Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2017

We stayed right across the road from you at Central City Apartments on the same dates. The playground was a nightmare, especially when they were running around doing gymnastics when you're trying to get some kip after a night out before.
We're staying in central city apartments this year. Any good?

We stayed right across the road from you at Central City Apartments on the same dates. The playground was a nightmare, especially when they were running around doing gymnastics when you're trying to get some kip after a night out before.

We are looking at Central Apartments or Florencio Hostel and are booking tomorrow for 5 cheapish nights in August. Reviews on both sound pretty good for location and the price. Although a park of screaming kids might be hard work.

I'm there in October so may be quieter then. Really just a place to drop bags and get changed/shower as we tend to stay out all night and sleep during the day on the beach

Tourist wise it will be quieter - so you might not get that flurry of noise when people traipse back when the West End shuts. But a lot of the noise is actually from residents and their children

Can't say I could complain about the residents and their kids making noise in San an....considering what they put up with each summer, I reckon I can let it slide

Touché! Less a grumble about the people making the noise, moreso the design of the hotels which could be improved to eliminate the noise issue.

But decent budget options nevertheless.

Sorry White Isle, wasn't having a go there pal. Just saying I won't be bothered by noise, esp as I'm paying something soft like 25 a night

Nice to hear the accommodation is OK though. Have paid for 'luxury' in the past and been sorely disappointed.as long as the pad is clean and secure I'm happy!

Just got back to work today (needed to chill out after ibiza) i told work colleagues yes going back in oct, they look at me like really or they are like "you must like it then" they just dont get it ha! I told another work colleague, "yeh paid 20 e for my flight in oct" and she is like "ahh thats alright then if u dont go u only spent 20 e" i said " oh i will be going" haha! People just dont get our love an addiction to the white isle! Cant beat it!

Oh i will be living on pasta and cheese on toast for the rest of this mth but it was worth it lol
As promised lived on pasta and rice for this month...roll on payday next week!

Dates you were there: Sat 17th June - Thu 22nd June 2017

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sal Rossa Apartments, Playa d’en Bossa. (Booked via Spotlight back in December with a 15% discount ;))

Club nights visited: Black Coffee @ Hi, Melon Bomb @ Tanit, Abode @ Sankeys, Doorly & Friends @ Pikes & Paradise Opening @ DC10

Best night: Paradise Opening @ DC10. It was our last night, but it was the night I was looking forward to the most. Jamie Jones b2b Martinez Brothers doing an Old School US House Set was literally a wet dream! Arrived about 8pm and it was nicely busy, but soon filled up by 9:30pm and the place was bouncing and the atmosphere was up there with the best I've witnessed. My first experience of the Garden and it didn’t disappoint one bit. Afterwards, we spent most of the night in the Main Room, thought we would have spent most of it on the Terrace but we couldn’t pull ourselves away from Infinity Ink, Waff and Matador. Who were all brilliant.

Worst night: Abode @ Sankeys. Only because I was still hungover and absolutely shattered (even the supplies weren't helping), I’m sure it would have been a cracking night. To be fair, we had been at Bora Bora and Tanit Beach for the majority of the day, so decided to cut our losses after an hour or so and call it a night. o_O

Best bar: Itaca, they do the best Raspberry Mojitos. Tanit Beach was also good, 4 Euro for a Beer and some very nice Hierbas. Spent the majority of Monday afternoon in a Cocktail Bar in Ibiza Town, but the name escapes me.

Best place to eat: Sal Rossa, the food was consistently excellent every day! Also, Café Mambo and S’Antiga Barberia in Ibiza Town were very good.

Money spent: Around £1,000 including flights & accommodation.

Biggest regret: Forgetting I’m 35 and hitting it too hard on the first day and being too tired to enjoy Abode.

Going back?: Yup, late September for a week with the fiancée. Mainly to sort out Wedding stuff for next years big day.

Top tips:
- I’ve mentioned this in previous years, but use the bus if you can. The Ibiza Bus App is very handy, and will save you a fortune in taxi fares.
- Middle/Late June is the best time to go. I've been to Ibiza every month now and can safely say June is my favorite month, closely followed by September.
- If you’re going to Hi, get the 25 Euro Tickets with entry before 2am.
- Just go straight to the toilet when you enter Hi and avoid wasting time in the other 2 rooms. :D

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 13th-20th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mar i vent San Antonio. Great apartments paid 230 for the week newly renovated rooms and a two minute walk to mambos.

Club nights visited: Cream at amnesia, Ants at ushuaia, Wandered into eden at about 4.45am one night haven't a clue what night it was or what was on but music was decent.

Best night: I'm a trance head so cream for me, Orjan Nilsen played a whopper set. 4 hour set from kolsch at ants was unreal as well. Two great nights.

Worst night: Went a bit hard Thursday and Friday and had an anxiety attack on Sunday honestly thought i was going to die (lol) so ended up having the nurse come to the hotel gave me valium and an injection in my arse 20 minutes later was lights out didn't wake till Monday morning. So a whole night wasted and 200e down the drain. Not a nice experience, Lesson learned.

Best bar: Didn't do many but Tropi never disappoints.

Best place to eat: Only ate at KFC and the restaurants along the prom in San an.

Money spent: About 1500 all in

Biggest regret: Not doing more club nights but will rectify that in august

Going back?: Yes in 7 weeks! Was originally down to go to creamfields but the missus had booked Ibiza for the same week so when i got home i said f*** it I'm going back to Ibiza instead of creamfields.

Top tip: Take it easy on the stuff!!!

Nice to hear the accommodation is OK though. Have paid for 'luxury' in the past and been sorely disappointed.as long as the pad is clean and secure I'm happy!

Exactly. Nothing worse than getting fleeced senseless by overpriced wannabe "luxury pads" with appalling service, glitz-trash decor and disrespectful staff jaded by guests throwing money around. Which is most of them most of the time :lol:. Secure = #1 issue Clean = #2. For me having parking is right up there too. Even happy with just a fan if there's no aircon. Anything else is a bonus. More basic places encourage you to get out there and make the most of your trip rather than sitting around your accommodation - you don't feel you have to spend time in it to justify what you just spent !

Dates you were there:
1st - 4th Jul

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Puchet San Antonio

Club nights visited:
House party at pikes
Solomun at pacha

Best night:
Both were excellent but pikes edged it for the music and vibe...

Worst night:
N/a

Best bar:
Plan b - bossa

Best place to eat:
Blue marlin

Money spent:
Enough

Biggest regret:
None this time round

Going back?:
Aye

Top tip:
Keep your eyes peeled for aperol spritz promotion girls - we won three hours on a table/booth 19h - 22h at blue marlin with free drinks and food as well as lift to and from the venue for nada...

Back