summer pix # 2 - home-made hierbas (july 2nd)

McRackin

Super Moderator
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

so that's 9 litres of hierbas sorted for next year. in the meantime, we'll continue enjoying the ones from last year..... salut i força al canut ! !

scaled.php

La salud y la felicidad ?
Now you're just making us jealous .. looks great - enjoy. :)

I'm a bit disturbed to find out that they put the llama like creatures Alpacas into Hierbas Mackie.

scaled.php

Great pics, Mackie! Cool to see a bit of the process.

What do you add to get the fermentation going?

This reminds me... whatever happened to Mari Mayans? Did they get bought or did they emerge from bankruptcy on their own?

QUOTE]

Not sure there is any fermentation is there? Thought this was more of a flavoured alcohol base - like making chilli vodka by putting some peppers in a bottle of Smirnoff?

Could well be wrong though. Mackie? :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Not sure there is any fermentation is there? Thought this was more of a flavoured alcohol base - like making chilli vodka by putting some peppers in a bottle of Smirnoff?

Could well be wrong though. Mackie? :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:
Duh... ya, that sounds right... especially now that I look at what's written on the bottles pictured above :spank:

nothing, just let it rest for for 6 months. should be ready to drink around christmas

This reminds me... whatever happened to Mari Mayans? Did they get bought or did they emerge from bankruptcy on their own?
:arrow: http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?p=1381881#post1381881

Is there any Hierbas making days in September
that's a private thing among family/friends/neighbours, not for the public to see, so it will be a bit complicated to attend to them

this is why I asked,
another website said:
A relatively new experience on Ibiza is the make-your-own-Hierbas trip. For around 30 euros, at last checking, you get a day out on a finca (farm) with a picnic, lessons in Hierbas-making, and your very own, unlabelled, bottle to take home. Your bottle will include not only your own Hierbas, but a sprig of fennel or some other herb, for that unique Ibicenc touch.

i've never seen this kind of trips announced anywhere so i can't help you. in our case is just another activity organized by the neighbour's association which started in a house and that, due to the interest from other neighbours, had to move to a bigger space.....

(writing about it is making me very thirsty by the way ! ! )

i could pass it to you but you wouldn't find the necessary herbs in moscow anyway. and believe me when i tell you you'd need to know the herbs very well to find them all here.....

Im told that you can get another refill from the original herbs by adding a bottle of anissette when the first one is empty??

Back