Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2019

• The Hierbas Workshop with The Drink Workshop @ Soul Good (Niu Blau) was excellent. Really informative and a good laugh with the other people sampling some different kinds of Hierbas. Looking forward to opening up my own Hierbas in 3 months.

went there too! (not that day) - vaguely hippy-ish girl serving drinks. really relaxed vibe. could've stayed there all day

Dates you were there: 2nd - 6th Oct

Where you stayed: 7Pines

Club nights visited: Music On @ Destino

Best night: Music On

Worst night: None

Best bar: N/A

Best place to eat: Wild Bird or Calma in Ibiza Town

Money spent: €380 (this was a trip I won as an incentive at work. Hotel, travel etc was paid for and we had €350 room credit at the hotel so only paid for 1
Lunch, 1 dinner and Destino ticket + drinks)

Biggest regret: not doing Amnesia closing

Going back?: yes

Top tip: make time to see the island. Given the nature of my trip, even with 12 previous visits my lack of exploring is criminal. Made use of a jeep for the day, went to some great little beaches, visited Santa Gertrudis & Talamanca etc.

Also ate at Sunset Ashram& Fish Shack which I’ll prob put in the restaurant review thread later

Dates you were there: 4 - 6 Oct alone

Where you stayed: fig central Playa hotel, arrived at 8am and annoyingly could not check in till 2pm so walked around ibiza town had breakfast, had a nice drink and people watched then checked in and slept for a bit

Club nights visited: amnesia closing and dixon

Best night: both were great but amnesia closing...best amnesia closing in years! Not too packed nicely busy easy to move, previous years has been unbearablly busy and music amazing, Anna and Nina blew me away

Worst night: none

Best bar: n/a

Best place to eat: didn't eat much

Money spent: too much

Biggest regret: none

Going back?: always, next year for 40, I want to go two times! next year want to go 2 days for shadows and ants

Top tip: I fell in love with ibiza again had an amazing time! I love going Ibiza alone just can do what you want when you want and meet new people!

Dates you were there:
23rd – 27th of August
This was my first of 2 Ibiza trips this year. This one with 3 friends, 2 of them in Ibiza for the first time. The third one has been my Ibiza running mate on all my 5 previous trips.

Where you stayed:
Bora Bora, PDB
For where it is located and for what you pay for some of the other hotels in the area, I think it’s great value for money. Given, of course, that you’re not planning on relaxing at any point during your holiday ? Seriously though, it actually is pretty quiet during the day until about 2 or 3, sometimes later. Will stay there again.

Club nights visited:
Calvin Harris @ Ushuaia
Pretty “easy” start to the holiday, considering our two newbies aren’t electronic music veterans. I really like Ushuaia, especially when the sun is still out. The crowd was up for it, the songs you’d expect were played and it was a nice evening to get into the mood for what was to come.

Dixon (b2b Ame) @ Pacha
I already wrote about this in the Dixon thread on the day after, so I’ll keep this short. But what a night! Of course, I was flying on those Soundclouds, so it would have been tough to not have a great night, but the music and visuals were the perfect match. What a journey…

Pure Pacha @ Pacha
Pacha is my favourite club and I like a good house set so I had my hopes up for Armand van Helden and Martin Solveig. Somehow it didn’t really click, though. Soundclouds again, so not a bad night at all, but something was off.
The crowd wasn’t the best, as it was a mix of Instagram hunters trying to get a video of Martin Solveig and groups of guys “on the hunt”. Now that last part has been discussed at various spots here on the forum, but this is really annoying. As soon as you had a woman or women on the dancefloor, it usually only took a moment until at least 5 guys (often a group) were circling them and trying to make a move. Sometimes they didn’t even care if a guy was already with them (this also, has obviously mentioned on here). Killed the mood for me a little bit.
Musically, it was all over the place. Armand van Helden just played his hits, which was ok but nothing exciting and Martin Solveig seemed like he couldn’t decide whether he wants to also play his hits or play more of an underground style and even some techno. Most of the crowd was there to see him play his hits, so they weren’t really into it when he went “deeper”. I on the other hand quite enjoyed those parts, but just when I could really get into it, on came “Intoxicated”, or “Hello”, or …. So that always took me out of it again. The weirdest point for me was, when as his last tune before handing over he played Adam Beyer’s “Your mind” FOR THE SECOND TIME. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a DJ in an Ibiza Club (or anywhere for that matter) play the same tune twice within an hour of each other…

Glitterbox @ Hi
Glitterbox is one of my favorite nights, ever since my first time there at Space in 2016. While it’s not the same at Hi, I still think it works well there.
Bit of a damper at the beginning, as one of our 2 newbies had his supplies found and taken away by security at the entrance. That small pocket in your Jeans is just not a good hiding spot… Good friends that we are, we obviously chipped in and gave him what was supposed to be our top-up rations. That meant that we “only” had one Soundcloud each, though. Normally more than enough, but this was the third night in a row, so by that time the effects wore off pretty quickly.
On the other hand, newbie number 2 for some reason thought it would be a good idea to take his Soundcloud in one piece, shortly after which he became really paranoid about a group of guys that had supposedly surrounded him and started poking him with their index fingers. Looking back at it now, it is actually quite hilarious, and he will hear about this forever. But at that time, he really wanted to leave, and it was all we could do to calm him down and persuade him to stay (letting him leave alone in that state was obviously not an option). It took a while (no idea, could be 30 mins, could be an hour, my sense of time is completely off) but he came around and we stayed and danced until the end. Bit of a mood dampener, though, unfortunately.
Musically it was decent, though not spectacular. Atmosphere in the wild corner is always fun and Roger Sanchez delivered what I thought was a surprisingly hard set (for Glitterbox) to close the night.

Pyramid (Diynamic Takeover) @ Amnesia
The atmosphere for this was special even before entering as there were heavy thunderstorms outside. Inside, the atmosphere on the terrace, where Solomun was on, was electric, as well. I mean, it was already heaving, no better way to describe it. We went to a spot all the way to the front right and we just stayed there all night. We usually make a point of moving around but for some reason, the atmosphere just had us glued to that spot all night. Danced right until the last tune (Carl Cox’s remix of Ninetoes’ Finder) without sitting down once. Obviously, in hindsight I would have loved to see other sets as well (see “Biggest regret”), but at that time, we didn’t even once consider moving.
Can’t really pinpoint one standout moment, but that whole b2b of Capriati and Solomun to close that night was special.

Best night:
Dixon all the way for me. However, for each of us it was a different night, weirdly enough. Guess that means we did something right, though.

Worst night:
First night back home after 4 straight nights on the Soundclouds….

Best bar:
Apart from our balcony, we didn’t really hit bars that much. Bora Bora is always fun during the day for a couple of beers and people watching, though.

Best place to eat:
No culinary experiments on this trip. Ciao Ciao in PDB was very good, though. I had some very good Spaghetti Carbonara for a reasonable price (can’t remember how much, just that I thought it was reasonable at the time…). Shout out, also, to the “Kleine Kneipe” behind Sal Rossa. Good beer, German Bundesliga on TV and that Schnitzel hit exactly the right spot after that first night.

Money spent:
Seems to be getting more every trip, but still reasonable. Helps if you plan/book well ahead of time (tickets, flights and hotel) and if your favorite bar is your balcony.

Biggest regret:
Not hearing that apparently amazing Adriatique set at Amnesia. As we were having a great time on that heaving terrace, though, it’s not really a regret. Can’t do everything…

Going back?:
Absolutely. Only question is one or two trips next year ?

Top tip:
Don’t visit a fun park with roller coasters with your kids on your first day back! Sleep deprivation and a severe case of the come down combined with all these unnatural G-forces had my stomach and my brain in all kinds of trouble. Kids were having a great time though, so obviously all worth it (kind of… ? )!

And here is the review for trip number 2.

Dates you were there:

Sep 20th – Sep 23rd with my wife. First time away together without the kids in 5 years.

Where you stayed:
Ushuaia, PdB
My previous 6 trips have all been to more “budget” hotels, but for this trip with the wife, we wanted to go all out. I can’t fault it at all. Yes, it’s expensive and I get the criticisms about it, but the rooms, location and service were all perfect. Probably won’t be staying there again unless I win the lottery, but that’s not the hotel’s fault but rather my budget’s…

Club nights visited:
Armin van Buuren @ Ushuaia
Nice surprise that this came on with pretty short notice. Except for the weather putting a damper on the first couple of hours, it was a pretty solid start to the holiday 3 hours after we landed. A huge perk staying at Ushuaia is that you can leave the parties and return as often as you want. So, we left at 6:30 for a couple of hours for dinner at El Carmen (more on that later) and returned shortly past nine. By that time, it was really busy with a great atmosphere. Not really a trance or Armin fan, but solid all around. Half of Holland in attendance, as well… ?

FMIF @ Hi
As it was my wife’s first time in Ibiza and she’s not really into electronic music, this was a night where at least I knew she would like the music. I would have preferred Dixon, but as I had him on his Âme night on the first trip 4 weeks earlier and I couldn’t throw my wife in the deep end like that, David Guetta it was. I got early-bird tix for 20€, so at least I was happy about that… ?
It’s more of a concert than a club night really. Very busy, and as no one is dancing and only concerned with filming, there is no movement in the crowd and it’s nearly impossible to move from A to B. Realizing this we treated it exactly like a concert, finding an ok spot (somehow) and staying there the entire time. After about 30-45 minutes of Guetta, a lot of the Instagram hunters were satisfied and left, at which point we had enough space to dance and jump around and we did have fun. The wife really liked the music, the visuals were pretty cool, and the ice cannon is always fun.

Ants @ Ushuaia
IMHO, the first part of Ants before it moves to the big stage is not talked about on here often enough. Some excellent open-air dancing in the sun. DJ Sneak and Groove Armada hitting just the right vibe, space to dance and smiles all around on the dancefloor. I think it’s a plus that the DJ booth faces out back of that little hut. That way, most people arriving after 5 just stay on the other side in anticipation of the move to the front stage. Leaves plenty of room on that little dance floor in front of the DJ. Favorite moment was when Sneak played the Phonk D edit of “I can show you” by First Choice.
Again, we left for an hour to freshen up in our room (drinks were a lot cheaper there, as well) and returned after the party had moved to the front. Eats Everything was on and played a great set. Much better than Andrea Oliva after him IMO. Their B2B at the end was pretty good, but EEs solo set stole the show for me.

Glitterbox @ Hi
Was really looking forward to this and it didn’t disappoint. We had Harvey in the Club room and what a treat it was. Was my first time seeing him, and the accolades he gets on here are well deserved. From the start he interacts with the crowd, builds his set and doesn’t take himself too seriously. Time flew by and we danced for 2 hours straight. Favorite moment was when he played Love Pains by Yvonne Elliman. No musical revelation, but it just fit perfectly in that moment – smiles all around. Funniest moment was, when Harvey just stood there cleaning his glasses with his T-shirt for what seemed/felt like minutes. Track just playing on. Don’t know if this reads as funny as it was in that moment but me and my wife were just cracking up at that sight. What a nice contrast to the show most other DJs try to put on in the booth…
Special mention to the moment when they played “Don’t leave me this way” by Harold Melvin and the Bluebirds in the Theatre. Confetti started to rain, and it was pretty emotional. When I put on that song on the drive home from the airport on the next day both my wife and I just started crying – but in a good way ?

Best night:
They were all great, but it has to be Glitterbox, closely followed by those first couple of hours of Ants.

Worst night:
None (not even Guetta)

Best bar:
Sa Trinxa. Even though we left pretty early (4:30 p.m.) because we wanted to make it to Dalt Vila by 6:30, we completely got why everyone on here has only good things to say about it. Nice, laid-back atmosphere, good tunes and that Iboism IBZ Pale Ale is delicious! ?

Best place to eat:
El Carmen – what a treat! All the positive reviews I had read on here are completely justified. Amazing Paella along with that majestic view of Es Vedra. Only damper was that it was completely overcast on that night, so no magic sunset. Was bummed about this initially, but got over it very quickly due to the still amazing view, food and service. A+!

Money spent:
A lot, but all on purpose and worth every penny ?

Biggest regret:
Not making it to Pacha on the Saturday. It’s my favorite club and I would have loved to show it to my wife, but it would have been overkill. With the program we had for Sunday – Sa Trinxa, Ibiza Town/Dalt Vila, STK and Glitterbox – it was definitely the wiser choice to call it a night after Ants.

Going back?:
Of course.

Top tip:
Have fun and enjoy yourself!! Sounds stupid, I know, but why fuss over anything really while you’re there? After the first few moments at Guetta with all the filming, crowding, non-dancing I could have easily just waited for the night to finish and look forward to Ants the next day. But instead I just enjoyed the fact that I’m in a club in Ibiza with the love of my life, actually got into the music and danced and jumped the night away until 6. Don’t take yourselves too seriously! ?

Dates you were there:

Sep 20th – Sep 23rd with my wife. First time away together without the kids in 5 years.

Where you stayed:
Ushuaia, PdB
My previous 6 trips have all been to more “budget” hotels, but for this trip with the wife, we wanted to go all out. I can’t fault it at all. Yes, it’s expensive and I get the criticisms about it, but the rooms, location and service were all perfect. Probably won’t be staying there again unless I win the lottery, but that’s not the hotel’s fault but rather my budget’s…

Club nights visited:
Nice surprise that this came on with pretty short notice. Except for the weather putting a damper on the first couple of hours, it was a pretty solid start to the holiday 3 hours after we landed. A huge perk staying at Ushuaia is that you can leave the parties and return as often as you want. So, we left at 6:30 for a couple of hours for dinner at El Carmen (more on that later) and returned shortly past nine. By that time, it was really busy with a great atmosphere. Not really a trance or Armin fan, but solid all around. Half of Holland in attendance, as well… ?

FMIF @ Hi
As it was my wife’s first time in Ibiza and she’s not really into electronic music, this was a night where at least I knew she would like the music. I would have preferred Dixon, but as I had him on his Âme night on the first trip 4 weeks earlier and I couldn’t throw my wife in the deep end like that, David Guetta it was. I got early-bird tix for 20€, so at least I was happy about that… ?
It’s more of a concert than a club night really. Very busy, and as no one is dancing and only concerned with filming, there is no movement in the crowd and it’s nearly impossible to move from A to B. Realizing this we treated it exactly like a concert, finding an ok spot (somehow) and staying there the entire time. After about 30-45 minutes of Guetta, a lot of the Instagram hunters were satisfied and left, at which point we had enough space to dance and jump around and we did have fun. The wife really liked the music, the visuals were pretty cool, and the ice cannon is always fun.

Ants @ Ushuaia
IMHO, the first part of Ants before it moves to the big stage is not talked about on here often enough. Some excellent open-air dancing in the sun. DJ Sneak and Groove Armada hitting just the right vibe, space to dance and smiles all around on the dancefloor. I think it’s a plus that the DJ booth faces out back of that little hut. That way, most people arriving after 5 just stay on the other side in anticipation of the move to the front stage. Leaves plenty of room on that little dance floor in front of the DJ. Favorite moment was when Sneak played the Phonk D edit of “I can show you” by First Choice.
Again, we left for an hour to freshen up in our room (drinks were a lot cheaper there, as well) and returned after the party had moved to the front. Eats Everything was on and played a great set. Much better than Andrea Oliva after him IMO. Their B2B at the end was pretty good, but EEs solo set stole the show for me.

Glitterbox @ Hi
Was really looking forward to this and it didn’t disappoint. We had Harvey in the Club room and what a treat it was. Was my first time seeing him, and the accolades he gets on here are well deserved. From the start he interacts with the crowd, builds his set and doesn’t take himself too seriously. Time flew by and we danced for 2 hours straight. Favorite moment was when he played Love Pains by Yvonne Elliman. No musical revelation, but it just fit perfectly in that moment – smiles all around. Funniest moment was, when Harvey just stood there cleaning his glasses with his T-shirt for what seemed/felt like minutes. Track just playing on. Don’t know if this reads as funny as it was in that moment but me and my wife were just cracking up at that sight. What a nice contrast to the show most other DJs try to put on in the booth…
Special mention to the moment when they played “Don’t leave me this way” by Harold Melvin and the Bluebirds in the Theatre. Confetti started to rain, and it was pretty emotional. When I put on that song on the drive home from the airport on the next day both my wife and I just started crying – but in a good way ?

Best night:
They were all great, but it has to be Glitterbox, closely followed by those first couple of hours of Ants.

Worst night:
None (not even Guetta)

Best bar:
Sa Trinxa. Even though we left pretty early (4:30 p.m.) because we wanted to make it to Dalt Vila by 6:30, we completely got why everyone on here has only good things to say about it. Nice, laid-back atmosphere, good tunes and that Iboism IBZ Pale Ale is delicious! ?

Best place to eat:
El Carmen – what a treat! All the positive reviews I had read on here are completely justified. Amazing Paella along with that majestic view of Es Vedra. Only damper was that it was completely overcast on that night, so no magic sunset. Was bummed about this initially, but got over it very quickly due to the still amazing view, food and service. A+!

Money spent:

Biggest regret:
Not making it to Pacha on the Saturday. It’s my favorite club and I would have loved to show it to my wife, but it would have been overkill. With the program we had for Sunday – Sa Trinxa, Ibiza Town/Dalt Vila, STK and Glitterbox – it was definitely the wiser choice to call it a night after Ants.

Going back?:
Of course.

Top tip:
Have fun and enjoy yourself!! Sounds stupid, I know, but why fuss over anything really while you’re there? After the first few moments at Guetta with all the filming, crowding, non-dancing I could have easily just waited for the night to finish and look forward to Ants the next day. But instead I just enjoyed the fact that I’m in a club in Ibiza with the love of my life, actually got into the music and danced and jumped the night away until 6. Don’t take yourselves too seriously! ?
Really good reviews! ?

Dates you were there:

Where you stayed:
Ushuaia, PdB

Club nights visited:

FMIF @ Hi

Ants @ Ushuaia

Glitterbox @ Hi

Best night:

Worst night:
None (not even Guetta)

Best bar:

Best place to eat:

Money spent:

Biggest regret:

Going back?:
Of course.

Top tip:
very nice review,

Dates you were there:
23rd – 27th of August
This was my first of 2 Ibiza trips this year. This one with 3 friends, 2 of them in Ibiza for the first time. The third one has been my Ibiza running mate on all my 5 previous trips.

Where you stayed:
Bora Bora, PDB
For where it is located and for what you pay for some of the other hotels in the area, I think it’s great value for money. Given, of course, that you’re not planning on relaxing at any point during your holiday ? Seriously though, it actually is pretty quiet during the day until about 2 or 3, sometimes later. Will stay there again.

Club nights visited:
Calvin Harris @ Ushuaia
Pretty “easy” start to the holiday, considering our two newbies aren’t electronic music veterans. I really like Ushuaia, especially when the sun is still out. The crowd was up for it, the songs you’d expect were played and it was a nice evening to get into the mood for what was to come.

Dixon (b2b Ame) @ Pacha
I already wrote about this in the Dixon thread on the day after, so I’ll keep this short. But what a night! Of course, I was flying on those Soundclouds, so it would have been tough to not have a great night, but the music and visuals were the perfect match. What a journey…

Pure Pacha @ Pacha
Pacha is my favourite club and I like a good house set so I had my hopes up for Armand van Helden and Martin Solveig. Somehow it didn’t really click, though. Soundclouds again, so not a bad night at all, but something was off.
The crowd wasn’t the best, as it was a mix of Instagram hunters trying to get a video of Martin Solveig and groups of guys “on the hunt”. Now that last part has been discussed at various spots here on the forum, but this is really annoying. As soon as you had a woman or women on the dancefloor, it usually only took a moment until at least 5 guys (often a group) were circling them and trying to make a move. Sometimes they didn’t even care if a guy was already with them (this also, has obviously mentioned on here). Killed the mood for me a little bit.
Musically, it was all over the place. Armand van Helden just played his hits, which was ok but nothing exciting and Martin Solveig seemed like he couldn’t decide whether he wants to also play his hits or play more of an underground style and even some techno. Most of the crowd was there to see him play his hits, so they weren’t really into it when he went “deeper”. I on the other hand quite enjoyed those parts, but just when I could really get into it, on came “Intoxicated”, or “Hello”, or …. So that always took me out of it again. The weirdest point for me was, when as his last tune before handing over he played Adam Beyer’s “Your mind” FOR THE SECOND TIME. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a DJ in an Ibiza Club (or anywhere for that matter) play the same tune twice within an hour of each other…

Glitterbox @ Hi
Glitterbox is one of my favorite nights, ever since my first time there at Space in 2016. While it’s not the same at Hi, I still think it works well there.
Bit of a damper at the beginning, as one of our 2 newbies had his supplies found and taken away by security at the entrance. That small pocket in your Jeans is just not a good hiding spot… Good friends that we are, we obviously chipped in and gave him what was supposed to be our top-up rations. That meant that we “only” had one Soundcloud each, though. Normally more than enough, but this was the third night in a row, so by that time the effects wore off pretty quickly.
On the other hand, newbie number 2 for some reason thought it would be a good idea to take his Soundcloud in one piece, shortly after which he became really paranoid about a group of guys that had supposedly surrounded him and started poking him with their index fingers. Looking back at it now, it is actually quite hilarious, and he will hear about this forever. But at that time, he really wanted to leave, and it was all we could do to calm him down and persuade him to stay (letting him leave alone in that state was obviously not an option). It took a while (no idea, could be 30 mins, could be an hour, my sense of time is completely off) but he came around and we stayed and danced until the end. Bit of a mood dampener, though, unfortunately.
Musically it was decent, though not spectacular. Atmosphere in the wild corner is always fun and Roger Sanchez delivered what I thought was a surprisingly hard set (for Glitterbox) to close the night.

Pyramid (Diynamic Takeover) @ Amnesia
The atmosphere for this was special even before entering as there were heavy thunderstorms outside. Inside, the atmosphere on the terrace, where Solomun was on, was electric, as well. I mean, it was already heaving, no better way to describe it. We went to a spot all the way to the front right and we just stayed there all night. We usually make a point of moving around but for some reason, the atmosphere just had us glued to that spot all night. Danced right until the last tune (Carl Cox’s remix of Ninetoes’ Finder) without sitting down once. Obviously, in hindsight I would have loved to see other sets as well (see “Biggest regret”), but at that time, we didn’t even once consider moving.
Can’t really pinpoint one standout moment, but that whole b2b of Capriati and Solomun to close that night was special.

Best night:
Dixon all the way for me. However, for each of us it was a different night, weirdly enough. Guess that means we did something right, though.

Worst night:
First night back home after 4 straight nights on the Soundclouds….

Best bar:
Apart from our balcony, we didn’t really hit bars that much. Bora Bora is always fun during the day for a couple of beers and people watching, though.

Best place to eat:
No culinary experiments on this trip. Ciao Ciao in PDB was very good, though. I had some very good Spaghetti Carbonara for a reasonable price (can’t remember how much, just that I thought it was reasonable at the time…). Shout out, also, to the “Kleine Kneipe” behind Sal Rossa. Good beer, German Bundesliga on TV and that Schnitzel hit exactly the right spot after that first night.

Money spent:
Seems to be getting more every trip, but still reasonable. Helps if you plan/book well ahead of time (tickets, flights and hotel) and if your favorite bar is your balcony.

Biggest regret:
Not hearing that apparently amazing Adriatique set at Amnesia. As we were having a great time on that heaving terrace, though, it’s not really a regret. Can’t do everything…

Going back?:
Absolutely. Only question is one or two trips next year ?

Top tip:
Don’t visit a fun park with roller coasters with your kids on your first day back! Sleep deprivation and a severe case of the come down combined with all these unnatural G-forces had my stomach and my brain in all kinds of trouble. Kids were having a great time though, so obviously all worth it (kind of… ? )!
wow that review made me feel like i was there myself, might not be too funny but liked the bit about your mate that wanted to leave hi, hope he was ok after.

Dates you were there: 4 - 6 Oct alone

Where you stayed: fig central Playa hotel, arrived at 8am and annoyingly could not check in till 2pm so walked around ibiza town had breakfast, had a nice drink and people watched then checked in and slept for a bit

Club nights visited: amnesia closing and dixon

Best night: both were great but amnesia closing...best amnesia closing in years! Not too packed nicely busy easy to move, previous years has been unbearablly busy and music amazing, Anna and Nina blew me away

Worst night: none

Best bar: n/a

Best place to eat: didn't eat much

Money spent: too much

Biggest regret: none

Going back?: always, next year for 40, I want to go two times! next year want to go 2 days for shadows and ants

Top tip: I fell in love with ibiza again had an amazing time! I love going Ibiza alone just can do what you want when you want and meet new people!
short review, but still good

Did you get back on the Soundclouds when you went back with your missus?
Would have loved to, but unfortunately even after being together for 18 years, this is not a "hobby" we share... She would have been completely fine with me rolling (and even told me to several times), but I didn't want to do it alone.
Trust me, I described the "benefits" as best I could in the discussions leading up to the trip, but obviously I respect her decision.
This being her first time in Ibiza, I think she had more than enough new and amazing experiences to make it a memorable one.
Perhaps this will be something for the next trip ;)

^ good review. an honest flavour of different parties.

sad to hear about Solveig (hard to believe now how much of a fan I used to be!) - sounds like a party without a real identity anymore and invariably attracts people there for the wrong reasons

First day back at work today after what was another unforgettable, and unexpected longer than planned trip.

I shall not go into too much detail as I think most of it has been said already regarding Cocoon Closing but just WOW! Over September I was on the island 3 times. 8-10, for Sven ANL at Underground, 13-18 for a nice 5 night break and included Sven ANL at Amnesia and then what was supposed to be 30-2nd, but turned into 30-5th.

Already done a review of the 8-10th and 13-18 trips somewhere on the forum so will focus on 30th September -5th October.

This trip was suppose to be just for Cocoon Closing and what a night/day this was! Arrived at Amnesia for open and plotted up on the terrace all night. Stayed till the bitter end and loved every minute. Got back to the hotel about 8-8:30 and carried on there for a little until some of the group @LP_IBIZA included, decided to get some rest. This was my plan, but like all plans in Ibiza they rarely happen!

So me and one mate stayed up in the apartment carrying on all the way until it was time to finally start getting ready for the afters. Met back up with the group, went for some food, then made out way to Benimussa for what was to be an unforgettable day and evening. I was feeling rather knackered when we arrived but the tempo and volume was perfect and bit by bit over the next few hours Sven built me back up. Stayed until about an hour before the end and was gutted to have missed the finish but still what an incredible day and night!

Nice to see you again @stivi as well!

Anyway so after the madness of Cocoon and chilled day on the Wednesday followed and our flight home was scheduled for 21:40pm that night irrc. This is when my trip went just a tad off plan.

Just about to bored the plane and bang can't find my passport!!!!!!

Either lost of stolen I had no other choice but the leave my group to travel home without me. Initially panic mode set in, my heart dropped and I had no idea what to do. I left to airport, jumped straight in a taxi back to a mates house, and took half hour to assess the situation.

All I will say is thank god for travel insurance! It's about 11pm on Wednesday night at this point, I've had very little sleep and very little food. It's at this point I decide to call my insurance. Turns out I'm covered for flights and hotel for quite a nice amount. I had a look online and found a lovely room at the 5* all inclusive hotel, Grand Palladium White Island. So I got a taxi there and after some drama around not having a passport to check in I was escorted to my room.

Well what an amazing hotel this was! 24/7 sports bar serving hot food and alcohol was much needed and called it a night about 3am. My birthday was approaching on the Saturday (5th October) and all I could think was what a lovely birthday present from my insurance! Did have to take a trip to the police station on Thursday to report my passport but managed to have an emergency passport sorted on Friday so booked a flight home for Saturday late afternoon.

After a couple chilled days around the pool just drinking and eating I thought it would be rude not to attend Dixon's closing to see in my 25th birthday and even though I was solo it was a very good night indeed. Arrived again for open and only managed to last until shortly after 4am I believe, a little gutted but all things considered what an amazing trip it turned out to be!

Got home Saturday night, had a Chinese and have pretty much slept through till work this morning.

Moral or the story is always take out travel insurance!

Will I be back … damn blood right!!! My love for this magical island gets more and more every time I visit and have goosebumps just writing this.

Openings are very much on the cards and will be booking something as soon as possible.

Roll on 2020.

Would have loved to, but unfortunately even after being together for 18 years, this is not a "hobby" we share... She would have been completely fine with me rolling (and even told me to several times), but I didn't want to do it alone.
Trust me, I described the "benefits" as best I could in the discussions leading up to the trip, but obviously I respect her decision.
This being her first time in Ibiza, I think she had more than enough new and amazing experiences to make it a memorable one.

Ah fair one mate, was more interested if you got back on it after a short break.

I was going to get on it this weekend but my missus talked me out of it. Says I need a longer break and she’s probably right ?

My husband and I are the same. He's just not in to it.

Back