Stone Roses

To be honest? suprised its taken this long .....

I thought they would have hopped on the mega bucks tour bus way before now

I'm there with bells on - wherever its at 8)

we'd all go and see them - they'd sell out stadiums. But i'm surprised money hasn't talked so far - it'd be a big payday for them.
This rumour does the rounds every year.

we'd all go and see them - they'd sell out stadiums. But i'm surprised money hasn't talked so far - it'd be a big payday for them.
This rumour does the rounds every year.

I don't know that I would. They were a massive part of my decision to go to Uni in Manchester and I really loved them, their music, their image. However, iconic figures that define a time, maybe even a generation, should understand that the timing and the context was a much about it as they were.

Reminds me of Noel Gallagher thinking that anyone cares what he thinks about hip-hop at Glastonbury.

I'd def go to see them as part of a festival (glasto headliners maybe?) but not sure about paying mega bucks for a 1 night concert

Where did you get that stat from?

ThumbnailServer2

every summer there is at least one roses reunion story doing the rounds - I think even if it is true, diehard fans should be wary of what would almost certainly be a carcrash of a gig

was personally never that into them - too much indie, not enough funk for my tastes (the glorious fools gold apart) the media hype at the time was insane, I just didn't get it at all.

ian brown put out some cracking solo records [eg fear, un mundo pequeno] but really not arsed about seeing him on stage

this whole nostalgia industry aimed at mid-30 somethings, I don't feel part of that at all, much as I hark on about the past, I don't really want to relive it

Complete hypocrite that I am, now that the missus has expressed an interest and will probably sort freebies (if it happens of course), I'm digging out my flared jeans and and white long-sleeved t-shirt tonight:lol:

Complete hypocrite that I am, now that the missus has expressed an interest and will probably sort freebies (if it happens of course), I'm digging out my flared jeans and and white long-sleeved t-shirt tonight:lol:

:lol:

I bought this psychedelic tshirt with my pocket money from some cheap clobber store on the high street in twickenham in 1990, I thought it was the mutt's nutts. big hood, almost looked like a cape. all that was missing was the maracas. gave it to my mum to wash and she chucked it out!

speaking of long sleeve white tops - I found my Inspiral Carpets one last month - for something that was big and baggy back in the day - it was worryingly fitted when I tried it on this time....... big fat bloater I must be now....:lol::lol::lol: :oops:

Back