summer pix # 2 - home-made hierbas (july 2nd)

I'm staying between Cala Nova and Cala Llenya in July am right in saying Anita's is nearby?
If you're there on a Sunday and fancy a cheap casual lunch; take the Cliffside path down to Cala Llenya, walk across the beach and up the steps on the other side, keep walking straight on for a few minutes and you arrive at Restaurant Cala Llenya. It's flea market day and you can peruse all the junk (some of it quite lovely actually) live music from some veteran rock bands, or something latin, or if you are very lucky, some poppy flamenco from Chacho who is a bit of a local hero (everyone dancing)
I suppose most importantly; a big paper plate of paella = €7ish, a beer recently went from 1.20 to 1.60, a scandal. Market from early, live music and paella from about midday, hot dogs all hours...

let's see if the flea market in cala llenya is back by then, they are having some issues currently

If you're there on a Sunday and fancy a cheap casual lunch; take the Cliffside path down to Cala Llenya, walk across the beach and up the steps on the other side, keep walking straight on for a few minutes and you arrive at Restaurant Cala Llenya. It's flea market day and you can peruse all the junk (some of it quite lovely actually) live music from some veteran rock bands, or something latin, or if you are very lucky, some poppy flamenco from Chacho who is a bit of a local hero (everyone dancing)
I suppose most importantly; a big paper plate of paella = €7ish, a beer recently went from 1.20 to 1.60, a scandal. Market from early, live music and paella from about midday, hot dogs all hours...
:)
let's see if the flea market in cala llenya is back by then, they are having some issues currently
:(

I know you like your meals out Amigo. Are you able to pm me some recommendations in that area?

Big fan of La Noria in Cala Boix. El Bigotes @ Cal Mastella. Cas Pages on the road to Sant Carles. Casa Piedra @ Cala Llonga. Restaurante Cala Martina @ Cala Martina. Inland, Es Pins is great @ San Llorenc and also up the road is La Paloma. Havent made it yet but many have raved about Can Suldat @ Es Canar plus Enfarinate in San Carlos for pizza.

Big fan of La Noria in Cala Boix. El Bigotes @ Cal Mastella. Cas Pages on the road to Sant Carles. Casa Piedra @ Cala Llonga. Restaurante Cala Martina @ Cala Martina. Inland, Es Pins is great @ San Llorenc and also up the road is La Paloma. Havent made it yet but many have raved about Can Suldat @ Es Canar plus Enfarinate in San Carlos for pizza.
Same places for me:)

Can Suldat: Never ate there, too late. (doesn't matter, wife not carnivore) plenty late night drinks, amplified music finishes at midnight (obviously) very groovy place though.

once you get used to the home-made ones, the hierbas from the supermarket don't taste the same either...
... although i have to say the other day i tried the new miro's hierbas and i was surprised: first because they're made with only five herbs and second because it leaves you a kind-of-cinnamon taste in the mouth!

apparently it reopens this sunday... let's see if it continues as the second hand market we all love or if, like rumoured, now they sell handmade and one-of-a-kind products!

thought so: a few artisans selling their stuff but no second hand goodies so not worth driving all the way up there for that... used to love stopping there, catch whatever band was playing that week, grab a few vinyls or cds for near to nothing and have some paella in the restaurant before moving to cala llenya beach for some home-made hierbas at the kiosk!

massive boooooo!!!

Back