Stone Roses

Oh my goodness, goosepimple-tastic reading over others reviews :D

I can't agree more, they were so much better than expected, as Mani shouted out on Friday "Not bad for a bunch of old cnuts" :lol: Was expecting the worst from Ian's voice, but was pleasantly surprised!

We also got the pit bands and were front left where the sound seemed perfect to me. With the monkey man using the whole of the stage it was great to feel involved, and to sound like a real groupie, properly see him in the flesh :oops: I thought the crowd were phenomenal, loud and friendly - lots of man hug action, what an atmosphere 8)

Primal Scream were an amazing support and was great to grab a double whammy of bands I've always wanted to see. A wee singalong to The Wailers also went down better than expected, and kept us amused while others went to the bar ;)

TM78 - sorry I have to disagree with you on T in the Park. Not a fan of the main stage at all, one that definitely looks better on TV! As Barbie says I don't think Heaton Park atmosphere can be topped with the number of people that were there to see the one band and of course it being a homecoming :D

the roses at heaton park was special...but, i do reckon will be a better/louder atmosphere at t in the park on saturday for them....the english crowd aint mental enough (even for a saturday night in manchester, i expected a bit more.

Might have something to do with the crowd being mainly +40.

Oh my goodness, goosepimple-tastic reading over others reviews :D

I can't agree more, they were so much better than expected, as Mani shouted out on Friday "Not bad for a bunch of old cnuts" :lol: Was expecting the worst from Ian's voice, but was pleasantly surprised!

We also got the pit bands and were front left where the sound seemed perfect to me. With the monkey man using the whole of the stage it was great to feel involved, and to sound like a real groupie, properly see him in the flesh :oops: I thought the crowd were phenomenal, loud and friendly - lots of man hug action, what an atmosphere 8)

Primal Scream were an amazing support and was great to grab a double whammy of bands I've always wanted to see. A wee singalong to The Wailers also went down better than expected, and kept us amused while others went to the bar ;)

TM78 - sorry I have to disagree with you on T in the Park. Not a fan of the main stage at all, one that definitely looks better on TV! As Barbie says I don't think Heaton Park atmosphere can be topped with the number of people that were there to see the one band and of course it being a homecoming :D
Angie, i've not been to titp since 94 at strathclyde park so dont know about the main stage, but knowing scottish crowds i think the crowd will be louder (the roses themselves always say glasgow green was their best show)...lot of people i spoke too (and on our bus back to glasgow after the gig on saturday) were doing titp , general view was they reckoned the place would be mental for the roses...but that heaton park was the 'event', the homecoming gigs and glad they were there for that.

i wont be at titp, im off to bloc in london, its a pity cant make the roses at titp as after saturday i quite fancy going again....will see if they play again later in the year.8)

Might have something to do with the crowd being mainly +40.
:) yeah was an older crowd for sure ...lot of reliving of youth experiences...roses were a couple years before my time really (im 34)

i do remember being in the q for tickets once otuside the old virgin records in glasgow...huge big q for tickets, waiting for hours, me & my mate were waiting for blur tickets at the secc, i thought everyone else was...turned out they weren't, was for the roses 2 nights at the barras in 95..so i could've been at those shows....but blur/oasis were my bands at that point after the demise of kurt cobain & richey going missing / topping himself (the manics)

Back