swedish house mafia

prodigy339

I am going to make this short because it has been mentioned many times before on this website. I had purchased tickets for SHM at Pacha well before the posts started coming in about the insane amount of people that were being let in on Monday nights for the shows. We were there August 2. I would just like to reiterate what many people have said about this night on the island. The club was packed to the point of not being able to move by 1am, still hours before SHM were to even come on. And the amount of areas roped off for "VIP's" is nothing short of rediculous. This is my third time in Pacha and it just seems that although the club is visually beautiful, the club as a whole has taken an extremely greedy attitude and produces nothing but a frusterating experience. I did not even stay to see SHM as the night had already turned into a disaster by 1 - 1:30. People are 100% correct in saying that it has reached a point where the club is dangerous. Looking at the unfortunate event that occurred at the Love Parade, I would hate for something of that sort to happen in the club, but in the case of an emergency, there is no way that people would be able to exit that club effectively. I regret buying my tickets so far in advance, as I wouldn't have even gone seeing everyone else's posts about the night. But when paying 45E each for tickets, it was tough to throw in the trash, and we wanted to make sure it wasn't just an exaggeration. It was definitely not.

That being said, Carl Cox on Tuesday didn't disappoint.

Wasn't really up for going this year tbh but the mrs was, this review has possibly put the nail in the coffin.

The club was packed to the point of not being able to move by 1am, And the amount of areas roped off for "VIP's" is nothing short of rediculous.

That's what puts me off going to Pacha - the main room just seems really small when it's rammed out like that.

The room upstairs behind the main DJ booth and the side room upstairs to the left are pretty cool though.

We went to the SHM night last year at the end of August and it wasn't too busy, there was at least a little bit of room to move around.

Looks like their recent chart success has increased the number of punters through the door.

Thats the reason I went to Pure Pacha instead as you could move and actually dance.

Swedish House Mafia are over-rated anyway. Their song selection is pretty much a carbon copy of Scott Mills Floorfillers.

It was exactly the same on Monday 9th. I'm not sure on the exact time but I think we got into Pacha around 1 maybe earlier and it was quite full then but could easily move around, get to the bar and the toilets. Within 30 minutes or so it was carnage, couldn't move anywhere. Ended up getting split up from friends, the only place we and my mate could stand/dance comfortable was up against the wall near a bar in the main room. Eventually we had enough and braved the crowds to try and find some more room which was near to the entrance/exit .

SHM came on around 4:30 by that time, alot of people had already left the club though it was impossible to get back into the main room. Absolutely ridiculous how many people were in the club, I never really got to see how impressive the club is though I still enjoyed the night. Personally, i thought Avicii and AN21 were better than SHM.

Having said the above, it was the same case for Cream @ Amnesia. By the time PvD came on, which I think was around 4am, you couldn't move nor dance in the main room. We attempted to go to the Terrace which was even worse and I actually felt like I was going to be crushed.

With the not so recent tragedy at the Love Parade I would have thought crowd management and safety would be on the agenda. Perhaps these kind of nights/clubs have always been this busy in previous years though I feel it is only a matter of time before the events at the Love Parade are repeated if they continue to only care about lining their pockets.

Glad i avoided it after hearing about this. I instead went to Pacha on the Sunday for Cadenza which was an amazing night, great crowd, busy but not so pakced you can't move and quality music! Mondays definately has to be DC10 and Amnesia for Cocoon.

It was exactly the same on Monday 9th. I'm not sure on the exact time but I think we got into Pacha around 1 maybe earlier and it was quite full then but could easily move around, get to the bar and the toilets. Within 30 minutes or so it was carnage, couldn't move anywhere. Ended up getting split up from friends, the only place we and my mate could stand/dance comfortable was up against the wall near a bar in the main room. Eventually we had enough and braved the crowds to try and find some more room which was near to the entrance/exit .

SHM came on around 4:30 by that time, alot of people had already left the club though it was impossible to get back into the main room. Absolutely ridiculous how many people were in the club, I never really got to see how impressive the club is though I still enjoyed the night. Personally, i thought Avicii and AN21 were better than SHM.

Having said the above, it was the same case for Cream @ Amnesia. By the time PvD came on, which I think was around 4am, you couldn't move nor dance in the main room. We attempted to go to the Terrace which was even worse and I actually felt like I was going to be crushed.

With the not so recent tragedy at the Love Parade I would have thought crowd management and safety would be on the agenda. Perhaps these kind of nights/clubs have always been this busy in previous years though I feel it is only a matter of time before the events at the Love Parade are repeated if they continue to only care about lining their pockets.

How is this fun?
People say VIP is a waste and this is the alternative?
No thanks. VIP is the way to go.

I think when you have to fork over the odds to enjoy something (and lets face it 500 euros is ridiculous), that ruins it for me. I'm out!! I'll stick to not going to Pacha.

VIP is not for me either, however you could consider the less popular nights which are normally better in any case.

i myself only got back from ibiza today. We all descided before we went we was going to go and see them. The stories we heard out there and having friends out there at the same time that went to see them im glad i didn't go. We was told that it was like sardines in there and worse. One girl passed out tryed to be carried into vip but they wern't having none of it. People being pushed out of emergency exits by security and having the doors shut.

After people paying 60 plus euros for a ticket why should they have this? Why not move the night to privilige?

I myself went to tiesto instead and had the best night of my life! It just shows how different spains health and safety is to Englands.

**** guys!!! i already bought tickets for 9/13 and the website says i cant return them someone give me an idea, my gf and i def dont wanna be grinding the whole island at pacha... ****

**** guys!!! i already bought tickets for 9/13 and the website says i cant return them someone give me an idea, my gf and i def dont wanna be grinding the whole island at pacha... ****

its not quite as busy in Sept as in August... as you can't get a refund anyway i'd just go and if its too busy go.... hmmmm... well Cocoon will be packed too. Tiesto maybe?

thanks coolio, i sent them an e mail kindly requesting to be considered for an exchange, will let u know how that goes, i would love to see tiesto i should have booked that all along being that it is cheaper and less crowded... bad decisions ;\

i have heard ppl say SHM was the best night of their trip though...

I myself went to tiesto instead and had the best night of my life! It just shows how different spains health and safety is to Englands.

Ever been to Ministry of Sound when the likes of Erick Morillo, or Armin van Buuren have played?

Believe me they fill it out more than capacity. Maybe not to the same extent, but it happens in most places.
Like when my mate asked the bouncer how many people the club could hold and he answered: "officially or unoffically?"

Completely agree with everyone here with these comments though.

Another reason why we usually avoid going in July and August.

Ever been to Ministry of Sound when the likes of Erick Morillo, or Armin van Buuren have played?

Believe me they fill it out more than capacity. Maybe not to the same extent, but it happens in most places.
Like when my mate asked the bouncer how many people the club could hold and he answered: "officially or unoffically?"

Completely agree with everyone here with these comments though.

Another reason why we usually avoid going in July and August.

i went to matter when laidback luke was there back in november. They oversold tickets (not on purpose) and there was over 800 more people in there. Yet you could still move. Atleast people wern't being chucked out by bouncers so they could make more money to get more people in

Back