Swine Flu

Im very savage about the whole situation.....myself and about 25 others were due to fly out on may 20th for my sisters big day in cancun, shes in bits right now. Hopefully going to try and get it exchanged to somewhere else

I know how you feel, we are in limbo about ours as its not straight away (20th June) but who knows what could happen by then.

I dont know who you are flying with but Thomson reckon they will have a decision by tonight........

With both being quite a while away i'd say you'll be ok. But as its a wedding then you obviously need to exchange it asap !!

I was meant to be getting a last minute deal for this week, to recuperate. Now theyre offering me Punta Cana :rolleyes:

Woohoo! We've got one in Moscow. Let the fun begin!

They stopped him because he had a temperature (they said they'd start screening for that for people flying from Mexico and the US this week)... but that wouldn't have stopped him from spreading it on the plane. :confused: He was on a connecting flight from Paris, according to the map pin. (now I have to go look up more info!)

It's amazing how quickly these things can spread... look at that map. 4 continents and about 15 countries in a matter of days.

2 cases in the Balearics too :confused:

They stopped him because he had a temperature (they said they'd start screening for that for people flying from Mexico and the US this week)... but that wouldn't have stopped him from spreading it on the plane. :confused: He was on a connecting flight from Paris, according to the map pin. (now I have to go look up more info!)

It's amazing how quickly these things can spread... look at that map. 4 continents and about 15 countries in a matter of days.

so what should we do, run for the hills or what??

so what should we do, run for the hills or what??
Yes!! :lol:

Not trying to spread panic. Just pointing out how interesting it is to observe (and hoping it remains just observation!)

I was just thinking about the theory of this being a biological weapons attack or the like. There might be some evidence to support this... what if it was and it was released in Mexico? A lot of people there are dying from the disease. But by the time it hits a second or third infectee (the hapless tourists that have been spreading this), the virus has mutated into a weaker version of itself through poor replication, and that's why the travelers aren't as sick :confused:

Yes!! :lol:

Not trying to spread panic. Just pointing out how interesting it is to observe (and hoping it remains just observation!)

I was just thinking about the theory of this being a biological weapons attack or the like. There might be some evidence to support this... what if it was and it was released in Mexico? A lot of people there are dying from the disease. But by the time it hits a second or third infectee (the hapless tourists that have been spreading this), the virus has mutated into a weaker version of itself through poor replication, and that's why the travelers aren't as sick :confused:

Or perhaps they just aren't in close contact with pigs??:lol:

Either way, they reckon in two weeks it will be clear whether or not there is a risk of a pandemic. At least it's something other than the recession to read about:lol:. I reckon it's a storm in a teacup. Which is probably just as well.

Good god, imagine the panic if they did declare a pandemic. This country would go hysterical.

We have just got an email saying that our office in Mexico City has been closed and staff told to stay at home.

Don't think they have Jeremy Kyle over there otherwise they would prefer to take the gamble with the swine flu.

The thing that annoys me though is the main headline the other day or earlier on BBC I cant remember when said 103 or something dead but then it said only 20 were confirmed flu?!?! Bit of a contrast in numbers there.

I just hate all the media, I am refusing to turn the TV on in the morning. Its given me a headache all day with colleagues constantly going "ooh what you going to do" "i wouldnt go if i was you" blah blah blah - I dont mean this in offence to the people that have died or am no way mocking it but its just getting on my wick a SLIGHT bit :spank::p

With both being quite a while away i'd say you'll be ok. But as its a wedding then you obviously need to exchange it asap !!

I was meant to be getting a last minute deal for this week, to recuperate. Now theyre offering me Punta Cana :rolleyes:

Where is that?

I am contemplating the Dominican.

Friend of mine phoned Going Places who apparantly said all flights cancelled until May 5th - if it carries on they will be cancelled until June 1st.......

22 in spain, including an hour from me in Valencia :eek:

Its a very popular place to holiday Mexico, especially for the Spanish this time of year, hence the ammount here in Spain !!

I was hoping to go to Cancun for a last minute break :rolleyes:

22 in spain, including an hour from me in Valencia :eek:

Its a very popular place to holiday Mexico, especially for the Spanish this time of year, hence the ammount here in Spain !!

I was hoping to go to Cancun for a last minute break :rolleyes:

Are they just suspected flu or do they actually have it?

Where is that?

I am contemplating the Dominican.

Friend of mine phoned Going Places who apparantly said all flights cancelled until May 5th - if it carries on they will be cancelled until June 1st.......

In the Dominican :rolleyes: ;)

Dont like it there, I'm now probably gona forget it, and save for Ibiza end of june :p

Are they just suspected flu or do they actually have it?
25/04/2009 Spain's Health Ministry confirmed the country's first case of swine flu on Monday and said another 20 people are suspected of having the disease.

The man with the confirmed case is from the town of Almansa in the Castilla-La Mancha region, according to regional health authorities.

He checked in to a clinic Saturday complaining of fever and respiratory problems and was eventually hospitalized, the regional health department's Web site says.

Three Spanish nationals have been placed in isolation after showing flu symptoms following a recent visit to Mexico.

The three have been hospitalised in the northern city of Bilbao, Almansa in the southeast and the eastern city of Valencia.

25/04/2009 Spain's Health Ministry confirmed the country's first case of swine flu on Monday and said another 20 people are suspected of having the disease.

The man with the confirmed case is from the town of Almansa in the Castilla-La Mancha region, according to regional health authorities.

He checked in to a clinic Saturday complaining of fever and respiratory problems and was eventually hospitalized, the regional health department's Web site says.

Three Spanish nationals have been placed in isolation after showing flu symptoms following a recent visit to Mexico.

The three have been hospitalised in the northern city of Bilbao, Almansa in the southeast and the eastern city of Valencia.

You will have to start to ignore me, I am talking myself into going as I really really want to go. I have even started talking to myself "you will be going emma, you will be going emma"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

pig.jpg

hello boys & girls....its payback time!!!

"Hundreds" of schoolchildren in NYC sick after some of them came back from a trip to Mexico. 80-odd confirmed cases thus far... looks like this thing has spread to Metropolis :confused:

Back