spending money worry

Thats why im taking £1000 - £1500 for a week

I'll be taking a minimum of £700 this time around... And I could up that to anywhere between £800-£1000 for the week depending on how the exchange rate is or how the line ups for the events are looking.

But that's just me... Going back to the original poster's worries, people will still be able to "survive" and have a good time on £450-500 providing they are careful with their spending.

its pratically even with the euro and pound, and dont really see it improving in the summer so if i take that much i can enjoy myself, jsu gotta work hard and do overtime to get it, all worth while at the end of the day tho!!

That's madness taking 1500 for a week- i'm taking a grand for 11 days!

well mine is a clubbing holiday im goin carl cox and friends, pukka up, zoo project and a couple of other nites in the superclubs, its 2 of my mates bdays while we are out there so one of those bdays we are doin mambo with a table with grub and stuff. we are stayin in jet for a week so we are always gonna be on bora bora beach.

im takin that amount jus to be safe.

well mine is a clubbing holiday im goin carl cox and friends, pukka up, zoo project and a couple of other nites in the superclubs, its 2 of my mates bdays while we are out there so one of those bdays we are doin mambo with a table with grub and stuff. we are stayin in jet for a week so we are always gonna be on bora bora beach.

im takin that amount jus to be safe.

It's still a daft amount of cash to take with you for a week. You could easily go for 2 weeks with that and still party hard.

BTW Carl Cox and Pukka Up are 2 of the cheapest nights on the Island...

It's still a daft amount of cash to take with you for a week. You could easily go for 2 weeks with that and still party hard.

BTW Carl Cox and Pukka Up are 2 of the cheapest nights on the Island...

yea i kno they are the cheapest, but lets be honest wen your lashed u can (well i can) easily get carried away one nite and spend loads. The thing is the euro is not strong now, i done 1500 last year and that was for a week! Now twith the euro being almost to the pound, its gonna be wat 8 pound for a beer in clubs! obviously we had drinks b4 we got in there but lets be honest your not gonna go in there and jus rave it up, i like to at least drink a couple of drinks even if its water! im not sayin i will spend that much cos in theory id like to spend 400 if i could but these days in this finacial climate thats not gonna happen.

yea i kno they are the cheapest, but lets be honest wen your lashed u can (well i can) easily get carried away one nite and spend loads. The thing is the euro is not strong now, i done 1500 last year and that was for a week! Now twith the euro being almost to the pound, its gonna be wat 8 pound for a beer in clubs! obviously we had drinks b4 we got in there but lets be honest your not gonna go in there and jus rave it up, i like to at least drink a couple of drinks even if its water! im not sayin i will spend that much cos in theory id like to spend 400 if i could but these days in this finacial climate thats not gonna happen.

Yes it's all down to how good you are with your money I suppose...

My friends went after I came back last year and were going crazy spending 250 Euro each night in the clubs- they had to cut short their holiday by 3 days and fly home. :lol:

Yes it's all down to how good you are with your money I suppose...

My friends went after I came back last year and were going crazy spending 250 Euro each night in the clubs- they had to cut short their holiday by 3 days and fly home. :lol:

^^

Wow i wasnt that bad, see i wanna enjoy myself as much as i can cos ya only live once, partying so much that you run out of wonga and leavin the isle early!! then you know its not good

As has already been said in this topic, Ibiza has both the expensive and cheap ends of the market. If you wanna blow £1500 in a week you can do, no problem, if you're on a serious budget and don't mind eating at Burger King all week, that's not a problem either. Depends where and how you're gonna spend you money.

The exchange rate is looking pretty dire. Someone told me today that you're only getting 98 (euro) cents for your pound at the moment. Fingers crossed it improves a bit come June/July.

Last edited by a moderator:
As has already been said in this topic, Ibiza has both the expensive and cheap ends of the market. If you wanna blow £1500 in a week you can do, no problem, if you're on a serious budget and don't mind eating at Burger King all week, that's not a problem either. Depends where and how you're gonna spend you money.

The exchange rate is looking pretty dire. Someone told me today that you're only getting 98 (euro) cents for your pound at the moment. Fingers crossed it improves a bit come June/July.

I think the prices will reflect whats happening globally regarding the current financial crisis. Okay so you won't get that much of a saving on drinks in the big clubs but I think that there will definitely be even better deals in bars and for tickets/club entry. I really started to notice a change for the better on this last year and let's face it- the Island isn't going to be mega rammed this summer by the looks of it.

When I first went to Ibiza in '05 every night was 40-50 Euros for tickets (the cheapest night I went to was Radio 1 at Space, and that was 30 with a flyer.) Last year I got into the super clubs for 10-20 Euros.

Promoters running club nights will have to do something to keep the punters interested.

Yeah, I'm hoping the same.

Who knows? Maybe this financial crisis might even turn out to benefit the people who decide to go, in particular dedicated clubbers. Fewer people in general visiting means more space on the dancefloors, shorter queues and maybe a slightly more relaxed vibe to the place. Punters will be throwing their money about less meaning clubs and bars will have to fight harder with each other to get people through their doors, which in turn should mean more deals and more pressure on promoters to put on killer parties. And, while real clubbers and music fans will decide to travel no matter what the cost, hopefully talk of higher prices and bad exchange rates persuade more of the beer boys and lager louts to give it a miss this year... It might even mean a more balanced ratio of Brits to non-Brits.

That's my hope anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
The prices wont change a whole lot, I think your underestimating the greed of the clubs/promoters.

Well they have changed considerably for tickets since I first started going- now only the biggest nights are in the 50 euro range... and there are plenty of reduced wristbands/ invitation passes about more than ever.

God that is scary! Where is your friend getting his money from? The trading rate is at about 112 (euro) cents to the pound and from what I can gather the standard travel exchange rate for somewhere not charging commission is 108 (euro) cent to the pound (this is what M&S are offering at the moment). I don't think things will get any worse than this, but they probably won't get any better either. If interest rates are dropped again (which I can't see happening just yet) then we could be looking at a similar rate to your friend. I'm actually thinking of getting about half my travel money now.

im gonna take 3000 euros for 13 days,and the dinner is already paied,is better to take more than oyu tihink on waist,cause is very easy to spend money there,specally in the clubs!;)

im gonna take 3000 euros for 13 days,and the dinner is already paied,is better to take more than oyu tihink on waist,cause is very easy to spend money there,specally in the clubs!;)

That's serious money- If I took that i'd come back with 1000! :lol:

God that is scary! Where is your friend getting his money from? The trading rate is at about 112 (euro) cents to the pound and from what I can gather the standard travel exchange rate for somewhere not charging commission is 108 (euro) cent to the pound (this is what M&S are offering at the moment).

Well, that was back in March now. And it was a friend of mine telling me about the exchange rate that his dad got on one of his business trips. Couldn't tell you exactly where that was from..

Either way, we won't know the extent of the "damage" until June/July and there's not a lot we can do about it. Chin up and party on, I say.

Back