space we love

Nothing wrong with that - people who record half a set when they should be enjoying themselves are sad!

Thats my point lol some people have held it together and recorded peak moments for youtube when everyone is suddenly jumping and screaming with glee with the title " DJ whoever drops certain tune!!" lol a particular one is where everyone in DC10 sits on the floor and then jumps in the air when the bass kicks.. said geek has been waiting to capture that moment for hours :lol:

ive enjoyed watchin the sitdown stand up vids from dc10 as ive never experienced it when i went there. i wouldnt say the people are sad for recording it, obviously if your cameras in ya hand and everyones sittin down your gonna wanna record it arnt you?.

I sometimes start recording for song ID purposes or whatever but the visuals are mostly a blur of lights, legs and floor as I can't keep still for long.

I've been in 07 and last year in 08. I wish I went 10 years earlier.

Its more corporate, no day parties and the crowd isnt full of freaks as it once was.

Would go back again, but anyone saying its as good as it used to be is deluded.

just my opinion.

spot on mate
;)

But thats the point, this idea that because something isnt as good as it was once was (which i fully accept ibiza isnt what it once was) doesn't automatically have to mean it isn't good today. there are levels of how good something it can be and all those who going can testify that it is not 'dead' and clearly is still pretty good!

Levels, exactly!!! I'd much rather fly to Ibiza and go to Space now, than go out to a house/techno night in the UK packed full of stroppy faced, straight, no taste 18-20 somethings standing around, not dancing or smiling and posing, which is what the scene has become here. Still beats that everytime!!!! It still is the original and best! Ibiza's been a centre of hedonism for thousands of years and still will be in one form or another, despite authorities!!!

a house/techno night in the UK packed full of stroppy faced, straight, no taste 18-20 somethings standing around, not dancing or smiling and posing, which is what the scene has become here.

It isn't like that in Glasgow. Always goes off at a party up here. surely you must be able to visit a night where the people have taste?

It isn't like that in Glasgow. Always goes off at a party up here. surely you must be able to visit a night where the people have taste?

its not really like that in the clubs I go to in London either. I have been in Clubs in Ibiza where everyone was standing about.

Last edited by a moderator:
and housekitten: in 10 years there wont be any club open anymore because of all the golf courses and 5 star resorts. not my time is over, ibiza`s time is over! sad but true
LOL thats just crazy talk :lol:
Ibiza's time is nowhere near over...not saying it hasnt changed, but its SOOOO far from its time being over.

Was at We Love loast Sep and at 6pm the Space Terraza was jammin..
Of COURSE not like back in the heyday - was there in 2003 also in Sep and that was bonkers.

It all depends on the person..if you're going to Ibiza to compare it with how it was in "the day" then of course you'll be disappointed.
If you're going with the mind set of havin a great time, then you'll still thoroughly enjoy it.

Heh, i'll be there this Sep at 32 for the 3rd time - 1st time for the fiancee - and i def dont see it being our last time together :D

Thats good that you 2 enjoy it:). Its just me, I don't, so I mostly go clubbing in Ibiza now or if I do go clubbing, I go to stuff like Horse Meat Disco where its more relaxed. I do think sone clubs in London are a bit atmosphereless. I haven't been out in Scotland for a long time. Went to the Honeycomb once, that was really good. I didn't mean to say that every night in Ibiza is ace, it obviously won't be, there'll be off nights both in Ibiza and UK. Everytime I've been to space though, its been mega!

Oh yes a bunch of coke head posers trying to look like freaks with the odd genuine one , one or two people dancing, and grapes.. definitely NOT my kind of party

What is your kinda party cos that description sound like space just now. Apart from no-one is trying to look like freaks.

Forum guidelines state that I can't give you that description :lol:

saying that though I can only account for the people in my immediate surroundings so I may be wrong about everything!! The other people may be sat down having a cup of tea and I've just not noticed! I will ever know.... so I guess someone is going to be assigned video geek when I'm there this year in order that I may assess the evidence :lol:

It has been really interesting reading everyone´s comments regarding space / Ibiza etc.

I went for my first time back in 97 and then went 98 and 99, and loved it..........I then had a massive break and went back in 2006 and .....although i have to admit i did spend the first hour or so in space (after a very hazy night in amnesia) complaining about the new terrace, I soon got into it.

I remember people saying back then...that ibiza had lost it´s charm etc. and i think that´s rubbish....... and completely agree with some people have written here....it´s what you make of it!!

I have been to we love for the past three years...and last year the sunset terrace was packed by 6pm......and i didn´t stop bouncing around until about 11pm...it was great. Ok so the music has changed, and although i loved the fact that they used to mix it up a bit (Ej. cracking Madonna´s "Holiday" midway through a set), it still keeps gets me dancing. And yes there is the ocassional t*** (Ej. some chav slated the t-shirt i was wearing a couple of years ago...what is that about???) but i´m afraid that you´ll get that anywhere...and you just have to dance around them.

Two years ago, I remember dancing in the same spot for about 3 hours, not wanting to go to the toilet just in case i missed something!! I just hope it´s the same again this year!!

Anyway I just wanted to put my two pence worth in and say, daytime clubbing isn´t dead, ok so the laws have changed.......but lets make the most of what we can still do!!! Im over in Ibiza the weekend of september the 6th with about 15 others early doors, ready to have a good old boogey on the sunset terrace!! Hopefully see you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I just wanted to put my two pence worth in and say, daytime clubbing isn´t dead, ok so the laws have changed.......but lets make the most of what we can still do!!!

cannot understand this. daytime clubbing is dead in Ibiza, on its definition alone. No loud music until 4pm @ Bora Bora as far as I know.

****ing shame and half of the board know it

Why do some people always think about the bad side of things instead of concentrating on the good?

I could just imagine your faces when you found out you had 5 numbers and the bonus ball, I can see you weeping into your cornflakes each morning imagining how it COULD have been :lol:

Back