Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2011

Dates you were there - 21st - 28th September

Where you stayed - S'Anfora, San Antonio

Club nights visited - Cream, Defected, We Love Sundays, Circo Loco

Best Night - Defected (by far, although DC10 was good too)

Worst Night (out of above 4)- We Love Sundays, absolutely rammed & couldn't enjoy it

Worst Night (other) - Friday night sitting in the hotel because that's what my mate wanted to do? Also first night there at the West End, horrible!

Best Bar - Didn't get to many believe it or not, tea and cocktails at Savannah was nice though

Money Spent - about 900 Euros

Biggest Regret - Not going to Mambos for the sunset!

Going Back - September 2012

Top Tip - Buy a fan for dancing all night, best 4 euros I spent!

Dates you were there: 9th September - 17th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Poseidon1, Figueretas

Club nights visited: Pete Tong @ Pacha,We Love @ Space, Monday's Calling (Roger Sanchez) @ Space, Carl Cox @ Space, Erick Morillo @ Pacha, Cream @ Amnesia

Best night: Its a tough one to call so many good nights, but its between Carl Cox @ Space and We Love @ Space

Worst night: Night after Zoo project in the West End! We ended up in play2, the less said about that the better!

Best bar: Cant really think of any good enough to mention lol

Best place to eat: For me it had to be Ibiza Rocks Bar, The breakfast burger there was delicious!

Money spent: Around £1200!

Biggest regret: Staying in Figueretas, Ok hotel but was 30mins from Bora Bora! And using my card to pay for everything i got stung with charges!

Going back?: More than likely!

Top tip: Use the buses if your going to/from playa d'en bossa to San Antonion, once you get the hang of it its easy! (Took us about 20minutes to find the right bus stop in ibiza town lol)

Dates you were there: 16th September - 23th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Costa sur (san An Bay)

Club nights visited: Matinee @ Amnesia, Fabulush @ Es Paradise, La Troya @ Amnesia

Best night: Would have to say matinee it was La Leche that night.

Worst night: Would have to say Fabulush @ Es Paradise, 1st time in the club an have to say thought the club looked great, music was good just what i was expecting, but it was very quiet we went to the closing, and it was full of runken fools

Best bar: hard to say a few in ibiza town around the street of virgins

Best place to eat: went all in so didnt eat out really

Money spent: Maybe £1000

Biggest regret: Not getting tickets for shm before going wasnt about to pay 70 to get in, and not getting over to den bosa stayed in the bay for the 1st time and it was all just a little to much effort

Going back?: yes

Top tip: If staying in the bay use the ferry so cheap and runs every 30 mins, we also found that we were able to get most tickets a lot cheaper than on internet, only really the pacha nights were cheaper online.

Dates you were there: September 20 - October 5

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bon Sol Apartments in PDB

Club nights visited: Carl Cox closing, Es Vive w/ spotlight's own DJ Chewie, Carl cox at Sands, Ushuaia, Villa party in the middle of nowhere, We love Closing, DC10, Cocoon closing, Cocoon after party at la Plage, Amnesia Closing, Matinee after party at La Plage, Dc10 closing, final closing party at Sands ( is this a club night???)

Best night: Hard to pick! There were nights were I really really enjoyed certain parts of it.. Joris Voorn at We love, all of Amnesia closing, the last 3- 4 hours of DC10 closing

Worst night: None... maybe just the night or two when I was sick

Best bar: Didn't do many bars

Best place to eat: probably Cala mastella Restaurant... el Bigote ( thanks for organising Morbyd!)

Money spent: HA! I don't know

Biggest regret: Going out Saturday night, not getting any sleep Sunday day, going to We love, not getting any sleep during the day, going toDc10, then Cocoon closing until noon, not really sleeping and then cocoon after... it Made me sick and had to drop out the next few days. Not sure why going from Saturday until Tuesday with no sleep would make me ill! :lol:

Going back?: Yes!

Top tip: Get some sleep between parties!!

Dates you were there: September 29 - October 5

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): playa den bossa hotel garbi

Club nights visited: keakuma closing,ushuaia closing,amnesia closing,space closing,dc 10 closing, circoloco@sands after party
Best night: dc 10 closing was the most amazing.garden stop music at 2 a.m. totally full

Worst night: nothing...maybe space closing for not to be very full as always in his closing fiesta.armin van burren was super

Best bar: Didn't do many bars

Money spent: better don't think to this...

Biggest regret: going to dc 10 closing in early afternoon.i arrive at 3 p.m. nothing queue,nothing stress,dancing in the sun.

Going back?: of course

Top tip: buy a fan for go to party

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there - October 8th to 15th

Where you stayed - Hawaii Hotel, San Antonio

Clubs nights visited - Only the kid's club

Best night - Every night watching my daughter do the crazy dances at the kid's club

Worst night - None!

Best bar - Tulp

Money spent - £900 for flights, all-inclusive and spending money for three of us. That wouldn't stretch very far usually

Biggest regret - Missing the Reptile Show last night, I am a lizard geek

Going back - Just booked June 12th for a week, plan on going 4 times in 2012

Top tip - Take your partner to the island if they have never been, they may just fall in love with it (mine did and got me to book the return trip today)

Dates you were there: 8/9 - 13/9

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Playa D'en Bossa / Algarb

Club nights visited: We Love...

Best night: See above

Worst night: Flying home past Es Vedra as the sun was setting... :(

Best bar: Mambo as usual. You can't beat watching the sunset there with a few beers - sets you up for the long night ahead..

Best place to eat: Passion PDB - not the cheapest but the food is great.

Money spent: ?

Biggest regret: Not going to Salinas.

Going back?: San An calling...

Top tip: If you want a lot less hassle from PR and Lookies then go in September. July was a nightmare in comparison.

You can find a more comprehensive review in my signature..but here's the quickie!

Dates you were there: June 23rd-July6th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Don Quijote Hotel in Figueretas, and Can Jurat Hostal in San Antonio. Both cheap places...only spent time there to sleep for four hours a day.

Club nights visited:
Space
Ministry of Sound Party
Cafe Ole
Monday's Calling!
Be Opening Party
Pacha
F*** Me I'm Famous
Masquerade Motel
Es Paradis
Fiesta del Agua
Fiesta del Agua - Carnival Edition
Amnesia
Espuma Foam Party

Best night:All of the club night's this year were great except for Cafe Ole, but I will go with Be @ Space. SHM @ Pacha and Monday's Calling with Mark Knight are a close second.

Worst night: Cafe Ole, got in for free...but would never pay to go again.

Best bar: Hed Kandi bar had the hottest girl I saw on the trip bartending...so that wins.

Best place to eat: Only place I spent more than 10e on a meal was Savannah...it was very good!

Money spent: All this is in US Dollars remember...Roughly $1200 roundtrip for flights, $1600 for clubbing, food, hotel and all expenses

Biggest regret: Missing the Zoo Project

Going back?:Hopefully working next summer on the isle!

Top tips: Ranchitos Tequila is cheap bottled tequila you can find in the grocery stores...its amazing. I drank it probably 12 out of the 15 days I was on the island and never got tired of it! Go to Benirras on Sunday nights for the best hippie party on the beach! Rent an ATV and explore the entire island. Dont sleep too much, power through it.

Moment of the trip: Mark Knight playing Jack's House vocals and having us all sit down together in Space.

Dates you were there: June 5th to 10th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bora Bora Apartments, Playa d'en Bossa

Room was very nice and spacy. Little noisy, but that wasn't a giant problem for me! Space just few hundred meters away, Bora Bora beach area just behind the corner.. Excellent location!!

Club nights visited:
- Sun: Judgement Sunday Opening Party @Eden (support: Cosmic Gate)
- Tue: WYS @Space
- Wed: Subliminal @Pacha (support: Basement Jaxx)
- Thu: Kehakuma @Space
- Fri: Thank Fu*K Its Friday with John Dahlback @Sankeys

Best night: Very hard to decide.. It must be Judgement Sunday or Thank F*ck , both new experiences for me and the music was just perfect. Kehakuma was excellent too, i liked the housy ungerground sound.

Worst night: I can't say worst, but not so perfect: Subliminal @Pacha .. Sad to say, but it just never boost my dancing nerves. Maybe I was just too tired..

Best bar: Bora Bora beach bar :)

Money spent: ~1000€ (flights 350€, accomodation 220€, party tickets 130€, everything else 300€)

Biggest regret: Missing the Tiesto, slept over the Monday night...

Going back?: Sure: June 10th to 16th 2012! :)

Top tip: 1) Rent a bike (I got mine ~20€/2 days), at daytimes very nice way to discover the island. 2) Use disco bus (very handy).

Dates you were there:
2nd - 14th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):

Hotel Arlanza Playa Den Bossa

Club nights visited:
We Love - Space

Tonight Closing - Amnesia
Carnival - Sankys
Vagabondos - Ushuaia
Kehakuma - Space
Noahs Arc/Zoo Project/SNP - Boat/Gala Nights/Privilege
We Love - Space (again)
Circo Loco - DC10
Cocoon - Amnesia

Best Night:

Cocoon - Amnesia, Loco Dice was amazing!

Worst Night:

None really, did have one or 2 quieter evening just in Bora Bora

Best Bar:

Bora Bora - changed so much, but still great in the day time

Best Place to Eat:

Cafe Magic, little place round the corner from our hotel in PDB, nice food, and good prices

Money Spent:

1300 including flights and hotels

Biggest Regret:

Missing Circo Loco pn our first Monday, feeling ill at Ushuaia/Kehakuma, not making it to Beniaras for sunset and hippys playing bongos!

Going Back?:
Hell yeah

Top Tip:

Take a bottle of water in your pocket into the clubs, if they find it you lose it, if they dont - you just saved yourself 10 euros!

Dates you were there: Aug 10th-17th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Kanya apartments, we had 3 apartments on one floor for mixed group, amazing location awesome apartments!

Club nights visited: subliminal at Pacha, Ushuaia Friday, zoo project and we love Tuesday went to an 80s bar in west end very unibiza but amazing night

Best night: Ushuaia was amazing first time there but has to be Murillo and basement jaxx at Pacha first night followed my party in our apartments

Worst night: Monday night curry and bed but still with friends

Best bar: went to hed Kandi quite a lot but probably enjoyed drinks at our apartments overlooking the sea

Best place to eat: kasbah

Money spent: roughly 1000 plus flights and accom

Biggest regret: not sleeping Friday and attempting zoo project I was like living dead thank god for sun glasses and being saved by a fellow bristolian. Missing dc10 AGAIN I will make it this yr

Going back?: oh good god yes

Top tip: don't over plan

Dates you were there: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 to Tue, 4 Oct 2011

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Garbi, Playa d'en Bossa

Not a bad hotel at all was safe and staff were friendly.. Excellent location!! Found the people around the pool every day to be a little ****y and poserish.

Club nights visited:
Circo Loco Monday 19th,Carl Cox Closing Party ,Cream Closing Party ,We Love Closing Party, Swedish House Mafia closing,F*** Me I'm Famous closing,Amnesia Closing Party ,Space Closing Party ,Circo Loco Closing,Sasha 'Never Say Never' Closing Party .

Best night: Tough question because i went to various different style of parties . Circo Loco closing was probably my favourite day followed by Carl Cox closing and SHM for the atmosphere and sing along cheese factor.

Worst night: Missus wanted to go to see Guetta , it was rammed and the music was ****. Was sorta in the middle of the trip so was pretty tired and forced myself to go to it. Afrojack was much better and had the crowd rocking.

Best bar: I liked Mambo

Money spent: Aud- 1300 flights return, $ 2000-2500 on tickets and Ibiza and i cant remember on the hotel but it was pretty pricey.

Biggest regret: I think we got caught up in going out and recovering from said nights that we didn't allocate enough time to see more of the island.

Going back?: September 17th to October 2nd 2012! :)

Top tip: Find supermarkets more aimed at locals ( might be off beaten track a little) but are much cheaper. Also don't panic about everything being hugely overpriced because if you are smart it wont matter.

Back