Swine Flu

Don't you start - someones already had a "pop" at me on Facebook for wanting to go away and feeling a bit frustrated about my holiday. I am a terrible person.

:lol:

ignore them - :lol::lol::lol: anyway - why would you want to go to Mexico - the photos of Cancun in the rags today show it like 28 days later - The Hilton Hotel has no one lying round its 8 pools.... be a dead boring holiday.:cry:

ignore them - :lol::lol::lol: anyway - why would you want to go to Mexico - the photos of Cancun in the rags today show it like 28 days later - The Hilton Hotel has no one lying round its 8 pools.... be a dead boring holiday.:cry:

Thats what I am thinking......I had so many things planned that I wanted to do out there. Half of it probably isnt going on now.

first case of swine flu confirmed in Newcastle - apparently some student/or someone in a student house or something..

Last edited by a moderator:
IBIZA :D:D:D

when is your hol planned for?

20th June so 7 weeks time.......its too far away at the moment for the travel agents to consider. We can go elsewhere I think (if the situation doesnt change).

I am contemplating 2 weeks in Ibiza...not 2 weeks of carnage obviously but be nice to go back and have the odd night out, bit of exploring....

A weekend indoors then!

http://www.thelondondailynews.com/city-alert-swine-could-kill-94000-londoners-p-2819.html

"North London 'worst hit'The projections suggested the boroughs most severely affected would be Ealing, with 4,235 deaths, and Barnet, with 4,113 deaths.
Planners are working on the basis of up to 2,500 flu-related deaths in a typical borough.
The organisation’s crisis plan says:
"The influenza pandemic will result in a large number of deaths throughout London. This means planning for approximately 94,000 possible excess deaths.
The aim is to minimise the possible social and economic disruption to the population in the vent of an outbreak of a pandemic.""

A weekend indoors then!

http://www.thelondondailynews.com/city-alert-swine-could-kill-94000-londoners-p-2819.html

"North London 'worst hit'The projections suggested the boroughs most severely affected would be Ealing, with 4,235 deaths, and Barnet, with 4,113 deaths.
Planners are working on the basis of up to 2,500 flu-related deaths in a typical borough.
"The influenza pandemic will result in a large number of deaths throughout London. This means planning for approximately 94,000 possible excess deaths.
The aim is to minimise the possible social and economic disruption to the population in the vent of an outbreak of a pandemic.""

scaremongerer!!!! :lol:

A weekend indoors then!

Jeez - did you rip that off www.scaremongerer.co.uk ???

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, better to be over prepared than under.

What ever happend to the plague? I miss ye olde, 'rat flu' ... I think THAT was a disease you'd **** your pants at.

We had a bbq at work today.... NO PORK ON MY FORK!!!! .. Beef yes, pork, I'm gonna pass. ... Besides, pigs are cute. .. Even if they do bring about the downfall of humanity :D

Just been watching Newsnight. 100,000 cases are expected in the UK by the end of Aug. People who are 'healthy'/non pregnant will be told to stay @ home avec no medication. Despite being near the front of the queue, by then, Britain will have no vaccination program in place. 25% of US swine flu deaths have been amongst those considered to be 'healthy'.

I don't feel very well.

Hope you had a good time!!! I know a couple of people who bought cheap deals when the flu was first announced and are going next month and I think people have got as much chance of getting it here now as there, especially where I am in Birmingham!

Back