Swine Flu

what was it i heard, two people in the UK with a mild case, spent a day in a hospital bed............then went home.:lol::lol::lol:
That's what's so perplexing thus far.

The 50-odd cases in the US and various countries overseas have tended to be mild.

In Mexico, something like 10% of the ~1500 cases have been fatal. And to normally healthy people in the 20-50 range.

I think it's some sort of Aztec curse :lol: As soon as you leave the area, you get over it just fine!

a tad bit too late now.

in the last few days how many people have come and travelled in and out of Mexico and beyond?

I just dont know what to do, we are meant to be paying the rest of ours on Saturday and I really still want to go! :cry:

well, the AIDS problem globally could easily be controlled if treated by the drugs that already exist. it's a common theme that the west keeps the developing world in the grip of war and disease in order to it subservient.

well, the west funds and supports wars in developing countries and the drugs that could stop millions of deaths from AIDS sit on shelves in cashville, wyoming because johnson and johnson only made 10 billion profit last year.

it's not really a conspiracy either, cos everyone knows about it.

Is there a possibility it could be worse in Mexico because they have a massive Methdemic?

See, Meth/Ice etc is made from Sudafedrin (I think thats what its called and how you spell it) but it's the **** they put in SUDAFED. (See where I'm going with this?)

Now, if you make Sudafed, a leading FLU tablet harder to obtain due to its ingrediants being used to make illegal drugs, when the Flu hits, aren't you more likely to have those people cop it more severely?

Is there a possibility it could be worse in Mexico because they have a massive Methdemic?

See, Meth/Ice etc is made from Sudafedrin (I think thats what its called and how you spell it) but it's the **** they put in SUDAFED. (See where I'm going with this?)

Now, if you make Sudafed, a leading FLU tablet harder to obtain due to its ingrediants being used to make illegal drugs, when the Flu hits, aren't you more likely to have those people cop it more severely?
I don't think there's much of a meth problem in Mexico. You're thinking of the US midwest.

And serious cases of flu are treated with strong antiviral drugs, not any of the things you'd find in Sudafed.

That's what's so perplexing thus far.

The 50-odd cases in the US and various countries overseas have tended to be mild.

In Mexico, something like 10% of the ~1500 cases have been fatal. And to normally healthy people in the 20-50 range.

I think it's some sort of Aztec curse :lol: As soon as you leave the area, you get over it just fine!

Apparently the last pandemic of Spanish flu (can't remember when, around WW1 possibly...!) started mild then a month later kicked in in hardcore style. So I was told by a doctor... Sounds ominous :eek:

well, the AIDS problem globally could easily be controlled if treated by the drugs that already exist. it's a common theme that the west keeps the developing world in the grip of war and disease in order to it subservient.

well, the west funds and supports wars in developing countries and the drugs that could stop millions of deaths from AIDS sit on shelves in cashville, wyoming because johnson and johnson only made 10 billion profit last year.

it's not really a conspiracy either, cos everyone knows about it.
You and your conspiracies :lol:

Corporations are not required to give away their extra stockpiles of drugs to poor nations. Sure, it'd be a nice thing to do, or even better if rich governments bought up the drugs and distributed them, but the fact that they don't doesn't constitute an attempt to keep poor nations in disease! It's just reality. They've got r&d costs and shareholders to think about... that's their jobs.

Wars in the 3rd world is a different issue. We have tended to support wars in developing countries, although I would say that's less a problem now than it was during the Cold War.

Im very savage about the whole situation.....myself and about 25 others were due to fly out on may 20th for my sisters big day in cancun, shes in bits right now. Hopefully going to try and get it exchanged to somewhere else

You and your conspiracies :lol:

Corporations are not required to give away their extra stockpiles of drugs to poor nations. Sure, it'd be a nice thing to do, or even better if rich governments bought up the drugs and distributed them, but the fact that they don't doesn't constitute an attempt to keep poor nations in disease! It's just reality. They've got r&d costs and shareholders to think about... that's their jobs.

Wars in the 3rd world is a different issue. We have tended to support wars in developing countries, although I would say that's less a problem now than it was during the Cold War.

it's not really a conspiracy is it.

i don't expect these companies to give it away for nothing, but strike a deal to allow generics of their patented drugs to be used in real problem areas, come on man, when did we lose our humanity. the developing world is clearly kept in its place because decade after decade, the decision makers say things like "we must rid the 3rd world of bla bla bla" or "AIDS will be eradicated bla bla bla". the way to do it is all there, when we only deal with these issues based on economics, then we're already too far down the road.

i don't care if they have shareholders to pay, it's immoral. the same invading other countries so that you can control their oil supply or installing a president for an ally is immoral.

here is a quote that says it all....

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems." (Gandhi)

Im very savage about the whole situation.....myself and about 25 others were due to fly out on may 20th for my sisters big day in cancun, shes in bits right now. Hopefully going to try and get it exchanged to somewhere else

I know how you feel, we are in limbo about ours as its not straight away (20th June) but who knows what could happen by then.

I dont know who you are flying with but Thomson reckon they will have a decision by tonight........

very true, its all a bit up in the air at the moment. We booked with thomas cook. My sisters been intouch with the travel agents and is trying to transfer us all somewhere else. Just waiting for the phonecall. Shame really, been getting quite excited these last couple of weeks!lol

very true, its all a bit up in the air at the moment. We booked with thomas cook. My sisters been intouch with the travel agents and is trying to transfer us all somewhere else. Just waiting for the phonecall. Shame really, been getting quite excited these last couple of weeks!lol

Keep positive!! You might be ok. Just then you need to decide if you want to go......

iti don't expect these companies to give it away for nothing, but strike a deal to allow generics of their patented drugs to be used in real problem areas, come on man, when did we lose our humanity. the developing world is clearly kept in its place because decade after decade, the decision makers say things like "we must rid the 3rd world of bla bla bla" or "AIDS will be eradicated bla bla bla". the way to do it is all there, when we only deal with these issues based on economics, then we're already too far down the road.
People are instinctively driven by self interest. Corporations are made up of people and are therefore a massive amplification of that instinct!

On the upside, I think generics of a lot of the AIDS drugs should already or soon be available... quite a bit of time has now passed since the early treatments were developed.

moral of the story, just avoid any mexican pig shaggers and you should be ok

an old spanish relative of mine told me that in the old days in remote areas, farmers would introduce their teenage sons to livestock 'to show them how it's done' :twisted:

moral of the story, just avoid any mexican pig shaggers and you should be ok

an old spanish relative of mine told me that in the old days in remote areas, farmers would introduce their teenage sons to livestock 'to show them how it's done' :twisted:

and you are living proof that man and animal can procreate.

i think you may have walked into that one. ;)

and you are living proof that man and animal can procreate.

i think you may have walked into that one. ;)

you're like the unfunny kunt who reads the joke in the xmas cracker and nobody laughs (except the embarrassing uncle in the corner)

Apparently the last pandemic of Spanish flu (can't remember when, around WW1 possibly...!) started mild then a month later kicked in in hardcore style. So I was told by a doctor... Sounds ominous :eek:

especially given that global travel was limited to ships.

still, viruses are bastards and will be on this planet long after the human race have been killed off.

especially given that global travel was limited to ships.

still, viruses are bastards and will be on this planet long after the human race have been killed off.

This is true, but also during the past pandemic general public health, hygiene and communication were very poor relative to today, therefore the risk of a pandemic taking a foothold today is far less.

There was at least twice as many killed in the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic than in WW1 itself. How cruel is that?

Poor buggers must have thought "great! the war's over!" then this was round the corner for them...:confused:

There was at least twice as many killed in the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic than in WW1 itself. How cruel is that?

Poor buggers must have thought "great! the war's over!" then this was round the corner for them...:confused:

50mil dead and 40% of the worlds population infected at that time too.

popped into the shops and saw the headlines. scaremongering at its best.

back to the drugs companies - i personally do find it hard to believe that there is no cure for the common cold.

Back