Space Best Moments

Got many at the terrace with Brandon Block and Alex P playing, but once me and a friend had a heavy
night out and ended up at Space just to see Maradonna playing with a football.We tried to go
near but some very big guys stoped us.

Im sure its space terrace. Usually all the wicker chairs were pushed away when it started to fill up..it wasn't busy every morning I remember going a few times back then at 7 or 8am and being only ten people there. At least we got a seat :cool:

The first time i went which was a Manumission Carry on in 2001 (the good ship manumission i believe), i dont remember any of the music or who was on, i just remember it being hot and off the wall. Loads of the manumission staff were still running round in costume winding people up. I remember spending the last of my money in the club and having to get a Bus back to San Antonio at 1pm. The bus back was hell on earth!

The most notable sets ive heard i there are Felix The Housecat circo 2003, first time i saw him and he was Unreal, then Ricardo Villalobos probably around the same time, i was still a trance lover and Villalobos probably triggered my interest in Techno to the next level. Sets from Carl Cox and Yousef Space Opening 2010 were both good.

First time in space for me was june of 1996, and my only clear memory of that was being round the bend, chatting to a bunch of Scottish lads about where I'd got my adidas kegler super trainers from.

Been back quite a few times since, best night for me was la troya closing in September 2006.

Thought about going to the closing, but I'm a melancholy dope at times and reckon that knowing it would be the last time would ruin it for me, and I just don't to remember it that way.

First time in space for me was june of 1996, and my only clear memory of that was being round the bend, chatting to a bunch of Scottish lads about where I'd got my adidas kegler super trainers from.

:lol:

Thought about going to the closing, but I'm a melancholy dope at times and reckon that knowing it would be the last time would ruin it for me, and I just don't to remember it that way.

Know exactly where you're coming from on that .... I ain't going either. Find closings bad enough at the end of a Season let alone the effect witnessing the end of Space would probably have on me. Got my memories and had some of the best times in there, always been my favourite Ibiza club. Literally can't watch while that's ended, especially knowing whose hands control of it is going into.

so many memories but my first trip back in 2001 With tong & Morillo playing b2b in the old terrace. I was minced but the only track I can remember was thick dick insatiable. Afterwards Morillo was walking around giving out free drink vouchers, I kept mind-the ex was not pleased as she wanted to use it-even back then in
pesetas it was expensive lol

As much as hot topic the debate of phones in a club goes, this still goes down as one of my favourite memorys ever. First time on the island i was a trance head this night got me hooked on techno.

The line up was, hawtin, cox, rundell and digweed. Amazing night, seem to think it was the first time Cox got hawtin to space aswell as i remember him speaking on the mic. This is not my video btw, yes im still suffering the blues :(

Highlights from first earlier visits---
Started going to Ibiza in 1999 and experienced Space twice that year in July and September and possible then to get passes out/wristbands and dance at Bora Bora outside still and get back into Space easily- not overhyped then and room to dance and properly dance. Just accepted as normal at that time. Thereafter every year, sometimes more than once, except for 3 years absence from 2010 when I was in China, and key Space times Paul Oakenfold, Hernan Cattaneo, Sasha, Steve Lawler, Pete Tong, Eric Morillo,Danny Tenaglia and Carl Cox. Experiencing the open terrace on a Sunday afternoon in 2000, Joey Divino. A Manumission carry-on, on a Tuesday morning in 2001 both inside the old indoor room and out on the terrace and with people who were there to really dance full on- nothing less, and after a previous full-on dance night at Privilege. A Saturday morning with Smokin Joe. ‘We love Sundays’ afternoons on the old and new terrace. A later total highlight was a b2b with Danny Tenaglia and Carl Cox in the main room- that was mega and full on dance too.Happy times :)

Last edited:
This sunday at We Love was fantastic. Set at Sunset terraza during the evening was incredible. Put us in perfect state to get into de Terraza (Fritz Karlbrenner) and the to the Main (Joris Vorn). It was almost a perfect day. Which was the fail? Our flight to go back home time departure -> 7:00 am

By the way...I've never been able to get names of "unnanounced surprise guest" :-(

Attachments

• We Love 2014.jpg
    We Love 2014.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 27
Back