Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2018

Great review! Come to think of it... i dont ever remember coming across any Italian's in any hotel ive stayed in :lol:

me either, i think some of them just came to party thru the night and sleept on the beaches or maybe on a camp site. a group of them were sunbathing next to us at sa trincha, they went to shower there after the beach and looked like they were getting ready to go out again.
i ask myself how they pay for them high priced tickets for the clubs? as unemployment in the naples area and the south is very high.

me either, i think some of them just came to party thru the night and sleept on the beaches or maybe on a camp site. a group of them were sunbathing next to us at sa trincha, they went to shower there after the beach and looked like they were getting ready to go out again.
i ask myself how they pay for them high priced tickets for the clubs? as unemployment in the naples area and the south is very high.
By not paying for hotels or deoderant :D

:eek:
Just confirm me, u dont listen to House music?, as Ego djs were the best i heard this year, far beyond capriati , cox, david morales , louie vega, all djs u may heard in ibz, otherwise nothing to complain about the rest
i didnt expect to attend a manumission privilege party

Slow down , turbo , the line they have booked this year at EGO was amazing. The fact that they got Nightmares on Wax to perform a dj set shows just how credible they are at the minute and that they can only get stronger. But on the night I was there , the music just didnt live up to what I expected. I have nothing but love and resp3ct for M&C , especially after the way they were treated by THE OTHER TWO. And I was lucky enough to experience the original MANU nights at Aethenaeum in Manchester over 20 years ago (god i feel old) but on the night I was there the actual cabaret by LIO was the best part of the night and i was hoping it would have been the EGO party which , sadly , it wasnt. Nothing but luv , bruv...xxx

namaste has got a very nice and warm atmosphere aswell as a peacefull crowd, the decorations are well psychadelic, i liked the drink prices aswell, had a few beers, i can only remember eva pacificos set, i like her music style, also saw her a few times on ibiza global tv or was it sonika tv?
Namaste is amazing. Booked my 2019 trip with a wednesday afternoon flight just to make it to the Las Dalias area for Namaste. Free entrance before 21.00 btw.

Namaste is amazing. Booked my 2019 trip with a wednesday afternoon flight just to make it to the Las Dalias area for Namaste. Free entrance before 21.00 btw.
yes i also like namaste but aswell acid sundays but acid sundays only when in las dalias, both quite chilled events, definetly a more relaxed and freaky crowd then the crowd at pdb or san an, dunno if its coz the partycrod consists of more locals and alternative partygoers..

Dates you were there:
21st - 24th sept

Where you stayed:
Air bnb ibiza royal beach appts I think.

Club nights visited:
Glitterbox
Melon bomb Nassau
Pikes sat night
Rumors at destino

Best night:
Pikes - although lot of people there who looked like they were there to tick it off the list. Including one lump who had overdone it and bumped in to me all night, even when I moved he’d appear next to me.

Worst night:
glitterbox - Harvey was great, as were HMD, PDM and Luke solomon. Crowd not so great, was with 6 girls and creeps everywhere trying to pull

Best bar:
Didn’t really go to any bars

Best place to eat:
Didn’t really eat:confused:

Money spent:
About €600

Biggest regret:
Going straight through fri to sun morning

Going back?:
for the first time in 20 years I’m seriously considering swerving next year.

Top tip:
Eat and sleep

Last edited:
Am I allowed a second go at this for visit 2?? :D I'm going for it anyway

Dates you were there:
12 - 22 September

Where you stayed:
Apartmentos Central City, San An - brilliant location, suffers from a plague of speakers on peoples balconies thinking that you all want to listen to their shite. I was massively lucky though, a corner room with a sea view balcony - fantastic :)

Club nights visited:
  • Paradise - for 20 minutes, this was my first night and left the others I was with to head over to DC-10. I was only really keen on seeing Bontan but couldn't find any set times before heading over. Anyway turns out he was up first at 11 so caught the last 20 minutes or so of his set. The crowd (and security) really weren't making me feel comfortable so I headed back to meet my friends.
  • Bangers & Mashed up, Classic Garage @ Es Paradis - we ended up in Tropicana on the west end a few nights so at kick out time we headed over to the beach where we got wristbands to get in for free at Es Paradis. I quite enjoyed these nights - take them as a bit of fun, they get the classics out - was pretty much there til chucking out time!
  • Black Coffee at Hi - my first time at Hi and I was impressed by the club. I enjoyed Blond:ish and Black Coffee's sets - the only thing that was getting irritating was the creeps and people who wanted to take up loads of space to dance while the rest of us ended up squished. Loved the DJ in the toilet though!!
  • Defected at Eden - went to this night last year and was massively disappointed. I went again this time as friends were going and the line up included Mele so thought it would be worth a shot. I enjoyed the music from Danny Howard, Frankie Rizardo and Mele. The crowd were a bunch of dicks though as expected. It was also way too hot in there but was proud of myself for trucking on til 5.30!!
  • Shine at Vista lounge, Privilige - the best night of the trip! I'm a huge trance lover and had pretty much booked my trip around this closing party. It did not disappoint! Had a chat and a photo with Alex Morph, and danced my socks off all night :D Paul Van Dyk dropping BT - Flaming June was one of those moments I'll never forget :) the crowd were fantastic and even though the place seemed busy there was room to dance and it was easy to get to the bar/toilet. Even if the toilet staff were a bit too keen to knock doors to hurry you up!!
  • Cocoon - the 20 euro early entry price was a big plus. I liked what they've done with Pacha, and I just loved room 2!! I spent most of my time watching Sven though and managed to catch Stivi very briefly which was good :) Found some new friends and danced my way through Sven's set and was really hanging on for Nina - however the people I was with left early and the atmosphere got a bit too testosterone driven on the dance floor and as a lone female didn't feel particularly comfortable for some reason so decided to make tracks. Overall a good 7/10 night though!

Best night:

Shine - think I've covered it all above :) a lot of love in the room :D

Worst night:
Paradise - DC10 is just awful (controversial statement I'm sure!).

Best bar:
Tropicana on the West End :)

Best place to eat:
El Rincon De Pepe - San Antonio

Money spent:
€900 - €1000 ish - I've not counted but know it was a lot!

Biggest regret:
Not arriving early enough at Paradise to catch Bontan

Going back?:
Of course!

Top tip:
Food - always eat properly before a night out, or else you crash and burn!

Dates you were there:
Sept 19-25

Where you stayed:
Amazing Villa in the hills about 15 mins from the airport. Definitely the best place I've ever stayed. Was me and my other half and another couple

Club nights visited:
Afterlife at Hi - Thursday
Circoloco at DC10 - Monday

Best night:
Could not choose between them, both absolutely great.

Afterlife - Stayed in the theatre the whole night from about 1245 til 530 - was really busy from the start
Saw Adriatique, Kink and Tale of Us.
Adriatique absolutely killed it, finished his set with ELAX's Reaktor which was probably one of the best bits of my whole holiday tbh.
Kink was great but went by in a blur (was feeling pretty good by that stage.)
Felt like a real 'event' when Tale of Us came on, the lighting rig at the front went insane and the crowd lapped it up. Great crowd all night by the way - chatted with loads of people. Room to dance too even though was v busy.

Circoloco - What can I say? Faith restored.
Last year didn't have the best time - too busy and music all over the place but was amazing this year.
There was a group of about 10 of us who wanted to get there early (7pm) for the garden and then intention was to leave by about midnight. Three of us massively failed, we left at about 4am - best fail ever.
Gerd Janson really got things going in the garden - played the excellent DJ Seinfeld remix of Honey Dijon's Why which was just perfect as the sun went down - it was non stop dancing really from then on.
Rampa and Ame a different vibe, really interesting beats closed out the garden with Black Coffee swaying along behind them - seemingly just there for the good times
On the Terrace, again bit of a blur (apologies....) but what I can say is that Kerri Chandler stole the show. There was an hour where the place was just going insane. 'Banging' is an overused word but I can't think of a better one. Played two of my faves from last year too - Floorplan's Let The Church and then finishing up with Radio Slave's Another Club. Was so so great.
Seth Troxler was on next and, like last year, was just not for me. The whole atmosphere changed, too much disco and electro. It was time to go. Passed through the main room (Ben Klock playing HEAVY techno) but the moment had passed.

Both amazing nights though 10/10

Worst night:
Attempted to go out for a meal on the Friday but could hardly keep eyes open....wasn't bad just pointless

Best bar:
Does anyone go to bars?

Best place to eat:
La Paloma was great for lunch (good for dinner too)
Patchwork, Lebanese above Sa Punta in Talamanca was nice but as I said, I was basically asleep
Had a great and very fun lunch at Beso Beach on Formentera - lively crowd and great Paella

Money spent:
Honestly, a few grand incl. accom

Biggest regret:
Didn't go to many beaches this year - just Salinas and Formentera

Going back?:
Yes. I get why people are down on it but choose where and when you go carefully and it delivers.
This is probs my 20th time

Top tip:
We did a catamaran to the split and Formentera. Such good fun. Was a group of us - played our own music and came back at sunset. Can't recommend enough. Place right at end of Salinas.

Sounds like you smashed it !! Get back out on your runs the blues will soon fade away beneath the perspiration :D

Haha yup! I had a good go at it again this time! The pain of the first long run back was real yesterday so I did forget those blues for a couple of hours :lol:

A bit delayed this and apologies to anyone who read my ramblings while we where there ... this is second trip of three this year in early September when the weather was not too great but didn’t really effect our fun. It was me and the wife, both mid-40s and only been going by to Ibiza for last 5 years but it rekindled our love of the music / clubbing from when we met in early 90s, and three good friends with us for the first three days.

Dates you were there:Sunday Sep 9th - (late) Saturday 15th September

Where you stayed: Apartment in Ibiza Town close to the Port and Plaza del Parc (rented privately now with bonus of early check-in / late-exit so late flights home are not a problem)

Club nights visited:

Solomun + 1 at Pacha with Sven Vath (third or fourth time now we have bagged Sven with Solomun and he’s growing on us after doing our first Cocoon in July)
Mercury Rising @ Pikes with DJ Harvey
Resistance Closing at Privilege
Diynamic Ibiza @ DC-10

Best night: Diynamic @ DC-10 ... it was our last night and we really let ourselves go here and despite the sound system on the terrace not being great we spent nearly 8 hours there and met some lovely people and caught some great sets ... all a bit of a blur but enjoyed it. Learning now that some of the early nights of our trips can be a bit anxiety-ridden as we try to pace ourselves and get into the swing of things.

Worst night: No worse nights but Harvey is just not my thing musically although we used to see him at the Tonka parties in Brighton >25 years ago ... one of my pals loved it including hearing Shalamar - Just an Illusion ... the crowd where ok as it was early September although we did meet a particularly annoying Californian women who couldn’t stop telling us how much money she made and how she knew and booked all the DJs : “Carl, Sar-sha, John” - luckily we missed her at Resistance the next night.

Best bar: Beachhouse (not really a bar) but we had a really great impromptu Wednesday evening here dancing when Armonica played. Older crowd. Drink prices not totally terrible. Friendly staff. When we arrived my wife almost tried to order drinks from the DJ booth.

Best place to eat: Figueretas- our pals stayed here and we had a nice meal before they left on the Wednesday at El Principe on the front and prices reasonable and quality good for sea view meal. We also had a great meal in Ibiza town at Guillemis which was a cut above standard Tapas if you are looking for something a bit different - also really good service from a waiter who was willing to try a bit harder - maybe a benefit of the island being a little quieter?

Money spent: maybe €3500 all in?

Biggest regret: first night a Pacha I struggled to really get into Solomun (although this is recurring theme but a pal overdid it so we left at about 6am missing what could have been a magical end to the night at Pacha)

Going back?: Yes in two weeks for Solomun Closing

Top tip: don’t want to re-open the debate but I have been using heavy supplement regime whilst out there and it has helped no end with stamina, recovery and general lack of come down etc. (Magnesium Citrate, Vit C, Grapefruit juice, grape seed extract, alpha lipoic acid, Co-Enzyme Q10, melatonin) plus good food / lots of veg / not too much meat. Saved the 5-HTP for when we got home but found this really kicked of the sleep-paralysis so we knocked it on the head.

Saved the 5-HTP for when we got home but found this really kicked of the sleep-paralysis so we knocked it on the head.

I honestly think it's MD that causes sleep paralysis, not 5-htp. I took 5-htp for a few years to try and deal with low level anxiety and I never had any issues with sleep. I just need to look at a pill and I have sleep paralysis a couple of nights later. :lol: Low dose of valium/xanax/etizolam before bed is the cure for sleep paralysis.

I honestly think it's MD that causes sleep paralysis, not 5-htp. I took 5-htp for a few years to try and deal with low level anxiety and I never had any issues with sleep. I just need to look at a pill and I have sleep paralysis a couple of nights later. :lol: Low dose of valium/xanax/etizolam before bed is the cure for sleep paralysis.

You could be right John ... I’ve found 5-htp useful in the past but it does give me mad dreams and I think the combo this time led into sleep paralysis / night terror territory - especially for the wife ... not something we’ve had before ... melatonin was useful for sleep though after the nights out ... never tried any of the proper pharma stuff you mention

Back