Spotlight Fitness Club

Diet is simple:

- Estimate maintenance calories
- Eat 15-20% below this
- Ensure 1g/lb protein minimum
- Ensure 0.4g/lb fat minimum
- Try get 13-15g/1,000kcal fibre

Processed foods, take aways, chocolate, etc are all fine when kept in moderation. Check out www.myfitnesspal.com It's a great way to track calories.

Workout, can differ based on experience. A good simple start:

Workout A:
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Row 5x5

Workout B:
Squat 5x5
Military Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5

Keep increasing weight each week. As you progress, you can add ancillary exercises. Perform 3x week such as: W1 - ABA, W2 BAB, etc....

Cardio can be done on off days to increase the deficit.

Ugh... What? Why?

No meat? Why? The reason you are losing weight is because you have cut out entire groups of foods, therefore reducing calories and filling up on low calories fruit and vegetables. It's about the calories, not the foods you eat. Plus, with no meat, you may struggle to retain Lean Body Mass and just look skinny (no offence intended).

Haven't eaten fatty meats; lamb & pork for many years, meat doesn't really do it for me, give me a tuna steak every time. Not really interested in being any kind of beefcake tbh but the chances of me ever looking skinny again are virtually zero!

Diet is simple:

- Estimate maintenance calories
- Eat 15-20% below this
- Ensure 1g/lb protein minimum
- Ensure 0.4g/lb fat minimum
- Try get 13-15g/1,000kcal fibre

Processed foods, take aways, chocolate, etc are all fine when kept in moderation. Check out www.myfitnesspal.com It's a great way to track calories.

Workout, can differ based on experience. A good simple start:

Workout A:
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Row 5x5

Workout B:
Squat 5x5
Military Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5

Keep increasing weight each week. As you progress, you can add ancillary exercises. Perform 3x week such as: W1 - ABA, W2 BAB, etc....

Cardio can be done on off days to increase the deficit.

Processed food is the work of the devil, why pile a shedful of chemicals into processed foodstuffs to change the colour and extend shelf life?

Processed food is the work of the devil, why pile a shedful of chemicals into processed foodstuffs to change the colour and extend shelf life?

This displays a lack of basic understanding of nutrition, and chemistry. I'll ask you a simple question. Would you consume a food product containing dihydrogen monoxide?

My irony was lost....

It is impossible to know what effect the cocktail of additives in processed foodstuffs are having on health, countless studies have linked processed foods to cancer. Who could have predicted that eating meat which had been fed on a diet of ground sheep brains would lead to many human deaths and the slaughter of thousands of livestock?

My irony was lost....

It is impossible to know what effect the cocktail of additives in processed foodstuffs are having on health, countless studies have linked processed foods to cancer. Who could have predicted that eating meat which had been fed on a diet of ground sheep brains would lead to many human deaths and the slaughter of thousands of livestock?

Please link these studies that you proclaim show a direct link between processed foods and cancer. I think you misinterpret the data.

Germaine, relax and stop busting balls in such an aggressive way. You sound so outraged :lol: Do you want to post your degree certificates now or later? I'll Coo and Ahh appropriately and you can feel validated and everyone else can go back to sharing advice and encouragement in a friendly manner. To answer your rude and obnoxious question "Ugh! What? Why?" - in response to why I've embraced paleo diet and ditched the gym in favour of compound exercises - It works and I feel great. Sorry if that offends you, actually I'm not - you're probably as pleasant in real life as you appear on here.

Mark when you say ditched the gym for compound exercises, Im a bit confused. I think of compound exercises as done in the gym? i.e. a bench press - compound as your using chest, tricep, shoulder, lats, compared to an isolation exercise such as a tricep extension which works only tricep.

First line: "some US cohorts"

Do you know what cohort studies are? You cannot perform a controlled study with 450,000 people. There are numerous variables that could be the cause or a combination. Correlation =/= Causation.

Now, can you provide any Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) that show a direct link?

And, can you show how processed foods, when consumed in moderation, are somehow bad or unhealthy?

Germaine, relax and stop busting balls in such an aggressive way. You sound so outraged :lol: Do you want to post your degree certificates now or later? I'll Coo and Ahh appropriately and you can feel validated and everyone else can go back to sharing advice and encouragement in a friendly manner. To answer your rude and obnoxious question "Ugh! What? Why?" - in response to why I've embraced paleo diet and ditched the gym in favour of compound exercises - It works and I feel great. Sorry if that offends you, actually I'm not - you're probably as pleasant in real life as you appear on here.

Don't mean to come across aggressive, I'm just blunt and to the point. There's heaps of misinformation surrounding nutrition and it's ridiculous how some people spew it. Also, posting degrees is a logical fallacy, called Appeal To Authority. Whether I have degrees, a degree, a masters, a Phd, is all irrelevant. It doesn't change anything about the information ;)

It wasn't "Ugh!", it was "Ugh...." And it wasn't rude or obnoxious, you're just too sensitive. I'm blunt. I ask direct questions and state facts without sugar coating it or beating around the bush. I never made any rude comments.

Wouldn't it be a lot more beneficial doing compound exercises in the gym?

It appears you are the one who is rude, not me: "Sorry if that offends you, actually I'm not - you're probably as pleasant in real life as you appear on here."

Good job I don't really care what people say over the internet :)

And Paleo is just arbitrary restriction of food.

Don't mean to come across aggressive, I'm just blunt and to the point. There's heaps of misinformation surrounding nutrition and it's ridiculous how some people spew it. Also, posting degrees is a logical fallacy, called Appeal To Authority. Whether I have degrees, a degree, a masters, a Phd, is all irrelevant. It doesn't change anything about the information ;)

It wasn't "Ugh!", it was "Ugh...." And it wasn't rude or obnoxious, you're just too sensitive. I'm blunt. I ask direct questions and state facts without sugar coating it or beating around the bush. I never made any rude comments.

Wouldn't it be a lot more beneficial doing compound exercises in the gym?

It appears you are the one who is rude, not me: "Sorry if that offends you, actually I'm not - you're probably as pleasant in real life as you appear on here."

Good job I don't really care what people say over the internet :)

And Paleo is just arbitrary restriction of food.

bataris-box1.jpg

Do what feels good! Exactly!

Everyone is different. Different strokes for different folks!

its about finding what works for you not about the right or wrong way. I rarely eat processed food and when I do I can tell that I ate it.

For me fresh veg, fruits and meat which in one week (back from vacation) will be no pork or beef only a treat once or twice a month.

i say Internet fight!

InternetFight.jpg.html

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realise you are doing more harm than good cutting out meat? Protein, and the essential, essential, amino acids in protein are essential to health and life. You will most likely be less healthy cutting out meat.

You do realise you are doing more harm than good cutting out meat? Protein, and the essential, essential, amino acids in protein are essential to health and life. You will most likely be less healthy cutting out meat.

I will take my chance and live on the edge, that's the way I roll.

Back