space we love

I'm not really one for the whole "it used to better back in the day" chat but when it comes to space and bora bora, they were both definitely better 'back in the day' :rolleyes:

I started going to ibiza in 2000 and have been every year since. The old terrace at space on a sunday was something special. Longest shift i managed there was 14hrs one year. :eek: << looked pretty similar to this afterwards. The new space set up just hasn't done it for me. I go every year, but, I havn't enjoyed it as much as i used to previously. The crowd is even so different. A lot less flamboyant types and a lot less variety of weirdo's (who made it coo). More the 'it's cool to be here (or so i read somewhere)' types hanging around. Too much VIP nonsense going on aswell.

As for bora bora... the magic of that place used to be going down at 7am or whatever, they'd be setting up the sun loungers with music playing the background and come 12ish they'd crank it up and there'd be a full blown party by lunch time with people dancing in tables by 4pm. fvckin wicked times....

shame... :(

absolutely hit the nail on the head. This is what the true sprirt of Space and Bora Bora was all about and sadly it's gone forever... I just found both venues soulless and devoid of all their original hedonistic charm when i went back last year.

I wasn't going to interrupt in this crybaby fest since I was never in Ibiza "back in the day", I only went there for the first time this summer.

On a sunday I went to Bora Bora, showing up around 4-5. it was a bit crowded and i checked the whole place out before finding a place to sit down and relax on the beach. it was very, very different from what I saw in the youtube videos (yeah maybe its not wise to base expectations on a youtube video ;) ).

Bora Bora on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywAYoQ0FAVk

I didnt find that spirit. Granted I might have shown up on the wrong day or too early in the season, and yes I did have a good time , but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.. with that said I would definetely go again next time I am in Ibiza.

See MY YouTube Videos of Bora Bora this summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1u9idBhgQ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71l3WBpyN6g

Now I showed up that day to Space around 10pm. the terrace had *some* people in it, while the main room had like 15 people in it. It did fill up within an hour though, and the rest of the night was banging, but nothing compared to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbEQBDsuhUw

MY YouTube videos of Space this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JB8Gv_M7qM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k350te2EIG8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYHwNFkw8Zk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R1W7Nq1Rm0

As you can see, it was still electric but its turned into a night "club" rather than an all day all night club as it used to be.

The vibe isn't the same nor is the atmostphere, but its still alot of fun and its still a unique Ibiza experiecne.

Space has changed/adapted to the new opening hours, thats all.

Yes it used to be a day thing, but it no longer is.

I used to go at 2-3pm, the place would be rammed and in full swing, the headliners would play from around this time till the Terrace closed at midnight. I would then leave around midnight/1am, as the Discoteca was grim IMO.

I think the venue (as a whole) has improved tenfold in the last 5 years, however the new opening hours have killed the essence of the club.

I used to go at 2-3pm, the place would be rammed and in full swing, the headliners would play from around this time till the Terrace closed at midnight. I would then leave around midnight/1am, as the Discoteca was grim IMO.

I think the venue (as a whole) has improved tenfold in the last 5 years, however the new opening hours have killed the essence of the club.

You are right that they have adapted to the new regulations, whihc they had to do of course. But still, this is a new situation for them and especially the WLS crew.

It's a lot of "crying" on this board that things used to be better, I agree. But still, in this thread the people that have been "crying" have come up with some great suggestions for how to improve it rather than complaining. Nothing wrong in that, is there?

If the reports here are correct I think it time for WLS to do some drastic changes to get them back in the great position they were not to fade into another average (by Ibiza standards) party.

Free entrance before X, €20 entrance before Y, passouts after midnight when its allready going etc... there are a lot of ways they could try a Sunday or two just to see how it goes and the losses will be minimal averaged over the season and the potential gain is great. Maybe they should just have a meeting with the Carl Cox crew as they used some of this to build one of the most successful nights the last years.

The message coming out mainly on here is that people miss the Sunset Terrace (or Terrace back in the day) This was the unique element of Space that made it different. From that came Bora Bora, with its Space dropouts late afternoon early evening.

My last daytime party at Space was Matinee in 07 but I did manage the Sunset Terrace last year for WLS in early September last year, arriving about 7-8pm. It was going pretty well by 9pm with Smokin Jo doing her stuff. This is the best it will get I,m afraid now.

What I would like to see is promoters cashing in on this pull of the Terrace, its uniqueness, its feeling of being in Ibiza which is what we all go for.

Get people in early. Give them a passout. Give them a free drink. Get them through the doors quicker. You can in essence have two sittings, but please make it worthwhile.

In all honesty, if it was not for the terrace being open in daylight I dont think I would go. But I dont want to go this September (WLS as not there for CC on Tues) and find that its me and my mate doing a Waltz on our own.

Sorry to have to be the one to tell you. But you're getting too old. :twisted:

:lol:

hardly. i'm only 25. i've just been going long enough to see it change into something that i'm not too excited about anymore. i still love ibiza but space and bora bora aint what they were. i'll most definitely be back to both of them regardless (old habits and that). I had a fantastic time in the space discoteca at the WLS opening party this year, and i've never been one for spending much time in there. In saying that, the sound in the terrace was shockingly poor so i wasn't going to be hanging around there much.

Sadly for Ibiza the day time clubbing scene in dead.

I lived there in 01,02,03 and went back last year to Space..highly dissapointed I have to say..Arrived at about 5pm and the place was dead...the new terrace was open, the old terrace was open, well the bar was, nobody there..so i decided to ahve a look in the main room, whne i arrived there I was told it does not open till Midnight????????
I do remember arriving at space in them days, and the place was packed to capacity, and the main room was heaving at by 2pm...
Dont get me wrong, I did enjoy last year, but was not a patch on the crazinees of the years previous I had been going....Music wise, was all electro on the terrace, which was pretty the norm for then, unfortunatley...:((
Im skipping Ibiza this year, I will be back next year, as I do still really love the amnesia floor!!

I'm a bit out of touch lads, on Sunday 2nd I'm gonna get to Bora Bora at 1630, then get over to space about 1900, is this a wise move???

from what people are saying on here - 2200 would be wiser!
really good thing about ibiza is the fact that sun goes completely down only by 21:30-22:00 so even if u'll come in 21:00 it still will be sun on the terrace, won't it...? :)

You people are cry babies, really! :twisted:

Just don't bother going early/late season cause then Space on Sundays is a hit and miss thing.

Go in the peak time/mid season (end of July/start of August) and then you'll experience We Love Sundays @ Space at it's best, where all areas are packed during most of the party!

Space isn't dead, it's just need to be done in the proper time of the season plus experience can teach you the best arrival hour - a thing which most of you lack here!

Adapt to the changes - don't ignore them and stop whining about how good it was back in the days (I was there back then also, but still i keep my tears and complaints to myself).

my 2 cents.

to be fair mate it is a public forum on the review section so people are gonna put their reviews good or bad

space(sun)

that`s the point...space without the sun, is like a bavarian oktoberfest without the beer ... ;) :spank:

Last edited by a moderator:
My lil brother got back from his first time in Ibiza yesterday he said we love was already packed when he arrived there at 10pm

I'm a bit out of touch lads, on Sunday 2nd I'm gonna get to Bora Bora at 1630, then get over to space about 1900, is this a wise move???

your pretty much going at the peak of the season so I cant see u having to get their that late.All these reviews of people saying it was dead early on seem to be from people who have gone june early july. end of July to August Ibiza as a whole is packed. ?I havent been since 2006 but im guessing space should still be packed by about 6-7. Afterall isnt it radio 1 weekend when your there?

Back