spending money worry

Well, that was back in March now. And it was a friend of mine telling me about the exchange rate that his dad got on one of his business trips. Couldn't tell you exactly where that was from..

I think there were a few grim days last month when if you took off onerous fees (for instance getting it in a tourist area over the counter) it came in at 1:1ish

im taking 500 euros this year, spent about the same last year for a week.
If need be then i will draw some more cash out.
Hoping to get some group discounts on tickets too as there is about 15 of us going. :D

its all about drinking before you go out. dont think i will ever by a drink in the clubs again. Cost me 80 euros in amnesia a few years ago for 4 drinks. Learnt my lesson!

Kim, when you and your friends heading out there?? your not staying at the ES Mitjorn are you??

Thats about half way round the bay, there's 11 of us going in June so keep in touch...sure the lads wont mind treating you all to a drink or two round the pool..:D

Cant effing wait its driving me insane waiting for June to come!!

Mitjorn isnt in the bay its in San An, the view from the pool is fabulous btw!!

I'm bringing between €3500 - €4000 for two weeks living in ireland so exchange rate doesnt bother me should be more then enough to last two weeks but i wanna make a serious sesh of it going hitting alot of big nights just not bringing more then 50 to the clubs ever when i am over there.

no more nando's at bar m..... their new posters announce "american style fresh food" which, i suppose, will be more or less the same ! !
:arrow:
30xeb9c.jpg

we're going for a week from 18th june,8 of us 4 couples mid 30's to early 40's we're working on 1k per cpl,me and the wife went last yr at the same time stayed at the hotel hawaai all inc and did 500 quid getting 1.25 euro to the pound not really doing a lot went to amnesia for cream and pacha for retro classics,so not exactly hardcore cluubing.maybe we were doing things wrong but i thought it was fairly pricey.
n.b if you do go in june we got loads of free tickets for eden,amnesia,el divino and priv..alltho not for the big nights,but free is free afterall.
whatever your budget tho ibiza is fantastic enjoy ur hol

hey :)

just needing a bit of advice really from people who've been before on not only clubbing but just the cost of living on some sort of budget in ibiza!

my friends and i (there's nine of us going) are students off to uni in september so we don't have a lot of cash.
not ones to do it by halves we've booked up to go to ibiza for two weeks in june! staying in san antonio bay half board, and we don't expect to do ALL the clubs just as many as possible... spending a lot of the days just relaxing and trying to save our moneyyy.

all we've heard from people who've been so far is stories of needing "£1000 for one week" and "at least £100 a day!" whatever that is in euros this year, but surely the cost of just living ie. alcohol and bottled water from supermarkets are reasonably priced?

thanks x

Don´t go to mini-supermarkets in SAN AN for the alcohol. I usually go to a supermarket (not for tourist) called "SUMA" in San Antonio Bay , is much more cheaper.

Phew

I was so worried I'd end up short of beer tokens so been saving like mad £5000 for me and the G/F for 2 weeks. After reading this thread I feel I'll be OK

I was so worried I'd end up short of beer tokens so been saving like mad £5000 for me and the G/F for 2 weeks. After reading this thread I feel I'll be OK

How ridiculous! ;)

On the subject of alcohol, I always buy some packs of beer/spirits from the big supermarket just outside of San An, near the police station. Works out at about 40cents per bottle of beer. Don't really see any tourists in there, mainly locals.

Don´t go to mini-supermarkets in SAN AN for the alcohol. I usually go to a supermarket (not for tourist) called "SUMA" in San Antonio Bay , is much more cheaper.

where bouts in the bay is that mate? - names of hotels next to it etc for a reference point? 8)

We made a lot of mistakes last year and spent a lot more money than we needed to. Most notably - E55 each to get into Amnesia on the door (ouch!) and E100 for dinner one night when my b/f went mad ordering huge portions of bbq meat and veg, without checking the price first.

This year I'd like as much money as possible diverted into clubbing, so that we don't get stressed about buying 10 beers in Space. I notice a lot of people are advocating the "get drunk cheaply before you go to a club" strategy. My problem is I don't usually drink a lot in the early evening, and I really wouldn't want to turn up to a club plastered as they may not let you in. We're just gonna cop it sweet and have accepted that it's about £200 per night for the 2 of us to go superclubbing.

However, we are saving money on the hotel and meals by booking a cheaper hotel that's about 600m from where we'd really prefer to be, and by going half-board for only an extra E5 per person per day. At that rate, we can still afford to eat out a few nights. We spent a huge amount of money on lunches and dinners last year, and the food in Ibiza really isn't worth it - it's not that great!

Other tricks to try (come on - I used to be a student and did the whole interrailing thing on a wing and a prayer ... old habits die hard):

1. "Operation picnic"
Take a bag with you to breakfast. Fill it up with bread, yoghurts, cheese, fruit etc that you can have for lunch. If you're very confident about it, no one will notice or care. If challenged, say you weren't feeling that hungry and are just taking some bits to your room to finish your breakfast later.

2. "DIY lunch and snacks"
Get lunch from the supermarket. We're both mad fans of gazpacho and found you can get cartons of Alvalle gazpacho for a few Euros - they have several varieties - delicious.

Get a cool bag and ice, buy stuff in the morning to eat at lunch time. Buy fruit etc to take to the beach. Stop buying ice creams!!

3. "DIY dinner"
As for (2). I don't really rate the advice to live on Burger king and KFC. Apart from the fact that you may as well be in Islington as Ibiza, is the fact that you'll end up feeling bloated and unwell. I'd be inclined to research some off-the-beaten-track eateries if you can, or see if you can find a decent supermarket so that you can make salads etc. Better still, get a good value half-board deal.

We're also investigating the smaller, free clubs this time round. If we're eating in the hotel, then we'll probably be done with that by 9 or 10pm, so gives us all night to do something exciting instead of wandering around for hours looking for a menu that actually gets the juices flowing.

I don't think we'll spend any less money, but I hope we use it more wisely!

LttP

As for (2). I don't really rate the advice to live on Burger king and KFC. Apart from the fact that you may as well be in Islington as Ibiza, is the fact that you'll end up feeling bloated and unwell.

Having done it before myself, I don't think I would really rate it either. After 4 or 5 days of Burger King, it really does play havoc with your digestive system. And I'm not sure it gives you anything like enough energy. We did it last time more because we were immature 18 year olds with a lingering adolescent appreciation for fast food, more than just being skint.

But if you're on a serious budget (say 300-400 for a week) and not that fussy about food on holiday, it really is a cheap option. It's a good emergency option, I think, because restaurants on top of super clubs can really eat into cash quickly.

We're half-board this time (as opposed to bed and breakfast) and, as I said previously in this topic, I'm taking a lot more money this time, so I'll be pretty unlikely to have Burger King, Pizza Hunt or KFC more than once all week, if at all.

Hi Phil,

Well I'm almost devastated to discover that my thoughts/advice are actually appreciated by "da yoof". Well, not really - I'm glad to see that common sense prevails.

I like fast food as much as the next person, but it does make me feel quite ill after a while. Actually, last year, I got so fed up with the crappy pastas and pizzas and other nonsense served up at restaurants that I ended up having just gazpacho and bread one night, and thinking I'd rather have a Big Mac + salad another.

Point being - gotta eat reasonably well to have the energy to party!

In my nurturing, Mummy-mode - I'd really suggest that people figure a way to eat fish and salad, rather than Burger King and KFC.

If the truth be told, I was incredibly disappointed in Ibicenco food. I'd expected it to be like other Mediterranean cuisine - fresh, tasty and wholesome. I thought there would be barbecued sardines and such, like they have in Portugal. So I was well disappointed by the greasy paellas, and the anaemic salads.

Anyway - tip for a cheap, healthy meal is bread and allioli + gazpacho!

LttP

apparently a colleague in here knows someone going next week for a weeks clubbing holiday taking...

....£400 spending money

thats the first 2 days sorted then :lol:

apparently a colleague in here knows someone going next week for a weeks clubbing holiday taking...

....£400 spending money

thats the first 2 days sorted then :lol:
... maybe enough - but only if you skip clubbing these 2 nights :lol:

spending money

I went last year in september, which is a slightly cheaper time then anyway, we went half board in san antonio, went out for lunch everyday and a couple of evening meals.

we went to Cream at Amnesia, es paradis and privilege for teisto's closing.

i took £500 out there with me an i came home with £30!

we bought our clubs tickets from music shops and our rep.
founds a flyer for discount to es paradis in a local shop. bought most of our booze from the hotel or supermarket and done lots more excursions ect.

It pays to shop around!

and catch the discobus for cheap travel. or free bus from bars and you'll be fine!

don't worry yourself too much if you go throwing your cash about it won't last.

Plan each day as it comes!

im going to ibiza next month and i can't wait. I am going for a week and bringing £700 with me hopefully, what i tend to do is plan how much i am going to take out each day of my holiday, i usually find that i dont spend all my days money and have some carried over for the next day. This year for the first couple of days we are planning on hiring a car and look around the island, so the good thing with that is we wont be planning on going out every night and spending heaps load of money on booze :)

Back