Saturday 30th June

16:45 - 17:10 Hollie Cook
17:30 - 18:05 Professor Green
18:35 - 19:20 The Wailers
19:50 - 20:40 Beady Eye
21:10 - 23:45 The Stone Roses

Sunday 1st July

16:45 - 17:10 Dirty North
17:30 - 18:05 The Justice Tonight Band (supergroup w/The Farm etc)
18:35 - 19:20 The Wailers
19:50 - 20:40 Plan B
21:10 - 23:45 The Stone Roses

superb.... plenty of Roses classics will get played if they are on for that amount of time...

i thought the park was to close at 2300 as well?

Happy Birthday :)

should be some weekend.... I go Sunday as well, but you defo have the best back up bands with The Vaccines and Primal Scream ..... Fingers crossed the weather forecast isnt accurate :confused:

Thanks 8)

Yep, looks like wellie time :lol: had a pair bought for Cocoon in the Park last year and didn't use them so first wear tomorrow!

Running times from the Roses website:
SHOWTIMES
Support 1: 16:35
Support 2: 17:25
Support 3: 18:30
Support 4: 19:45
The Stone Roses: 21:00
Curfew: 23:00

Last edited by a moderator:
getting bus down on saturday, then bus straight back afterwards, was going to stay over, but was too late getting hotel organised, my mate who im going to this with aint into clubbing so sankeys afterwards for graeme park was out the question.

still cant beleive how ****ing awful the support bands are on the saturday,,,,

professor green?????:evil::evil::evil:

whats the weather report like from those in manchester just now?...im expecting a bit of mudbath come the saturday...think the wellies will be on:)

ANy truth in the cancellation rumour? I've only seen it on FB from Manchester Dj....who is a bit of a joker.....

It's sunny at the moment but I work in the city centre and the sky was black earlier looked like we were going to get a right old storm but nothing came of it. Saturday forecast is sunny :)

getting bus down on saturday, then bus straight back afterwards, was going to stay over, but was too late getting hotel organised, my mate who im going to this with aint into clubbing so sankeys afterwards for graeme park was out the question.

whats the weather report like from those in manchester just now?...im expecting a bit of mudbath come the saturday...think the wellies will be on:)

Its back to our bus after the gig sunday night to collect our cases off it, then onto Manc Airport....flight to Ibiza at 06:30am 8)

some recovery time in the airport before tackling the 123 festival on the Monday :p

Had never heard of professor green, mistakenly checked him out on youtube, what a downer, might he get mud-balled off stage:twisted:? A pub crawl from our hotel to land onsite @ 18:00 seems like a plan.

Interesting your m8 is not into clubbing, Stone Roses and clubbing used to go together like Mulder and Skully.

I went last night and it was amazing, if anyone has the chance to go tonight do it! I'm very tempted to go again, but my 7 month pregnant wife is putting the blockers on it!

Ian Brown was on top form and the band are tighter than ever, so many high points! There's nothing better than singing those songs in a field with all your mates, 35 of us went on a coach from Liverpool. The bar is a bit of a nightmare, but we stayed in a boozer in Prestwich until about 5pm then strolled down to catch The Wailers and Beady Eye who were surprisingly good. The atmosphere around the place was electric.

Sometimes I fantasise.....

Pretty much echo the sentiments above, fantastic gig. Saw them a few times the first time round but got to say they were better yesterday. I know people were complaining about the bar but I had no problems at all - maybe I just hit it right! As already said, the atmosphere was amazing. However, didn't think the sound was very good (bassy & dull), the mud was starting to really get bad and leaving at the end was a nightmare.

There were some proper casualties there as well. Take it by all means, but at least be able to handle it.

Went to Sankeys afterwards but it was pretty boring, just one house anthem after another.

Another happy punter:D

As posters above say, atmosphere was amazing, probably the best of the three times I have seen them, Definitely get tickets for one of the other gigs they are doing this year if you have a chance. Might not match Heaton Park but any worries they would spoil the memories of yesteryear were totally unfounded. Our group bumped into probably 50+ people we knew, managed to take in some vino so the bar was not an issue. I can imagine the mud situation was bad by last night? Went on the party bus to Sankeys, the girls walked back to the hotel, took over two hours and a £50 taxi fee. Thought Sankeys was good, but I don't get out a lot! Atmoshpere in Sankeys was not too hot though, never really took off imo. Was having second thought early last week about going if the weather was rubbish, so so so glad I bucked my ideas up. Overall 9.50 out of 10, the exit/ marshalling at the end was a farce.

:lol::lol: that guy was loving it....looked like early in the day as well, doubt he's have seen the roses the nick he was in8)

i seen on facebook they were appealing for some guy who went missing on the friday night...it could be that boy!!...im not surpised walking through the park in the dark afterwards was loads of casualties!! (i was there on the saturday nigth, and in the mud, place was like an assault course!!

roses were amazing...i am the resurrection at the end made the trip down to mancheter for me on its own...i will say (i was down in the front pit area, about 10 rows from the front...the sound was very low...the band were playing amazing, but the sound wasn't good in the front pit area...i went to the back of the arena, and was getting the full effect then, really glad i done that(plus got to see the whole stage production/lights/video....

the roses at heaton park was special...but, i do reckon will be a better/louder atmosphere at t in the park on saturday for them....the english crowd aint mental enough (even for a saturday night in manchester, i expected a bit more.

Wow. Still a bit in shock at just how unbelievably good Sunday was :eek:

I am a massive Stone Roses fan, Spike Island was the first concert I ever want to as an innocent little 14 year old, and their debut album was the soundtrack to my teenage years. I've lost track of the number of times I've said I wish that they'd reform over the years, but didn't really hold any hope of ever seeing them again after all the acrimony that had happened. When the reunion tour was announced it felt in part that all my Christmas's and Birthdays had come at once....but on the other hand, there was a bit of me that wondered whether it would be over-hyped and whether it would live up to 22 years of expectation. The reality was they far exceeded expectations, and then some more, words really can't describe how amazing they were.

We got into Heaton Park about 3.30pm (passing umpteen 'poncho and poppers sellers outside'- love the Mancs entreprenenurial skills!) as we'd been told if you were one of the first few thousand there you could get a wristband into the 'front pit' so we had a perfect viewing point close to the front and the sound was spot on. It wasn't until later on when we went for a wander between support acts that I saw the sheer size of the park and can imagine if you were further back the sound and atmosphere would have been diluted a tad. We found the bar queues to be fine (to the point of non existant) although saying that we didn't go to the bar after 7pm.

Support on Sunday came from Justice Tonight (The Farm, Pete Wylie, Mick Jones and others) for a slice of 90s nostalgia - Groovy Train anyone?! And then The Wailers who were excellent bringing a little piece of Jamaica to a field just outside Manchester. Plan B was the final headliner, well the less said about him the better! :spank: 9pm came around before we knew it and just after 9pm the Stone Roses come on stage and began their set with I Wanna Be Adored. The atmosphere was just electric, grown men were brought to their knees and tens of thousands of people were singing along word for word perfect. There were so many high points, in fact it was one hour 45 minutes of pure musical perfection. Personal favourite were the previously mentioned entrance to I Wanna Be Adored, Sally Cinnamon as 3rd song in, Fools Good (how good was that live?!), This is the One, Made of Stone and the finale of I am the Resurrection (my favourite song EVER and I'm not ashamed to admit a tear was shed :oops::lol:). Ian Brown (who has never been the world's greatest singer) never sounded so good live and is cooler than ever, and John Squire's guitar playing was just legendary.

I'm sure they will be good on every leg of this reunion tour, but I don't think the atmosphere at Heaton Park will be topped, a large proportion of the crowd were there from the first time around, and with the exception of the odd casualty it was a really spot on crowd who were there solely for the Stone Roses.

We left at the end, battered, broken, bruised and voiceless....but knowing we had witnessed one of the greatest concerts ever. One of our party had kindly booked a mini bus back to Liverpool so we didn't have to brave the carnage on the streets afterwards and were back in Liverpool by midnight for the party to carry on.

Absolute legendary night, feel truly privileged to have been part of it 8)

We went on Sunday as well. Definitely one of the best gigs of my life. My expectations had been lowered by all the reports of carnage on Friday. We waited till 730 to go in...saw plan b who I thought was really good. The sky was blue and the atmosphere was phenomenal. We were towards the back but there were speakers not far in front of us and the sound was great. From start to finish the roses were great. As. Barbie said fools gold was one of several highlights...waterfall and don't stop really fantastic. We got on a shuttle bus straight after and were in the city centre by 1130! We sat in the bar talking to other happy punters and watching the casualties rolling in. ...so glad I went:D

Back