Best bar:

Best place to eat:

Best beach and/or beach club:

Money spent:

Biggest regret:

Going back?:

Top tip:

Let me be the first!
On the other hand, there is not much to write about. Was a quiet and relaxed holiday.

Dates you were there: May 2nd - May 24th

Where you stayed: private property

Club nights visited:

Best night:

Worst night:

Best bar: the usual hangouts where closed

Best place to eat: nothing special as most places where still closed. Bar & Restaurant Llumbi in Es Cubells and Can Lluc between Cala Llonga and St. Eularia

Best beach and/or beach club: I didn't even bother to go to the beach. The Cala down from my house was deserted.

Money spent: OMG, this time I spent about 20k Euros. To calm down, this is including a new car which I bought

Biggest regret: sold my 22year old Seat Toledo. I'll miss you old fart

Going back?: sure, in September

Top tip: No matter what, no matter how, go to Ibiza whenever possible!! And if you stay for a longer time, just fly over to Mallorca for a couple of days and have a look there. You will never forget the moment, when you arrive back on Ibiza

Conclusion: it was the most relaxed and chilled time I have ever spent on the Island

Dates you were there: June 17th till June 22nd

Where you stayed: Finca in the north, St Agnes. It's the best place in the world really...but for the first time I noticed the time spent in the car driving from A to B is getting annoying. Drove 600km in six days and that's just beaches, restaurants etc. Might go looking for a replacement that's more central on the island.

Club nights visited: Went to Blue Marlin for Eli Rojas, but there was hardly anyone in the venue, they didn't enforce the no-dancing rule really hard though, so if it was more crowded I think it would even feel like a club night / beach party. Actually, I have seen some footage from a new party at BMI on Sunday called Summerians (looks a bit like WooMoon) where there was a lot of dancing. So even though BMI is not really your cup of tea, it might be worth visiting. It's not really my cup of tea in terms of audience, but still I find myself there every year at least once. Last year Eli Rojas and Agoria and this year we just wanted to say hi to Eli cause she's really fun to have a chat with. Also went to Pikes House Party, which was fun but with low volume and no dancing...not really a party. Carvan Serai at Las Dalias was nice too but the no dancing rule was really strict at Las Dalias this time (compared to last year Namaste..). There was however one night where the no dancing policy was gone and I'll tell you guys all about it in the next paragraph..

Best night: The best night was definitely Friday at Sunset Ashram. Let's hope the GC is not reading this forum cause once Medusa Oddyssee and Bajhrami started pushing the tempo of the balaeric sounds up it went off! Chairs were pushed aside and diner with live music turned into a party with people clapping and cheering till around midnight. Even the crew was dancing and the vibe was magic. There was not a person inside that did not have a huge smile on his/her face. Best night on Ibiza, but also best night in months.

Worst night: No bad nights in Ibiza...but the Las Dalias Carvan Serai event was not really what I expected. Ana Tur, Alex Kennon and Goncalo were not really on the same line music wise and there was a guy with a flashlight shining you in the face if you stood up from your chair.

Best bar: Not really a bar, but went to Musset in St Gertrudis twice beause of the great coffee.

Best place to eat: Ses Boques for diner, La Paloma for lunch.

Best beach and/or beach club: Treated my girlfriend and myself to a luxury day at the beach at Tropicana Cala Jondal. Comfortable sunbeds and the Paella is amazing. Off course it does not have the vibe and the people you will find at Sa Trinxa. However I went to Sa Trinxa on Monday and it was really quiet unfortunately.

Money spent: Don't wanna know, flight tickets were leftovers from a cancelled September 2020 trip though...but even without clubbing it was expensive.

Biggest regret: Not really a regret...okay perhaps a bit... We did have a chance of going to a more underground villa party (not the ones they are advertising in the WhatsApp groups where you have to pay 100 Euros) but eventually decided not to go. The festival season is really kicking off in two weeks here in The Netherlands and therefor we decided this was gonna be a pretty much sober trip (anything stronger than Hierbas and Sangria was off limit). Going to a villa party was not gonna make that easy, so we just decided to stay at Pikes that night with a few drinks.

Going back?: IF the season fully kicks off...yes. Already checking out flight tickets for August and September. However, if the clubbing life is still altered and reduced by august or September I will not go on a third "quiet-ibiza-trip" in two years. I'd rather safe the money then and go back at the 2022 openings.

Top tip: Fridays at Sunset Ashram!

Last edited:
Dates you were there: Fri June 18th - Wed June 23rd

Where you stayed: Hotel MiM Es Vive
This hotel is in a great location, has a lovely rooftop bar, chilled vibes and no kids. The rooms are a bit small though. We had a 'superior' room and it was a still a bit pokey for my liking. You are right by the beach though and a stroll from Playa D'en Bossa and Ibiza Town.

Club nights visited: 0 clubs, 1 (secret location) Villa Party
I missed seeing the club nights' billboards everywhere right from when we got into the arrivals hall.
The island is by no means empty - lots of Germans and Dutch as well as Spanish - everybody seems to be looking for SOMETHING past midnight (although bars were opening til 2am from the Sat night)

We were with friends who lived there and they got wind of this party. Was very hush hush but very well organised (security, no taxis, no phones, 100 euro cover charge incl. some drinks, big name DJS etc...)
The atmosphere was amazing, the whole night was crazy good fun. The next day we were like....'did the actually happen...?'
Irony is, I suppose that if it wasn't for Covid would not have had an opportunity to have that experience in all the way too many years I've been coming here.

Best night: The Villa Party night I suppose.....

Worst night: The Monday after the Saturday night purely because I just wanted to lie down but with only 2 more nights left I forced some food and wine down my neck whilst dreaming of bed.
Not as young as I used to be.

Best bar: Mona Lisa in Old Town. Welcoming fun Drag Queen hosting and very buzzy

Best place to eat: Tie between....

- El Chiringuito for lunch (the restaurant itself has gotten even more beautiful). The Cava Sangria was a great accompaniment to a fab meal.
- Roto on the harbour for a raucous dinner. A bit wanky, yes, but it had a DJ playing good music and we wanted a restaurant with atmossphere, which this had
- Bambuddha just because it is always welcoming and buzzy
- Can Mimosa in Santa Gertrudis because of the beautiful courtyard and fabulous food

Best beach and/or beach club: Es Cavallet. The gay end.
Was very busy.

Money spent: £1500 maybe?

Biggest regret: Should have stayed 2 more chilled days

Going back?: Always but probably not this year

Top tip: El Chiringuito for a lazy lunch is always so great.

Overall....Was really in two minds whether to go but boy, it was worth it. I feel like a different person now I'm home. Recharged and ready for life again.
The best thing about being on holiday really is, just being holiday.
Have an awesome time any of you guys that are going any time soon. x

Last edited:
Dates you were there: Fri June 18th - Wed June 23rd

Where you stayed: Hotel MiM Es Vive
This hotel is in a great location, has a lovely rooftop bar, chilled vibes and no kids. The rooms are a bit small though. We had a 'superior' room and it was a still a bit pokey for my liking. You are right by the beach though and a stroll from Playa D'en Bossa and Ibiza Town.

Club nights visited: 0 clubs, 1 (secret location) Villa Party
I missed seeing the club nights' billboards everywhere right from when we got into the arrivals hall.
The island is by no means empty - lots of Germans and Dutch as well as Spanish - everybody seems to be looking for SOMETHING past midnight (although bars were opening til 2am from the Sat night)

We were with friends who lived there and they got wind of this party. Was very hush hush but very well organised (security, no taxis, no phones, 100 euro cover charge incl. some drinks, big name DJS etc...)
The atmosphere was amazing, the whole night was crazy good fun. The next day we were like....'did the actually happen...?'
Irony is, I suppose that if it wasn't for Covid would not have had an opportunity to have that experience in all the way too many years I've been coming here.

Best night: The Villa Party night I suppose.....

Worst night: The Monday after the Saturday night purely because I just wanted to lie down but with only 2 more nights left I forced some food and wine down my neck whilst dreaming of bed.
Not as young as I used to be.

Best bar: Mona Lisa in Old Town. Welcoming fun Drag Queen hosting and very buzzy

Best place to eat: Tie between....

- El Chiringuito for lunch (the restaurant itself has gotten even more beautiful). The Cava Sangria was a great accompaniment to a fab meal.
- Roto on the harbour for a raucous dinner. A bit wanky, yes, but it had a DJ playing good music and we wanted a restaurant with atmossphere, which this had
- Bambuddha just because it is always welcoming and buzzy
- Can Mimosa in Santa Gertrudis because of the beautiful courtyard and fabulous food

Best beach and/or beach club: Es Cavallet. The gay end.
Was very busy.

Money spent: £1500 maybe?

Biggest regret: Should have stayed 2 more chilled days

Going back?: Always but probably not this year

Top tip: El Chiringuito for a lazy lunch is always so great.

Overall....Was really in two minds whether to go but boy, it was worth it. I feel like a different person now I'm home. Recharged and ready for life again.
The best thing about being on holiday really is, just being holiday.
Have an awesome time any of you guys that are going any time soon. x
All sounds amazing. Hard to beat a long lunch at El Chiringuito!

Yes, it was costly I admit. Definitely a place to have a bit of a special meal. Great food, staff and location though and felt like you were treated well.

That's the one. It's had a makeover too - looks 👌

Not to modern , I hope.

For some people its too glittering there but I found the people very friendly.
Often there for a coffee and vino tinto at the bar. Sometimes for breakfast. After that swimming and / or a walk to salinas ( 30 min , slow walking ).
Its not cheap , but the whole life is expensive. What did you have for lunch ?

Not to modern , I hope.

For some people its too glittering there but I found the people very friendly.
Often there for a coffee and vino tinto at the bar. Sometimes for breakfast. After that swimming and / or a walk to salinas ( 30 min , slow walking ).
Its not cheap , but the whole life is expensive. What did you have for lunch ?
Oooooo, Tuna Tartare, Fish Tacos, the Crab and Prawn Salad and a jug of the Cava Sangria.
Take me back!!!!!
😂

Dates: 2/7/21 to 6/7/21

Stayed: Gran Sol (San An)
My favorite place to stay, they were able to fulfill all my requests and as always immaculate and very helpful.

Club nights: 0

Friday:
Fly in over Bossa getting great views of Ushuaia and DC10 as always
Arrive to find 3 checks in place at the airport:
1) Checking you have the Spanish SPTH form
2) Passport machine
3) A real person to check you passport and STAMP IT!

In typical Ibizian fashion , just as the island opens up ...they have demolished most of the ground level airport parking...chaos ensues
Get picked up to collect our hire car from Centauro, the driver is telling me he is so glad the English are back, we spend the money, we make the island come alive , he says many of those that wanted to see the back of the English are now realising what they (some people) bring to the island , really quick and helpful and get a free upgrade
Quick bite to eat and a beer then
Cafe Mambo
Quite busy but a world away from it's usual self
Was really surprised to see even Savannah not only shut but looking permanently closed!
Good to see the old Coastline venue back up and running as a venue albeit a new business.

Saturday:
Drove to Benirras beach spent the whole day there, took a cool bag packed with a bag of ice, full of stuff as didn't know what would be open or not.
Lovely place , crystal clear water and so warm.
Sun beds and parasol 21 Euros for the day.
Lovely place, swam, ate, relaxed.

Visit clinic to get antigen test done in preparation for our departure , fairly quick (40 euros) but with 17 flights a day just from the UK now this will soon get VERY busy! (need passport , flight details)
Meet up with friends at Mambo & catch up & watch the obligatory sunset
Pikes
Very busy (reservation essential) , great crowd , good music and fun had.
Pikes never fails to disappoint !
Finished at 2am
Then drinks and music on the rocks by Cala des Moro until 4am ish ;-)

Sunday:
Pool morning.
Catch up with some friends and hear tales of Ibiza in lock down etc
Off to Tanit beach in Bossa for a late lunch and music by Melon Bomb
Great food, lovely location and HOT!
Music was lovely but...need to be able to dance!!

Quick visit to Bora Bora...I can never miss this place too many (vague) memories of ridiculous antics and fun times
Bossa is quiet with lost of places closed, even boarded up.
Cab back to San an (cabs are hard to find!)
Wiki Woo for drinks
Then over to see Andy at the relocated Plastik.
Amazing what he has done to the place and love the outside space, inside very typical Plastik and really nice to see Colin's piano there too ❤️
Great chat with Andy and hope this move works well for him.

Monday:
A look round San An , so sad to see so many bars , supermarkets even Wips closed!!
Back to the pool for a few hours.
prep pack and off to the airport via dropping the hire car off.
Airport is slower than normal but does now have more than 2 Xray machines in security!

A lot more faff to get there and back than in the past but boy did I need to get back to the island!
Very very VERY strange not being able to dance and seeing it so quiet but hopefully even despite the new amber designation by the UK , starting to flourish again.
Please stay safe, act responsibly DON'T put the island at risk...please
If at all possible I will be back this year

Dates you were there: 12th June - 3rd July

Where you stayed: Hostel Adelino, Central Park Apartments, Hotel Abrat, Hotel Tropical

Club nights visited: 1 Villa Party, O Beach

Best night: Villa Party until the police came

Worst night: Enigma, second week of June. Wasn't a lot of people there and those who were there, were there to watch the game

Best bar: Global Reggae Beach Bar. Would have said Cafe Mambo if I was able to get in . Special mention to Bambuku (is that a bar?) and their movie nights

Best place to eat: I didn't do a lot of eating out but the dinner buffet at Hotel Abrat was amazing haha

Best beach and/or beach club: Not one for beaches so I'd say O Beach

Money spent: £1200 on spends, £200 on flights I never boarded, £350 on extra hotels

Biggest regret: not just booking a one way flight and booking my flight home when I was ready to come back, not booking a long stay apartment rather than hotels

Going back?: 1st Aug and again in September hopefully

Top tip: if using a currency card (like Revolut) don't accept the conversion to £GBP. If you work from home, take your laptop so you have the flexibility to stay

Dates: 2/7/21 to 6/7/21

Stayed: Gran Sol (San An)
My favorite place to stay, they were able to fulfill all my requests and as always immaculate and very helpful.

Club nights: 0

Friday:
Fly in over Bossa getting great views of Ushuaia and DC10 as always
Arrive to find 3 checks in place at the airport:
1) Checking you have the Spanish SPTH form
2) Passport machine
3) A real person to check you passport and STAMP IT!

In typical Ibizian fashion , just as the island opens up ...they have demolished most of the ground level airport parking...chaos ensues
Get picked up to collect our hire car from Centauro, the driver is telling me he is so glad the English are back, we spend the money, we make the island come alive , he says many of those that wanted to see the back of the English are now realising what they (some people) bring to the island , really quick and helpful and get a free upgrade
Quick bite to eat and a beer then
Cafe Mambo
Quite busy but a world away from it's usual self
Was really surprised to see even Savannah not only shut but looking permanently closed!
Good to see the old Coastline venue back up and running as a venue albeit a new business.

Saturday:
Drove to Benirras beach spent the whole day there, took a cool bag packed with a bag of ice, full of stuff as didn't know what would be open or not.
Lovely place , crystal clear water and so warm.
Sun beds and parasol 21 Euros for the day.
Lovely place, swam, ate, relaxed.

Visit clinic to get antigen test done in preparation for our departure , fairly quick (40 euros) but with 17 flights a day just from the UK now this will soon get VERY busy! (need passport , flight details)
Meet up with friends at Mambo & catch up & watch the obligatory sunset
Pikes
Very busy (reservation essential) , great crowd , good music and fun had.
Pikes never fails to disappoint !
Finished at 2am
Then drinks and music on the rocks by Cala des Moro until 4am ish ;-)

Sunday:
Pool morning.
Catch up with some friends and hear tales of Ibiza in lock down etc
Off to Tanit beach in Bossa for a late lunch and music by Melon Bomb
Great food, lovely location and HOT!
Music was lovely but...need to be able to dance!!

Quick visit to Bora Bora...I can never miss this place too many (vague) memories of ridiculous antics and fun times
Bossa is quiet with lost of places closed, even boarded up.
Cab back to San an (cabs are hard to find!)
Wiki Woo for drinks
Then over to see Andy at the relocated Plastik.
Amazing what he has done to the place and love the outside space, inside very typical Plastik and really nice to see Colin's piano there too ❤️
Great chat with Andy and hope this move works well for him.

Monday:
A look round San An , so sad to see so many bars , supermarkets even Wips closed!!
Back to the pool for a few hours.
prep pack and off to the airport via dropping the hire car off.
Airport is slower than normal but does now have more than 2 Xray machines in security!

A lot more faff to get there and back than in the past but boy did I need to get back to the island!
Very very VERY strange not being able to dance and seeing it so quiet but hopefully even despite the new amber designation by the UK , starting to flourish again.
Please stay safe, act responsibly DON'T put the island at risk...please
If at all possible I will be back this year
This makes me both excited and sad !

Back