Teachers

I have an objective opinion based on teachers I know well. You have a subjective opinion based on an (understandable) emotional attachment to a teacher.

I've admitted that 'part time job' jibe was overstating my case, in reaction to the institutionalised mindset of the teaching profession. You believe as you will - it's quite obvious to an objective eye where the truth lies.

We will have to agree to disagree, I'm done with this :D

Well, the one thing I can say is that in the Independent Boarding School sector you can forget about snow days and school closures as a teacher. The kids are where they need to be to get their education and the Institutions are manned to deliver it. May have many other unpopular and controversial aspects to it but a lack of teacher commitment ain't one of them.

So I can't generalize about teachers per se on the attendance front. I have heard a great deal of moaning over the years about how relentless and stressful the job is. I've no doubt it isn't the easiest in many ways but there are few jobs with that amount of time off per year (giving flexibility for enjoying other things like travelling whilst still having a predicatble secure monthly paycheck) and an index linked (albeit eroding - like everyone else's) pension to look forward to. Some even have free homes out of necessity to make sure they are always on call - meaning they can buy their own and have someone else rent it to pay the mortgage off. The real value of the package for what is called for is pretty decent on the whole.

Yeah, truce is fine with me. Well played. :D
It was just getting good. In all professions/work-places you have 3 kinds of people
1. Superstars does it all and in a great manner
2. Average does the work in a satisfactory manner no fuss no muss
3. those that do enough not to get sh1t canned

My opinion feel free to sling arrows

I have an objective opinion based on teachers I know well. You have a subjective opinion based on an (understandable) emotional attachment to a teacher.

I've admitted that 'part time job' jibe was overstating my case, in reaction to the institutionalised mindset of the teaching profession. You believe as you will - it's quite obvious to an objective eye where the truth lies.

May I just point out that an opinion is never objective...

31-year-old teacher Simon Williams told us, “I went into teaching a bright-eyed 21 year-old thinking I’d be a millionaire at 35 and ready to retire by the time I was 40.”

Thats funny! I went into my job as a bright eyed 22 year old knowing that I would be working shifts well into my fifties including most weekends and financially just able to keep my head above water.

Mate has just quit his job to train at 37. I'd be tempted if it were not for the money (how much they earn and stopping work for however long to train) - I'm organised, work hard and can communicate I put these skills to basically taking money off schools to pay for their designs and construction, would be nice to jack it in an teach. Never going to happen mind, my mate does yoga and has genuine empathy for others.

Dear god, that is terrible, the parents posting abuse are nailed on the be avid Jeremy Kyle addicts.

Should be instant expulsion and have sink hole schools for the dead beats.

I was far from an angel during my school days but always respected the teachers and feared the cane..

Who would want to teach in one of those schools though?

Back