Space/DC10 opening weekend

I havent really enjoyed Sundays at Space since Lawler left as resident and the old terrace went undercover.

The We love dancefloor seems full of people there because they were told it was a 'must do' party, therefore end up standing still on the dancefloor filling it with deadwood, clueless to who and what they are listening to and not enjoying it at all.

I found other parties at Space like La Troya (when it was there before their bust up, and more recently Monday's Calling) to me much better. The terrace just as busy but because everyone is dancing its a much better vibe and enjoyable experience.

I havent really enjoyed Sundays at Space since Lawler left as resident and the old terrace went undercover.

The We love dancefloor seems full of people there because they were told it was a 'must do' party, therefore end up standing still on the dancefloor filling it with deadwood, clueless to who and what they are listening to and not enjoying it at all.

I found other parties at Space like La Troya (when it was there before their bust up, and more recently Monday's Calling) to me much better. The terrace just as busy but because everyone is dancing its a much better vibe and enjoyable experience.

Yeah I have plans to check out the smaller parties like Be @ Space but i suspect wen i get there ill have so much on my plate that ill forget about them

i posted a rather badly received rant about Space/ ibiza in 2006

i've been back every year apart from 2007 so a)i'm a hypocrite and b) it isnt that bad

but i agree re: the old terrace being much better

and my the new bee in my bonnet is alfredo on the sunset terrace, or terrace as i like to call it.

i try to make do with the crumbs that we get thrown when still turning up for the daytime slots but **** me can they not do better than alfredo? whenever i go its with the fear that he's going to be completely cock up my evening for me, and yet again he pulled his favourite trick last sunday.

please for the love of all that is good in the world can they get someone else - or just put a CD on?

Alfredo IS ibiza.

If you're not enjoying his sets you're in the wrong place pal.

He's one of, if not the biggest name on the island.

Let me guess - he didnt play trance for you!!!?

Oh all these complaints about space are worrying me, is it better on tuesday with carl cox?

seriously, read the thread!!

the party is about as big as get in ibiza - in every sense of the word- even the people complaining about alfredo say so!

Alfredo IS ibiza.

If you're not enjoying his sets you're in the wrong place pal.

He's one of, if not the biggest name on the island.

Wow. Thank you, you patronising tit. I've been coming to Ibiza for 15 years so I'm well aware who Alfredo is, unfortunately.

It doesn't excuse hom from killing the atmosphere, playing self indulgent dirge and not responding to the crowd or mood.

Last year when i heard him on the sunset terrace he played 3 drives on vinyl.... which is pretty much trance, if i recall my gatecrasher days:oops:;)

I enjoyed his set last year, however, i can see why others wouldn't, better suited to el salon IMO

seriously, read the thread!!

the party is about as big as get in ibiza - in every sense of the word- even the people complaining about alfredo say so!
I looked through the thread, nothign is mentioned about tuesday nights afaik, and that is what i am interested in

Wow. Thank you, you patronising tit. I've been coming to Ibiza for 15 years so I'm well aware who Alfredo is, unfortunately.

It doesn't excuse hom from killing the atmosphere, playing self indulgent dirge and not responding to the crowd or mood.

You couldnt have made that bit up.

Patronising?! Ironic isnt the word.

"But...But...But...But ive been coming for 15 years everyone!!" hahahah! :lol:

...Course you have pal, course you have.

Arnt you supposed to be ****ed out your face so you dont care whats going on?...not paraletic.

Enjoy it, get squashed next to some birds...think about the universe its bigger then space!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back