The BNP

People should be allowed to live where they want, end of. Especially if they are deemed to be bringing something positive to the community, ie working skills. The whole 'immigration crisis' is completely blown out of proportion - plenty of people leave the UK each year, which once again, they are well within their right to. If you're against immigrants, then are you also saying that people who wish to leave the UK have no right and basically we need to stay where we're born? Imagine being told you have no right to move to Spain or wherever.

Some of these posts (Becki's...) make it look at though immigration is a new thing. It is quite clear that a lot of the BNP's issues with immigration is they don't like non-white people coming into the country. I'm sure they have no issues with whites moving over, such as Australians. As they always go on about the 'change in culture'. Well, that's what makes Britain what it is - all the mixes of different cultures, be it Afro-Caribbean, Indian, Asian...

How did I know you'd pop up to criticise my post :rolleyes: :lol:

I know immigration isn't a new thing generally. But when you live in a town that was previously a white, working class East End town, and now it's literally overrun with immigrants, being dumped there as the Government doesn't know where else to put them, then it is a new thing to you personally isn't it? And that's the general feeling of people in places like Barking where immigration has been on stupid levels in the last 20 years.
People are moving out of the East End because it has changed so much - and that is a fact - it's people I speak to every day who haved lived there all their lives tell me this. I think these people vote BNP not because they are racist and don't want people of different races living amongst them (of course, there are some people who think like this, but not all). A lot of people feel they have no choice but to vote BNP because no other political party seems to be doing anything about immigration.
If the other political parties want to oust the BNP the first thing they need to do is appeal to the vast amounts middle aged people who disagree with the amount of immigration in Britain.

Just read the thread, I don't detect any undercurrent of support for the bnp here, save for pollacks views. Chewie makes a fair point about controlled immigration which is a zillion miles away from racism.

One would hope the publication of the list will at the very least make anyone who ever had the faintest idea of contacting the bnp not do so.

why, do you two hate each other?

I don't as I don't know Becki personally - I'm sure she's a lovely girl in real life.

But I do recall picking her up on previous posts she's made which contain a slightly racist undertone, regarding immigration.

Do you really think that the BNP will 'deal' with immigration, besides stopping it immediately and actually forcing people to leave a country they call home?

And what is this 'immigration problem' anyway? Nearly equal numbers of people are leaving Britain as are entering by legal means (let's not talk about illegal immigrants as that's a completely different issue).

Plus the East End of London was hardly an Aryan utopia before these nasty, bad people came from other countries. My grandfather actually moved over from Austria to seek political asylum in 1939 as otherwise he'd have been killed (you can probably guess he didn't fit into Hitler's ideology) so it annoys me when people come out with comments supporting the BNP, as in their eyes, my grandpa would've been shipped back, even though he'd lived in Britain the vast majority of his life and brought up a family there.

If you agree with the BNP, you are basically agreeing that people have no freedom of movement, so if you dream of moving to Australia, Spain, wherever for a life in the sun, forget it.

I don't as I don't know Becki personally - I'm sure she's a lovely girl in real life.

But I do recall picking her up on previous posts she's made which contain a slightly racist undertone, regarding immigration.

Do you really think that the BNP will 'deal' with immigration, besides stopping it immediately and actually forcing people to leave a country they call home?

:confused: I can't recall you "picking me up" on any other posts - not that I need you to monitor anything I say. And I'd think very carefully about making suggestive posts implying someone who you've never even met could be "slightly racist".

Infact - I wont even justify that stupid remark with a response.

Clara seems to have a problem with anything I say on here - be it about music, fashion, or the BNP!

I dont support the BNP at all, I'm simply saying how the mind sets are of some people living in those areas i.e Barking. I think that these people don't realise the implications of the BNP actually gaining power, but until other political parties adress the issues that these people find important, they'll continue to vote BNP.

For the record, when I'm talking to various people who have these views, I actually try to dissuade them from leaning towards the BNP, but you try telling a sixty year old East End man who has seen his home town change so dramatically that when the BNP are telling him everything he wants to hear, that's why he votes for them.

If people can't acknowledge that there are normal people out there - not Nazi, racist thugs - who are voting the BNP because they see a problem in today's society (although not knowing the full extent of what the BNP stand for) then it's a pretty naieve view.

NB (Clara) - not me.... but the section of BNP voters who think this way.

:confused: I can't recall you "picking me up" on any other posts - not that I need you to monitor anything I say. And I'd think very carefully about making suggestive posts implying someone who you've never even met could be "slightly racist".

Infact - I wont even justify that stupid remark with a response.

Clara seems to have a problem with anything I say on here - be it about music, fashion, or the BNP!

Woah there missy! I have no problem with you, as I said I don't even know you. There was a similar post regarding the BNP some time ago and I thought you'd made a similar post which I answered in the same way, but it may've been someone else.

I hardly post on here these days (wonder why?) so I don't know why you think I disagree with you on things. Please illustrate this as you seem to have a bee in your bonnet. It's called debate anyway - I'm not having a personal go at you, so I'd appreciate the same in return.

Woah there missy! I have no problem with you, as I said I don't even know you. There was a similar post regarding the BNP some time ago and I thought you'd made a similar post which I answered in the same way, but it may've been someone else.

I hardly post on here these days (wonder why?) so I don't know why you think I disagree with you on things. Please illustrate this as you seem to have a bee in your bonnet. It's called debate anyway - I'm not having a personal go at you, so I'd appreciate the same in return.

I just don't appreciate you posting on a public forum that you "picked me up on my slightly racist comments in the past" - which I know for a fact is a blatant lie - as I'm not in the slightest bit racist. I don't think that comment was part of a debate - infact i think it was pretty out of order.

I hardly post on here anymore either, no doubt this is giving everyone a juicy Monday morning read though.

I just don't appreciate you posting on a public forum that you "picked me up on my slightly racist comments in the past" - which I know for a fact is a blatant lie - as I'm not in the slightest bit racist. I don't think that comment was part of a debate - infact i think it was pretty out of order.

I hardly post on here anymore either, no doubt this is giving everyone a juicy Monday morning read though.

Ok, I apologise for any offence caused. But I personally think that anyone who sides with the BNP does have issues with race, but I realise you were possibly just trying to empathise with their voters and retract any notion that you're a racist.

You clearly think I have issues with you which I don't - did you have a heavy weekend by any chance?

Ok, I apologise for any offence caused. But I personally think that anyone who sides with the BNP does have issues with race, but I realise you were possibly just trying to empathise with their voters and retract any notion that you're a racist.

You clearly think I have issues with you which I don't - did you have a heavy weekend by any chance?

Apology accepted.

No I didn't have a heavy weekend actually - infact it was very relaxing!

And I'm not going to discuss on here your last comment as I think it's quite boring when two people bash something out in public, so PM me if you want to carry on that conversation.

no doubt this is giving everyone a juicy Monday morning read though.

correct
thEmoticons-EatingPopcorn.gif

but you try telling a sixty year old East End man who has seen his home town change so dramatically that when the BNP are telling him everything he wants to hear, that's why he votes for them.

which is THE MOST valid point that many people are choosing to ignore.

Again, the BNP is a legitimate political party, who's name is on a ballot paper, whether you like them or not. Tis called Democracy, and if you dont like em, dont vote for em and vote for someone else. But until they're banned from standing get out and vote in ALL elections, maybe they wouldnt get any seats on the councils!

for the record, I sympathise with old, poor, dispossessed white communities - they desperately need investment and support, but the key is education - without education, they're going nowhere in life and will cling to nationalism and old fears to make them feel better.

The old East End is changing really fast - I know because I've lived there for 3.5 years. The olympics is changing street after street and I'm not sure I like the way the cockney character of the place is being lost. Pie and eel shops being replaced by crappy burger shops is heartbreaking. But you can't let the far right blame immigration for that - these are changes happening globally, capitalism, innit. the whole world is seeing mass migration - you can't cling to the wreckage. You have to adapt to new people, new skills, new needs, new languages etc

otherwise, the country becomes a bitter Daily Mail fortress with less and less significance in the world - but I personally think you have to embrace the change and deal with it. So many people are mixed up now - nationality, race, religion - London is changing really fast - you can't turn back the tide.

which is THE MOST valid point that many people are choosing to ignore.

Again, the BNP is a legitimate political party, who's name is on a ballot paper, whether you like them or not. Tis called Democracy, and if you dont like em, dont vote for em and vote for someone else. But until they're banned from standing get out and vote in ALL elections, maybe they wouldnt get any seats on the councils!

I understand why some disillusioned people may vote for the BNP, as i said in my first response to the thread. But I don't accept that the BNP followers are primarily made up of misty eyed innocents who vote for nostaligic ideas of traditional values. There may be the odd "60 year old grandad" in there, but I believe most people who vote for the BNP know the history and controversy surrounding the party and what they are voting for a party with a sub text of nationalism and prejudice. No-one, or nearly no-one, can be that naive.

For every innocent old grandad i wager there'll be half a dozen a real life Alf Garnets. Who are worse than the stereotypical "skins heads" in my opinion. The BNP gives them a legitimate vehicle for their views.

As this thread has proven the BNP is an emotive issue, some people want to go out of their way to justify the BNP, and the right to vote for the BNP, even if they don't agree with them. Well, that's very liberal-minded of them and if makes them better, fairer people than me then i'll take my hat off to them.

Back