spending money worry

kim_x

hey :)

just needing a bit of advice really from people who've been before on not only clubbing but just the cost of living on some sort of budget in ibiza!

my friends and i (there's nine of us going) are students off to uni in september so we don't have a lot of cash.
not ones to do it by halves we've booked up to go to ibiza for two weeks in june! staying in san antonio bay half board, and we don't expect to do ALL the clubs just as many as possible... spending a lot of the days just relaxing and trying to save our moneyyy.

all we've heard from people who've been so far is stories of needing "£1000 for one week" and "at least £100 a day!" whatever that is in euros this year, but surely the cost of just living ie. alcohol and bottled water from supermarkets are reasonably priced?

thanks x

you could actually live on Burger King and KFC :confused: in San An or freshly made sandwiches from the shops all holiday and drink in the West End before hitting the clubs and spend less than you would at home to get hammered. :lol:

On hitting the clubs you will need to budget (because this is where your money starts to get eaten up (last year - 10€ for a small bottle of water - 12€ for a beer & 12 - 18€ for a spirit and mixer plus your ticket fee of anywhere from 20 - 80€ depending on the night.) plus you need to factor in your taxi fares
buying your beer and food from the supermarket is the cheapest way to do it.

But you can spend 10€ a day in Ibiza or 1000€ a day in Ibiza - its horses for courses

Yeah, it depends on what u want to do when you're there.. If you plan on clubbing then you may be able to purchase tickets a little cheaper before you get out there, if you know what nights you want to go to. This will obviously save your spending money when there.. Food is reasonably priced, but if you are half board then you're breakfast and either lunch or evening meal is included anyway...? Supermarket prices are pretty standard really.

Drink prices are ridiculous in the clubs, even 4 water!! So if u intend on gettin pretty drunk then the bars in the west are the place 2 go b4 hand.. Even Bar M, Itaca & Plastik are gr8 bars and cheap enough. People who ''claim'' to have spent £1000 a week are either idiots or just trying to show off!! Ive been twice before and spent around £300-£400 in a week, managed to go to Space, Pacha & Eden, paid 4 taxi's and bought loadsa drink and that was plenty...

Bring on the summer!! :)

£700 should do u for a week a usualy take a grand but never ever spent that much in a week u would need 2 be buying lots of drinks in the clubs to spend that san ants is cheap for food and drink like nandos at bar m 7 euros for a meal and a drink

Hi.

I work @ a bar called BN3 in San An Bay. If you watched Ibiza 2008 on Living TV last summer, you would of seen us on there. Sounds like you'l be staying not too far away from it! We do pre-parties and free transport to the clubs. We sell tickets for all the clubs and as there is 9 of you, we should be able to sort some discounts out for you..

All you's need to do, is come down to BN3 and see me.. (Im the PR, will be stood on the front all night!)

Its right what people are saying, Ibiza is very expensive, but we offer discounts, cheap drinks, good music and free transport! That saves you money on taxi's and gets you warmed up for the best nights of your lives!

Click the link below for more info...

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=59549

The trick is to set some rules and stick to them. if you're half board you're really only looking at party tokens. Get your tickets off this site and you've already chosen your big nights. Then just combine drinking in the apartment prior to going out - a bottle of £10E vodka can go a long way:lol: with nights out in local / west end bars.

Yeah, it depends on what u want to do when you're there.. If you plan on clubbing then you may be able to purchase tickets a little cheaper before you get out there, if you know what nights you want to go to. This will obviously save your spending money when there.. Food is reasonably priced, but if you are half board then you're breakfast and either lunch or evening meal is included anyway...? Supermarket prices are pretty standard really.

Drink prices are ridiculous in the clubs, even 4 water!! So if u intend on gettin pretty drunk then the bars in the west are the place 2 go b4 hand.. Even Bar M, Itaca & Plastik are gr8 bars and cheap enough. People who ''claim'' to have spent £1000 a week are either idiots or just trying to show off!! Ive been twice before and spent around £300-£400 in a week, managed to go to Space, Pacha & Eden, paid 4 taxi's and bought loadsa drink and that was plenty...

Bring on the summer!! :)

thanks hahah that's what i wanted to hear!
what are the prices for drinks/ entry in the bars or smaller parties in san antonio and san an bay?

In BN3, its free entrance and have many drink offers...

Half Litre of Vodka Red Bull for 7EUR

Large Jugs of Cocktails for 13EUR

Beer 1.50 EUR

Often have some of the Islands bigest DJ's playing the Pre Parties.

Beer 1.50 EUR

wow :) we're gonna have to find you when we arrive, sounds good!
surely there must be some kind of catch!! :p thanks for the help and advice.

I personally don't buy much alcohol in bars/clubs. I usually buy from supermarkets which can be cheaper than the UK. Go for the local brands, you can get a litre of Vodka for 10 Euro in some shops- half a bottle of that madness and your away! :)

It's expensive to buy drinks in Ibiza but not to get drunk if watch what you are doing.

The sunset strip (Mambo, Coastline, Kanya etc) is the most expensive area in San An to drink- just stick to the west end and Bay and you'll be fine.

As for clubs- follow your own arrow and don't get roped into buying tickets from PR reps, tour reps etc.

Just because the bigger nights like Cream and Judgement Sundays are 50 Euro entry doesn't necessarily mean they are the best. You can get reduced entry wristbands passes and reduced tickets with free buses included for most of the big nights.

Try to bus it if you travel out of San An to clubs and NEVER go to a club without a ticket. It's much more expensive to pay at the door.

Last year I took 950 and came back with 100 Euro, went to 4 big club nights and went out every night- it's only as expensive as you make it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Beer 1.50 EUR

Wow. Thats amazing prices compared to the clubs by the sounds of it! :eek:

BN3 looks like the place to go!

thanks hahah that's what i wanted to hear!
what are the prices for drinks/ entry in the bars or smaller parties in san antonio and san an bay?

No worries ;-) Entry is pretty much free everywhere u go (apart from the super clubs of course!). You get loadsa free drinks offered to you in the west end, with other deals thrown in aswel..

Cafe mambo on the sunset strip is a gr8 place 2 visit, also when it holds pre parties for nights like Defected. Free entry of course.. Get down there early, enjoy the sunset with a pina colada and party to sum funky house music!

arrrggghh i cant wait till may!!

Beer 1.50 EUR

Ok Cozza, challenge for you,seeing as about two of the very cheapest Cocktails (proper) by the glass cost the same as your large jugs, what goes in,amounts for a specific recipe,how big are your jugs..:?:

Ok Cozza, challenge for you,seeing as about two of the very cheapest Cocktails (proper) by the glass cost the same as your large jugs, what goes in,amounts for a specific recipe,how big are your jugs..:?:

Couldn't tell you to be honest mate..

we just sell the usual Sex On The Beach and Fat Frog etc etc... i dont drink them myself.. im more of a Vodka Red Bull kinda guy!

I dont make the drinks either so im not exactly sure what goes in them...

What i do know is, there very good value for money! :)

Wow. Thats amazing prices compared to the clubs by the sounds of it! :eek:

BN3 looks like the place to go!

You will find that most bars sell drinks at similar prices to this.. but if your looking to go clubbing, BN3 has the free buses, pre-parties, guest DJ's and we sell tickets for every night, in every club!

Group discounts can be done on club tickets and sometimes we also give away free tickets to the less popular nights..

Couldn't tell you to be honest mate..

we just sell the usual Sex On The Beach and Fat Frog etc etc... i dont drink them myself.. im more of a Vodka Red Bull kinda guy!

I dont make the drinks either so im not exactly sure what goes in them...

What i do know is, there very good value for money! :)
Ok,I get the picture,classy stuff..:lol:
Thanks for your honest reply.
btw,should'nt you be taking some time off? I guess PR is in your blood...

Back