Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2016

Dates you were there: 18-25th June

Club nights visited: Sundays at space (Darius Syrossian, Doorly, Derrick Carter (sunset terrace and terraza set) Heidi, Tiga) Rumors (Bob Moses and Gerber) Mosaic (cobblestone jazz, Roman flugel, Maceo Plex).

Best night: Mosaic

Worst night: ???

Best bar: Chill out, Cala tarida.

Best place to eat: Restaurante Plaza del Sol, Dalt Vila (closely followed by Chiringay, es cavallet; sushi at destino)

Biggest regret: warriors. but destino, space then sankeys was just too much for one day.

Going back?: of course

Top tip: Get a car and see some beaches (Cala tarida, Salines, es cavallet, benniras, Cala moli, Cala d Hort were all fantastic, don't bother with portinatx)

i don't agree at all, ive done many Ants parties their first year...
Ants can be fine with house legend Dj such Dj SNEAK otherwise i'm not in.too much boring Tech House :p
PS:to people that whant to enjoyt it Ants is recommanded from beginning to 10.00pm max...& to get old ibz vibes, they have too book famous oldschool House Djs :cool: & not the last decade dj:rolleyes: but these Djs Cesar De Melero, Pippi, Cesar Del Rio Dj Oliver, David Morales ,Alfredo & so on...

I agree with Sneak, he was great last year but then Tapesh and Kolsch played afterwards and it was like this go nowhere tech house sound. Kolsch did break up the sound finally with Royksopp- Sordid Affair (Maceo Plex remix) which sounded awesome in the night sky but by then it was like 11:15 and it was too late. Again, it was really busy and I saw lots of ppl looking mad bored too.

I will still attend in a few weeks becuase I know Nic and Joris will play a mixture of house and tech and I like Ushuaia as a venue

i don't agree at all, ive done many Ants parties their first year...
Ants can be fine with house legend Dj such Dj SNEAK otherwise i'm not in.too much boring Tech House :p
PS:to people that whant to enjoyt it Ants is recommanded from beginning to 10.00pm max...& to get old ibz vibes, they have too book famous oldschool House Djs :cool: & not the last decade dj:rolleyes: but these Djs Cesar De Melero, Pippi, Cesar Del Rio Dj Oliver, David Morales ,Alfredo & so on...
Maybe we were just lucky when we went then, Steve Lawler Nic Fancuilli were both great. And maybe for us the atmosphere was so good as it was the first one of the season and 90% of people in there got in free! I felt there was a real excitement in the air...maybe once the season kicks off properly and you get a more touristy crowd, you might lose a bit of that. Anyway, can't please everyone I guess...

Dates you were there:
19/6 - 23/6

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Sal Rossa 3 nights, Tropicana suites 1 night

Club nights visited:
Solomun, retro, Carl cox, dance 88/89

Best night:
Solomun closely followed by dance 88/89

Worst night:
Retro, pre-party was great, Es paradis was quiet

Best bar:
Didn't do many tbh

Best place to eat:
Bella Napoli pdb

Money spent:
Too much (incl missed flight and another nights accom)

Biggest regret:
Hitting it too hard day in day out

Going back?:
In 2 weeks with the wife

Top tip:
Be prepared for whoppers with man bags and top knots everywhere, particularly sankeys

Dates you were there:
26th June - 7th July

San An/Gran Sol

Club nights visited:
None - there with family

Best night:
Claptone at Mambo on the Tuesday was good

Worst night:
None really - had a few quiet nights chilling after long days at the pool

Best bar:
Hard to pick, enjoyed the Jamaican Bar (can't remember the name), watched the Euros a couple of nights in there.

Best place to eat:
Small restaurant on the Cala Gracio we visited. Fish was excellent. Nice wine selection too.

Generally ate at the hotel but tried Kasbah again (after several dismal reviews) - pleasantly surprised actually. Good service too.

Money spent:
About €1000

Biggest regret:
Playing tennis at 4pm. Only kidding no real regrets. Only disappointment was poor view from the balcony. We were on the first floor so not a great view.

Going back?:
In 3 weeks with friends

Top tip:
Gran Sol was an excellent hotel. Good pool area, decent bar staff etc. Fridge in room was very handy. Would recommend. Going back there in a few weeks.

Other notes:

I thought the bouncers at Mambo and the Sunset strip were much less intense and a bit more laid back this year. Not sure if there have been complaints in the past that have forced a change in this behaviour.

Dates you were there:
9th July - 16th July

Hotel Migjorn Ibiza. Playa Den Bossa. Excellent hotel, highly recommend it.

Club nights visited:
Sundays at Space
Carl Cox The Final Chapter @ Space
Santos 4th Anniversary @ Santos
Mosaic by Maceo Open Air @ Destino
Glitterbox @ Space
(I know, Space 3 times in one week! crazy)

Best night:
Has to be Carl Cox The Final Chapter, we got there about 1am it was pretty busy already I think because Carl had done an early set on the sunset terrace which we missed. Francois K was warming up the terraza and after a wonder around the club we settled their for a while. We stayed there until Danny Tenaglia came on and he was excellent. By this point Space was packed out, I think it was capacity, doors closed. We headed into the discoteca it was full to the back, so we snuck down the right hand side along the wall and found a fair bit of space down by the bar in the right hand corner, plenty of room to dance! Carl was Carl you know what your gonna get. He banged it out with loads of energy. It was great to see one last time.

Sundays at Space was also a quality night. Obviously not as busy as Tuesday but nicely busy. Checked out Darius Syrossian in the discoteca he was playing generic tech house to a flat room. The night was saved by John Digweed on the terraza it was the first time I had heard him play for years and he was on great form. The bonus to this night was meeting Stivi, if you are on the island when Spotlight takeover EL Salon I suggest you go and say hi, top bloke! It was great to meet you Stivi.

Santos Anniversary was a nice little party, but a little quiet. We were staying next door so we popped in for a bit in the early evening DJ Pippi played a nice set. We also went back a little later and Michel Cleis was playing some quality house. We had to leave before David Morales played unfortunately.

Mosaic @ Destino was also good, Its a great venue, with a good crowd. We arrived at the end of Pachanga Boys set it was still Sunny and they were playing some nice tunes. Micheal Mayer then played a great set warming things up for Maceo Plex. Maceo started good but went a little dark towards the end of his set. The last hour was a B2B2B2B with Maceo, Pachanga Boys and Michael Mayer all getting involved.

Glitterbox. Its the GF's favourite night so a promise of a visit here keeps her happy. We had a great time here. What's not to like? Good quality disco and house played to an up for it crowd. Great fun. Also another chance to have a chat with Stivi. Thanks for the shots ;)

Worst night:
I couldn't say any night was bad.

Best bar:
I don't think I could pick one in particular. Had a few nights down the port in Ibiza town but all the bars are much of a muchness.

Best place to eat:
The best meal we had in Playa Den Bossa was definitely at Sir Rocco.
In Ibiza Town we had an excellent meal in La Dispensa inside Dalt Vila

Money spent:
I haven't added it all up yet.

Biggest regret:
Not staying for longer.

Going back?:
Of Course!

Top tip:
Now I've reached 40 I know I can't do 7 all-nighters in a row so we spread the partying nights out nicely across the week. Daytime parties like at Destino help with this. The rest of the days/nights we headed out in the car, we made it to some great beaches like Salinas, Benirras, Sa Caleta and Agua Blancas. And had some great meals in Ibiza town. I really would recommend taking time to enjoy all the other things Ibiza has to offer besides the clubs.

Best night:
Has to be Carl Cox The Final Chapter, we got there about 1am it was pretty busy already I think because Carl had done an early set on the sunset terrace which we missed. Francois K was warming up the terraza and after a wonder around the club we settled their for a while. We stayed there until Danny Tenaglia came on and he was excellent. By this point Space was packed out, I think it was capacity, doors closed. We headed into the discoteca it was full to the back, so we snuck down the right hand side along the wall and found a fair bit of space down by the bar in the right hand corner, plenty of room to dance! Carl was Carl you know what your gonna get. He banged it out with loads of energy. It was great to see one last time.

Haha! I was there the same night and we mojo down the right hand side as well since you can get into the front of the dance floor easier & space around & can see the DJ's.

Defo rammed it was then the weaklings died off so even more space!

Dates you were there:
(9th Cocoon in the Park) 10th July - 14th July (However extended the stay till the early morning of the 16th)

Orvay Apartments

Club nights visited:
Solomun - Pacha
CircoLoco – DC10
Carl Cox - Space
Paradise – DC10
West End
Hot Since 82 - Pacha

Best night:
Tough one as I enjoyed them all even the 1 session on the West End :p.

I might have to give it to Carl Cox….

Worst night:
Enjoyed them all except the morning after West End, felt horrendous all day! I didn’t nearly make it to HS82 & that was one of the reason why we extended the stay aha!

Best bar:
I enjoyed them all, each had their own vibe - Bora Bora, Revs, Tropi, WhiteChina, Sportsbar, Café Mambo, Jet etc

Best place to eat:
Mainly ate at the apartments restaurant, decently priced & enjoyed all the dishes I got.

Money spent:
Originally £192 for flights & hotel + 900 euros spend (£786.03) = £978
The extended stay - £155 for new flights & spending only
Total = £1133

Biggest regret:
Not attending to an after party that we got invited to :(.
Or making it till closing time for Solomun & HS82.

Going back?:
Oh yes oh yes! Got to get my 10th visit badge :) 3 to go!

Top tip:
Watch your pockets for sure. A group of girls that we got along with had one their iPhone stolen from the West End when the dirty pleb tried the close up dance trick.

Dates you were there: 4th July - 11th July 2016

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Florencio - San Antonio

Club nights visited: Connect @ Es Paradis & Cream @ Amnesia

Best night: Connect played banging tunes from start to finish was just a shame the place weren't a little busier. Soundest people ever in there though and great fun.

Worst night: Cream, not that I disliked it. Armin really wasn't my thing. JOC/Aly & Fila & Kirkwood all played belting sets. Just full of idiots who couldn't handle their drugs that ruined this one a little for me. I know it's to be expected but what happened to going out for a laugh, for the music and just to have a good time. I feel old saying this and I'm only 22!

Best bar: Tropi!!! No bar will ever come close to Tropi for me. We having a drink in there when all of a sudden Menno De Jong turned up and jumped on the decks. Was pretty special and really intimate. Love that place.

Best place to eat: going to sound a bit daft bt the pittas in the Ibiza Rocks Bar are lovely. Decent for lining the stomach and cheap to.

Money spent: 600 euros

Biggest regret: not doing Elrow or visiting Sa Trinxa

Going back?: of course, hopefully next year for my 5th visit.

Top tip: Avoid the west end unless it's for Tropi

apartments laura san an
place was a dump in me eyes and full of the type on their first lads holiday making loads of noise all night which reduced my sleep which really effected my holiday. I must admit though the place is ran by a spanish family which were great and had a laugh with you. Place needs some investment. Be warned if you stay here it is impossible to find took me 2 hours on the first night no sign or nothing the entrance is basically a bar haha.

Club nights visited:
Saturday elrow: I had been awake for 24 hours by time we hit elrow and felt pretty good and can remember walking around the club amazed at the set up. Found our selves perched in front of eats everything which played a good set as we waited until the main room went off. I can remember taking a 1 pill (not advised) then my night was over ended up leaving the club and went to bed feeling ill. The next day I was gutted and a kind scottish guy pointed out he was with me in the medical tent in space and had took the same as me. Hats off to that team they do an amazing job. Lesson learnt drugs have risk and my relationship with any form of pills are now over.

Sunday: I felt remarkably well from the previous night but as I got ready to attend sankeys the lack of sleep due to the noisy hotel hit me and I decided to have a early night to prepare my self for the 5 nights we had left. My friend went to warriors and he said the groove armada dj blew him away.

Monday circo loco: We had biggest this up just to see what kind of set disclosure would play so we tactically headed down just in time and got a space on terrace knowing the masses of the brit crowd would pile in. We caught the end of kerri chandler which musically was amazing and as the crowds began to fill disclosure came on and dropped some what I would say some unexpected tracks from them which was pretty cool I danced my socks off. As the place filled up we decided to leave while we could and headed back to the west end at about midnight to meet some workers for a boozy night which we finished off at hush and a workers apartment afters:rolleyes:.

Tuesday Carl Cox: Most of the group headed to hardwell whilst me and my close friend headed over bora to prepare for cox as it was only me and him wanting to witness the final revolution :confused:. After finishing a cheap bottle vodka we headed to an old school friends apartment in PDB for a few drinks before we headed up to space with her 2 friends dressed in bikinis. Yes bikinis I was amazed :). As we entered space morillo was going off and main room was unbearable so we explored the terrace got a spot and the back and watched Danny T drop some real classics to which we all loved. I must say I love space terrace has to be the best club room I've ever been to it just has something special about it. At about 4 we hit the main room and I was surprised at how room it was towards the dance floor where we got a good spot close to the and right near an ice cannon:cool:. I was pretty mashed by now but I can remember cox dropping a patrick topping tune and deetron - photon which I think has to be one of my all time favorite tracks really reminds me of space. This hands down was the best clubbing experience of my life gutted I am just a "youngen" in comparison to some ibiza veterans I have really missed a lot over the years. As I left space I over heard someone say to his mate " yeah mate his last season, end of an era am so glad to be part of it" I turned to him shook his hand and said f*** yes your spot on with that.

Wednesday Paradise: With only me and my close friend in good nick to face a club we again headed to bora for the usual pre drink bottle of vodka in which we met a hippy dancing his socks off. He proceeded to pull what I can only describe as a carrier bag size of white powder from his pocket and continued to dance ONLY IN IBIZA would you see this hahaha. We got to dc10 about 1 and listened to capriarti in the terrace for a while but due to business we kept taking garden breaks and talking to randomers every 30 mins before we hit the main room about 2. Claude von stroke was going off very good musically couldn't name a track but I do remember him double beating a number of times maybe the cdj had a problem or he was pisssed? Anyways we danced on and the main room actually was amazing for room and very cool. EE came on followed by richy ahmed. Richy being local to us we really showed our support and watched all their b2b set which was sensational I never wanted to leave. EE dropped Phil weeks - inside that counts (ee edit) which was the track of the holiday for us was amazed by it! EE just recently posted a video on his FB check it out :twisted:

Thursday & Friday: These were relaxing days of mambos and hitting some bars. Each year it gets harder and harder a week certainly is a challenge in ibiza not a holiday :(:(

Best night: cox by a mile I will never forget this for the rest of my life

Worst night: elrow simply because of my own stupidity this potentially could of been the best night but It got ruined. My friends said they had time of their lives so don't let this put u off just be safe with drugs.

Best bar: even though I've never bought a drink from bora bora its my favorite bar how ever I did notice it less busy this year.

Best place to eat: sa clau Chinese above the fountain in san an we traditionally go here every visit on our last night place never fails.

Money spent: £1700 including spends

Biggest regret: Missing warriors and Spending sunday night in bed because of lack of sleep. Lesson learnt always book a hotel that you can actually sleep in you really need this to party harder.

Going back?: I wish I've been looking at holidays every day since I got back but I promised the MRS I would save some ££ this year for a house. Apparently 7 trips in 3 years is too much I say not :evil:;);)

Top tip: Sleep every day when possible even if its a few hours. Take a day off if you feel done it it can really improve your holiday especially if your on the island a week.

Good review, pitty about your Saturday night. Were the pills that made you ill called '1'? Just good to know what to avoid. Remember reading elsewhere about a very strong batch doing the rounds and causing havoc!

Nar mate breitling my mate had 6 tho he was sound so weird maybe lack of sleep took over? MD pretty safer in my opinion can control dosage

Back