spending money worry

In BN3, its free entrance and have many drink offers...

Half Litre of Vodka Red Bull for 7EUR

Large Jugs of Cocktails for 13EUR

Beer 1.50 EUR

Often have some of the Islands bigest DJ's playing the Pre Parties.

seen your bar on Ibiza 2008, looks good fun, will have to check it out in July :)

Yeah, it depends on what u want to do when you're there.. If you plan on clubbing then you may be able to purchase tickets a little cheaper before you get out there, if you know what nights you want to go to. This will obviously save your spending money when there.. Food is reasonably priced, but if you are half board then you're breakfast and either lunch or evening meal is included anyway...? Supermarket prices are pretty standard really.

Drink prices are ridiculous in the clubs, even 4 water!! So if u intend on gettin pretty drunk then the bars in the west are the place 2 go b4 hand.. Even Bar M, Itaca & Plastik are gr8 bars and cheap enough. People who ''claim'' to have spent £1000 a week are either idiots or just trying to show off!! Ive been twice before and spent around £300-£400 in a week, managed to go to Space, Pacha & Eden, paid 4 taxi's and bought loadsa drink and that was plenty...

Bring on the summer!! :)

I have been to Ibiza twice now for 10 nights over the last two years and on each occasion spent around £1200-£1300. Neither time was a case of being an "idiot" or "showing off".
We used to enjoy sitting by the pool all day having a few relaxing beers, going out for meals (cheapish ones) most nights, boat parties and went fishing for the day. It all mounts up.
Then at night we went to Amnesia twice, privalige, space on sundays, eden and pacha.
Each time drinking at the hotel first and plying ourselves with the cheap west end drinks and hardly bought a drink in the clubs.

If your quite happy to sit by the pool all day, then get cheap drinks at the hotel/ west end before a club then, yes it can easily be done for £300/400.
But if you wanna make the most of the whole of Ibiza and not just the clubbing side, it can eaily mount up!

Hi, guys. I'm new to the forum. Been viewing from a far for while - mainly looking for info on what's going on out on the island this coming summer. But the spending money issue is one I've been pondering myself, so I thought I'd join.

I've been to Ibiza once so far, back in 2005. I'm returning this summer. And some of the people I went with in 2005 have been again since, and they all spent a grand each in a week.

I'd definitely go along with what people have already said here - if you only want to spend 400 quid, you can. I took about 450 with me in 2005. The thing is, in the first few days I worried a lot about whether I'd brought enough and ended up spending even more conservatively than I needed to, I actually came home with Euros in my wallet. The keys to keeping things cheap are a) shop around for your super club tickets, b) drink on the West End and don't buy drinks in the super clubs and c) eat at modestly priced places, particularly fast food joints. Also buying a bottle of athsinthe from a local shop to drink in your room before going out is a good way of getting hammered on the cheap. In 2005, me and my mates lived on Burger King and Pizza Hunt and drank 80-90% of all our alcohol in our rooms and on the West End... hence, why I only spent about 400 quid.

But, as Evolution has said, if you want to get the most out of the island, and if you want to be able to fully relax out there, you should probably take more. You could easily spend a grand if that's what you'd set yourself as your outer limit. Nice restaurants, plush bars like Coastline, more than the odd drink in the super clubs, boat trips etc... you don't have be an idiot or be trying to "show off" to do that. Ibiza offers both ends of the price scale, which in itself is a good thing. But, to me, Ibiza just wouldn't be Ibiza without regular trips to the Sunset Strip, and that costs.

For this coming summer, I was planning to take 100 more than I did in 2005. If anything just for the peace of mind. Now with the world economy the way it is and the pound weakening, I've upped that to 650. I may even up that by another 50 quid or so.

But, I've been wondering, how will the promoters and bar owners react to the world economic situation? I'm assuming the island, while still being quite lively, will be quieter this year and the punters that do go will be watching the pennies more closely. So, in theory, promoters are going to have to do more to entice people through their doors. Will prices fall on the island at all? Will there be more freebies and drinks deals?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering about this too.

last time i went to Ibiza (2002 (far too long ago!)), i used a general rule of thumb that the cost of an item in GB £ was roughly 2 thirds or 66% of the cost in euro, eg 9 euro was about 6 quid, 30 euro was 20 quid etc.

recently the money markets have dropped to the point that 1 euro was worth less than 1 quid!!! so where as a moderate club ticket of around 45 euro was about 30 quid, its now.... you guessed it £45, thats a 50% increase.

Now I accept that this price increase is no fault of the clubs or other suppliers/vendors, and I also accept that as they trade/buy in euro to buy in supplies, it's not like they are suddenly paying less/more for their wares, however.......

1 of two things is likely to happen this coming summer, either less of us Brits are going to take holidays in Europe, as the 'cost of living' in further reaching destinations offsets the increased cost of getting there...... or, when we do visit europe, we won't have as much disposable income, so we'll be much more frugal with our hard earned, and a lot choosier where we spend it.

Will the clubs/bars etc be willing to basically take a cut in proffit margins to entice punters into their establishments, and if they do, will the quality of their product/ service remain at the same level, or will it be 'dilouted' in some way?

I'm not against people making a proffit, as a car salesman, I spend most of my life dealing with people who try everything possible to get what they want whilst allowing the vendor to make as little proffit as possible, what they don't realise is that if no proffit is made, the vendor no longer exists the next time they are needed.

When my wife and I booked for 2009, we had an expected budget of around £1000 for the two of us for a fortnight, we've now revised that to around £1500, working on the 50% increase theory. (not that i'm gloating, but this includes factoring in the fact we get 'advantage' exchange rates as my wife is a uk travel agent/ beurau de change assistant)

How many others of you out there are seriously re-thinking your 2009 stay? I don't mean thinking of cancelling, but either re-thinking the amount of spendo's, or the number of club nights, boat trips, excursions etc you're going to participate in?

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Tony

I'm assuming a lot of people will say that the weakening of the pound won't have much impact because that weakening only affects British holiday makers. But, those British holiday makers will inevitabley be a lot more careful with their money, and they're a big part of the market. And, aside from our own currency issues, the economic slump is worldwide. So most people visiting the island will probably be more concerned about money than they have ever been going to Ibiza.

I'm sure most successful brands and promoters in Ibiza will still be able to make a handsome profit. But they have to be affected by the economic slow down like everyone else. Surely? I suppose these questions won't really be answered for certain until the season opens up. I'm assuming some will chance it, keep with the same prices and bomb, some will lower prices and thrive and vise versa. And I suppose promoters are caught between a rock and hard place. It's going to cost them more to put nights on for people who will be unusually tight with their money compared to previous years. Will the parties suffer as I result? And how much so?

I was just wondering what people thought might happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.... no offence to anyone using the european currency but the euro looks like its on its way down as well! So by summer it should have imporved slightly :) unless of course the club prices do not decrease with the euro, if that is the case I shall not even bother going! :( I don't want to pay a lot of money for an average time (may as well go to an average location and pay average prices and still have an average time, ay?!). I'm already planning to take just over £2000 for 2weeks as I am going to the big clubs at least 10/14 nights. I really hope it improves!!! I want to have a fab time and not worry about money!

8) ♫___IBIZA 09___♫ 8)

Well.... no offence to anyone using the european currency but the euro looks like its on its way down as well! So by summer it should have imporved slightly :) unless of course the club prices do not decrease with the euro, if that is the case I shall not even bother going! :( I don't want to pay a lot of money for an average time (may as well go to an average location and pay average prices and still have an average time, ay?!). I'm already planning to take just over £2000 for 2weeks as I am going to the big clubs at least 10/14 nights. I really hope it improves!!! I want to have a fab time and not worry about money!

8) ♫___IBIZA 09___♫ 8)

It depends what you want from Ibiza really - your talking about an average holiday - then agree - go somewhere out of the € zone you will get more for your money that's for sure. However if your going to Ibiza for Ibiza and for what Ibiza is all about then.......

Personally, I have never had an "average" holiday in Ibiza. You make your holiday what it is....

8) ♫___IBIZA 09___♫ 8)

But surely, if Ibiza is going to suffer from the economic situation then the average places will suffer as well? In other words, if you're going to have an average time in Ibiza, you'll be likely to have a less than average time in the places that are normally average.

And I think "average" is the wrong word really. Sure, 2009 could end up being a "quieter" year compared to previous years, but could Ibiza ever be "average"? And, I think for some of us the extra expense is an inconvenience rather than something that will ruin our holidays.

Kim, when you and your friends heading out there?? your not staying at the ES Mitjorn are you??

Thats about half way round the bay, there's 11 of us going in June so keep in touch...sure the lads wont mind treating you all to a drink or two round the pool..:D

Cant effing wait its driving me insane waiting for June to come!!

BTW, what is the mood of the people where you you folks live? Do you feel an air of tension and agitation?

I am noticing a decent increase of tension and agitation when I drive around town here, and hence, I was wondering what you folks have noticed or felt where you live.

Of course driving around town you will feel agitation !
Walking around,meeting people there is a general moany feeling about the financial situation,but nothing over the top,that's me though, everyone has a different perspective..Peace..:)

Of course driving around town you will feel agitation !
Walking around,meeting people there is a general moany feeling about the financial situation,but nothing over the top,that's me though, everyone has a different perspective..Peace..:)

Thanks for the feedback. I am in Outside Sales, and if I do not drive around then I have one heck of an expensive chair.:lol:

BTW, what is the mood of the people where you you folks live? Do you feel an air of tension and agitation?

I am noticing a decent increase of tension and agitation when I drive around town here, and hence, I was wondering what you folks have noticed or felt where you live.

really?? sounds like classic GOP propaganda, i dunno, maybe fox news making a big deal of granny bashings (the like of which happen daily all over the world). wheel out karl rove to explain how a beat up grandma in dullsville, wyoming relates to the war on terrorism and you've got the anti-obama machine cranked up one more notch.

viva the land of the free!

btw - how do you notice tension and agitation just driving around, are you going past people just on the streets like this.....

AngryManPT.jpg

really?? sounds like classic GOP propaganda, i dunno, maybe fox news making a big deal of granny bashings (the like of which happen daily all over the world). wheel out karl rove to explain how a beat up grandma in dullsville, wyoming relates to the war on terrorism and you've got the anti-obama machine cranked up one more notch.

viva the land of the free!

btw - how do you notice tension and agitation just driving around, are you going past people just on the streets like this.....

AngryManPT.jpg

I wish I was coming across the person above. Then it would be simply comical.

I am in an Outside Sales environment selling process control equipment to power plants, water/waste water, food, pharma and oil & gas industries so I come across people ranging from engineers to field technicians. It is more the tone of an appreciable percentage of the folks during conversations that was alarming to me.

In addition, most of the folks that I would hang out with when clubbing would normally not even be remotely interested in current affairs, but increasingly they are getting concerned.

As I mentioned, I hope that it is nothing.

Back