Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2018

Dates you were there: Sat 29th Sept - Sat 6th Oct.

Where you stayed: El Hotel Pacha. Nice hotel although its looking a little tired in some areas. Rooms are really nice. Tiny pool that doesn't get much sun. Although you can use the pool and facilities at Destino, we only did this once though. The real bonus from staying here is the guestlist at Pacha, Lio and parties at Destino.

Club nights visited:

Rumors closing @ Destino I have always liked Rumors and we thought it would be a good warm-up for pacha later that night. It was nicely busy and we caught about an hour of DJ Tennis, he warmed things up nicely for Guy Gerber. We left about 11 to go into town to refuel before heading to Pacha.

Solumun +1 @Pacha We got to Pacha in time to hear about an hour of Bicep on the warm-up. They were playing some nice wonky/trippy stuff and went a bit more banging for the last half hour. I haven't heard Solomun for a while and he played a lot harder than I expected. A good crowd not too busy, had a great time. This was my first visit to Pacha since the re-fit and I like the changes. The sound-system is one of the best.

Tini & the gang @ Underground We wanted to eat at Can Pilot in San Rafael so we planned it for Tuesday so we could head to Underground after. In all my years visiting Ibiza somehow I've never made it to Underground before. It's a great little club cracking sound-system, reasonable drink, prices ill be back for sure. Tini wasn't playing and the only one of the DJ's I recognised was Bill Patrick. I don't know who else played and it wasn't the best night musically but we had a good time.

Cocoon Closing @ Pacha Wow what a night! We planned our trip this year around the whole Cocoon closing experience and it definitely didn't disappoint. We arrived just after 1.00 and headed up to the terrace for the spotlight meet up. It was really good to meet a few of you and catch up with @stivi and had a good chat with @soha and @Sesar. It was good to meet you all and the others I spoke to too. We realised it was 2.00 and we hadn't been inside the club so we headed in to catch a bit of Seth Troxler's set. Seth can be a bit hit and miss, but I liked what I heard. I think Seth is better at warm-up sets when he can play a bit weirder. Pacha was already pretty busy but we found a spot up on the balcony looking over the DJ Box where we stayed most of the night. The vibe was spot on and the crowd were 100% up for it and were going for it, I mean really going for it. The whole club dancing hard all night. We had a nice group of Italians near us who were really going for it. We bumped into them at the afters again and had a chat they were from Napoli, nice guys! I know I loved every minute of Sven's set but I couldn't tell you a single track he played. We decided to call it a night at 6.45 we wanted to keep a bit in the tank for the afters. Pacha was still packed when we left.

Cocoon afterparty @ KM5. After some sleep and a omelette sandwich and a cana we headed to KM5. We arrived at about 3.15.
and were surprised to find entry was free. KM5 was already busy. I Think Dana Ruh was playing when we arrived Sven came on shortly before 5.00 I think. I don't really have the words to describe how good this party was. A lot of other spotlighters have reported how good it was and I can only echo what others have said. It was my first time over for closings and my first Cocoon afters and it was by far the best party I have been to in Ibiza for a long time. Everything about it was on point. Great venue, open air, daytime, free entry, great music,reasonable drink prices and a fantastic crowd. We bumped into lots of other spotlighters again too, good to see you all. Both myself and my girlfriend both agreed this party was made even better by meeting some great people. We had a great time chatting with and getting to know @Nono and his wife. It was great to meet you two. And bumped into @Sesar again, have a great winter mate. Also had a quick chat with the Pirate @FallenangelGparsons nice fella. This day has renewed my love of Ibiza, we are already making plans to return next year.

Destino closing. This was our last night and after the fantastic previous night and day it was always gonna be tough for this to compare. We arrived to total chaos on the door, fortunately as we were on the Pacha Hotel guestlist we could enter through the hotel guest entrance and avoided the mess at the door. Once inside Destino was packed, the busiest i've seen it. Solomun and Dixon were playing B2B and Solumun played a lot of the same tunes as the previous Sunday. Maybe because our energy levels were low but I just couldn't get into it and after bumping into @stivi and having a quick chat we called it a night after being here for about 2 hours. Glad we did because we headed into town and met up with @johndiamond and his wife for a quick drink. Good to see you mate. Beers are on me when we see you in Tisno.

Best night: The whole 24hrs of the Cocoon closing and afters!

Worst night: Didn't have a bad night!

Best bar: For cocktails I like Paradise Lost. And all the bars in plaza del Parque, for some reason we always gravitate towards Madagascar.

Best place to eat: Had some great meals, revisited some old favourites like La Bodega. And tried a few new places too. We really liked Sa Cova and Bar 1805 I think the best was the excellent steak at Can Pilot.

Money spent: I haven't even totalled it up yet.

Biggest regret: No Regrets!

Going back?: Definitely

Top tip: If there is a spotlight meet up or other spotlighters are about on the island when you are make time to get to know each other. We met some great people this trip!

Yes, it was real great to meet you and your girlfriend!! We hope it won`t be the last time!

Great review Tucker it was really nice to meet you and your girlfriend! I totally agree with everything about Cocoon it was truly fantastic!

Really enjoyed having a chat with some of you other spotlighters too, @Nono, @soha and @stivi, the meet up was a top idea!

Hope to see you all next year now the party season is over for me.

So right about nights this year and musically it not being the best! The only night I walked out of a club and thought it was amazing was Solomon at pacha... Went afterlife twice, not great, music on fairly good, cocoon closing I did not enjoy it!
I said the same a few pages ago. I wasn’t feeling it musically at all this year. This, the overall state of the PDB and other parts of the island, and the formulaic nature of the club nights left me feeling somewhat despondent.

However, after reading the reviews of those who have been in from mid September to now, I am feeling heartened again. There is hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
dates there 5 to 12 oct

stayed: palladium palmyra, san an.

nice hotel. we had a great view over the bay for sunsets. don't normally package holiday but at £550 each for all inc with flights it was cheaper than diy.

20181006_165930.jpg

club nights:
labrynth at pacha.

busy on dancefloor, but VIP was totally, as far as i saw, empty. musically ok, but no standout tracks or sets. met some nice people in there and had a good dance. however around 4am my wife got groped on dancefloor and was also harrassed by couple of pervy dudes. all that security and 'best clubbing experience' marketing schpiel that pacha give and we end up getting exactly the opposite. shame.

defected at eden.

not my bag musically but mrs had promised someone we'd go to support and she is a fan of the music. busy, young uk crowd up for the big hitting tracks. this night will be popular with the san an youngsters and is what i would call a gateway clubbing experience. only stayed an hour as saw a girl get punched in the jaw by a lad. after that and pacha, neither me or mrs fancied hanging around.

keep on dancing at pikes

brilliant night. don't know who dj'd, or what tracks they played but musically it was a great party. friendly crowd, much less pretentious than i had expected.

after missing the pirate at pacha and eden, it was great to see him here. on the dancefloor double-dropping haribo gummy bears with the captain, the mrs, italian techno bloke, and russian house girl is a memory i will cherish

other activities

ibiza spirit festival.

held at atzaro spa this was a nice little day out. we chilled out on the lawn listening to the gong players while the mass participation yoga was going on.

there was a guy there offering to take me back to my mothers womb. all i had to do was get in the pool and he'd show me some kind of meditation. oh, and i had to give him many €€€€€. somehow i resisted the offer. not sure how authentic the hippies were but everyone seemed happy enough and the setting was beautiful. event was for charity so a win all round i guess.

best beach.

portinatx as always. had a great snack at the beach chiringuito. despite numerous trips to the beach i'd not been to the chiringuito before, but having read so much on here about it from @jimmiz i was not disappointed.

big drama on sunday afternoon when a moored yacht must have lost its anchor
20181007_154448-3.jpg
best bar

great beers and company with @Tucker in madagascar ibiza town. really cheap and a good atmosphere.

best restaurant

wembley arena snack bar san antonio. no frills, good service, honest prices . met the pirate there for coffee. great discussion on music, clubs , ibiza, etc. when conversation turned to our negative dancefloor experiences of the week i also got a demonstration of the pirate death-grip. you don't get that at STK or villa mercedes so wembley takes the crown.

best tip.

go with the flow. travelling in october meant a gamble with weather. it was cold and wet three days of our seven. so we changed our plans. a hike to es vedra viewpoint and a couple of impromptu balcony parties kept the mood up.

money spent. less than i thought i would

going back? i have no plans to right now due to other commitments but i'm sure i will return at some point in the future

no joke, he had wetsuits with him and everything. pretty sure he was in cahoots with the gong guy off the travel man ibiza show. another bargain on sale at the festival was a foam yoga mat which had a special reduced price of €39 for that day only.

again i resisted the urge to splash out as i'd just blown a few quid on some jars of locally produced honey.

no joke, he had wetsuits with him and everything. pretty sure he was in cahoots with the gong guy off the travel man ibiza show. another bargain on sale at the festival was a foam yoga mat which had a special reduced price of €39 for that day only.

again i resisted the urge to splash out as i'd just blown a few quid on some jars of locally produced honey.

Nice review @johndiamond honestly don't know what's up with all the reported tit-grabbing and groping in clubs - like a flashback to 1990s high street music bars. You'd expect better in Pacha, not being prejudiced but dare I ask if there was an Arabian bloke involved ?

Always feel in Ibiza the simple eateries are often the best. Sure you can get fancier food elsewhere and pay a fortune for a location if you want but I always come away feeling something was lacking and I've been taken for a ride - value for money is so hard to find in the pricier joints !!

Festival sounds a hoot. Wonder how many womb adventures he actually sold :lol: I love the Atzaro setting but the service in there is a total joke - probably going to an organized event is the best way to see the place !

Sounds like you enjoyed some great company - makes all the difference to a trip :D

@kimajy
thanks for your feedback.

not sure where these fellas were from but lets just say it is safe to assume definitely from a place equality and general tolerance are less prevalent....the internet means ibiza is attracting punters who wouldnt have bothered in the past, and often these same punters simply have no clue about how to act around women.

agree re the restaurants. the mrs loves skinny kitchen/passion cafe and we made several visits. passion cafe staff totally up their own arses. the san an branch has some kind of an automated payment machine now which will reduce how much staff have to put up with customers in future.. the skinny kitchen much friendlier but on one occassion we waited over an hour for our food as a regular came in with a take away order. our food then came out wrong. accept mistakes happen, but you'll know these places aren't cheap at all, so was disappointing. plus there's not a lot of authentic feel about these places...you could be anywhere.

i didnt see any womb experiences sold! atzarro was worth it just to be chilling in the gardens. watching the white posh trustafarians 'tribal' dancing to the drumming had me wincing....as for the clean shaven hippy guy with full chest wax:rolleyes:

the company did indeed make the trip worthwhile, some unforgettable laugh out lound moments.

@kimajy
agree re the restaurants. the mrs loves skinny kitchen/passion cafe and we made several visits. passion cafe staff totally up their own arses. the san an branch has some kind of an automated payment machine now which will reduce how much staff have to put up with customers in future.. the skinny kitchen much friendlier but on one occassion we waited over an hour for our food as a regular came in with a take away order. our food then came out wrong. accept mistakes happen, but you'll know these places aren't cheap at all, so was disappointing.

I've never tried Passion likely never will from all I've read. I got led to skinny kitchen this last trip for the first time by a friend as I was absolutely starving after going for an early morning run & diving all morning after missing breakfast. Hate wasting all afternoon waiting for a menu and after telling one of the girls we had work to get to, managed to get some attention from the space cadets. But it was still well over half an hour and they were 1/3 full. The protein smoothies were great - had 2 - but I was paying and tbh 60 Euros for a wrap, 3 non-alcoholic drinks and a "buddha bowl" half of which was pickled cabbage and some greens I wouldn't eat because of fear of food poisoning from unwashed stuff (hangover from living in Africa), few bits of steak and a spoonful of noodles worth about 5p I felt absolutely robbed.... and still hungry :mad:.

Could have polished off a baby chicken and a plate of chips far more happily. It's no wonder I lose a load of weight every time I go to Ibiza, not that easy to rock up and be fed proper decent wholesome food away from a traditional chiringuito. Should have just gone to Cala Gracio !

@kimajy

i didnt see any womb experiences sold! atzarro was worth it just to be chilling in the gardens. watching the white posh trustafarians 'tribal' dancing to the drumming had me wincing....as for the clean shaven hippy guy with full chest wax:rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm cringing just thinking about it :lol::lol::lol::lol: but yeah, lovely spot. Fail to see how anyone could possibly have a meaningful meditative session anywhere near those ponds with the ribbiting frogs though - only marginally less annoying than the London financiers strutting round the swimming pool having loud conversations with the office about the latest investment strategies ... or the wedding parties taking over the public areas .... or the [I'll stop now] :lol: :rolleyes:

dates there 5 to 12 oct

stayed: palladium palmyra, san an.

nice hotel. we had a great view over the bay for sunsets. don't normally package holiday but at £550 each for all inc with flights it was cheaper than diy.

View attachment 5840

club nights:
labrynth at pacha.

busy on dancefloor, but VIP was totally, as far as i saw, empty. musically ok, but no standout tracks or sets. met some nice people in there and had a good dance. however around 4am my wife got groped on dancefloor and was also harrassed by couple of pervy dudes. all that security and 'best clubbing experience' marketing schpiel that pacha give and we end up getting exactly the opposite. shame.

defected at eden.

not my bag musically but mrs had promised someone we'd go to support and she is a fan of the music. busy, young uk crowd up for the big hitting tracks. this night will be popular with the san an youngsters and is what i would call a gateway clubbing experience. only stayed an hour as saw a girl get punched in the jaw by a lad. after that and pacha, neither me or mrs fancied hanging around.

keep on dancing at pikes

brilliant night. don't know who dj'd, or what tracks they played but musically it was a great party. friendly crowd, much less pretentious than i had expected.

after missing the pirate at pacha and eden, it was great to see him here. on the dancefloor double-dropping haribo gummy bears with the captain, the mrs, italian techno bloke, and russian house girl is a memory i will cherish

10 11h30pm Mr Doris (ego manumission )
11h30 2h00 richy ahmed +Hector
my netherland bro was dancing with us the guy with large shirt
i didnt know the girl was a russian, lovely little girl , where do y meet her and italian bloke?
the russian girl i met ushuaia closing each year iwas more athlectic and tall, thnaks to her we get nvite to ushuaia appment and drink anything we want and back to club with glass full
Labyrinth, u forgot to go to funky room , the only reason to go to labyrinth on friday night..dj pippy and willie Graf played great funky house with vocal singer, better than glitterbox

I've never tried Passion likely never will from all I've read. I got led to skinny kitchen this last trip for the first time by a friend as I was absolutely starving after going for an early morning run & diving all morning after missing breakfast. Hate wasting all afternoon waiting for a menu and after telling one of the girls we had work to get to, managed to get some attention from the space cadets. But it was still well over half an hour and they were 1/3 full. The protein smoothies were great - had 2 - but I was paying and tbh 60 Euros for a wrap, 3 non-alcoholic drinks and a "buddha bowl" half of which was pickled cabbage and some greens I wouldn't eat because of fear of food poisoning from unwashed stuff (hangover from living in Africa), few bits of steak and a spoonful of noodles worth about 5p I felt absolutely robbed.... and still hungry :mad:.

Could have polished off a baby chicken and a plate of chips far more happily. It's no wonder I lose a load of weight every time I go to Ibiza, not that easy to rock up and be fed proper decent wholesome food away from a traditional chiringuito. Should have just gone to Cala Gracio !

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm cringing just thinking about it :lol::lol::lol::lol: but yeah, lovely spot. Fail to see how anyone could possibly have a meaningful meditative session anywhere near those ponds with the ribbiting frogs though - only marginally less annoying than the London financiers strutting round the swimming pool having loud conversations with the office about the latest investment strategies ... or the wedding parties taking over the public areas .... or the [I'll stop now] :lol: :rolleyes:
Skinny kitchen is a ripp off...keep on speading money guys!!!:D

Dates you were there:Sept 26th Oct 16th

Where you stayed:San an is the answer:Sirena *****,App centra(room to small)l ** Roca *** ,Azuline S anfora **** & fleming, amistat* (1 days to see , may go back just to pick the posters :D), Anibal ***

Club nights visited:
Paradise closing **
Glitterbox closing****
zoo project last 2 second & closing *****

Saga Bedouin closing ***
Dc10 last to second*** & closing ****
heart factory closing ***
Lio ego manumission ****
Afterlife Hi ibz **
Cocoon closing ** & afterparty ***
Labyrinth last to second with Mrillo & closing ***, ***** to funky room Pacha
Ants closing ***
Elrow closing **** J voorn was the mistake of lineup
Blue Marlin Closing ***
Defected closing ****
Hotel pikes Keep on Dancing **** part 2, part 1 i miss it in order to follow girls :spank:
Underground 3 times, Rhadoo was boring * , apollonia ** tini n the gang ***
Melon bomb ****
party on sat ****
solomun closing **; i should go later but end midday as music looks better at the end..3 hour solomun is the max my ears can support as i was in good shape that sunday night, felt asleep for 10min in pacha sofa :D thanks lors no pickpocket :p as they were upon a friend that grab 2 solomun tshirts :cool:
Solomun afterparty ***

Best night:zoo project Closing, the after at Rabbit hole from 11 to 4am

Worst night:the one i lost my sparkling green earplugs or the one one girl convince their firend no tto follow me after spending 5 hours together, Ibz drug paranoia side effect :D after missing keep on Dancing part 1 in order not to let them down :rolleyes:

Best bar:Sa Trinxa

Best place to eat:Cafe Cervantes san An that will be my QG for meetup, no f***ing blablah on socila network, come to eat & le'ts talk about IBZ :cool:

Money spent:less than Summer 18 (go upward ,if curious)

Biggest regret:not going to beach house closing as didnt see notification from friends, or private 50people afterlife party in small villa as friend wanted to sleep from 1 pm to 6pm

Going back?:Closing yes August :?: but peaceful ibz trip focussing on daytime parties than nightime, focusin on HOUSE parties, free parties...

Top tip:follow ur schedule and dont make people delaying u, find a way to meet lot of girls in order not to be solo but...WhIISI ibz

Last edited:
Back