Top Tip:

sorry, but any posts straying off track will be deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: 1st - 8th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jet Apartments , Playa Den Bossa

Club nights visited: Space opening , Circoloco @ DC-10 opening

Best Night: Circoloco

Worst Night: -

Best Bar: The only bar we went to was Bora Bora so , Bora Bora !!

Best Place to Eat: Didn't do a lot of eating out, couldn't even tell you the names of the few places we did go to.

Money Spent: £600

Biggest Regret: not getting to Space opening earlier in the day to make the most of it before it got too busy, and again spending too much time partying or recovering and not seeing anything of the island apart from Playa Den Bossa , San Antonio and the road between them. When we took off to fly home we circled round above Es Vedra and I was looking at it and the island in general thinking 'I still haven't seen any of that place'

Going Back?: Maybe Septemeber

Top Tip: if you are staying at Jet Apartments , take ear plugs. Don't think I'd have slept without mines.

Dates you were there: 14 - 21 June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Private apartment, Talamanca

Club nights visited: We Love Sundays @ Space, Subliminal @ Pacha

Best Night: We Love.....

Worst Night: None

Best Bar: Don't really do bars

Best Place to Eat: Had sooooo many good meals - Cap des Falco, Pacha, Sa Punta, Khumaras were all excellent

Money Spent: I don't have anything to do with money but I'd guess a lot - everything seems to have sneaked up a few euros from previous years

Biggest Regret: No regrets

Going Back?: September for 10 days

Top Tip: Be prepared to make your own daytime post-clubbing minxiness now the official routes are no more :spank:

Ibiza 2008!! Amazing!!

Dates you were there: 9-17th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Central Playa , by the Port, cheap but not so fresh...

Club nights visited: Circoloco, deffected in the house- Pacha, Meganite-Prive, F*** me I´m famous- Pacha, DC10 at sat, We love space, Cocoon opening

Best Night: Circoloco and DC10 at saturday and also COCOON opening! :)

Worst Night: None!!!

Best Bar: Hm.. Have to say Bora-Bora, very soft place!

Best Place to Eat: We did´nt eat very much... Or anyway I did´nt had any extravagancy foodexperience

Money Spent: To much money, around 2000 eu.

Biggest Regret: I got to drunk on the Meganite opening party so i was home sleeping around 2...

Going Back?: YES! I´m checking everything right now for going back and work, a.s.a.p!!!!!!

Top Tip:

Dates you were there:

Friday 13th - 21st June 2008.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):

La Marina Hotel in Ibiza town. Lovely hotel, great room, beautiful resort.

Club nights visited:

Sunday @ Bora Bora, 'We Love' @ Space, 'Cocoon' Opening @ Amnesia, 'Meganite' @ Privilege

Best Night:

Cocoon Opening @ Amnesia: Sven Vath showing the pretenders how it's done. Best moment - me dancing like a maniac screaming 'This is ****in' techno!'

Worst Night:

'We Love' @ Space. Very disappointing. The club itself is amazing, but the music was mediocre at best, with no kick to it, very monotonous, basically music to pose to. Full of those DJ **** moments which do nothing for the crowd, where there's a big build up and then no breakdown, just sort of fades to nothing - rubbish, leaves you standing still on the dancefloor thinking 'I'd go for a drink but it would cost me 30 Euros.' Plus the crowd was ****e: rubbish atmosphere, full of professional posers, no one seemed to be enjoying themselves, nobody returned your smiles. I've never seen so many knob heads in ****ing sunglasses and hats in a dark club - what does that say? it says 'don't talk to me, I'm not here to interact, I'm here to be seen.'

'We Love'? Forget the hype - save your money. Don't go.

Best Bar:

Noctambula in Sa Penya, Ibiza Town. Not easy to find in the labyrinthine little streets behind the harbour, but worth the effort in the end. A really nice little place. When we went it was a bit too quiet to really have the best atmosphere, but still...

Best Place to Eat:

We had some really great seafood in a couple of places, but the Bora Bora restaurant stands out - reasonable prices there too.

Money Spent:

About £1500 (and we bought some of our club tickets in advance)!

Biggest Regret:

Going to 'We Love' instead of 'Circo Loco' the next day. Also, the fact that Mauro Picotto pulled out of Meganite at the last minute because of the birth of his baby, and the club didn't replace him or offer refunds or anything, which I thought was pretty lame - they just asked the supporting DJ's to play for longer - meaning the music all night was like an extended warm up set. This was a real shame because the crowd at Meganite was brilliant - really up for it and totally non-pretentious.

Also, the drinks prices in clubs - that's more of a complaint than a regret but it has to be said. I knew they would be expensive, extortionate even, but they were beyond that - they were ****ing hilarious. Such naked bare-faced exploitation after you've already payed a fair bit for the entrance ticket can tend to take the edge off. I may be old school in this regard, but I don't want to have to suck the cock of capitalism whilst I'm trying to have a great time in a club - or what is raving all about?

Going Back?:

Yes, next year for sure. On the other hand, I might go to Sonar instead... not sure.

Top Tip:

Go in June. Stay in Ibiza town. Alternate one night clubbing and one night dining/drinking - you get more out of the holiday that way.

Oh yes, and don't go to 'We Love', unless you're a pretentious twat.

Dates you were there: 30 May to 6 June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Cala Gracio/El Coto

Club nights visited: Space Opening Fiesta/ F**k me I'm Famous Pacha

Best Night: Space Opening Fiests - until it just got far too busy for my own enjoyment.

Worst Night: None really well apart from when I had a nasty fall due to a dodgy pavement and injured my back and still suffering from it :spank:

Best Bar: Did not go to many bars but really enjoyed the evening I had in the cocktail lounge at Villa Mercedes. Lounged about on the beds drinking mojitos. It was ace.

Best Place to Eat: Mirage (Santa Eulalia Marina) great brekfast and lunch menu.

Money Spent: Somewhere in the region of £1200/1300? Everything seemed more expensive, especially the drinks in Pacha, they have gone up a bit. Also with the poor exchange rate it feels like a rip off.

Biggest Regret: Going so early in the season, I want to go back already and also the weather is better in mid/late June when I normally go.

Going Back?: Giving it a miss in September this year but already making plans to go back next June with our friends. It was only the two of us. The first time Kaz and I have been in Ibiza alone for about 4 years.

Top Tip: See the Island, its so important for me now that I get out in the car and see places.

Dates you were there: 4th - 14th june

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): apartamentos rossello, round the back of ibiza town

Club nights visited: Underground opening party, circoloco

Best Night: both nights out were a definite 10/10

Worst Night: none

Best Bar: A proper spanish bar in ibiza town, can't remember the name - nice wines and snacks, lovely people. Sunset in plaza del parque. Ashram.

Best Place to Eat: Mmmmm, so many. El Ayoun. 'exclusivo...' as it says on ibiza global radio, for which, read 'expensivo...' but couldn't fault the food, setting and service. Also La Brasa, Cap des Falco and El Bistro for fantastic food in beautiful surroundings.
Best place to eat of all - sunset picnic at torre del pirata overlooking es vedra.

Money Spent: A lot, but not as much as previous years as we only had 2 nights out clubbing.

Biggest Regret: The season was only just kicking off - we usually go a week later, but couldn't this year as we had a wedding.

Going Back?: of course

Top Tip: hire a car. drive around, explore, enjoy.

Dates you were there: 20th - 28th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Central Apartments, San An

Club nights visited: Release yourself @ Pacha, Garlands @ Eden, water party @ Es Paradis, Cream @ Amnesia

Best Night: Cream

Worst Night: There wasnt one

Best Bar: Bora Bora. Loved it so much.

Best Place to Eat: I didnt eat alot.

Money Spent: £350

Biggest Regret: Not finding out Richards last name. He was at Garlands and Cream and suggested Bora Bora. If you know him, tell me!
Oh and should have went to space instead of staying in!

Going Back?: Yes in September!! But staying in PDB

Top Tip: Barter with PR to get best deals.

Dates you were there: 18 - 27 June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Gran Sol, San An & El Puerto, Ibiza town

Club nights visited: Louie Vega @ El Divino, Defected @ Pacha

Best Night: Louie Vega was SUPERB!

Worst Night:

Best Bar: The new improved El Viper Bar in San An.

Best Place to Eat: Es Ventall in San An & La Torreta in Ibiza town

Money Spent: Not sure.

Biggest Regret: Not eating more!

Going Back?: Probably.

Top Tip:

Dates you were there: 21-28 June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Casa Luis Apartments in Santa Eulalia. We were so glad that we stayed in Santa Eulalia because we could really chill out during the day and if we were up for partying at night we went to Ibiza town.

Club nights visited: Cocoon @ Amnesia and Monza @ Privilege

Best Night: Cocoon @ Amnesia. Steve Bug really got us going and Magda and Richie Hawtin were excellent too. The crowd was great and the atmosphere was amazing.

Worst Night: None

Best Bar: Went to loads but can't remember any names. Guarana in Santa Eulalia was nice and really good cocktails but was really quiet everytime we went there. Bora Bora was fun but was disappointed with the music the first dj played trance anthems from the 90's which was really not my thing. Loads of good bars in Ibiza town.

Best Place to Eat: Any of the restaurants on the street of restaurants in Santa Eulalia are amazing. Really good food at really reasonable rates. Dinner for 2 with 2 beers usually costed between 30 and 45 euro.

Money Spent: Around €800. We ate our dinner and lunch out every day and had cocktails every night. We only had 2 big nights where we went to clubs. I knew the prices of drinks in Amnesia before I went so they didn't shock me, what did was the size of the water bottles. I expected to at least get a 500ml bottle of water if you're paying €10 for one, they were tiny!!
I got a nice surprise then when I went to Privilege and the drinks were all a few euro cheaper.
Overall I didn't find things overpriced but then again I'm living in Ireland where everything is way overpriced.

Biggest Regret: None.

Going Back?: Definitely next year.

Top Tip:If you are staying outside the nightlife areas like I was then use the Bus service. It's so cheap and reliable.
Also be careful in the clubs if you are doing anything dodgy we spotted undercover police in Amnesia and we saw some poor guy being dragged into a private room in Bora Bora by police.

Dates you were there: 24-28 June.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Rented villa in between Ibiza Town and Sant Josep.

Club nights visited: Defected @ Pacha, Made in Italy @ Amnesia, F*** Me I'm Famous @ Pacha and Wonderland @ Eden.

Best Night: Defected @ Pacha. The right amount of people, not too crowded and definitely not empty, very good music. Plus it was our first night out.

Worst Night: None.

Best Bar: Jockey Club at the wonderful Ses Salines beach.

Best Place to Eat: We ate at home every now and then to save up but I would recommend eating out in Sant Josep. It's a nice little town where you can sit back, relax and have a good meal away from all the craziness of Ibiza Town or Sant Antoni.

Money Spent: Around €900. Club nights weren't cheap but nothing far from expected.

Biggest Regret: Leaving.

Going Back?: Definitely.

Top Tip: Renting a villa away from the main cities (Sant Antoni, Ibiza Town) worked out well for us. It was nice to be able to go back home after the beach, relax, and get ready for the long night out.

Dates you were there: 22nd - 27th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Apartmentos Es Canto Bossa

Club nights visited: We Love..@ Space, Cocoon

Best Night: Cocoon - Phenomenal, have not had a night as good as that in a long time, it gave me goose bumps :eek:

Worst Night: None.

Best Bar: Bora Bora!

Best Place to Eat: We only had 2 meals in 6 days but the pizzas in Bora Bora were lush

Money Spent: About £400

Biggest Regret: Leaving. I was extremely close to not getting my flight, withdrawing all of my wages so no bills or direct debits came out and just staying there for the season :(

Going Back?: Yep, in August!

Top Tip: eat lollipops in clubs as they stimulate your salavia so you don't feel the need to drink as much water!

Counting down the days until I go back

Dates you were there: 14th June-24th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bellamar Appts San Antonio Bay

Club nights visited: Circo Loco, Cocoon, Monza, Zoo Project, Cocoon Mnus Party

Best Night: Cocoon M nus party

Worst Night: probably circo for no other reason than the police outside

Best Bar: we were only in a couple but Villa Mercedes

Best Place to Eat: again villa mercedes, had this gorgeous chicken in a mushroom sauce, was delicious!

Money Spent: just under £800

Biggest Regret: not going to the zoo project earlier

Going Back?: yip, september for 10 days!

Top Tip:[/quote] hire a car and see more of the island,

• you know the formula

Dates you were there: 23 June - 3 July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Osiris; San An Bay

Club nights visited: tidy vs riot; Cream; Judgement Sunday; Armada

Best Night: all of them for different reasons

Worst Night: none

Best Bar: Kanya

Best Place to Eat: Sa Punta Des Moli

Money Spent: about £800

Biggest Regret: not being able to return in september!

Going Back?: next June

Top Tip: if you like Trance, go to Armada over Cream; you get the same tunes; quality DJ's; half price entry (if you're a girl!!) and its busy but not overcrowded. :D

Dates you were there:
26/6- 01/07

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Hotel Gran Sol (San Antonio (recommend)

Club nights visited: Wonderland (Eden) , Judgement Sundays (Eden) (drinks: water 7E , Coke 7E , Beer 9E, vodka&coke 11E)

Best Night: Judgement Sundays (simply for the great crowd)

Worst Night:

Best Bar: Bar M

Best Place to Eat: I enjoyed a nice goats cheese salad at Cafe Mambo with a few drinks overlooking the sea and the place was faily quiet (about 1pm). Also a nice German place looking onto Figueretas beach (Ibiza town) .

Money Spent: About £600

Biggest Regret: Not cramming more into the few days we were there , and meeting up with more people.

Going Back?: Probably, but the many UK festivals look very tempting and alot cheaper...ok I know they are not Ibiza.

Top Tip: 1) Buy tickets when you are out there as there seemed to be better deals to be had this year than anywhere on the intenet , often including free drinks.
2) Never get drunk and walk home alone, there are some nasty people lurking in the shadows look after your friends make sure they and you get home ok.
3) sleep when you can , you will enjoy the party more the next night.
4) get the bus instead of a cab if its convienient , its a damn sight cheaper.
5) explore the island ...something i still have yet to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: 28th June - 5th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Marco Polo 2 in San Antonio

Club nights visited: We Love @Space,Made In Italy@ Amnesia,Mondo Loco@ Eden

Best Night: Made In Italy@ Amnesia.Was really surprised by this night.The terrace wasn't very busy but the Main room had a good crowd and the tunes were excellent so we stayed in there all night and i loved every minute of it.

Worst Night: Mondo Loco@ Eden.Our hotel was right beside it and we recieved free tickets so we went in for 10mins to see what it was like.Just like a club back home i wouldn't waste a night going to it.

Best Bar: Mambo

Best Place to Eat: The only nice places we ate in were Mambo and Savanah.We didn't want to spend alot on food so we mostly ate junk food.Most of the normal "resturants" in San Antonio were terrible and serve you frozen food you would make at home.

Money Spent: £1100

Biggest Regret: I have alot of regrets.I had an amazing time and it was easily the best holiday i have had but it could have been alot better.I wanted to go to alot of club nights but ended up drinking etc from i woke up till i slept so missed alot of nights due to either sleeping or feeling too ill.

Going Back?:For sure.Already i can't wait for next year and the feeling of regret is making it worse.

Top Tip:Spend some time recovering during the day if you plan on going out.It will make for a better holiday.

Dates you were there: 29th June - 6th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Playa Bella Apartments - San Antonio Bay

Club nights visited: Wonderland @ Eden

Best Night: Wonderland @ Eden

Worst Night: First night - Thursday night

Best Bar: Cafe Itaca

Best Place to Eat: Savannah or Mambo

Money Spent: £700

Biggest Regret: Misses getting Food Poisoning the day we landed - she spent all day wednesday in san antonio hospital for 13 hours on a drip.

Going Back?: Yeah too right - to have the holiday we never had!

Top Tip: Do not eat a chicken kebab the night before you fly!

Dates you were there: 4th - 9th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Nautico Ebeso, Figuerates

Club nights visited: Pacha Classics, Carl Cox Opening

Best Night: Pacha Classics,

Worst Night: Carl Cox Opening

Best Bar: I'm going to go out on a limb here - whilst by nature and age we are more Ibiza Town folk, Savannah in San An was the right bar in the right place at the right time.

Best Place to Eat: La Bodega, Ibiza Town, Tapas from the Gods.

Money Spent: £450

Biggest Regret: That my friends got ill, that I did not feel it at Cos, that we got smashed post Pacha instead of sleeping.

Going Back?: A big question & I do not know yet. Let me sleep and chew the fat with my friends!

Top Tip: Hire the car.

Dates you were there: 1st - 8th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Calas de Ibiza, San An Bay

Club nights visited: Cream @ Amnesia, Mondo Loco @ Eden, WLS @ Space & Tiesto Opening @ Privilege

Best Night: Every club night was great although WLS was something else, amazing club and Felix was superb. Tiesto was also a fantastic nite.

Worst Night: Mondo Loco @ Eden; Was only in for a bit with a free ticket. Was pretty good and would have stayed longer if Space wasn't the next day. Can't moan at a free ticket.

Best Bar: Savannah's or Bar M

Best Place to Eat: Koppas next to the west end was decent; nothing blew me away the whole week though.

Money Spent: Around £750

Biggest Regret: Wasting money on food/beer @ 7 in the morning. Although i spent less than i had perdicited so can't complain.

Going Back?: I hope so, although probably not until 2010 or 2011; some travelling next.

Top Tip: Don't sleep all day, eat well & drink plenty of fluids. Also make use of any free passes you get.

Dates you were there: 4-11th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Brisa San Antonio

Club nights visited:Wonderland @ eden,Fiesta del aqua-es paradis,we love space,cocoon amnesia,Carl cox @ space,sublimal sessions pacha,cream amnesia

Best Night: carl cox at space for the opening

Worst Night: fiesta del aqua es paradis

Best Bar: Joe spoons irish bar chessy but good fun

Best Place to Eat: Club sandwich

Money Spent: 1200

Biggest Regret: Not going to Bora Bora

Going Back?: yes definitly

Top Tip: dont stay in the west end for your whole trip

Back