The end of the West End?

I can't find any article about it yet but today on the radio I heard that they'll get different artists to cover the facades in the West End's main streets with paintings to make it more attractive for tourists during the day... ?! There's a new business owners association and they're all up for it...

I can't find any article about it yet but today on the radio I heard the mayor saying that they'll get different artists to cover the facades in the West End's main streets with paintings to make it more attractive for tourists during the day... ?!
If they don't do at least one with this, then they are letting the side down 🤣🙈

bald-dance.gif

I can't find any article about it yet but today on the radio I heard that they'll get different artists to cover the facades in the West End's main streets with paintings to make it more attractive for tourists during the day... ?! There's a new business owners association and they're all up for it...
Might not happen?

475.jpeg

Actually, it better not happen! o_O

Had a few drinks down the Wezza, still seems very popular and full of crazy shenanigans going on.

I noticed the outside seating stayed out till the end. I think they had started taking it all inside after midnight the last time we visited in 2019.

Highlander still absolutely banging 🤪

View attachment 13909

Great news on the outdoor seating, the chairs in at midnight thing killed the atmosphere the last few pre-covid years

whats Play 2 called these days? Is it even open!
It changed to Lyt in 2016 then Red Lyt (strip club) 2018 then was last open as Gold Underground an urban venue pre Covid, I think there are some plans to reopen it as Playboy 2 but not sure if it will happen this summer, it’s closed at the moment

whats Play 2 called these days? Is it even open!
Ps - if you ask because you enjoyed it, so did I! Great memories in that place from around 1999, not the coolest place in the world but always a good time for those who enjoyed that sort of thing :)

Had a few drinks down the Wezza, still seems very popular and full of crazy shenanigans going on.

I noticed the outside seating stayed out till the end. I think they had started taking it all inside after midnight the last time we visited in 2019.

Highlander still absolutely banging 🤪

View attachment 13909

Can't see any seats outside Godfathers. Was it closed? It was one of only a handful of places open last June.

Back