Stone Roses

As a 'cough' close neighbour of mani, I can - well the nme - can report it's all rubbish and he is highly piss ed off that his mums funeral has been hijacked by the sun, which is fair enough.

As a 'cough' close neighbour of mani, I can - well the nme - can report it's all rubbish and he is highly piss ed off that his mums funeral has been hijacked by the sun, which is fair enough.

Funny you say that Gaz, I know Mani's brother quite well and Id heard she passed recently. Im emailing him now to verify this story.

That is a damn cool thing to be able to use anecdote.

:)

sorry should have built it up a bit better...

i recall standing alone at the end of a bar in nightclub staring blankly into a pint... wild eyed youth pushes past to buy latest energy drink..looking up at spangled youth... "you call this raving? christ you should have been at spike Island back in the day...now that was an afternoon to remember"...continues to drink from pint looking into middle distance

Now if Ibiza Rocks could pull off a gig with the Stone Roses that would stamp the imprint of the IR brand onto the world of music like never before.

Name you price tickets.

Mildly excited by this news.

The venue (Heaton Park - Manchester) is supposedly 75,000 capacity, hopefully this might make it a tad easier to get tickets *(prays).

I'm gonna try and get tickets.

my main worry will be the crowd....every manchester gallagher wannabe will be there! Oasis gig at the same venue a few years ago was manctastic!

I'm gonna try and get tickets.

my main worry will be the crowd....every manchester gallagher wannabe will be there! Oasis gig at the same venue a few years ago was manctastic!

just dodge the bottles of piss flying about :confused:

Though at £55 a ticket I'll be gunning for a pair :D

experienced mad-rush ticket buyers, whats the best websites to be looking at tomorrow morning?

edit - no reply required, just saw the official website

Last edited by a moderator:
time for an anecdote!

(misty eyed) oh it won't be as good as Spike Island, the weather won't be as good as Spike Island, The atmosphere won't be as good as Spike Island, the drug casualties won't be as bad as Spike Island, the polution from the land fill under foot won't be like Spike Island, the 2 hours to get off the car park won't be like Spike Island (YAWN)

Did i ever mention I went to see them at Spike Island back in the day?

Trying to get excited about this but not doing very well at the task.

I like Mike Pickering and have read lots about the era but was never really part of the Mad-chester revolution either in person or by proxy.

Bosh.

Thought the whole internet was going to fall to it's knees. Phone network crashing.....

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tickets sorted for 30th June.

Hope seeing them again doesn't spoil the magic of yesteryear....

Back