space we love

sundays @ space late 90`s early 00`s. what a happening.have breakfast and a quick sunbath,then go right at it and everyone was there. main room full early afternoon. darrrrk :evil: and the perfect place after the sunbath to get dirty.space dancers coolest in the world doing a great job to the dark beats. rocking times which will never come back. young partypeople: you`re definately born in the wrong time, but have fun and enjoy ibiza anyways...but u`ll never experience what we did. i hope ibiza will change back some days or there will be another place like 90`s ibiza. but for today, the party is over in ibiza...just commerce and wanna-be. SAD

your pretty much going at the peak of the season so I cant see u having to get their that late.All these reviews of people saying it was dead early on seem to be from people who have gone june early july. end of July to August Ibiza as a whole is packed. ?I havent been since 2006 but im guessing space should still be packed by about 6-7. Afterall isnt it radio 1 weekend when your there?

Yes it is mate, I'm sure there is some exaggeration on here,, whilst it might not be as mental as it used to be, i'm sure it is anything but dead! I know a young lad working out there this summer and he's having the time of his life! I went to space for the manumission follow on in 1999, and for my stag in 2005, I can't wait to get there again!! c'mon!

sundays @ space late 90`s early 00`s. what a happening.have breakfast and a quick sunbath,then go right at it and everyone was there. main room full early afternoon. darrrrk :evil: and the perfect place after the sunbath to get dirty.space dancers coolest in the world doing a great job to the dark beats. rocking times which will never come back. young partypeople: you`re definately born in the wrong time, but have fun and enjoy ibiza anyways...but u`ll never experience what we did. i hope ibiza will change back some days or there will be another place like 90`s ibiza. but for today, the party is over in ibiza...just commerce and wanna-be. SAD

thats helpful for all the young peeps up for a good time! bet you're all pipe, slippers, and bratwurst now eh fella??

That seems a bit OTT mate. I've said thats it's changed, but, i've also said that i still have a great time. It's just different. If you hadn't been before it all changed then your not gonna know the difference and you'll appreciate it for what it is now.

Sounds like your time is over.

Things change and people change. I'm sure the late 90s were something very special but so were the late 80s. These are the late 00's my friend and its time for the new generation of clubbers to come up with the next best thing.

Sven Cox yep you really are past it I'm afraid... Granted I'm not ancient but I'm old enough to say its how you feel inside.. I first went clubbing 17 years ago when I was 14 in all these years I am having the best time now.. as for Ibiza the first time I went in 1999 the music was not better then in general sorry, neither were the people, or the clubs.. Space terrace was rammed at 12 in the afternoon when I went in 2007 ..guess what in 10 years time every club may be open 24/7 are you gonna spit your false teeth out cos you can't be part of it?? Get over it you've had your time let others have theirs 8)

I am glad I experienced the old terrace at Space back in 2004,2005 I was at the opening of the New Terrace when Groove Amarda headlined and still thought Space was special,2006 was the last time I was there and Space was goin off at 4-5 oclock on the sunset terrace with Jonathan Ulysses. I didnt go 07 or 08 and the laws an that have changed but I for one can not wait to get myself back on that Terrace on August 16th.Whatever anybody ever says, you cant get that feeling you get in Space anywhere in the world. Chemical Brothers and Jeff Mills are headlining when I go and cant ****in wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This exact time in 4 weeks ill be on the Terrace!!!

Sven Cox yep you really are past it I'm afraid... Granted I'm not ancient but I'm old enough to say its how you feel inside.. I first went clubbing 17 years ago when I was 14 in all these years I am having the best time now.. as for Ibiza the first time I went in 1999 the music was not better then in general sorry, neither were the people, or the clubs.. Space terrace was rammed at 12 in the afternoon when I went in 2007 ..guess what in 10 years time every club may be open 24/7 are you gonna spit your false teeth out cos you can't be part of it?? Get over it you've had your time let others have theirs 8)

:lol:

I was 15! 'park avenue' by Richmond Bridge :oops:

yo people, I`M NOT OLD. i`m just honestly speaking out what u think. of course u can still have fun @ space. just go to one of coxy`s nights. and i didnt want to offend any younger clubberers, but still the atmosphere isnt what it was in space before the youtube era.FULL STOP! everyone making stupid movies with their cameras today instead of enjoying themselves. i couldnt even hold a camera back then. and housekitten: in 10 years there wont be any club open anymore because of all the golf courses and 5 star resorts. not my time is over, ibiza`s time is over! sad but true
cu guys @ the terrace and have a jaegermeister on me

yo people, I`M NOT OLD. i`m just honestly speaking out what u think. of course u can still have fun @ space. just go to one of coxy`s nights. and i didnt want to offend any younger clubberers, but still the atmosphere isnt what it was in space before the youtube era.FULL STOP! everyone making stupid movies with their cameras today instead of enjoying themselves. i couldnt even hold a camera back then. and housekitten: in 10 years there wont be any club open anymore because of all the golf courses and 5 star resorts. not my time is over, ibiza`s time is over! sad but true
cu guys @ the terrace and have a jaegermeister on me

Why do you feel the need to tell younger clubbers that its not as good anymore anyway , even if that is true what is the point in telling them??

Like a big kid I've got a brand new mac book the newest model but you have got a cheap dell you bought in Tescos... its like that kind of mentality sorry but its true.. YOU can't tell people if they are having less fun than you are.. there is no golf course on top of space yet so quit your effin whining and get to we love at 4:30 cos its the people that make a party not the lack of roof etc the DJs wouldnt play chill out crap if there were people there... that goes to everyone who turns up at 12pm and then complains about the ticket price YOU GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO ARRIVE AT 4.30 IN THE AFTERNOON IF YOU SO WISH OBVIOUSLY THEN YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH FROM YOUR TICKET

I do agree with you about the camera thing tho.. its nice to have the odd photo or short vid but standing there making films for youtube is sad

I think the key quote here is "ibiza's time is over". I have been meaning to go to Ibiza for over 10 years and finally went last year and one of my biggest regrets on seeing it was that i didnt go there in its hey day when it was clearly a lot better...

BUT

I still loved it and am going back this year along with tens of thousands of other people. I 100% accept it isnt what it was but it was still amazing and unique and as long as there are people enjoying like i did (and the thousands going suggest there are), then it is not over. It is just over as you know it.

There is always this obsession with things everywhere not being as good as they were! In brighton, the clubs aren't as good as they were, but you know what, a lot of them are packed every weekend with people who love them. They aren't dead, they just aren't what i want anymore and as such, I dont walk around telling people in them how much better it was when i used to go 10 years ago!

8)Makes me cringe people going on and on about Ibizas time is over. First time I went was 2003 when Space had the old Terrace and Bora Bora was in full swing by 12 in the afternoon you still had people then saying " oh its not what is used to be". Fair enough you can say that about anything. The crowd of Ibiza has changed also? so what???. At the end of the day apart from this year(credit crunch), Ibiza has always got busier and busier every year, busier than it ever was back in the day. So to say its over is aload of ****e. NO!!! your young clubbing days when you didnt give a **** are over!! Mine are still going strong and I cant wait to get back there this year for my 5th time after 3 years away from the place.

IBIZA will NEVER die!!:)

Thats my whole point if you can still love it why are you even bothering to worry about whether it was better before???

The only thing thats gone is the morning clubbing I don't get why that makes such a huge difference?? When I went to space in the morning at 11am I can assure you I was flagging by 3a,m .. I don't know what time I left but didn't have long before DC10 then by the time I went to Cocoon that night I was like a zombie.. this was in 2007 it was the best time I had ever I can't see how people can say well you didn't have as good a time as I did in 1992..cos its bol**** the same as I wouldn't say to someone now well you wernt there in 07 I was allowed into Space 5 hours before you so I had a much better time , they could just turn round to me and say well I went to Space at 6pm and I was still flat out partying at 6 am, went home had a sleep fresh as a daisy for more partying in Cocoon etc etc and as for saying Ibiza is over errm its not right now so stfu cos we are all going to die one day .. its called living for the moment get it 8)

And as for in ten years there wont be a club anymore maybe there will be new bigger better ones , maybe there will be lots of small more underground ones, maybe all the die hard Ibiza lovers will have to find some hippies to party with on the mountain you aint mystic meg mate deal with it

Last edited by a moderator:
I do agree with you about the camera thing tho.. its nice to have the odd photo or short vid but standing there making films for youtube is sad

I made short films (-30 secs) for youtube to show a glimpse of what i got to experience. i dont see how that is sad.

to the op: yeah space was probably better back in the day. ibiza days are over? tell that to the xx,000s clubbers having the time of their lives there as we speak. you're talking about a difference of three to six years! i lost three to six years in my sleep my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in 07 and last year in 08. I wish I went 10 years earlier.

Its more corporate, no day parties and the crowd isnt full of freaks as it once was. Still a great place, but from speaking to people that have been there back then, they used to dance with the roof off, take unadulterated drugs and not have any police shut villa parties down.

Been to Berlin 3 times and a far better clubbing experience imo.

Would go back again, but anyone saying its as good as it used to be is deluded.

just my opinion.

I made short films (-30 secs) for youtube to show a glimpse of what i got to experience. i dont see how that is sad.

to the op: yeah space was probably better back in the day. ibiza days are over? tell that to the xx,000s clubbers having the time of their lives there as we speak. you're talking about a difference of three to six years! i lost three to six years in my sleep my friend.

Read my post properly I said its nice to have the odd photo or short vid :)

Back