaurants or whatever the plan is.

Currently it seems tired and shadow of itself. Thus people visiting won't have fond memories of it as in the past - and not come back.

In short, eventually the local council (and probs local residents) get it how they want it, but too late for current tourists to be enticed back as they've switched destinations. - so a big PR campaign is needed.

Tl;dr;
It's become[ing] a nothing special random bars type holiday street. - used to have some cracking clubs like play2.

But what do I know 🤷‍♂️😆

Attachments

• 2022_082012_2118_820.jpg
    2022_082012_2118_820.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Worth pointing out that the tarmac is temporary they ran out of time to repave for this summer. Both West End and Bossa getting new pavements for 2023.
Yeah I heard.

Let's hope they start earlier next year so the start of season isn't a "surprise" for them 🤣

You could think it's a conspiracy to drive away drunkards and the like from the area.

But as Hanlon's razor says:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity/incompetence 😆

Yeah I heard.

Let's hope they start earlier next year so the start of season isn't a "surprise" for them 🤣

You could think it's a conspiracy to drive away drunkards and the like from the area.

But as Hanlon's razor says:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity/incompetence 😆

Hmmm the cynic in me did wonder if they'd play a 'refurb running late' stunt at the start of the season, we'll see...

You turn your pub into a shop or restaurant, we give you money...

Decent idea providing the money is good, better to have owners who are well established in the area stay in a new form than let the area become empty

-Has Sant Antoni changed a lot over the years?

Duane Lineker - Yes, during this time we have seen how it has changed. At the beginning there was a very different culture than there is now. For many years they have been offering cheap hotel places, which attracts cheap tourism. Fortunately, this is changing lately.

Tony Truman - Sant Antoni has indeed been washing its face in recent years. It has been a work in which the different businesses have also collaborated, the quality of the restaurants, for example. It has been a really good transformation. Transformation of the restaurants and, above all, of the hotel plant; hoteliers are an important part of the change in the tourism model.

-Has Sant Antoni changed a lot over the years?

Duane Lineker - Yes, during this time we have seen how it has changed. At the beginning there was a very different culture than there is now. For many years they have been offering cheap hotel places, which attracts cheap tourism. Fortunately, this is changing lately.

Tony Truman - Sant Antoni has indeed been washing its face in recent years. It has been a work in which the different businesses have also collaborated, the quality of the restaurants, for example. It has been a really good transformation. Transformation of the restaurants and, above all, of the hotel plant; hoteliers are an important part of the change in the tourism model.

TT - "San Antoni has indeed been washing its face in recent years"

What, and Oh' Beach is the f***ing cleanser? Lol!

You have to be brave..................

I agree fully with the guy at the end of the article, the paint wont last a season, the paving there gets jetwashed every morning all season! It'll look good for 5mins and its not exactly the classy new look they say they want...

San Antonio continues trying to attract other nationalities and they invited various journalists (four dutch, one swedish and one danish) to visit it...

Haven’t read the article but during our stay at hotel Puchet in San an i noticed a good mix of nationalities! Not like others i’ve stayed at in the past where it’s been predominantly Brits

Back