Tell Us How it Was: Ibiza 2008

Dates you were there: Sep 5th - Sep 11th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bali Beach Apartments in Playa d'en Bossa

Club nights visited: We Love Space, Judgement Sunday, Circo Loco, Cocoon

Best Night: Cocoon.....Circo Loco not far behind.

Worst Night: None

Best Bar: Blue Marlin

Best Place to Eat: El Chiringuito Restaurant on Cala Gracionetta or Bambuddha Grove.

Money Spent: About 1200 Euros excluding Accomodation and Car.

Biggest Regret: None Whatsoever

Going Back?: Yes!

Top Tip: Choose your club nights wisely. Quality over Quantity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: 4th - 9th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bossa Park, PDB

Club nights visited: Manumission @ Amnesia, Boa Bora, We Love @ Space

Best Night: We Love @ Space, Cassius was the best set I've heard in ages

Worst Night: None

Best Bar: Bora Bora

Best Place to Eat: Passion in PDB

Money Spent: £600 approx.

Biggest Regret: Not staying for another couple of nights and not making it to see Loui Vega with a live PA from Inia @ El Divino

Going Back?: Yep. Thought it may have been the last year for me after 9 years of visits, but this trip has just wetted my appetite for next time!

Top Tip: Have a fruit smoothie at Passion bar the day after the night before, sorts you right out!

Dates you were there: September 5th - 11th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Osiris, San Antonio Bay

Club nights visited: Wonderland @ Eden, We Love @ Space and Tiesto @ Priviledge

Best Night: Wonderland @ Eden

Worst Night: None but if I have to say one it would be We Love :(

Best Bar: Savanah with Itaca, Mambo and Sun Sea bar close seconds!

Best Place to Eat: Didn't go anywhere special but had some nice food at Itaca

Money Spent: £750

Biggest Regret: Not going to Pacha and DC10

Going Back?: Damn right although may try Ibiza Town or PDB

Top Tip: Don't go to Space before 1am, the tickets are cheaper but once you have bought a beer in there the difference in ticket price has been spent! Furthermore, the headliners don't start till after 1am........also don't go with mates who may spoil your holiday if they havn't got much money, everyone knows it's not cheap before they go!

Dates you were there: Fri 05/09 - Tues 09/09 (7th visit, first since 2006, and my stag do no less! :))

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Algarb Hotel, PDB. We got moved there after last minute 'technical difficulties' with our booking at Jabeque Apartments, and turned out to be a bit of a winner as much closer to the action in PDB. We also got given all inclusive for the inconvenience which we barely used, other than for a couple beers and one dinner on our last night.

Club nights visited: Goa @ Space, Def Mix @ Pacha, WLS @ Space

Best Night: Has to be WLS ... highlight of which was Sasha & Zabiela B2B on the terrace, some of the best music I've heard in a club for years, astonishingly good. 8) Alfredo on the sunset terrace was fun for a bit of an old-fashioned cheese up (EBTG - Missing, AVH - You Don't Know Me), although his mixing was decidely dodgy for the man who started it all! :eek: Def Mix @ Pacha was also superb (although I thought David Morales was Victor Calderone and Victor Calderone was David Morales :rolleyes: :oops: :lol: )

Worst Night: No worst night, Goa @ Space was the least amazing, but still damn good fun for a cheeky first night (which was supposed to be a couple drinks then to bed! :eek: ) Plus we got in for a measly €15.

Best Bar: Geminis in Ibiza Town (few doors down from Base/Rock) became our regular spot, good Mojitos. Zuka is always good fun to hear owner Mark putting the world to rights - imagine if a London cabbie owned an Ibizan bar! :lol: (apparently he just got landed with a €15K fine for not being shut by 4.30am recently! :eek:). Made it to Grial for the first time, bit quiet but lovely looking bar, ideal for pre-Pacha drinks. Tantra in PDB can't be beat for pre-Space drinks. Bora Bora held little appeal this year, despite having been my favourite place back in 01/02. Ushuaia Sea Lounge (further down the beach in PDB) is a lovely chilled spot.

Best Place to Eat: Only really went to one restaurant, Cafe Macao in Ibiza Town, which was really good. Passion in PDB is always good for breakfast.

Money Spent: €500

Biggest Regret: Not making it to DC10. :cry: Call me a lightweight/old man, but having barely been out clubbing in 2 years due to parenthood, 3 big nights in a row kinda took its toll, and then some! Especially gutted as Luciano was playing, and rumours of it closing for good ... however, way I was feeling on Monday you'd have to drag me there kicking & screaming! :lol: But hey I have been to the club 6 times before since 2001. Also - not taking enough pics/vid clips (but I never do wherever I go :rolleyes:).

Going Back?: Silly question. Although this was most likely the last 'clubby' trip :)cry:), next visit will be a family holiday (either with the in-laws (!) or another couple with kids) which will be different for sure, but very cool indeed. 8)

Top Tip: Make the most of your time out there, but don't make the most of it so much that you can't make the most of it, if you know what i mean!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Dates you were there: 4th to 13th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mar Y Playa, Figueretas. Building 1, just refurbished and excellent location and accomodation, highly recommended

Club nights visited: Matinee, We Love, Be - all at Space, Azuli beach party

Best Night: All excellent but Azuli was just a perfect location/tunes/people/atmosphere and Be something quite different to the usual fare

Worst Night: No bad nights but some shocking tunes :eek: occasionally!!

Best Bar: Soap, Ibiza old town, the best bar in town and we're not even gay

Best Place to Eat: We hardly ate at all but the Italian place at the start of St of the Virgins is very good

Money Spent: around a £1000

Biggest Regret: nothing

Going Back?: yes

Top Tip: Go to Formentera and be aware that more than 2 nights in a row can be hard going (for us anyway) :D

Dates you were there: 10 - 17 Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Edificio Apt, PDB. Amazing location and gorgeous pool overlooking the beach.

Club nights visited: Wonderland at Eden, Matinee at Space, Circoloco at DC10

Best Night: Circoloco, had never been before. Best clubbing experience ever.

Worst Night: Wonderland. No flow, just a bit dull.

Best Bar: Soap, Ibiza old town (as above!) Always busy and nice location. Hot Wolverine-like Waiter too......

Best Place to Eat: Erm.....I had a nice burger at Sa Trinxa at Salinas.....

Money Spent: around a £1300, me and other half

Biggest Regret: Going to San An even for one night. Will I never learn.....?

Going Back?: If DC10 is open, yes

Top Tip: Beware the Guardia Civil.........
:eek:

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jet, PDB (25 of us went!)

Club nights visited: Pure Pacha, Zoo Project, Underground, WLS@Space, DC-10, Cocoon

Best Night: DC-10/Cocoon with Underground and Zoo project really pleasant supsrises

Worst Night: WLS - second year in a row been a bit disapointed once things go indoors (terrace still A*)

Best Bar: Bar in Es Vive hotel.....went there at 6am till about 830am (closest to an afteparty :()

Best Place to Eat: Jockey Club in Salinas

Money Spent: havent checked yet :eek:

Biggest Regret: Not making it to Blue Marlin as it was booked out

Going Back?: Honestly not sure. 5th seperate trip to ibiza.....think it might be done. Although still want to do a final closing week (1st week in Oct) so probs yes!

Top Tip: Check out Underground if you want a relatively cheap/low key night with quality music....only gets busy aroun 130/2ish though (shuts at 430)

Dates you were there: 13th to 16th September 2008

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Friends apartment, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Fierce Angels @ Es Vive Hotel.Judgement Sunday @ Eden, Download - The Sound of Bassline v's Garage @ Es Paradis, MN2S Closing Party @ El Divino.

Best Night: MN2S Closing Party @ El Divino,one of the most underatred and best nites on the island definitely, FANTASTIC NITE.

Worst Night: None really although the music was terrible @ Judgement Sunday, but not bad atmosphere,although we didn't pay in and only stayed there 45mins or so.

Best Bar: Bay Bar is by far and away my fav bar in Ibiza,beautiful.

Best Place to Eat: didn't eat loads,although we had some really nice food at Nonsolopizza in San Antonio,definitely recommended and free WIFI.

Money Spent: Too much skint now for weeks,back to recession/credit crunch :cry:

Biggest Regret: Not getting to hire out a speedboat and go visit Cale Conte,etc,and sleeping in.

Going Back?: Yes but dunnio about next year, will see.

Top Tip: Having never stayed in San Antonio before (usually PDB) i have to say overall i was impressed with this area and even the west end has come on a lot,so id have no hesitation in staying there again as there is so much to see and do, also i would recommend Es Vive Hotel, free entry and a really nice vibe there contrary to what some have said (no posers either)also check out Es Paradis the nicest looking club out of them all inside.

Dates you were there: a week in early June - can't be more precise

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Playa d'en Bossa - can't remember hotel name :lol:

Club nights visited: Space, El Divino, Eden

Best Night: Koolwaters @ Eden - not busy, but we got in for free and Stanton Warriors played a cracking set, including mixes of Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Hot Chip and Booka Shade. Hearing Saturate in a club is awesome.

Worst Night: whatever was on at El Divino (opening night?) - horribly overcrowded and overrated club - only thing decent about it is view over to Ibiza Town.

Best Bar: Hush and the Buddha Bar (?) at the end of San An's sunset strip - love the big sofas

Best Place to Eat: best meal was in one of the front restauarants at Figueretas, where I was served some lovely cod on the bone; but also enjoyed some tapas around Ibiza Town

Money Spent: managed on about £400 :lol:

Biggest Regret: should have probably stayed in San An, seeing as we ended up going there most nights

Going Back?: yup

Top Tip: make sure you go along to the end of sunset strip and discover the Buddha bar (?) mentioned above

Dates you were there:
17th - 24th Septemeber

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Hotel Pikeys :lol: Park opp the egg.

Club nights visited:
Be @ Space, People from Ibiza and Circoloco

Best Night:
Circoloco (but the others wern't to far behind)

Worst Night:
None

Best Bar:
Baybar

Best Place to Eat:
Coastline. Their mixed paella is stunning!! and El Chiringuito Restaurant on Cala Gracionetta

Money Spent:
£700

Biggest Regret:
Not making Garnier @ Space on Tuesday due to still being in a mess from Circoloco :spank: and once again not hiring a car and exploring the Island.

Best higlight:
Villalobos being announced for Circoloco's 10th anniversary very last minute and also finding out he was playing for 5 hours b2b with Luciano... 8)8)8)

Going Back?:
100% for the 5th time 8) I went to Croatia back in July for a change but imo nothing beats Ibiza. The whole vibe of Ibiza is just amazing!

Top Tip:
Try and go to bed after a big night. Even if its just for a few hours. :lol:

Dates you were there: 10th - 17th September 08

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Poniente Playa Apartments - San Antonio

Club nights visited: Garlands,Mondo Loco & Judgement @ Eden, Waterparty & Clubland Closing Party @ Es Paradis, Tiesto @ Privalidge, Manumission Closing Party @ Amnesia

Best Night: Manumission @ Amnesia....Great shows, tunes and club! Tiesto was amazing but the club was so packed you could hardly move should of arrived earlier me thinks!

Worst Night: Mondo Loco

Best Bar: Plastik, Bar M, Hush, Itaca

Best Place to Eat: Didnt really eat that much, if we did it was at the apartment

Money Spent: £850

Biggest Regret: Not going to Cream or We love Space....always next year though ;)

Going Back?: Of Course!! :)

Top Tip: Buy tickets when you get there and enjoy every minute!

Dates you were there: July 16th-24th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Pacific, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Wonderland, Mondo loco, We Love Space, Pukka Up, Ibiza Rocks (we are scientists) and Rogue DJs

Best Night: We love space

Worst Night: mondo loco...ridiculously repetitive

Best Bar: Mambo, Plastik

Best Place to Eat: Didn't really eat one proper meal!

Money Spent: around £1100, including accomodation

Biggest Regret: Not going to Tiesto and Manumission

Going Back?: Next year for defs.

Top Tip: Get club tickets from bars offering drinks included in the price, and watching the sunset is a must.

Dates you were there: 14th - 25th Sept.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Algarb / PdB (still o.k., even if it doesn't belong to the Fiesta-Group anymore! But after 3 yrs in a row staying there I decided to choose Hotel Don Toni or Hotel Playa d'en Bossa for next year...)

Club nights visited: CircoLoco @ DC-10, Be@Space, Goa @ Space, Matinee @ Space, We love Sundays @ Space, Laurent Garnier-Special @ Space, La Troya @ Space

Best Night: Laurent Garnier @ Space (the MC was incredible!); Best show: La Troya

Worst Night: -

Best Bar: still BoraBora... :D

Best Place to Eat: La Brassa and I also really like the food @ BoraBora and Moorea @ PdB

Money Spent: :rolleyes:

Biggest Regret: that I haven't spent more time for visiting nice places like Las Salinas etc. But there's always a "next year"... :D

Going Back?: Definately!!! 2009 (July or September - don't know yet...)

Top Tip: 8)

Dates you were there: August 8th - 18th August

Where you stayed: Mare Nostrum Playa den bossa

Club nights visited: pure pacha, hed kandi, tiesto, Armada, cream, circoloco reopening, we love space

Best Night: circoloco reopening, 1 word, amazing

Worst Night: - pure pacha, hate the club, might as well be a vip only club

Best Bar: Tantra playa den bossa

Money Spent: about £1700 altogether

Biggest Regret: Not doing the zoo project on the saturday evening

Going Back?: 100% definite, next year

Top Tip: top up on drinks at the supermarket b4 hitting the clubs, you will save a fortune

Dates you were there: Sept 13th - Sept 27th

Where you stayed: Tivoli - PDB

Club nights visited: 1x WLS , 2x CircoLoco , 1x Pandemonium 1x Be @ Space , 2x Zoo Parties , 1x Monza ,1x Mondo Loco @ Eden

Best Night: Circoloco 15th September

Worst Night: - Mondo Loco but only for the location we were only there for the back room (Tim Sheridan was good but Mr C was a no show)

Best Bar: Coolture Cafe , Expensive but cheapest tickets! 10euro Monza!

Money Spent: Havnt added up yet but think its just over £1000 in 2 weeks

Biggest Regret: Being ill and not feeling my best at CircoLoco and Danny T and missing Cocoon on the 22nd

Going Back?: Not so sure , was def more expensive this year and wasnt so on it as previous years . PDB is pretty dead this year towards middle september

Top Tip: RENT A CAR!!!! Was so nice to get out of the touristy towns n drive round the hills and check out other beaches.Also Ancient People do a great curry in the evening but the menu del dia is not nearly as good

Dates you were there: Sept 20th - Sept 29th

Where you stayed: Private apartment in PDB

Club nights visited: 2 x We Love, Laurent Garnier @ Space, Danny T @ Space

Best Night: Laurent Garnier @ Space

Worst Night: Didn't have one

Best Bar: Ushuaia in PDB - really nice for a night-off and a much needed decent bar in PDB now that Bora Bora is what it is

Best Place to Eat: La Torre and Sa Capella in the evening, Passion still by a mile for daytime

Money Spent: No idea

Biggest Regret: No regrets

Going Back?: Don't know, we have other plans for next year so at the most a long weekend in September

Top Tip: Go with the flow........Ibiza has changed and is not this clubbing capital of the world it once was, however if you accept it to be a nice island in the Med with some good clubbing nights on offer, plus make the most of the other thing you can do, then you can still have a fantastic holiday

Dates you were there: 21st-28th Sept

Where you stayed: Jet PDB

Club nights visited: CircoLoco @ DC-10, Garnier @ Space, Cream closing @ Amnesia, Matinee @ Space.

Best Night: CircoLoco by a country mile.

Worst Night: Both nights @ Space.

Best Bar: Found a cool little Dutch bar and there's a beach bar a few bars along from Bora Bora... don't remember the names.

Best Place to Eat: Passion. Brilliant food, smooties and friendly staff.

Money Spent: £1500

Biggest Regret: Space (will explain if/when I write up a review)

Going Back?: Planning next years trip/s allready :)

Top Tip: Go to Formentera. Don't go to Space (not my cup of tea anyways...)

Dates you were there: 22-30 September

Where you stayed: Fiesta PDB

Club nights visited: dc10, Cocoon x2, Garnier @Space, Gala night at old Zoo project place, Danny Tenaglia closing party, Pure Pacha, Groove Armada beach party ( is this a club night? :lol:) People from Ibiza, We love closing

Best Night: Danny Tenaglia or cocoon closing

Worst Night: none, but Pure Pacha was my least favourite

Best Bar: didn't get to many bars, definitely NOT borabora

Best Place to Eat: didn't go anywhere incredible.Pacha restaurant was nice though.

Money Spent: :eek::eek::eek:

Biggest Regret: none

Going Back?: hope so, not sure about next year but can't imagine not going back ever. The no daytime parties and regulations have definitely made a difference to the atmosphere. Still feels like a second home every time I go though

Top Tip: if you have a flight out late at night, pay an extra night to stay in the room all day. Your head will thank you. Mine sure did. Also, hire a car I do every year and can't imagine not being able to get about during the day.

Dates you were there: 14th - 28th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mar y Vent, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Advanced v Tidy @ Eden, Wonderland @ Eden, Tiesto @ Privilege, Cream @ Amnesia

Best Night: Either Tiesto or Cream.

Worst Night: Either of the 2 Eden nights. Not a fan of the actual club.

Best Bar: Kilties in the West End.

Best Place to Eat: Didn't do much eating, so I'll say Kilties again, just for the tuna toasties.

Money Spent: £1200

Biggest Regret: Not going to more big nights, not going to Bora Bora and not going to Wildlife on One.

Going Back?: Going back next summer with my best mate to work for the season.

Top Tip: Work out how much money you'll need then add a substantial amount. It's crap running out of money while you're there.

Dates you were there: 30th July - 6th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Ibizamar Hotel, San An Bay

Club nights visited: 7 out of 7!:lol: Garlands (Wed at Eden), Cream, Wonderland, Saturday Foam Party at Eden, Judgement Sundays (!!!!!!!!!), Tiesto, Advanced v Tidy

Best Night: Has to be Judgement Sundays. Simply was the best night of my life. The line up was ridiculous. Marco V, Sander van D, Amber D, Durrant, Ferry Corsten (!!!!!!!!) and the Judge.
Ferry's set had to be the best set I have ever witnessed. Literally full stonk.

Worst Night: Has to be Tiesto, unfortunately. Not the music per se. Chris Lake was epic and Tiesto himself was good, but I found Privilege to be way too big. Kept losing friends, and due to us being at the front, the heat was unbearable. We left at 4 cos we were literally dieing on our feet.

Best Bar: Capones because of the legendary Visers, or a little grotty hole called Acantus, next door to Capones. The owner of said bar was a hero, called Mariano. Best drinks promo we could find.

Best Place to Eat: A restaurant we found around the Sunset strip. Cannot remember the name, but it's on the main access road from San An to the strip. Had the best chicken salad money can buy!

Money Spent: £1200 (!) but we had planned to spend that much in the week.

Biggest Regret: Going for the Radio 1 big weekend. Bit of a let down if you ask me, if it wasn't for Judgement. Most of the day activities were in the Ibiza Rocks hotel, so we couldn't be arsed with a 45 min treck after a heavy night before.
Also, doing 7 big nights out of 7. After Sunday night, we literally had no energy left for the remaining two nights (Tiesto and Tiesto). We would have defo enjoyed the former more if we'd had more energy.

Going Back?: Already booked the flights. Going back in June this time, as the hotels are illegally cheap then!

Top Tip: Allow plenty of time to get to the sunset strip. Get there early as the Sun goes down in no time!

Back