Space Closing 2016

I take it we can assume that there won't be any pass-outs allowed?? I wonder if there will be a reasonable chance of buying a ticket on the door in the morning/getting in again if some of us have to leave for a few hours???

Considering that we have to be in at 9pm at the latest and Space not finishing until midday at the earliest, that's a long time to be in there (with a massive cost)...

as said previously, I am pretty certain there will be no passouts. space opening and closing parties have been working without those for the past decade and this is honestly the last thing I'd expect to change.

we are having the exact same tickets (conditions) as the ones on sale on space website. in before 9pm, including two drinks. in past years, if you arrived after 9pm, you normally paid a supplement on the door (something like 20€) and you still got in with these tickets. I think it might be the same for this year, but A) this isn't confirmed and B) this will only ever be the case as long as the venue's not filled to capacity. in short, if you can avoid it, I wouldn't risk it.

seriously guys, the plan of attack for space closing just needs to be the following:

6-8pm: enter the venue, having had a good late lunch (or early dinner, depends on how you look at it).

6-8pm until carpark closes: enjoy it on the outside bit. and then there's two tactics: either leave the carpark half an hour before it closes or alternatively stay until it closes and wait out there for another half an hour (because everyone will be streaming inside). buy a sandwich at the bar that sells food on the carpark (the one near the toilets at the very beginning for car park, coming from the sunset terrace).

after carpark closes and for 2-3hours: have a break inside the venue. refuge to el salon or to premier etage or to the side of the sunset terrace near the pizza corner. it's always the period of time where the venue's just super-duper-packed and you just have to wait until people start leaving.

then, once you feel it's starting to get a bit better, take all guts and energy that's left in your body and your mind, man up and face the masses. space experts will know where are the best places to be on the dancefloor and where it's still bearable (no secrets will be spoilt here, sorry guys). head for discoteca or terraza and just stay for as long as you can. and join me and everyone else on the dancefloor for one last boogie at beloved space. I get teary eyes typing this, not joking.

Much appreciated info Stivi.
Ive been Space loads but im certainly no expert on these secret bearable dpots in the club... can anyone share please :)

Thanks a lot Stivi for all the info!

My personal tactic will look like the one you described ;-)

I still do not realize it will close...

Also Stivi can you see the car park staying open later than usual?
And whats your personal feeling on when it will all finish?

as said previously, I am pretty certain there will be no passouts. space opening and closing parties have been working without those for the past decade and this is honestly the last thing I'd expect to change.

we are having the exact same tickets (conditions) as the ones on sale on space website. in before 9pm, including two drinks. in past years, if you arrived after 9pm, you normally paid a supplement on the door (something like 20€) and you still got in with these tickets. I think it might be the same for this year, but A) this isn't confirmed and B) this will only ever be the case as long as the venue's not filled to capacity. in short, if you can avoid it, I wouldn't risk it.

seriously guys, the plan of attack for space closing just needs to be the following:

6-8pm: enter the venue, having had a good late lunch (or early dinner, depends on how you look at it).

6-8pm until carpark closes: enjoy it on the outside bit. and then there's two tactics: either leave the carpark half an hour before it closes or alternatively stay until it closes and wait out there for another half an hour (because everyone will be streaming inside). buy a sandwich at the bar that sells food on the carpark (the one near the toilets at the very beginning for car park, coming from the sunset terrace).

after carpark closes and for 2-3hours: have a break inside the venue. refuge to el salon or to premier etage or to the side of the sunset terrace near the pizza corner. it's always the period of time where the venue's just super-duper-packed and you just have to wait until people start leaving.

then, once you feel it's starting to get a bit better, take all guts and energy that's left in your body and your mind, man up and face the masses. space experts will know where are the best places to be on the dancefloor and where it's still bearable (no secrets will be spoilt here, sorry guys). head for discoteca or terraza and just stay for as long as you can. and join me and everyone else on the dancefloor for one last boogie at beloved space. I get teary eyes typing this, not joking.

Just screenshot your top tips and shared with our group.
Certainly an event where you need a plan in place to get the most from it :)

Also Stivi can you see the car park staying open later than usual?
And whats your personal feeling on when it will all finish?

I'm fairly sure the car park will stay open until 2am (that's when it closed in the last few years) and I can imagine it might be open for a bit longer than that. but seriously, this is a detail information I expect only to know a few days before the event. same goes for the overall finish time of the party. it used to close at midday in the past few years so I'm sure it won't before that and I do think it might be later than that, but if and how much, honestly no idea. it's also something I'm not racking my brain about right now, I'll just take it as it happens.

I wish they'd confirm about entering a little later than 9pm and the supplement thing. We'd aim to get there for about 10pm with us landing at 8 but don't want to risk €200 by getting there and it being a case of sorry your ticket was only valid till 9.

I'm fairly sure the car park will stay open until 2am (that's when it closed in the last few years) and I can imagine it might be open for a bit longer than that. but seriously, this is a detail information I expect only to know a few days before the event. same goes for the overall finish time of the party. it used to close at midday in the past few years so I'm sure it won't before that and I do think it might be later than that, but if and how much, honestly no idea. it's also something I'm not racking my brain about right now, I'll just take it as it happens.

Think the tedious questions are just excitement on my part ;)

I wish they'd confirm about entering a little later than 9pm and the supplement thing. We'd aim to get there for about 10pm with us landing at 8 but don't want to risk €200 by getting there and it being a case of sorry your ticket was only valid till 9.

Lee i feel for you in your position, not about worrying about will i wont i on your flight, days before etc...
How about emailing Space about your situation or getting in touch with your airline and changi g your flight? (If poss of course)

I honestly don't think they'll ever confirm this mate. everyone expects this party to sell out in advance (anything else is just not realistic). but there are a lot of factors that play a role. will space hold back a batch of tickets for door sales or not? will everyone turn up before 9pm as they should? the decision about this may very well be done on the fly on the day of the event. if by 8pm the venue is at 80-90% capacity already, don't expect to be able to enter after 9pm, simple as that.

Think the tedious questions are just excitement on my part ;)

yeah new members that have been with us for less than half a year should be banned for those tbh ;)

Lee i feel for you in your position, not about worrying about will i wont i on your flight, days before etc...
How about emailing Space about your situation or getting in touch with your airline and changi g your flight? (If poss of course)

I've emailed space asking today, will wait and see :)

We land at 8 (all things going well) and would probably get to space for 10pm! I mean we probably could get there for 9 if everything is on time but I'd like to freshen up and have a drink/bite to eat after travelling.

If I don't hear back we're just going to have to risk it and queue I think! There's only one flight on the Sunday. Flights the day before were £100 more each, plus another night hotel, dog sitter etc would make it cost too much.

Will the spotlight tickets be refundable like all others?

I've emailed space asking today, will wait and see :)

We land at 8 (all things going well) and would probably get to space for 10pm! I mean we probably could get there for 9 if everything is on time but I'd like to freshen up and have a drink/bite to eat after travelling.

If I don't hear back we're just going to have to risk it and queue I think! There's only one flight on the Sunday. Flights the day before were £100 more each, plus another night hotel, dog sitter etc would make it cost too much.

Will the spotlight tickets be refundable like all others?

People who arrive between 8-9pm could well be queuing for a while themselves probably past 9pm, im not sure if this does will happen though, i havent queued for any length really at Space before but this will be very different i imagine with the 9pm entry

People who arrive between 8-9pm could well be queuing for a while themselves probably past 9pm, im not sure if this does will happen though, i havent queued for any length really at Space before but this will be very different i imagine with the 9pm entry

I did think about this, what if you're in the queue and 9pm passes :/

arrive early enough and you'll be fine, period.
a few things though:
- normally entry to space opening and closing party goes quickly, they've got far more entry lines than on a normal day.
- I don't think they'll be THAT strict and won't let you in if you're at the actual entry point at 9:05pm. but where will they draw the line? they'll never ever tell you this in advance.

Then you will get in unless like Stivi says they deem it as full, if they are being really strict i guess as 9pm came they could mark the end of the queue but cant see that

Back