Tell Us How it Was: Ibiza 2008

Dates you were there: 16/07 - 23/07

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): playa bella, san an bay

Club nights visited: Wonderland @ Eden, We love @ Space, Clubland Es Paradise

Best Night: WE LOVE SPACE. AMAZING OH MY GOD

Worst Night: Wonderland, full of pilled up thugs.

Best Bar: Bora bora, Sgt peppers 2(lol, cheese fest)

Best Place to Eat:cant remember any of the names of places i went to but generally anywhere with good steak, and that serves bread with alioli

Money Spent: £2000

Biggest Regret: meeting a girl the first night that got very clingy. shouldve severed all ties with her that night and not kept going back for more nooky with the same girl.

Going Back?: would love to in september, but cant(getting a nice new car) so next year it is(10 days this time)

Top Tip: HAVE FUN, get up early and make the most of every second!!!!

dave

Dates you were there: Sat 2nd Aug – Sun 10th Aug

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Rented Apartments in Playa Den Bossa (near Club Diva)

Club nights visited: Sat – Underground ; Sun – We Love… ; Mon – Release Yourself ; Tue – Carl Cox & Friends ; Fri – Pure Pacha

Best Night: Carl Cox, although an honourable mention to the Underground, fantastic DJs and great crowd

Worst Night: Pure Pacha – dodgy crowd stood around waiting to be entertained. Then Oakenfold on the decks was our cue to find another room.

Best Bar: None really stood out, mainly due to the fact that we mostly drank in the apartments before heading out.

Best Place to Eat: Had a great meal at Sa Capella, lovely venue too

Money Spent: Around £800 for spending money

Biggest Regret: Not booking two weeks like I keep promising myself

Going Back?: Of course (been 5 times and it keeps getting better)!

Top Tip: If you get your change on a plate in Pacha, always check under the receipt for rest of it (the sneaky, moody buggers)

Dates you were there: 31/7/08 - 13/8/08

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Rented apartment in PDB.

Club nights visited: Radio 1 party @ Ibiza Rocks Hotel, Wonderland @ Eden (X2), Matinee @ Space (X2), Radio 1 party @ Amnesia, We Love Sundays @ Space (X2), Tiesto In Search Of Sunrise @ Privilege, Carl Cox @ Space, Subliminal Sessions @ Pacha, Cream @ Amnesia, Cocoon @ Amnesia, Armada @ Amnesia

Best Night: I really can't choose cause all of them were fabulous!

Worst Night: None.

Best Bar: Bora Bora (is it a bar anyway?)

Best Place to Eat: La Griferia

Money Spent: 3000 Euros

Biggest Regret: Not having time to do other things than partying, but that was well expected ahead ;)

Going Back?: Indeed - for this year's closing of the closing parties on 28/9/08 - 7/10/08.

Top Tip: Make sure to book Ibiza twice ahead in the same year - this is the best cure for the post Ibiza blues/comedown after you're back from the first Ibiza vacation, because you'll know you got another one awaiting for u just a little later in that season ;)

Dates you were there:
2nd - 13th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Hostel Torres, San An

Club nights visited:
Defected, WLS

Best Night:
WLS

Worst Night:
None

Best Bar:
Bay Bar

Best Place to Eat:
Kasbah

Money Spent:
750 euros

Biggest Regret:
Nothing really!

Going Back?:
Strictly weekend visits nowdays!

Top Tip:
Explore the island

dates you were there:
19th-26th august

where you stayed:
hostal norte san an

club nights visited:
clubland @ es paradis, garlands @ eden, f**k me im famous @ pacha. judgement sundays @ eden and tiesto @ privelage.

best night:
most of them

worst night:
i would say f**k me im famous only because it was so over crowded and i couldn't move

best bar:
always enjoy capones also bora bora.

best place to eat:
enjoyed most place but pacha was good

money spent:
about £750

biggest regret:
not going to manumission

going back:
not for a few years as im off to oz for a couple of years. gutted but will hopefully go and work out there on my return from oz.

top tip:
get out and about in the day dont waist it hungover in bed.

Dates you were there:
16th Aug - 23rd Aug

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):

Playa D'en Bossa Beach Club, PDB

Club nights visited:

We Love: Space / Cocoon: Amnesia / Carl Cox: Space / Be: Space

Best Night:

Be @ Space, Great night, great music

Worst Night:
Carl Cox - the music from cox was boring and the air conditioning was broken

Best Bar:
Didnt really have one, mixed it up mostly

Best Place to Eat:
Little Tapas place in ibiza town, not sure of the name

Money Spent:
about 670 euro

Biggest Regret:
Not wearing ear plugs at Be.

Going Back?:
I doubt it, need to start seeing more of the world.

Top Tip:

Wear ear plugs if you go to Be, I still have tinnitus after 10 days. It is LOUD.

dates you were there:
24th-30th august

where you stayed:
a villa for 10 with 7 people

club nights visited:
carl cox, made in italy, f**k me im famous. as usual couldn't really be bothered with clubs an only did those to show the first timer in our group around a bit

best night:
made in italy. good crowd, great music, enough room to move

worst night:
f**k me i'm famous - ridiculously full

best bar:
blue marlin

best place to eat:
atzaro was absolutely lush, trattoria del sole was delish but gave me a slight food poisoning. blue marlin was good but over priced as was pirates in formentera.

money spent:
god knows

biggest regret:
not staying for longer than a week!

going back:
oh yes.

top tip:
disco naps thru out the day. formentera. apparently the guest list for pacha now closes at 2, normally haven't had a problem getting in after that but perhaps they were more strict cos it was so packed.

Dates you were there :
16 - 24th august 08

where you stayed :
Hotel brisa - san antonio, basic but clean and the food was ok, bar cheap drinks and friendly service, only downfall was the idiot behind the reception at night time, power trip crazy or what!!!!

Club nights visited :
We love at space (boring music once the sunset terrace closed at 12midnight, left at 4am) - subliminal sessions wed - amazing club, busy but still room to dance etc and morillo was brill, played toca me at the end which everyone sang along too, amazing!!! Wonderland @ eden, again much better than space - groove armada headlining instead of pete tong made it better for me anyway.

Best night :
Subliminal sessions on wed.

Worst night :
We love @ space, alfredo was ace!! All other music was one tone and boring!!!

Best bar :
Bora bora bouncing all over the place in there - brill!!

Best place to eat :
Restaurant in ibiza town, didn`t catch the name but it was right opposite the main port, expensive but worth it.

Money spent : 2k, my advice is take your own drinks down the sunset and sit on the beach, mambos is a rip off.

Biggest regret: Coming home

going back: Yes defo, brilliant place, brilliant people - shame about the greedy club owners - in space be careful as the drink prices differ from room to room and get more expensive as the night goes on (disgraceful really)

top tips : Think cheap at the beginnging of your holiday and you may have some money left at the end of the week, email all the clubs and record labels before you go and ask for guest list entrys, i got 2 out of 4 which helped.

dates you were there: 24th-31th august

where you stayed: Gran Sol

club nights visited: Tiesto at Privilege, Armin @ Amnesia, Be/Tenaglia @ Space

best night: All - can't choose!

worst night: None

best bar: None, just drank our own from the supermarket!

best place to eat: Never ate out anywhere, didnt eat much

money spent: a LOT less than usual / ever before!

biggest regret: not being able to stay for longer than a week so we could have gone out more!

going back: Of course.

top tip: Its been said before somewhere on here but always check under your receipt in clubs for more euros, sneaky! Oh and also, if you have been given a free drink ticket dont show it the bar staff until AFTER they have poured your drink - i think it makes a difference as to which bottle they pour from and how much they give you, that was my experience anyway...

Oh and ANOTHER thing - dont listen to all the negative crap on this board about how Ibiza isnt this and Ibiza isnt that... is still is, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: 24/08/08 - 31/08/08

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): S'anfora, San antonio

Club nights visited: we love space, Dave Pearce @ Eden, Tiesto @ priveledge, Cream @ Amnesia( followed by twice as nice @ eden) and wonderland @ eden

Best Night: Tiesto

Worst Night: cream (wasnt feeling it at all, maybe its just amnesia i dont like)

Best Bar: Plastik, decent music

Best Place to Eat: Savannah

Money Spent: 500 euros give or take a euro

Biggest Regret: paying to go cream and it being rubbish then paying to go twice as nice and that being just as bad, and not going to see Armin

Going Back?: hell yes. roll on 2009

Top Tip: take more money!!! and drink before you go out.

Dates I was there - 30th August - 5th September.

Where I stayed - Mare Nostrum , Playa Den Bossa

Club nights visited - Mondo Loco at Eden, We Love at Space, Circoloco at DC-10, Koolwaters at Eden, Carl Cox at Space, Be at Space.

Best night- Circoloco

Worst night - If I have to pick one, Eden.

Best Bar - Didn´t visit many bars, only Bora Bora.

Best place to eat - Bella Napoli in Ibiza Town

Spent - around 700

Regret - don´t regret anything I do in Ibiza

Going back - Yes

Top tip - Climb up to the watch tower opposite Es Verda. Easily the highlight of my holiday.

Dates you were there: 20th Aug-3rd Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sunshine Apts in the Bay

Club nights visited: Subliminal, We Love, Manumission, The Zoo Project and Circo loco!

Best Night: Hard to chose between the Zoo and Circo loco

Worst Night: None really but if i had to chose i would say Manumission due to Fat Boy Slim being garbo!

Best Bar: loved the Bay Bar for chilled quiet nights!

Best Place to Eat: eat a few times in Ibiza Town but cannot mind the names of the places - fav place was Jackie Browns in the Bay!

Money Spent: £2600 between me and the good ladie

Biggest Regret: maybe not doing another big night! :confused:

Going Back?: yes for defo, not nxt year though as getting married in Cyprus in june and going to Vegas in Sept

Top Tip: if its still going next year, goto the Zoo Project!!! and go early and take a towel etc as they have a cracking pool for a dip and do a fantastic BBQ ;)

Dates went: 31st August - 5th Saptember

Stayed: Some crap apartment near the West End

Clubs Visited: We Love... Sundays at Space, CircoLoco - DC10, Cocoon- Amnesia, Ibiza Rocks, Carl Cox - Space, Underground, Monza- Privlege.

Beat Day: It's gotta be CircoLoco

Worst night: Don't think I had one. However, Bora Bora was disappointiong this year, since the petition was erected.

Best bar: KM5 - great bar, nice food, wicked atmosphere

Best eating place: Had a lovely meal at David's in San An for a friends birthday. Decent price, generous portions.

Spent: Had to have money wired over to me after three days so about £950 in all.

Biggest regrets:
  • Staying in San Antonio - not for me, it's all about Bora Bora!
  • Not making the Zoo this year (stayed Sun-Fri)
  • Not buying any CircoLoco merchandise. If the rumours are true about the last one being on Monday...
Going again: Of course, you can take the girl out of Ibiza...

Top Tips:
  • Get the disco buses home - I know they can be full of knobs at times, but they're free!
  • Buy alcohol before you go out, you'll save a fortune
  • Shop around for you tickets
xxx

Dates you were there: 18/08-28/08

Where you stayed: Hotel Nautilus, San antonio bay- advertised as a 4 star, but in reality a 2 star the most! good location, beach-front, can't beat the good location though. all-inclusive too!:lol:

Club nights visited: Es paradis, Eden for Judgement Sundays, Amnesia (Cream), Pure Pacha, Privilege(Tiesto)

Best night: Cream, and Armada (Armin V. Buren especially!!)

Worst night: none really!

Best bar: Plastik-went there every nite B4 clubbing!

Best place to eat: Jackie Browns in San Antonio Bay- the Kangaroo, South African Springbok, and Ostrich steaks were delicious!! We'd decided to be a little more adventurous this time!:lol:

Money spent: Too much!

Biggest regret: none

Going back?: Having been there the 9th time i think i'll give it a miss next year- might go to Croatia instead!:lol:

Dates I was there - 18th Aug - 1st Sep

Where I stayed - Gran Sol - San An

Club nights visited - Tiesto @ Privilege,Marco V @ Armarda,erick Morillo @ Pacha,PVD @ Cream,Eddie Halliwell @ Cream,Wonderland x2 at Eden, Waterparty @ Es Paradis,Zoo project,Slipmatt @ Kanya,Judgement Sundays at Eden

Best night- Cream

Worst night - Erick Morillo @ Pacha - It was so rammed you couldnt move let alone dance, couldnt handle being pushed every second so left after an hour

Best Bar - Kanya

Best place to eat - Hotel as it was half board and very good

Spent - around £1500 plus £600 for flights and hotel

Regret - Not going to DC10

Going back - Yes

Top tip - Go to zoo project[/quote]

Dates you were there: 28.8.08-6.9.08

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jabeque Apartments (Figueretes)
Yebisah Hotel (Santa Eulalia)

Club nights visited: Manumission, We Love @ Space, Tidy @ Eden, MIMO @ Guarana, Togetherness @ Es Vive

Best Night: Tidy for tunes only not the club, Manumission for 2 Many DJ's only as Fatboy Slim was awful!

Worst Night: We Love was not loved but the night ended at Es Vive which is a hidden jem and is fantastic! So worst night ended up being one of the best!!

Best Bar: Bora Bora, Es Vive, Guarana (Santa Eulalia)

Best Place to Eat: Bambhudha Grove, S'Embarcador (San An Bay), Haddock Cafe (Figueretes)

Money Spent: a lot but were some nice suprises along the way with glasses of cava being only a few euros!

Biggest Regret: None

Going Back?: Always

Top Tip: If you have been to the Island a few times (this was my 7th) you might want to avoid the big clubs and seek out the smaller parties (most of these are free entry and have a great atmosphere).

Make it a new experience everytime :lol:

Dates you were there: 3/9/08-08/09/08

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):Hostal roca san an-very good

Club nights visited: Cream, Zoo project, We love and a little shimmy down bora bora.

Best Night: We love for obvious reasons http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?p=1239926#post1239926

Worst Night: Cream if i had to say. D ramirez was absolute gash!

Best Bar: Bora Bora

Best Place to Eat:passion pdb

Money Spent: £650 including the rest paid to the hostal

Biggest Regret: Not getting her phone number

Going Back?: As ever

Top Tip: Pack some valium and wear your sunnies at night It makes you look cool as f**k:p

Dates you were there: from 22nd august for two weeks

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): sanfora

Club nights visited: privillage amnessia and es paridise

Best Night: tiesto in serch of sunrise at privillage..AMAZING!

Worst Night: probabbly es paridise because it was the sound of bassline and thats not my sort of music went because it was free was good to experience the club though as its beautifull

Best Bar: tropi wicked trance tunes even if it is the size of your bedroom lol

Best Place to Eat: hmm didnt experience the greatest food to be honest but my partner enjoyed a meal we had a bay bar said it was the only un processed burger he had on the island lol said it tasted like proper meat

Money Spent: about a grand between us

Biggest Regret: staying at the sanfora, hotel was fine guests were awfull

Going Back?: yes but will spend more money on a more familly type of hotel

Top Tip: wait untill your there to buy club tickets as they do better deals such as 2 for one and group offers ect and also there are quite alot of free wrist bands being given out too altough for the biggest name djs and most popular nights buy online beforehand

Didn't realise this post existed...

Dates went: 03 August 17 August

Stayed: Hotel Llevant - Avoid at all costs

Clubs Visited: We Love... Sundays at Space, Tiesto @ Privilege (twice) Tidy @ Eden, Garlands @ Eden, Cream @ Amnesia (twice), Judgement Sunday @ Eden, Armada @ Amnesia, Rogue DJ's at Es Paradis

Best Night: Armin Van Buuren 8 hour set @ Armada

Worst night: Tidy at Eden, used to be brilliant, went way down hill since Dave Pearce's involvement

Best bar: Kanya - the Judgement Pre Party was brilliant

Drink of the holiday: Fat Frogs (1 bottle of bacardi breezer, mixed with 1 bottle of Smirnoff ice, mixed with Blue WKD)

Best eating place: Had a lovely meal at David's in San An also thr Curry Club across the road is really decent feed

Spent: £2000 for 2 weeks

Biggest regrets:
  • Our hotel, not having Air Con and being so close to Westend in San Antonio
  • Not making the Zoo Project, Wonderland or Hed Kandi
  • Forgetting to buy my Space Ibiza drawstring bag :cry:
Going again: Abso-f**king-lutely

Dates you were there: 3/9/08 - 10/9/08

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Orosol

Club nights visited: Subliminal, Cream, Wonderland, We Love, Cocoon and Underground

Best Night: Tough choice, im going to say Cocoon or We love for both sven's and fanciuilli sets

Worst Night: Wonderland. Awful club, was only there 3hrs and managed to get a much reduced ticket luckily

Best Bar: Plastik

Best Place to Eat: Forgot the name of the place, but its just up from the pussycat bar near the port in San An

Money Spent: £850

Biggest Regret: None

Going Back?: Yes, but not till next year

Top Tip: Underground. Fantastic little place with a great vibe!

Back