Dates you were there:
10th May - 26th July

Where you stayed:
My flat in Portinatx

Club nights visited:
ADID@Cova Santa
Rumors @Las Dalias

Best night:
Rumors, just after Sant Joan Dance of course.

Worst night:
?

Best bar:
I really have to answer?

Best place to eat:
Es Puet Blanc

Money spent:
A lot, too much. Like always.

Biggest regret:
No real clubbing night in ibiza, at Ushuaia, Privilège or Hï... Naaaaah...

Going back?:
End of September for 5 weeks or more, maybe 7 or 8.

Top tip:
No tip this year, but...

This is the time to try to share some of my fabulous experience this summer in Ibiza, spend two and a half months with no other goal than to enjoy life.
We drank, too, we ate, too much, took drugs, reasonably, we laughed, a lot, we cried, a little, especially when we had to go again.
For the first time in 25 years, I had the time to enjoy the seasons, spring and summer, of my friends, without having to wonder if I would have the time to see them again before leaving, I was cold , early May night, I had hot early July, I forgot a short moment this bitch of life.
I wish everyone a quarter of the happiness I have had in recent weeks.
This place is special, very special. Over the last 25 years, Ibiza has given me the strongest emotions of my life.
Thank you ibiza, thank you Nathalie, thank you Iain, Jacky, Sven, Loreto, Carlo, Cristina, Miku, Mima,, @stivi Joan, David, Marina, Connie, Penny, James, Mano, Lourdes, @kimajy ,@McRackin , Javier, Toni, and the others lovely people whom we shared lovely time with.
Thank you Balansat, Cova Santa, Portinatx, Las Dalias, Benirras, Cala Xucla, el Chiringuito, thank you Local Policia, San Juan, Ses Caletes, Sant Vicent, and even thank you Balearia.
A few pics of the summer, i' no particular order...
Thank you @jimmiz

Dates you were there: July 30 - August 2nd

Where you stayed: Cala Beia Boutique Hostal: It's pretty much a mini budget hotel disguised as a hostal, good price/location and great spot overall. Never stayed in the same place twice but may have to make an acception here. It's ideal for a short stay.

Club nights visited: Resistance, Paradise and Afterlife.

Best night: Witnessing Privilege in full flow with Carl and friends at the helm was a treat. Seeing such a superclub heavyweight at the peak of its powers is what makes the island so magical. As I reminisce here now I get emotional because of just how special this night was.

Worst night: Afterlife. Yeah it just massively disappointed me. The crowd in the club room might have been the most bored I have seen at a techno gig. It was even worse in the main room in terms of the punters (the kind that give you a bad taste in your mouth, bordering on Carola crew!) The strong point of this party has always been the music and this was exactly the case in the club. However, in the main room the Tale of Us just did not deliever, the stuff they're playing out currently (at this night particularly) just doesn't do it for me. It's the kind of music you would be embarassed if anyone heard you listening to it. One positive about the crowd specifically was that while there was plenty of obnoxious Italians, we shared some fun moments with four lunatics who came from Milan. Guys we will probably never interact with again but just one of them only in Ibiza memories that are never forgotten. We left by being referred to by them as "friends" so yeah, amicizia! Haha.

Best bar: I'll be honest, it's a yearly custom that I like to visit multiple bars in the Westend as predrinks one of the nights and this time it was no different (just a drink or two in several places). It's always alot of fun and enjoyable in a short burst.

Best place to eat: I've been eating mostly vegan this year, of which they are plenty of places available but all quite far from San Antoni. So the only one I made it over to was Vegan Point which offers the kind of food that is quite tough for me to get back home. I could have just ate here everyday but I didn't go more than twice so as to be able to visit more places. I would have liked to made it to have gone to more predominately plant based cuisine restaurants but unless I was prepared to do so alone it made it quite difficult. Luckily almost anywhere decent you can amend a dish to fit vegan parameters (sin queso is your best friend as someone has noted on here before). Other places I liked elsewhere where Ohana and Night (I think was the name? Past the American Diner near KFC) in PDB). Atleast once every year I also like to eat at Bondi and Davids as tradition and also since they're really good can't recommend these and the rest enough.

Money spent: Definitely more than I usually would have in any previous 3 day stretch or possibly even longer of my previous trips. This time however, when it came to value for money, I absolutely got my Euros worth here.

Biggest regret: Everytime you go with a any kind of group even one person you are gonna have to follow the crowd on ocassion, so unless I count that as a regret, I would probably say I have none.

Top tip: First off I will say using the bag drop in PDB was a lifesaver, we were able to grab our stuff straight after seeing the night out at Hï and then going straight to the airport, will be using it again no doubt. On this trip it was also the first year I made a vested effort to learn a decent amount of Spanish before arriving and it was a great decision. It was very fun to interact with locals even though they almost always respond in English but you can see how much they appreciate the effort. Wish I had of done so in past years.

Going back?: Back for the Resistance closing which looks mouthwatering in more ways than one. This trip was more of a short sprint, trying to cram in as much as possible. This meant getting to the clubs upon opening and really getting to see the night build before reaching it's climax. All this while receiving around 7 hours sleep over the course of 104 hours. Not to mention the very little amount I got the night before the intial flight (kid at Christmas eve right?) All of which of I am of course paying for now as I'm sat in Madrid airport waiting on my connection back to Dublin but it was so worth it. Especially since two months ago it didn't appear as though I would be seeing any of the island this year at all. So to be able to make it over twice this season, no matter how long is a big victory in my book. So as I leave the island behind, I share no sorrow, only excitement, until we meet again.

Here are my favourite tracks I heard played out throughout the 3 days I was there:

Last edited:
Dates you were there:
July 15th to 25th

Where you stayed:
Bellamar San An - Only hotel I will stay when im in San An..8th stay there over the years & its not changed - why would it. Traditional & rooms if you go for the superior has lovely views on es puet beach

Club nights visited:
Clockwork - benimussa park
Clockwork - Amnesia all dayer
Clockwork - Closing (mambo) - not really a club night I know

Best night:
Clockwork - Amnesia all dayer shaded it for me, was in for Alfredo early doors & stayed until the end of Sebs set. Music wise you know what you are getting with a clockwork orange event..old classics mixed in with some current tracks. As said Graeme Park's set was my personal highlight, Big supporter & hes not played in Amnesa since the 90's, also being a local (scottish lad)..maybe im biased some what...

Worst night:

Best bar:
Cafe del mar - seen a decline over the years, especially with the place to be is mambo (apparently). Still cant fault it..

Best place to eat:
Had dinner @ Pizza man, Tapas, Mint & Cafe del mar. Tapa's shaded it for me, the baked cod is one of the nicest fish meals ive had on the island..

Money spent:
2400 on flights & hotel
180 on tickets
1000 on day & night stuff

Biggest regret:
Picking the wrong night to go to Cafe del mar - as I missed Nick warren & hernan cattaneo playing a sunset slot for resistance the night before was needing a rest after 4 days on it...lol

Also not going to cova santa for Luciano, only found out he was playing late on...

Going back?:
Again Sep/October for us - 30th to 5th, Staying at the Ibiza gran again. Will be hitting destino & Heart (hopefully Luciano will be playing)

Top tip:
Respect the island & its people. (know everyone on spotlight does)!!

Last edited:
Dates you were there:
10th May - 26th July

Where you stayed:
My flat in Portinatx

Club nights visited:
ADID@Cova Santa
Rumors @Las Dalias

Best night:
Rumors, just after Sant Joan Dance of course.

Worst night:
?

Best bar:
I really have to answer?

Best place to eat:
Es Puet Blanc

Money spent:
A lot, too much. Like always.

Biggest regret:
No real clubbing night in ibiza, at Ushuaia, Privilège or Hï... Naaaaah...

Going back?:
End of September for 5 weeks or more, maybe 7 or 8.

Top tip:
No tip this year, but...

This is the time to try to share some of my fabulous experience this summer in Ibiza, spend two and a half months with no other goal than to enjoy life.
We drank, too, we ate, too much, took drugs, reasonably, we laughed, a lot, we cried, a little, especially when we had to go again.
For the first time in 25 years, I had the time to enjoy the seasons, spring and summer, of my friends, without having to wonder if I would have the time to see them again before leaving, I was cold , early May night, I had hot early July, I forgot a short moment this bitch of life.
I wish everyone a quarter of the happiness I have had in recent weeks.
This place is special, very special. Over the last 25 years, Ibiza has given me the strongest emotions of my life.
Thank you ibiza, thank you Nathalie, thank you Iain, Jacky, Sven, Loreto, Carlo, Cristina, Miku, Mima,, @stivi Joan, David, Marina, Connie, Penny, James, Mano, Lourdes, @kimajy ,@McRackin , Javier, Toni, and the others lovely people whom we shared lovely time with.
Thank you Balansat, Cova Santa, Portinatx, Las Dalias, Benirras, Cala Xucla, el Chiringuito, thank you Local Policia, San Juan, Ses Caletes, Sant Vicent, and even thank you Balearia.
A few pics of the summer, i' no particular order...

Lovely words and pics @jimmiz was great to see you and chat - twice ! It's been a long time since I stayed long enough to completely relax and take my time seeing people and going places without counting the hours till I have to go again. Maybe one of these days it'll work out !! But you are completely right, every minute on the island is a blessing however short or long ?

Lovely words and pics @jimmiz was great to see you and chat - twice ! It's been a long time since I stayed long enough to completely relax and take my time seeing people and going places without counting the hours till I have to go again. Maybe one of these days it'll work out !! But you are completely right, every minute on the island is a blessing however short or long ?
?
Thank you

Dates you were there: 21st - 25th July

Where you stayed: Jet apartments (very quiet compared to what it used to be like)

Club nights visited: Warriors @ Octan, Cocoon @ Amnesia, Resistance Opening Party @ Privilege

Best night: Resistance. Just wow. Our group were all pretty tired after going out the previous two nights, but we rocked up to privilege and thank god we did, we arrived just as Sasha and Digweed were starting and did not move until the end of the night. Adam Beyer and Maceo Plex were incredible, none of us even wanted to go to the bar or the loo incase we missed something! Cocoon was a close second, Tale of Us on that terrace was unbelievable, Sven played a nice warm up set and we saw ANNA in the club room inbetween and she played some banging tunes. Warriors was a good night to start off with, the sound system in that basement is insane. Detlef playing Daft punk - one more time to finish the night off was a moment to remember.

Worst night: none.

Best bar: Tantra, Syrossian played for 3 hours before we went over to warriors at octan.

Best place to eat: we didn’t eat much..... we’d pick up a pizza from a little joint next door to steak’n’shake and sit outside Bora Bora most nights before going out.

Money spent: about €1500 on spending, flights and hotel.

Biggest regret: Not going to the vista room to see CDW at Resistance, but we just didn’t want to miss any of Beyer/Maceo’s set

Going back?: third year in a row on the island and I said this would be by last for a while, but I’m sure I’ll be back next year

Top tip: make the most of everything whilst you’re there!

Dates you were there:

Wed 24th July to Sat 03rd August - we were originally booked to come back on Tue 30th August but I had already decided to stay later and booked different flights & accommodation but didn’t tell the girls (gf + our 10 year old)… their reaction each time I told them we were staying was well worth it

Where you stayed:
o Oasis Sa Tanca – Cala Llonga (6 nights)
o Migjorn – PDB (2 nights)
o Castavi Apartments – Formentera (2 nights)

Each time we checked out I told the girls we were going home…

Club nights visited:

o Shadows @ Cova Santa (Tale of Us / Solomun as guests)
o Resistance for Carl Cox’s birthday

Best night:

Tough to decide between the 2 nights we went to; very different.

Shadows was fantastic with a diverse crowd, it was outdoors, we got in for free, and it wasn’t super crowded even though Solomun was playing.

Resistance was the best Resistance Ibiza event I have been to (I've been to 5 or 6), and the second best event at Privilege other than the massive closing party in 2017.

Both nights redeemed my faith in the clubbing aspect of the island.

Worst night:

None.

Best bar:

Amante I guess – we didn’t really do bars as such, so not sure that this counts. We visited frequently as we were staying right nearby; one full day was spent there eating and drinking, as well as swimming. It’s not the best beach but that means that there are less people.

Aiyanna (the sister venue) was also great.

Best place to eat:

Jul’s was fantastic but quite expensive

Bambuddha was very good – haven’t been there for years

The Boat House had an amazing Tomahawk steak – highly recommend

Money spent:

Deciding to double our stay the week before going cost us a fair bit – worth every penny

Biggest regret:

Not staying longer… maybe staying in Cala Longa instead of the Migjorn; the pool area was better for the 10 year old (and us) at Migjorn. Needed to come back and earn some money though…

Going back?:

Looking to go back in October / depends on ADE

Top tip:

For the super popular / busy events, get wristbands / go early

Get a car (did tons of new beaches again)

Drink wine instead of cocktails – we spunked heaps of cash on cocktails and then realised it was pointless. Wine is good, and cheap. Cocktails are mainly sugar, and definitely not as strong as they used to be…

We did a few menu del dia and they are very good value if you want to save cash – plus pretty decent. The best venues need a car I think

Dates you were there:

Wed 24th July to Sat 03rd August - we were originally booked to come back on Tue 30th August but I had already decided to stay later and booked different flights & accommodation but didn’t tell the girls (gf + our 10 year old)… their reaction each time I told them we were staying was well worth it

Where you stayed:
o Oasis Sa Tanca – Cala Llonga (6 nights)
o Migjorn – PDB (2 nights)
o Castavi Apartments – Formentera (2 nights)

Each time we checked out I told the girls we were going home…

Club nights visited:

o Shadows @ Cova Santa (Tale of Us / Solomun as guests)
o Resistance for Carl Cox’s birthday

Best night:

Tough to decide between the 2 nights we went to; very different.

Shadows was fantastic with a diverse crowd, it was outdoors, we got in for free, and it wasn’t super crowded even though Solomun was playing.

Resistance was the best Resistance Ibiza event I have been to (I've been to 5 or 6), and the second best event at Privilege other than the massive closing party in 2017.

Both nights redeemed my faith in the clubbing aspect of the island.

Worst night:

None.

Best bar:

Amante I guess – we didn’t really do bars as such, so not sure that this counts. We visited frequently as we were staying right nearby; one full day was spent there eating and drinking, as well as swimming. It’s not the best beach but that means that there are less people.

Aiyanna (the sister venue) was also great.

Best place to eat:

Jul’s was fantastic but quite expensive

Bambuddha was very good – haven’t been there for years

The Boat House had an amazing Tomahawk steak – highly recommend

Money spent:

Deciding to double our stay the week before going cost us a fair bit – worth every penny

Biggest regret:

Not staying longer… maybe staying in Cala Longa instead of the Migjorn; the pool area was better for the 10 year old (and us) at Migjorn. Needed to come back and earn some money though…

Going back?:

Looking to go back in October / depends on ADE

Top tip:

For the super popular / busy events, get wristbands / go early

Get a car (did tons of new beaches again)

Drink wine instead of cocktails – we spunked heaps of cash on cocktails and then realised it was pointless. Wine is good, and cheap. Cocktails are mainly sugar, and definitely not as strong as they used to be…

We did a few menu del dia and they are very good value if you want to save cash – plus pretty decent. The best venues need a car I think
Did you drink wines in clubs? Quite a keen drinker now I'm in the 26-35 age bracket.

I agree with cocktails not worth the £££ at times

Dates you were there:

6th July > 13th July

Where you stayed:

Apartment in Platja d'en Bossa near the beach.

Club nights visited:

La Espuma @ Amnesia
The Masquerade @ Pacha
Steve Aoki @ Amnesia
Martin Garrix @ Ushuaïa
Armin Van Buuren @ Ushuaïa
David Guetta @ Hï Ibiza

Best night:

Martin Garrix @ Ushuaïa - This was incredible, the atmosphere was something that can't be topped, it has a festival vibe, everyone is extremely friendly and of course Martin Garrix was amazing.

(Shout outs to Steve Aoki @ Amnesia and Armin Van Buuren @ Ushuaïa too)

Worst night:

Toss up between The Masquerade @ Pacha and Hï Ibiza -
Pacha was lovely but the atmosphere wasn't great and also the music wasn't really my thing but I think if i had chosen a different night to go then it would be a different story.

But David Guetta @ Hï Ibiza was the worst, the music was amazing as always by David Guetta but that couldn't carry the night, the place was absolutely packed, it had a very weird design and it was too hot to do anything, even with the best music this place was not enjoyable.

Best bar:

We didn't go to many bars but my favourite was Dunes, it's a nice little place that was close to us, nothing amazing to say about it as I don't have much to compare it to, but from the few places we tried that's the one I liked best.

Best place to eat:

Again nothing really stood out to me, the nicest thing I had whilst I was there was probably a takeaway burger from a random fast food restaurant, all the restaurants were nice but nothing stood out drastically.

Money spent:

€170 On flights
€550 For Apartment
€900 On clubs and spending money.

Biggest regret:

Not going to Ushuaïa more, I wish I had gone 4 or even 5 times, it was by far the best place I've been to.

Going back?:

Absolutely, will go back again next summer and definitely for longer than 1 week.

Top tip:

Not sure what my top tip would be, perhaps to go to Ushuaïa as much as you can, and also go Jet-Skiing, that was great.

Back