Tell Us How it Was: Ibiza 2008

Dannycw4i, sounds like you did a similar week to me,

Dates you were there: 4-11th July (flew with Monarch, cheap but seats are so uncomfortable it's like your sitting bent over!)

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Bellamar San Antonio Bay (2nd year running, beautiful!)

Club nights visited: SAT: Hed Kandi @ El Divino, SUN: Judgement Sundays @ Eden, MON: Tiesto Opening Party @ Privilege, TUE: Carl Cox Opening Party @ space, WED: Subliminal Sessions @ Pacha, THUR: Cream @ Amnesia

Best Night: Judgement Sundays @ Eden, even better than last year and not just because we got free VIP and champagne, the whole place was rocking and JJ played some amazing tracks.

Worst Night: Probably Cream, I loved it with Paul Van Dyk last year but wasn't too impressed by Eddie Halliwell and also i had lost my voice by the Thur night and was pretty shattered so we left at 3.

Best Bar: I have to say, after being gutted that Beach Bar has been replaced by a Linekars I actually enjoyed Linekars, two drinks for 10euros, it was always busy and great music playing.

Best Place to Eat: We ate in the hotel as we were half board but we did grab a yummy Subway from the west end one afternoon.

Money Spent: £500, yep and that includes absolutely everything including a hat and a few cd's!! I know you prob won't believe it as we went to 6 major nights but we were half board and dont really drink much.

Biggest Regret: Not staying at Pacha longer as Erik Morillo was amazing but I was on the road to loosing my voice, it was really smokey and I was wearing 4 inch heels and had been walking around ibiza town for 45 mins prior trying to get from the bus stop to the port! I bought his latest cd yest though to try and make up for it!

Going Back?: yes definately, poss for a long weekend next year to do Wonderland, Hed Kandi and Judgment Sundays.

Top Tip: If you get to Carl Cox before 11pm you get in for 20 euros instead of 40, a friend of mine also got free, yes free, tickets to Danny Tenaglia at Space for buying a cocktail in Savannahs so worth a try!

Dates you were there: 5th-12th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Central Park Apartments

Club nights visited: Judgement Sunday, Tiesto (Opening), Armada, Cream

Best Night: All of them, cant really choose this year

Worst Night: Last night as was skint and our flight was at 4.45 am

Best Bar: Boozer,Tropi (it plays trance every night)

Best Place to Eat: Coastline (tho we didnt eat very much)

Money Spent: £800 ish

Biggest Regret: none

Going Back?: definatly, every year until im dead

Top Tip: go on shipwreked boat party,,awsome!!

Dates you were there: 30th June - 5th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bossa Sol apartments, Playa d'en Bossa

Club nights visited: Release Yourself@Pacha, Ibiza Rocks (Wombats, Mystery Jets), Subliminal Sessions@Pacha, Be@Space, Pure Pacha

Best Night: Ibiza Rocks (Wombats, Mystery Jets)

Worst Night: None

Best Bar: Blue Marlin

Best Place to Eat: Sa Capella

Money Spent: £1,200

Biggest Regret: Not making it in time to see the sun setting next to Es Vedra

Going Back?: Yes - last week in August

Top Tip: get a car to tour the island; book a day bed at Blue Marlin - pure quality; go to Ibiza Rocks - refreshing alternative

Dates you were there: 2nd July - 12th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mar i Vent Apartmentos - San An Bay. Great for parties! Couldnt complain about location either, on the doorstep of Savannah and therefore the sunset strip

Club nights visited: Cream (PvD) @ Amnesia, Wonderland @ Eden, Something else @ Eden on Saturday night??? We Love @ Space, Tiesto @ Priv, Clubland @ Es Paradis, Meganite @ Priv

Best Night: Undecided between Cream & Tiesto, both really top nights

Worst Night: Saturday night in Eden, was a good nighht before and after Eden, but it wasnt up to much when we were inside

Best Bar: Amsterdam Bar...

Nah only joking! Either Linekears or a bar in the West End used for pre-parties which had good DJs on every night we were there and cheap enough drinks

Best Place to Eat: Enjoyed a small meal I had at Mambo, chicken and curry dip was delicious! Other than that the places we went were pretty average. Nice chicken dinner at the Fishermans Bar on the last night tho!

Money Spent: About £900

Biggest Regret: Not so much regrets, more things I couldnt fit in...

Going to We Love Sundays earlier in the night
Not visiting Bora Bora or Pacha
Not going to Manu

All of which were out of my hands and down to mates who couldnt handle a little hangover!

Going Back?: No doubt, either 2009 (for work hopefully) or September for the Closings

Top Tip: God, I'm not great at this, just go!

(And dont spend anything inside the clubs!)

Dates you were there: 05th -19th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jet Apartments, Playa D'en Bossa

Club nights visited: WLS, Cocoon x 2, Carl Cox x 2, Cream, Wonderland, Meganite

Best Night: Coccon both times and Wonderland

Worst Night: Cream - I have outgrown this now!

Best Bar: Bora Bora

Best Place to Eat: Passion - best breakfast ever

Money Spent: 2050 Euros :(

Biggest Regret: Spending too much in the first week and going to Cream

Going Back?: Definitely, hoping to get a weekend in September to go to DC10

Top Tip: Don't get too disheartened or be put off by all the stuff you read about changes to the island, your holiday is what you make of it. Its still the best place to go!

Dates you were there: 12/07/08-20/07/08

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Playa Bella Apartments San Antonio Bay

Club nights visited: Koolwaters@Eden, Subliminal@Pacha, Cream@Amnesia

Best Night: Cream@Amnesia

Worst Night: Subliminal@Pacha

Best Bar: Mr Toff

Best Place to Eat: Horizone, San Antonio Bay

Money Spent: 700 euros

Biggest Regret: Going to Pacha.

Going Back?: Next year

Top Tip: Avoid Pacha, get your tickets when your there. Shops such as Mega Music in the West End. Avoid buying from reps and off the streets.

4th year to Ibiza this year staying for the 2nd time at the Playa Bella Apartments. Had visited Eden and Amnesia before, wasnt let down yet again, got into Eden for free as Tiesto had drawn most of the clubbers to his night on Monday @ Privilege, it was a quiet night to begin with, but picked up @ 3am. For free, it was great, no complaints. Visited Amnesia as Cream is a must. What a fantastic night, the transformation of the terrace is brilliant, with an ice cannon which kind of beats the main rooms. Was slighlty overcrowded by about 3am, however what do you expect. Quality night all in all.
However, decided to visit Pacha this year. Big mistake, never have i had such a poor night. In general the music was okay to be fair, and its a really stunnig club, but there are far to many VIP areas and its not even the VIPS looking down on you. Everybody in there thinks they are something. Its rediculous, I was told Pacha was pretentious, buts thats being easy on them. They had ridiculously overcrowded the place, and Eric Morillo didnt get on until gone 4am, by which point Id had enough. No offence to thos that go and enjoy it, but for us ordinary clubbers like myself, avoid it, dont be taken for a mug. 34euros for 2 vodka red bulls, 50something euros to get in, not to mention cab fairs to and from San An, its a waste of moeny. If you want a class night, with a grwat set of people, visit Eden, Es Paradis, Amnesia etc.

Dates you were there:
5th July - 19th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Reco des Sol

Club nights visited:
Armada, Tiësto, Cream (twice!), Defected

Best Night:
Armada (Armin rocked, esp. when he played Cressida's 6AM!)

Worst Night:
Defected (Kenny Dope started with two-three huge tracks, the rest was ****.)

Best Bar:
Dune in Westend or Bay Bar

Best Place to Eat:
Villa Mercedes, a classy place with excellent food and live music

Money Spent:
about 1400 euros

Biggest Regret:
Spending too too much money on overexpensive drinks in clubs.

Going Back?:
Prolly!

Top Tip:
Get your ass to Formentera too, it's lovely. And always prefer the buses to taxis when possible.

Dates you were there:
12th to 16th July 2008 (combined holiday & Stag do)

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Playa Grande Apartments (PDB)
Not bad, pretty much everyone other than the stag party I was with were Italian (18-20).

Club nights visited:
Sun: WLS (Space)
Mon: Tiesto (Privelege)
Tues: Carl Cox (Space)

Best Night:
Tiesto, by a country mile (I must admit I am more into trance than house though)
Pro's: Size of club is immense, Production is absolutly amazing, Trancetastic set - after the early prog, banging trance from 4am till close ! Quality warm up from Sander Van Doorn.
Con's: Heat (has to be dangerous later in the season), way too packed, to many twatty scots from the West End chanting stupid songs, Camera was confiscated (even though everybody else seemed to have one..!?). Getting a taxi at 7am from Privilege is 'interesting'.

Worst Night:
WLS - I still enjoyed myself, don't misunderstand me, as did other members of the stag party. Maybe I was expecting too much from WLS. Music was sooo slooow in the main. Lots of posing & hair extensions.

Best Bar:
Tantra (PDB).. simply because this place seemed to have the best value tickets - speak to Mario, he will generally he will knock of 2-3e a ticket if he likes you. Often there is also buses to Amnesia & Privelege for free.

Best Place to Eat:
Sorry, can't answer I didn't eat much over the 4 days other than rubbish & breakfasts

Money Spent:
approx £500
possibly a £100 of that on water!!!

Biggest Regret:
I have two..
- Not getting to Space in the daylight (twice!)
- Not going to Amnesia on our last night. Plan was to go to Carl Cox & then Amnesia at 1am. Due to tiredness & a lack of funds we ended up staying in Space - still we still had a cracking night

Going Back?:
Well I'm 39 so possibly not. The cost of things has become pretty prohibitive, almost obscene.

Top Tip(s):
- Avoid the West End like the plague
- Tickets seem to be different prices wherever you are - ranges 5-10e cheaper/more expensive dependant on seller
- Both Carl Cox's night & WLS, if you go early enough you can get in for 15e
- Get the boat back from Ibiza Town to PDB (only 3.5e), it's quite good fun & beats the bus anyday

Dates you were there: 12.07-20.07/2008

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Mare Nostrum - Playa d'en Bossa

Club nights visited: We love Space @ Space, Tiesto @ Privilege, Armada @ Amnesia, F*** Me I'm Famous @ Pacha

Best Night: Armada @ Amnesia

Worst Night: F*** Me I'm Famous @ Pacha

Best Bar: mmm Zoo Bar, Dandy, Bora Bora

Best Place to Eat: boh :lol:

Money Spent: i don't know :lol: :rolleyes:

Biggest Regret: not going to Cream @ Amnesia on thursday night

Going Back?: of course, I hope in september!

Top Tip:

Dates you were there: 11/07/08 - 21/07/08

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): casa Alexander - 5 bedroom villa in Sta Gertrudis

Club nights visited: We love Sundays @ Space, Tiesto @ Privilege, Cream @ Amnesia

Best Night: Tiesto @ Privilege

Worst Night: none

Best Bar: Kasbah

Best Place to Eat: Kasbah

Best Beach - cala salada (over the rocks) to the next cove

Money Spent: €1500

Biggest Regret: not going to Cox & Digweed as we were done in from getting on it Friday - Monday non stop.

Going Back?: Not sure, totally overpriced now especially after a 7 year gap between my last visit

Top Tip: Buy 2 litres of duty free on your way out, get goodies sorted before getting out there, hire a quad or car to see the most of the island.

Dates you were there: Fri 27th June - Sun 13th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Nereida Apts (end of San An Bay) and Villa in Port es Torrent

Club nights visited: release yourself, Cream and F*** me I'm Famous

Best Night: F*** Me I'm Famous for sheer atmosphere

Worst Night: Release Yourself - because of the music

Best Bar: Mar Y Sol - Ibiza Town and Budon Bar Port es Torrent

Best Place to Eat: La Torre and La Olive

Money Spent: Never count - its Ibiza but more than last year

Biggest Regret: No regrets...

Going Back?: Yes

Top Tip: In Ibiza Town check out chupitos bar for club tix - seemed cheaper than anywhere else, also forget Base and Rock bars - drink at Mar Y Sol - cheap as chips and a great atmosphere - the clubbing crowds seem to congregate here rather than at the overpriced bars further up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: Mon 7th July - Wed 23rd July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bali Beach Apartments in Playa d'en Bossa

Club nights visited: We Love Space, Carl Cox & Friends (twice), Monday Calling, Be @ Space, & Cocoon

Best Night: Cocoon - Savage and Unprecedented

Best Set: John Digweed @ Space - A relentless wall of aural fury.

Worst Night: Monday Calling

Best Bar: Beach Palace in Playa d'en Bossa - Simply the best place to relax after a night of debauchery or in preperation for one.

Best Place to Eat: Some small family owned place just north of Santa Eulalia. Discovered it on my last visit and went back. Its like being invited to someones place for Paella.

Money Spent: Didn't count - Money Can't Buy Life.

Biggest Regret: Can't say I have one.

Going Back?: Yes (3rd time this year in Sep)

Top Tip: Don't be a sheep. Make the Island yours. Plan little and allow spontinaeity to take care of the rest.

Dates you were there: 24.06.2008 - 02.07.2008

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Apt in Figueretes

Club nights visited: La Troya @ Space, Matinée @ Space, Cocoon @ Amnesia

Best Night: Cocoon

Worst Night: La Troya was truly dissapointing this year

Best Bar: KM5

Best Place to Eat: La Oliva

Money Spent: dunno

Biggest Regret: no DC10 this year

Going Back?: maybe... NOT

Top Tip: go up north

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: June 30 - July 11

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Royal Hostal - San An

Club nights visited: Defected@Pacha, Cream@Amnesia, We Love@Space, Garlands@Eden

Best Night: Defected

Worst Night: None

Best Bar: Didn't do too many bars, The Ship in was where we all met before an evenings shinanigans kicked-off

Best Place to Eat: Sa Capella for pure indulgence, but also enjoyed La Olivia, El Rincon de Pepe, El Yate and Es Ventall

Money Spent: £1500 (wipes tear from eye)

Biggest Regret: Didn't hire a care for the first time in 4 years, spent to much time in San An

Going Back?: September 19 for a week

Top Tip: Hire a car, get out and about!

Dates you were there: July 16 - July 18 (stag do)

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel El Puerto, Ibiza Town - good location, rooms standard, view terrible!

Club nights visited: Subliminal and Kinky Malinki

Best Night: Subliminal - previous years been a bit to busy, this year just right, main floor packed but could walk round the club.

Worst Night: Kinky Malinki decided to go at 4am as tickets were only 8 euros and wanted to carry on. Club was really quiet but we still had a laugh on the dance floor.

Best Bar: Probably Zoo Bar. Base, Mambo and the like were very quiet.

Best Place to Eat: Was only there for two nights so eat crap. BK and pizzas.

Money Spent: £300

Biggest Regret: Wished we'd bothered to go to space on the Thursday night, had bands to get in free before 11pm and tickets were only 10euros anyway. My only thought was it might have been empty.

Going Back?: August 23rd for two weeks got a villa in Santa Gertrudis with the family and some friends. So this time it will be nice meals, nice beaches and a relaxing time with maybe one night of debauchery thrown in:D

Top Tip: Always barter for tickets

Dates you were there: 9 days, got back this morning.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): algarb, pdb

Club nights visited: carl cox, monza, zoo project, cocoon, we love...

Best Night: zoo project

Worst Night: erm, cocoon. class night just too busy for me this year

Best Bar: can't think... hush was still good as always but only popped in there briefly.

Best Place to Eat: didn't eat out much - was fully inclusive.

Best Beach - by our hotel. we are lazy.

Money Spent: £500 max.

Biggest Regret: none

Going Back?: yep, maybe for closings. if not, next year.

Top Tip: buy everything in bulk when you need supplies. glare back at the italians and don't be scared to tell them to f*ck off if they queue jump a taxi.

Dates you were there: Almost 2 weeks in July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Algarb

Club nights visited: Cream, WLS x2, Armada, People from Ibiza, Cocoon

Best Night: Cocoon by a million miles

Worst Night: WLS on the 27th July

Best Bar: Probably Beach Palace

Best Place to Eat: Yemanja / Sa Capella

Money Spent: Who cares?

Biggest Regret: Leaving

Going Back?: If I am lucky!! ;)

Top Tip: Sunglasses come in pretty handy when you stumble out of Es Vive into the bright 8am sunlight and help make the walk of shame down the beach (with little clubbing dress full of Jager stains and filthy heels firmly tucked under arm) a lot more pleasant!! ;) hmmmmm....

Dates you were there: 30/7/08 - 6/08/08

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Pacific - San An

Club nights visited: Meganite @ Privilege, Be @ Space, Manumission @ Amnesia, Cocoon @ Amnesia.

Best Night: Be @ Space

Worst Night: Meganite- purely on the basis that it wasn't busy and the Coco Loco room was closed. I can't fault the music.

Best Bar: Bar M

Best Place to Eat: Coastline Cafe

Money Spent: 850 Euros

Biggest Regret: None

Going Back?: Yes

Dates you were there: 31/07/2008 - 02/08/2008

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Catalina - San Ant

Club nights visited: Subliminal @ Pacha & Be @ Space

Best Night: Be @ Space - CLASS! Best kep secret of the Island!

Worst Night: Neither...

Best Bar: Savanah's

Best Place to Eat: Tijuaana's!!!!

Money Spent: 450 Euros (OUCH!)

Biggest Regret: None

Going Back?: Yes - 4 weeks and counting!! Bringing my daughter this time though... Don't think she'd be too happy listening to Techno @ 4am... LOL

Dates you were there: 26/07 - 09/08

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Villa between Sant Carles and Santa Eularia

Club nights visited: Wonderland @ Eden, Armada @ amnesia (2x), We love @ Space, FMIF @ Pacha, Tiesto @ Privilege

Best Night: Armada above anything.. Went there twice and had the best nights ever!

Worst Night: Probably Tiesto, expected al lot of that night. Ended up being unbelievebly hot and the music was poor..

Best Bar: Bora bora

Best Place to Eat: Grill restaurant in Sant Carles, forgot the name though..

Money Spent: Enough..

Biggest Regret: Not going to blu 6th of aug. where Sven vath played from 1:30 to like 6.. Entrance was only 10 eur.. Heard some workers talking about it but was too sceptical to believe em..

Going Back?: Most definitely

Top Tip:
- Look around for tickets, found a pizza place at the port in Eivissa town where ik got my wonderland tickets for 25 eur instead of 50 :)
- Never ever 'check out' the West end.. Even when going to see the sunset try to avoid as much of it as you can.
- Rent a car and explore the island.
- Talk to as much people as you can, workers often have the best tips about where to go etc...

Back