Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2019

Dates you were there:

6th July > 13th July

Where you stayed:

Apartment in Platja d'en Bossa near the beach.

Club nights visited:

La Espuma @ Amnesia
The Masquerade @ Pacha
Steve Aoki @ Amnesia
Martin Garrix @ Ushuaïa
Armin Van Buuren @ Ushuaïa
David Guetta @ Hï Ibiza

Best night:

Martin Garrix @ Ushuaïa - This was incredible, the atmosphere was something that can't be topped, it has a festival vibe, everyone is extremely friendly and of course Martin Garrix was amazing.

(Shout outs to Steve Aoki @ Amnesia and Armin Van Buuren @ Ushuaïa too)

Worst night:

Toss up between The Masquerade @ Pacha and Hï Ibiza -
Pacha was lovely but the atmosphere wasn't great and also the music wasn't really my thing but I think if i had chosen a different night to go then it would be a different story.

But David Guetta @ Hï Ibiza was the worst, the music was amazing as always by David Guetta but that couldn't carry the night, the place was absolutely packed, it had a very weird design and it was too hot to do anything, even with the best music this place was not enjoyable.

Best bar:

We didn't go to many bars but my favourite was Dunes, it's a nice little place that was close to us, nothing amazing to say about it as I don't have much to compare it to, but from the few places we tried that's the one I liked best.

Best place to eat:

Again nothing really stood out to me, the nicest thing I had whilst I was there was probably a takeaway burger from a random fast food restaurant, all the restaurants were nice but nothing stood out drastically.

Money spent:

€170 On flights
€550 For Apartment
€900 On clubs and spending money.

Biggest regret:

Not going to Ushuaïa more, I wish I had gone 4 or even 5 times, it was by far the best place I've been to.

Going back?:

Absolutely, will go back again next summer and definitely for longer than 1 week.

Top tip:

Not sure what my top tip would be, perhaps to go to Ushuaïa as much as you can, and also go Jet-Skiing, that was great.
???

Dates you were there:
14-17th August

Where you stayed:
Hotel Tagomago, San An Bay

Club nights visited:
WooMoon@Cova Santa
Dixon @ Pacha

Best night:
Cova Santa

Worst night:
Don't do worst nights ...

Best bar:
Surprisingly ... BayBar

Best place to eat:
El Rincon de Pepe

Money spent:
600 euro spends, hotel flights etc... 1000 (for 2!)

Biggest regret:
None

Going back?:
Of course

Top tip: a tip I got from here about using the bus to get to Cova Santa - used the number 9 airport one, it cost us 5 euros for two. Nervous about knowing where the bus stop was - but we looked out for one before, Can Jordi which was really obvious and then pressed the buzzer.

FInally getting around to write one of these:

Dates you were there: 26/7 - 31/7

Where you stayed: Hotel Garbi Ibiza - Great hotel. Room was big and comfortable. Only made it to the breakfast once but it was a nice spread. Room was right at the pool but I was able to sleep just fine. Didn't get to use many of the amenities.

Club nights visited: Ushuaia SHM, Shadows, Black Coffee, Solomun + 1, Circoloco, Resistance

Best night:Got invited to Solomun + 1 VIP by some people we met there. Pacha for the VIP experience was unreal. Never did I expect to be there. Shadows the music was the best, Solomun b2b TOU. Circoloco was a great vibe but i felt it was way too crowded. Resistance was probably the best night though. The music and the lights and production in there are off the charts.

Worst night: If I had to pick the worst event was SHM if I had to pick. They kept interrupting their set and it felt more like concert than dance party. Still had a good time though.

Best bar: Don't think I went to any.

Best place to eat: La Escollera hands down - Thank you @stivi for the recomendation, was a great Bday lunch.

Money spent: If i had to guess between flights, hotel, tickets and everything about 3k-4k euros.

Biggest regret: Don't think I have any. Maybe not enjoying many daytime activities. Was hard to getting to the hotel at 7 am and then sleeping til 2.

Going back?:Definitely. Some friends already booked hotel for next year.

Top tip: Take a test kit, pace yourself, hydrate, eat and sleep and just go with the flow. If you got an event in mind don't be afraid from splitting from your group to go!

Thank you to everyone on here that gives out advice and tips. You guys definitely made my trip alot better than it would have been otherwise.

FInally getting around to write one of these:

Dates you were there: 26/7 - 31/7

Where you stayed: Hotel Garbi Ibiza - Great hotel. Room was big and comfortable. Only made it to the breakfast once but it was a nice spread. Room was right at the pool but I was able to sleep just fine. Didn't get to use many of the amenities.

Club nights visited: Ushuaia SHM, Shadows, Black Coffee, Solomun + 1, Circoloco, Resistance

Best night:Got invited to Solomun + 1 VIP by some people we met there. Pacha for the VIP experience was unreal. Never did I expect to be there. Shadows the music was the best, Solomun b2b TOU. Circoloco was a great vibe but i felt it was way too crowded. Resistance was probably the best night though. The music and the lights and production in there are off the charts.

Worst night: If I had to pick the worst event was SHM if I had to pick. They kept interrupting their set and it felt more like concert than dance party. Still had a good time though.

Best bar: Don't think I went to any.

Best place to eat: La Escollera hands down - Thank you @stivi for the recomendation, was a great Bday lunch.

Money spent: If i had to guess between flights, hotel, tickets and everything about 3k-4k euros.

Biggest regret: Don't think I have any. Maybe not enjoying many daytime activities. Was hard to getting to the hotel at 7 am and then sleeping til 2.

Going back?:Definitely. Some friends already booked hotel for next year.

Top tip: Take a test kit, pace yourself, hydrate, eat and sleep and just go with the flow. If you got an event in mind don't be afraid from splitting from your group to go!

Thank you to everyone on here that gives out advice and tips. You guys definitely made my trip alot better than it would have been otherwise.
Great review.

Garbi is a great place to stay; you picked some great events too.

Awesome to read so much positivity - ignore Craig. ?

Sorry, but Craig is right on one thing.
Ibiza holidays without going to a proper bar are not successful ibiza holidays.
That sounds a bit like the pirate stating that parties that play techno don't have proper music.

One could argue that Ibiza holidays without eating at some lovely places aren't successful, but I'm sure that lots of young people have had very successful holidays without eating at any restaurants.

Craig also commented on my 'how was it review' stating that's not the way to do it.

I didn't realise that there was only one way to do it, or rather a correct way.

Having had trips there with the family, just the guys, couple's holidays and some on my own, I thought that you could do Ibiza however you wanted.

Do more bars.. and not just Mambars or Cafe del bars but local bars. You never know who you might meet..

Do the overpriced bars on that main Ibiza town strip count? Or smaller less fancy bars?

It is kinda interesting to be sitting with who I presume are locals at the smaller bars

Do the overpriced bars on that main Ibiza town strip count? Or smaller less fancy bars?

It is kinda interesting to be sitting with who I presume are locals at the smaller bars

Locals bars everywhere in Spain over tourist bars. Even better if they have some tapas at the counter (providing it's not snails). I tend to find the bars on (or just off) the main road you'd walk coming from PDB to Ibiza Town.

Locals bars everywhere in Spain over tourist bars. Even better if they have some tapas at the counter (providing it's not snails). I tend to find the bars on (or just off) the main road you'd walk coming from PDB to Ibiza Town.
I love this but some of my friends would walk in and aye "hallow maaaate can I have a pint please" (Geordie accent).

Stand out like a sore thumb ?

Back