Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2011

Dates you were there: 30th August to 7th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hostal Roca (San An) and La Noria (PDB)

Club nights visited: Carl Cox Revolution @ Space, Monza @ Sankeys, Zoo Project, SNP @ Privilege, We Love Sundays @ Space, Cocoon @ Amnesia

Best night: Tough one, but Monza was brilliant, as was Carl Cox and Cocoon.

Worst night: SNP @ Privilege, boring, tame music, no atmosphere and a waste of time, should have gone to Underground.

Best bar: Itica in San An and Sands in PDB.

Money spent: Accommodation San An 68 euros (2 nights), Accommodation PDB 358 Euros 6 nights, Flights about 180 euro pp, Club Tix 140 euro pp, Drinks/Taxis/Food= Yet to confirm

Biggest regret: Eating in Sissis Asador, PDB, utter crap. Not going to Underground instead of SNP on Saturday.

Going back?: 2nd of October until 5th October 2011 8)

Top tip: Drink on the beach to save money. Buy tickets when you get there. Get the disco bus, saves so much money. Spend a couple of nights in both San An and PDB... Makes the most of both sides. (sorry, thats more than one top tip).

Dates you were there: September 1 - September 8 with three other mates.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Rita, San Antonio. Famous for its 1 euro breakfasts.

Club nights visited: Above & Beyond and Sander van Doorn @ Cream, Amnesia, It's all gone Pete Tong @ Pacha, the Zoo Project, Full on Ferry @ Sankeys and Tiesto @ Ushuaia.

Best night: All of the club night's this year were out of this world, very difficult to choose between them. But at a push I'd say the Zoo Project because it was the first time I'd been and, despite its growing popularity, it has still retained a definite underground feel to it together with some of the best minimal techno I've heard. The Seal Pit is a sight to behold, absolutely unreal!

Worst night: The Sunday day/night as my mate and I were really ill/hungover after necking pints of double vodka redbull up the West End untill 6am - my own fault entirely, but it has got to be done:)

Best bar: There are loads which could go here but for me the two which stand out are the famous Bora Bora Beach Bar, which was absolutely buzzing this summer, and Bar Tropi up the West End which bangs out hard trance throughout the night, beautiful.

Best place to eat: The Peppercorn Chicken at Kanya Beach Bar is becoming a yearly tradition now. For 12.50 euro you get a big chunk of chicken, sauce, chips and lots of salad. Highly recommended!

Money spent: About £800 but that's not including the flight money or one of the club tickets which we bought in advance. Probably nearing £1000 all in.

Biggest regret: Coming home? That's the obvious one! I'm so gutted it's unreal right now! In terms of the holiday, my biggest regret is still not getting to DC10 although there is always next year;)

Going back?: Of course, Ibiza 2012 should hopefully involve two trips (lottery win pending)

Top tips: Buy club tickets in advance, definitely, if you know what events you plan to do. I paid 55 euro for my Zoo Project ticket and could have paid 30 euro online in advance. Also, if you plan to get completely wasted (so much so that you make yourself ill) like I did on the Sunday then it's better to pay a bit more for a room with air-con. Lying in a sweltering room with a little fan buzzing round just made me feel ten times worse!

Additional comment: This was my fourth Ibiza summer in a row and is it just me, or has 2011 really seemed to up its game? The whole island seemed busier, louder and more banging. Especially for September - and the weather was far hotter too.

Moment of the trip: When Above & Beyond dropped Sun and Moon @ Cream, Amnesia on the first night I could have died and gone to heaven. Just thinking about it gives me the shivers all over!

Dates you were there: 02/09/11- 09/09/11

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): SAL ROSSA APTS, PLAYA DEN BOSSA

Club nights visited: PANDEMONIUM, BE, WE LUV, CAFE OLE

Best night:BE

Worst night: GOING TO SAN ANTONIO

Best bar: COCOS BAR PLAYA DEN BOSSA

Best place to eat: SISSI RESTAURANT, AMAZING STEAK!!!!

Money spent: £850

Biggest regret: NOT DOING CIRCO LOCO AS WAS TOO ILL.

Going back?: OF COURSE ILL BE BACK FOR ROUND 8 NEXT YEAR

Top tip: 1 WEEKS NOT ENOUGH, YOU END UP TRYING TO CRAM IT ALL IN AND FEEL LIKE **** MOST DAYS, 2 WEEKS OR 10 DAYS , CLUBBING ONE NIGHT, STAY IN ONE NIGHT.

Dates you were there: 27 August to 08 September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):

Fiesta Hotel Playa d'en Bossa
Marvell Complex San An Bay
Paradise Beach Portinatx
Sol Ibiza Santa Eulalia 8)

Club nights visited: We Love @ Space, Circoloco @ DC10, Release Yourself @ Space, Swedish House Mafia @ Ushuaia

Best night: Musically Circoloco @ DC10, Atmosphere Swedes @ Ushuaia

Worst night: We Love @ Space - where has the magic gone :?: I had a good time but its just not like how it used to be :rolleyes:

Best bar: Sandys Bar in Santa Eulalia

Best place to eat:

Rincon de Pepe (San Antonio) for Tapas
La Torre (Cap Negret) for stunning sunset views and charming service
El Puerto (Portinatx) for good quality and resonable priced seafood
Royalty (Santa Eulalia) for both tapas and good quality meals

Money spent: €2300 (excluding flights, hotels and carhire)

Biggest regret: None - just wished I could stay longer

Going back?: Absolutely, not sure when though :?: Its about more than just clubbing for me now.

Top tip: Don't but your club tickets until the last minute, there are a lot of freebies to be had. Also reccommend a multi resort trip like mine. Makes your holiday feel much longer.

Dates you were there: 3rd Sept - 10th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Ebano in PDB (quality hotel, best value for money in PDB)

Club nights visited: Tonight Closing @ Amnesia, many other messy days at Bora Bora

Best night: Tonight @ Amnesia

Worst night: Last night of holiday

Best bar: Predictable but Bora Bora, best I've seen it for a couple of years...the Sunday was really packed by 5pm and had a great atmosphere

Best place to eat: Fantastic restuarant at top of dalt Villa (cant remember name), amazing views, managed to get table for 10 which was a touch...there for 3 hours and had a great food and service

Money spent: About £700 in 6 days

Biggest regret: Not getting a car or doing Formentera...but the best intentions always seem to go out of the window in Ibiza!

Going back?: Probably for the 11th time next year...can't decide whether to do a mad 3 or 4 days where you dont stop and have your comedown at home, or do 2 weeks and stay somewhere more chilled, just dipping in and out of the clubbing 2 or 3 times. A mate is also talking of having his stag do out there next year...:)

Top tip: Go to Salinas and spend the day there. Really nice atmosphere outside Sa Trincha with cool music and plenty of sights to see on the beach! Also, you get some blinding club promos with cheap wristbands etc. We got into Amnesia for 15e (girls) and 30e (boys). Incredible deal considering it was the closing party and was totally rammed

Dates you were there: Tue 6th to Tue 13th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Arlanza Apts - PDB

Club nights visited: Tonight @ Amnesia, Cadenza @ Ushuaia then Kekahuma @ Space, We Love @ Space, DC10 then Cocoon @ Amnesia

Best night: tough tough call - maybe We Love cos it was an unexpected surprise as we didn't intend going, but all the nights were class for differing reasons - Troxler at Space on the Thursday was off the scale superb

Worst night: Tonight @ Amnesia - poor programming of sets and musically not as strong as the other nights

Best bar: not many bars really this year - Tantra was the general meeting point and was as decent as ever.

Money spent: a lot

Biggest regret: nothing at all

Going back?: Next Summer!

Top tip: Aura restaurant was fabulous. a lovely location and amazing food and service.

Dates you were there: 1st - 15th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): week 1 = villa in san jose / sa carroca , week 2 = apartment in Cala Tarida

Club nights visited: Monza x1 , Pandemonium x2 , WLS x1 , Circo Loco x2 , Underground x1 , Cocoon x2

Best night: probs the 1st circo loco

Worst night: tuesday after the best circo loco

Best bar: A little moroccan style lounge bar on the cliff in Cala Tarida

Money spent: Think around the £1200 mark but hopefuly less

Biggest regret: leaving cocoon abit early both times for no real reason

Going back?: duh

Top tip: Hire a car , explore , you can have an amazing holiday without hardly going near pdb etc . Drink lots of water and watch the sun it caught me out a couple times

Dates you were there: 31/08 - 14/09

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Don Toni PDB

Club nights visited: Be@ Space x2, KehaKuma Space, Cafe Ole Space, Carl Cox Revolution Space x2, Sankeys (no idea what night), Tiesto closing Privilege.

Best night: It would have been Be@ Space the first night, but Kevin Saunderson stole the show (Carl Cox Revolution night). EPIC music + that sound system = win!

Worst night: There was no bad night

Best bar: Zanzibar

Money spent: 4k

Biggest regret: Missing DC10 this time for Circo Loco. Last time we went it was so packed we could barely move let alone dance ("if you didn't come here to dance, what the **** did you come here for!"). Still, that's a regret.

Going back?: aye

Top tip: Go to Passion in PDB for your food and drinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: 17th Sept till 24th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Marvell Complex, San An Bay

Club nights visited: We love, Circo loco and Subliminal

Best night: We Love and Circo loco were superb as always... Circo Loco maybe edges it due to the music

Worst night: Subliminal - the missus's night and im not a big fan of Morillo anyway but he was slash!!!...Da Housecat was quite good beforehand right enough

Best bar: enjoyed every bar i went in...Bay Bar, Buddha Bar, bora bora ...

Money spent: unsure.... we were all inclusive but did eat and drink out alot...

Biggest regret: Not hireing a car AGAIN...

Going back?: said for the last 5/6 years it would be my last... but ill defo be back for more :)

Top tip: Get buses when you can to clubs, other side of island etc ...we spent about a 3rd of our money on taxi's AGAIN ..:(

Dates you were there: 13th Sept till 22nd Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): 2 nights @ Hotel Cenit in Ibiza Town, nice, clean and quiet.. then 7 nights @ Grupotel, Cala San Vicente, brilliant hotel!

Club nights visited: Flower Power @ Pacha, Madness @ Ibiza Rocks, Cafe Ole @ Space

Best night: Flower power or madness.. cant decide, they where both ace!

Worst night: Cafe Ole... got there far too early and got bored..

Best bar: Cafe Del Mar

Money spent: far too much..!

Biggest regret: Eating at restaurants in San Antonio... theyre cack compared to the more out of the way places.. La Paloma in San Lorenzo was amazing!

Going back?: Hell yeah! i need to see Tiesto or Van Buuren..

Top tip: Get a hire car and see all of the island and visit the out of the way restaurants.. Also.. Sant Joan to Cala San vicente is the most amazing road to drive along! and make sure you check your change.. the amount of times the bar/cafe staff tried to rip us off not giving us the notes in our change.. :spank:

Photos can be seen here..!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/spodhopper/sets/72157627619465285/

Dates you were there: 1st Sept till 5th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Orosol, San Antonio. Really clean and friendly hotel, right next to the bus station for hopping on and off the buses / discobus.

Room was a bit pokey and no pool (although you can use the pools of 2 nearby hotels: Tropical and ...). Overall though still 10 times better than places I've stayed in San An before - Death Mar Studios etc!

Club nights visited: All Gone Pete Tong @ Pacha and Matinee @ Amnesia

Best night: All Gone Pete Tong @ Pacha.

Worst night: Matinee @ Amnesia. Only went as we won VIP balcony tickets in a Facebook competition. Music wasn't to my taste and we were knackered from previous night. On the plus side I now know to always book balcony tickets, just pushing through the crowds to get to the balcony was annoying enough, never mind being down there! I'm sure it wasn't anything like as busy the last time I went to Amnesia - Cream in 2007?!

Best bar: Itaca and Hush.

Money spent: hmm think around 700/800 euros in spending money, although I haven't and don't want to check in detail!

Biggest regret: going to Matinee because we won free tickets. Should have chilled on Saturday before going to We Love or Judgement Sundays on our last night.

Going back?: Definitely, same dates next year!

Top tip: Use the bus. This was my 3rd trip to the island and the first time I got out of San Antonio, I love San An but it's great exploring too. Bus from airport also saves you a fortune.

Dates you were there: 25th Sept - 30th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jabeque - Figs

Club nights visited: Cocoon Afters at Plage D'Elephant and Es Vive Afterparty the same day
Best night: Cocoon afters

Worst night: None

Best bar: KM5

Money spent: 1100 Euro

Biggest regret: Not booking enough time to see Ricardo at either Monza or Underground.

Going back?: Not for a while, unless for a specific clubnight

Top tip: Get a car\See Es Vedra\Go to Portinix\Passion cafe PDB great for breakfast

:)

I will post an extended review later!

Dates you were there: June 11th >16th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bellamar

Club nights visited: SHM Pacha

Best night: SHM Pacha

Worst night: Never a bad night in Ibiza...very quiet compared to usual 8)

Best bar: Mambo & Del Mar (Sanchez Pre-party) :p

Best place to eat: Mambo

Money spent: 800 Euros

Biggest regret: None, just a short break before my wedding

Going back?: August 17th> 30th for our honeymoon/10th visit (Palidum Palace):):)

Top tip Look for bargins for tickets

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Palladium Palace Ibiza , Playa d'en Bossa (honeymoon) 10th visit Aug 17th -30th

Club nights visited: Above & Beyond Cream ,Carl Cox Space , SHM Ushuaia

Best night: SHM Ushuaia

Worst night: Carl Cox...too many Neds with football tops on!!!

Best bar: Bora Bora

Best place to eat: Ibiza town

Money spent: 1200 (saved 70 euro on buying my tickets from Spotlight for SHM)

Biggest regret: Palladium Palace...too many kids :x

Going back?: Booked next year Aug 25th to 8th Sep

Top tip always cherish the time you have in Evissa 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: 20th Sept to 24th Sept

Where you stayed (Resort/Hotel): 1st night stayed at the Sirensis Goleta (very nice) last few nights were at Hostel Tarba (San An) Nice but very noisy if room is at the front due to the road.

Club nights visited: Carl Cox closing and Cream closing

Best Night: Cream Closing totally rammed but PVD smashed it for me, awesome!

Worst night: Carl Cox closing got in too early and was very tired and just couldn't get into it

Best Bar: Golden Buddha in San An and Marina's in PDB

Money Spent:Not including flights/hotels around 4 - 500 euros

Biggest Regret: Not getting to Golden Buddha earlier for the spotlight meet or to Es Vive for the Dj Chewie sets

Going Back: Yep same time next year (or very similar time) but staying in PDB for the whole stay next year

Top Tip: Use the bus as much as possible, I spent far too much money on taxi's :rolleyes:

Dates you were there: 25/9 - 5/10

Where you stayed (Resort/Hotel): PDB - JABEQUE

Club nights visited: VAGABUNDOS @ PACHA, COCOON @ AMNESIA, COCOON AFTERS, SASHA @ USHUAIA, MONZA @ SANKEYS, AMNESIA CLOSING, SPACE CLOSING, DC10 CLOSING

Best Night: SPACE CLOSING THEN COCOON AFTERPARTY

Worst night: MONZA BUT STILL HAD A DECENT TIME

Best Bar: BORA BORA

Money Spent: £1500

Biggest Regret: TOO MANY DAYS WRITTEN OFF IN THE HOTEL ROOM

Going Back: YES! EITHER OPENINGS OR CLOSINGS NEXT YR, DEFO PREFER THAN PEAK SEASON

Top Tip: DONT PICK YOUR SPOT TO DANCE ANYWHERE NEAR ANY ENTRANCES / EXITS! WORTH SPENDING A BIT OF TIME TOO FIND A GOOD SPOT

Dates you were there: 1/10 - 4/10
Where you stayed (Resort/Hotel): Hotel Ibiza Playa (Figueretas)

Club nights visited: Amnesia Closing, Matinee Afterparty @ Plage de l'Elephant, DC10 Closing

Best Night: It was like a single uninterrupted party

Worst night: the first night back home

Best Bar: any bar with a seaview and good mojitos

Best place to eat: El Chiringuito @ Es Cavallet

Money Spent:
around 1000 € I guess

Biggest Regret: not having forced my friend to take his cellphone to the clubs. I spent hours looking for him in the crowd!

Going Back: Yes

Top Tip: take a break from the clubs from time to time to go to the beach... everybody looks better with a tan.

Dates you were there: 2nd October to 5th October

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): El Divino Apartments, Ibiza Town

Club nights visited: Space Closing Fiesta, DC10 CircoLoco closing, DC10 After at Sands, Es Vive on 3/10/11, Sankeys Closing

Best night: Space.

Worst night: No worst night, but CircoLoco closing was the worst couple of hours

Best bar: Sands

Money spent: far too much, maybe 800 euros.

Biggest regret: Not staying longer in Sankeys due to excess during the day.

Going back?: Of course.

Top tip: Dont have too much of a plan.

Will write a full review in coming days... recovering and trying to do some work is taking all my energy. Started the review but Safari quit on me.

Dates you were there - 20th - 27th September

Where you stayed - Tur Palas, PDB

Club nights visited - Carl Cox, Cream, Defected, We Love Sundays

Best Night - Defected

Worst Night - We Love Sundays; far to busy and would rather remember how it used to be

Worst Night - All good, although I only read a book on the 26th so that wasn't to crazy an evening

Best Bar - I still love Bora Bora

Money Spent - about 1000 Euros

Biggest Regret - Not chilling a bit Sunday and going to Circo Loco

Going Back - On Saturday!!!!

Top Tip - Plan it a little better

Dates you were there: 2/10 - 5/10
Where you stayed (Resort/Hotel): Didn't make it to a hotel on 1st night. Next couple of nights at Tarba in San Antonio.

Club nights visited: Blue Marlin Closing, Space Closing (Terrace/Sunset Terrace 4.30am - noon), DC-10 Closing (10pm-midnight), Kubicle afterparty @ Es Vive, Circoloco afterparty @ Sands, Sankeys Closing

Best Night: 1st - Blue Marlin & Space closings

Worst night: DC-10 closing and Es Vive

Best Bar: This trip - Tulp. Redeemed itself for Sunday Sunset and some cracking 7,50Euro Mojitos. See photos here (thanks McRackin) : http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?p=1397536#post1397536

Best place to eat: Ibiza Rocks House at Pikes for Sunday Roast

Money Spent:
around 750 Euros (including airport parking, flights, hire car, diesel, 2 nights at hotel, club tickets (all from Spotlight), drinks and food.

Biggest Regret: Not getting up to the North / North West – it's what I think of most fondly about the island when I'm not there. Left a gaping unfulfilled hole this trip.

Going Back: Hopefully end of the month – to fill that hole !

Top Tip: When someone tells you that you can't, remember that you usually can – it's just a case of thinking laterally.

Dates you were there: 1st oct - 8th oct

Club nights visited: blue marlin closing and space closing ( full carl cox morning session on terrace )

Best Night: the only night was the blue marlin closing/car cox terrace session afterwards

Worst night: space closing ( carl cox morning session but ONLY for the fact that i encountered the iPhone incident as it will now be referred to )

Best Bar: Tulp with Kimajy and McRackin for the amazing mojitos, the wee bar in Tarba hostel was also good craic on the saturday night ( 1st ) as, unknown to me for the first 10 mins or so they had me shouting "Yo soy español" because i was wearing a Spanish football team Adidas tracksuit top... i eventually found out it means "i am spanish" and that's why everyone at the bar were laughing their heads off... :lol::lol:

Best place to eat: Pikes on Sunday for the massive roast but closely followed by the Curry Club on 6th AND 7th...

Money Spent: taking into account 4 flights, accommodation, food, drinks etc, club tickets, mountain bike rental, quad rental and taxis i'd say around £1000

Biggest Regret: not making it to DC-10 despite having a ticket but then again judging by the reviews of the place i wouldn't have stayed more than 5 mins in my state, if i had even of got it at all... bringing my iPhone is also a regret..

Going Back: supposed to be coming back at the start of next month for a week but really don't think i can afford it unless i get a few bets up.. if not then, then i'll be back next year a few times..

Top Tip: rent a quad for a day!!!!!! :D:eek:

Full review might happen today at some stage as i'm sure as hell not leaving the house in these artic temperatures... :(

Back