swine flu?

Someone in out client office has it - staying put at home now and told to rest, drink plenty of fluids and dose up on Ibruprofen

Its inevitable if you work in mass offices and the Government office they work in has about 3,000 staff in on a daily basis

I dont know anybody yet, but a few from our area have it including the guy who died last week :eek:

Few people at work feel "fluey"

I know 1 person, and apparently theres a few folk in my building off with it now as well. My flatmates also work in busy offices as well as a University, and one just got back from TITP.

So I'm kinda awaiting the inevitable... However, is it not just like flu? I mean, you can die from Flu anyway so I'm not overly worried. I'm more worried I catch it and pass it on to my parents or something.

I know 1 person, and apparently theres a few folk in my building off with it now as well. My flatmates also work in busy offices as well as a University, and one just got back from TITP.

So I'm kinda awaiting the inevitable... However, is it not just like flu? I mean, you can die from Flu anyway so I'm not overly worried. I'm more worried I catch it and pass it on to my parents or something.

That was what I was really worried about - when the folks were over - dad has a bad heart and any infection he gets goes straight to the valves due to some weird heart thingy he has - so I was bricking it in case he picked up something off the flight - fingers crossed he's ok..... - he's been back a couple of days now and he seems ok (so far anyway ........)

A lot of it will be down to mass paranoia which will result in everybody turning into a Hypochondriac !

If anybody coughs funny or feels bad, next thing you know is that they are suffering from "Swine Flu".

I can tell you, if you get swine flu.....you wont get a chance to tell anybody about it!

I'm not at all worried about it. Should I be?

The terrorist threat had a nasty impact on me but I'm more than happy to take deep breaths of H1N1 infested air on the tube for some reason.

Gosh - hope I'm not dead next week.

I guess this would be a great obituary quote if I did. :confused:

A lot of it will be down to mass paranoia which will result in everybody turning into a Hypochondriac !

If anybody coughs funny or feels bad, next thing you know is that they are suffering from "Swine Flu".

I can tell you, if you get swine flu.....you wont get a chance to tell anybody about it![/QUOTE]

Really Dr Bez??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not at all worried about it. Should I be?

The terrorist threat had a nasty impact on me but I'm more than happy to take deep breaths of H1N1 infested air on the tube for some reason.

Gosh - hope I'm not dead next week.

I guess this would be a great obituary quote if I did. :confused:

I am of the same opinion.....:oops:

I havent once really thought about it.....not to the point of scaring myself I may catch it on the plane/train to work!

Remember the Avian Flu from a couple of years ago??? when everybody stopped eating chicken and poultry products because of the fear of infected birds from china??

There was even a "Bird watch" defence just in case some infected bird landed on British soil before being interrogated by MI5!

Do you recall anybody developing Avian Flu at the time?

Only thing that happened was the rush on KFC and Duck spring rolls when all the hype and paranoia died down.

Human Swine flu is just another scare. Highly unlikely that anybody will catch it, (unless you live on a Mexican pig farm) so don't loose any sleep over it. You have a better chance of being run over by a bus than developing a terminal case of Swine Flu.
Young children and people with weakened immune systems are most at risk.

Hi Pupplover....what type of DR would you like me to be;)

just heard the swine flu is in ibiza,supposed to be in the zodiac apartments bad buzz hope its not there when i head out.

Remember the Avian Flu from a couple of years ago??? when everybody stopped eating chicken and poultry products because of the fear of infected birds from china??

There was even a "Bird watch" defence just in case some infected bird landed on British soil before being interrogated by MI5!

Only thing that happened was the rush on KFC and Duck spring rolls when all the hype and paranoia died down.

Human Swine flu is just another scare. Highly unlikely that anybody will catch it, (unless you live on a Mexican pig farm) so don't loose any sleep over it. You have a better chance of being run over by a bus than developing a terminal case of Swine Flu.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Avian flu contracted from human to human, whereas Swine flu has...

The helpline I had to phone before I was going Mexico told me the exact same thing........

the goverment said by end of aug gonna be 100,000 new cases a day in the uk...............
IM WORRIED IBIZA ON SEP 12TH
wanna catch it now and not sep lol lol lol

A new strain of Flu could potentially wipe out millions of people though. Its hardly a myth.

They are better to be prepared for the worse than to do nothing at all.

With regards to Bird Flu, I was at the exact spot it first made landfall in the UK a matter of days before it hit the news! A tiny little tucked away place called Cellardyke in Fife! (Where else?!)(i think only Boytros off here would understand where I'm talking about!).

Back