The end of the West End?

The first phrase in the article says it all: "Sant Antoni wants to stop being associated with drunken tourism and excesses"...

The first phrase in the article says it all: "Sant Antoni wants to stop being associated with drunken tourism and excesses"...

"the City Council proposes the conversion of Vara de Rey street into a boulevard that connects the main leisure area of the urban core, known as West End, with Paseo de Ponent, which is where the restaurants and bars are concentrated. leisure dedicated to the sunset. A project for which around 700,000 euros will be allocated. "Our idea is to beautify this street and turn it into a kind of boulevard so that people who go to see the sunset do not leave Sant Antoni and end up in the center of town,"

A good suggestion in my opinion.

Was having a conversation about this yesterday with my mate who’s family is joining us on our Ibiza trip try us summer.
We are staying in Cala tarida sensatori. In the article it just says San Antonio will be affected. Is this right or is it all of Ibiza ?

Does anyone know if the TRS hotel next to Calo Gracioneta comes under this 6 drinks rule? Going to need to move my September booking if so 😐 I need 4 pints first thing just to clear the hangover

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the TRS hotel next to Calo Gracioneta comes under this 6 drinks rule? Going to need to move my September booking if so 😐 I need 4 pints first thing just to clear the hangover

Interesting question! The travel companies almost always list that area as Cala Gracio not San An in the search, which might be the get out clause!

Just seen a a photo of the West End and they seem to be covering it in tarmac. Was that the plan? Or is that PlanB because they don't have the new paving done in time?

Back