Space/DC10 opening weekend

I went to Space opening on the sunday and DC10 yesterday,

Space was really good, The flight arena had a Boom Box set up which looked immense, Both Carl Cox and Steve Lawler played really well out there,

Spent a bit of time in El Salon which was busy and the music was really good, i didn't know who was playing at the time but there was a lot of love for him.

The sunset Terrace was really good, Yousef had the place rocking which i loved as in the past ive been critical of Yousef but thought he played really well.

I didnt really spend much time on the terrace which was a shame but the music was just better in other rooms.

The best room for me however was The main room, I missed Liebing which i was gutted about but i did see bits of cristian varela and i think it was pascal feos though he was playing at the wrong time if it was him. Either way, the music was pounding every time we was in there and it was easily my favourite room of the day / night!

If i had to pick out a negative it would be the 6pm last entry rule, it meant i didnt get to see Carl Cox play inside which i really wanted to.

DC10 yesterday had a lot of hype surrounding it, tickets sold out the day before which wasn't a surprise,

on the way to DC10 there were 4 lots of police stopping cars and searching the people in them and once we got there the place was completely rammed to the point they had simply sold to many tickets. The queue to get in was short but once inside you couldn't move, we started off in the main room which was hotter than the sun but really good, we then tried to move into the terrace which was just ridiculously busy, there were that many people in there you couldn't even get in, we finally got in and left soon after having been elbowed in the face twice, in my back endless times and generally just being pushed round by people trying to move around the terrace, the music was good but the situation made it a disappointment, we left about 11 and popped into Bora Bora for a bit, there were a lot of people in Bora Bora with DC10 wristbands on so it was obvious it wasn't just us that left.

All in all though, both the nights were really good, its a bit depressing knowing 24 hours ago i was in DC10, now im back in the UK :(

im not sure if the online tickets didnt have this restriction but buying your tickets once you were there (which cost €60 and not the €65 the online tickets were selling for on the sunday) meant you had to be in before 6pm, price on the door was €70 and i didnt see anyone in the ticket queue after 7pm.

The saturday had about 4 different ticket prices, the cheaper the tickets the earlier you had to be in for. we got a free drink with our entry as well which was nice and strong :)

31761_445635182424_29457837424_5564302_62757_n.jpg

FROM Circo Loco at DC10 FACEBOOK

We arrived at DC10 at about 8pm....they wre still selling tickets on the door. 35 euros.
Space guest list closed at 6pm....however if you were on it and arrived later they charged 35 euro.

Both places were rammed.

hmm. I didn't go into space until around 8'ish with the 60euro ticket & I bought tickets for DC10 on the day from some shop in the west end.

Space was O.K Carl Cox was amazing & The main room was immense really really good music every time i went in there.

But the highlight of the weekend has to be DC10 it was simply off the roof absolutely loved it. I agree far too many people & far too hot but what you expect with all the hype around it?

I spent most my time in the main due to fact it was impossible to get on the terrace but didn't really care the music was rocking.

Wish I was back there. Roll on the closings :p

Ushaia opening well worth a mention on the Saturday. I went there and Space on Sat, Space on Sunday and dc10 on Monday. More info when not on rubbish hotel computer:spank:

as in the past ive been critical of Yousef but thought he played really well.

:(

Can I just ask why you have been critical of Yousef in the past?, Ive seen him pretty much every month for 6 years at circus liverpool and seen him in ibiza a couple times and hes honestly never been bad, hes always smashed it and had the crowd going. Im not saying your wrong, obviously everyone has different taste but just curious why you have been critical?

Can I just ask why you have been critical of Yousef in the past?, Ive seen him pretty much every month for 6 years at circus liverpool and seen him in ibiza a couple times and hes honestly never been bad, hes always smashed it and had the crowd going. Im not saying your wrong, obviously everyone has different taste but just curious why you have been critical?

I probably saw him the first time about 2001/02 in the SugarShack in middlesbrough and i just didn't enjoy him, i remember him playing really progressive and it was just a set / night i didnt enjoy (i was really into my picotto style hard trance then!!), In that time i have only seen him once or twice at festivals but never hung around,

My musical tastes have changed massively over this time, as has the style of most Dj's when i saw he was on, on sunday, we went to see what he was like and thought he was immense. Im happy to have my mind changed :)

Ushaia opening well worth a mention on the Saturday. I went there and Space on Sat, Space on Sunday and dc10 on Monday. More info when not on rubbish hotel computer:spank:

We went down to Ushaia for the last few hours on saturday and the atmosphere was out of this world, there were people stretched from the bar inside right down to the sea and covering the sand dunes at the side.

Do you need tickets for Ushuaia or is it free, even on the Cadenza nights????

Cheers

Opening was free, although allegedly list only. Weren´t asked for names on the door though, although we were earlyish.

Further news - Space was rammed on the old terrace again last night, and fairly busy inside when it opened later.

Very hungover today as the 6 erasers, yes actual rubbers from the end of pencils, I bought from a gentleman in there, didn´t sober me up at all.:lol:

I have a feeling it could become a great season!
Great (new) parties and, although its too early to say this, the people are up for it!
Would loved to see the crowd going strong at Ushuaia Opening...

I have a feeling it could become a great season!
Great (new) parties and, although its too early to say this, the people are up for it!
Would loved to see the crowd going strong at Ushuaia Opening...

Have to say, it doesn´t feel like it´s over out here. I miss rolling into Space at 8am on a Wednesday etc, but the feeling is still here8)

SPACE - Sunday 30th May

Well, credit where its due and all that, but unfortunately this time none is due. Ive just got home from my first trip (this year) to Ibiza a few hours ago, and as we arrived Sunday evening it was a quick dumping of the luggage at our hotel (the Algarb in PDB) and off up the road to night two of the Space opening.
On arrival, we queued little more than 5 minutes and promptly paid our 70euro (gulp! but you got one free drink at the bar - yippee do) and went inside...... And it was a nightmare.
Downstairs was a cattle truck rammed full of virtually immovable bodies. The bar area was five deep, and the sound system wasnt even particularly loud. People were desperately trying to move from one point in the room to another hoping to find that illusive space (no pun intended) to breathe, but when everyone is trying to do that it just results in a log jam. Bloody awful.
So after aquiring our one precious "free" drink (which took about half an hour) we decided to force our way upstairs and see if things were any different up there. They were only marginally better. Again, the volume was lower than was required to give the place that much needed whoomp, but the most ridiculous thing of all was that 95% of the "clubbers" up there seemed to be nothing but a bunch of wannabe posers who had obviously turned up just to sit around and look cool (at least THEY thought that) and who probably only paid in so they could tell their friends later "oh, I was in Space dont you know....blah, blah, blah". So, can I ask politely - WTF is wrong with you idiotic people?? The entire floorspace, ledges, and other areas were taken up by a horde of pathetic gimps just hanging around doing nothing. Downstairs was the same, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt as it was so damn packed in there, but maybe I was wrong as later when it thinned out by a few hundred there still seemed to be very few dancing (erm, I am correct arent I that clubs are for DANCING in?). Of course, that said, the music was uninspiring to say the least, and I found the odd incoming plane almost exciting beyond anything this place had to offer. To sum it all up, this was one of the worst club experiences Ive ever had. Jaysus, my local Roxy would have inspired me more than this jaded "superclub" or should I say "superplum". So, for those of you that werent there, dont worry, you missed nothing. And for those that were, I really hope you are reading this, because next time please just stay at f**king home and pose around your radio. Maybe that will give those of us who want to dance a bit of Space (pun intended) because I dont want to see your pathetic gobs anywhere near me again. When i pay into the most expensive single night of the year Id like to see others who go for the same reason as I do - TO F**KING DANCE. You people are pathetic. Really PATHETIC. Just get the f*ck away from me.

PS. Yes I am angry.

PPS. And for those of you who have dissed old stalwart Bora Bora here on parts of this board - maybe you should give IT a try in the late evening sometime (forget the daytime garbage). I had one of my best nights ever in there while I was away. What a pumpin nuthouse. Everyone in there going for it, great tunes, great people, free entry, fair priced drinks, and of course, spiderman lol. Top marks from me BB.

Back