Solomun +1 @ PACHA 2022 - Reviews & Reports

wow, even no stivi at svens amnesia set, no wonder they had to curtain the terrace off :D

I need to pick my few nights out wisely this summer, so i chose to go and see sven at akasha, which was perfect. I still love amnesia, but for this past sunday I had absolutely no doubt which night to choose.

I still have various tracks in my ears as we speak, it genuinely was a fantastic night

Quick report from last Sunday with Christian Nielsen which of course didn’t reach the heights of the previous week with Keinemusik.

Didn’t catch much of the plus one but probably it was better than the first hour fifteen of Solomun which was a bit odd but half way through his set he played what for me is track of the summer (Tal Fussman ID with spoken vocal “Talk to me” )… didn’t hear it last week so was happy about this .. b2b included thirty minutes of disco / vocal house … we could have been at Glitterbox … knocked it on the head at 0645 after classic mashed misunderstanding with the wife where I was thinking of staying but talked her into going … club was quietest we have ever seen at a Solomun night with quite a bit of normal VIP open for us plebs which was nice as we found a nice place to dance upstairs facing the booth … now at the airport but back in October for Solomun closing (and hopefully the afters at Benimussa)

Last edited:
Anyone go for the Âme +1 on Sunday? Years gone by this would have been the talk of the forum for days!

The best set and overall atmosphere I’ve ever experienced was at pacha Solomun ame back in 2016 and have been forever chasing that dragon. I’ve seriously seen a change in his sound over the last few years but yet I still go in faith he mite return.

I went to music on Friday and even though it was busier then Solomun there was so much space to dance within the crowd and the crowd themselves were absolutely fantastic. High energy,all smiling,dancing and being friendly. That’s what it’s all about right? Was an incredible night and overall experience.

Well Solomun ame was horrible. A crowd that look like they had all done heroin or ket. No energy,angry faces and you dare look at someone or try to move past any of the stubborn arrogant European men who just stood still and wouldn’t dance but also wouldn’t let anyone past. I found myself at numerous times absolutely bedazzled as when an high energy track came on. The crowd wasn’t dancing.

On the sets themselves. Both their individual sets were a complete shell of who they used to be. 1st gear . But the b2b at 4am all of a sudden then they start to go into 5th playing the high energy melodic tech. But ofcorse That again didn’t last going back into a tech house tunes and a lot of vocal stuff Solomun is doing atm. What happened to that deep melodic afro style Solomun was so loved for.

I think it’s fair to say I mite go back in the future but for sure will look to do something els on a Sunday now.

Thanks for the review @MichaelH1992 While I didn't go on Sunday, I agree on some of those previous Solomun & Ame nights from 2013 -2018 were insanely good, and up there with some of my best Ibiza nights ever.

One thing I found curious about your review was the crowd description Vs MusicOn. Years gone by people would have said the reverse about the crowds.

Thanks for the review @MichaelH1992 While I didn't go on Sunday, I agree on some of those previous Solomun & Ame nights from 2013 -2018 were insanely good, and up there with some of my best Ibiza nights ever.

One thing I found curious about your review was the crowd description Vs MusicOn. Years gone by people would have said the reverse about the crowds.
I agree with you. I went and was completely taken back by the energy and space and how nice the crowd was. It all added to what was honestly my best club experience in a long time. On the music on set. Enzo started with good rolling tech which went into really skippy vibes with Marco. Luciano then added afro melodic tech into the set with minimal . What a night. I wasn’t going to go but now very happy I did .

Hey guys

I
i got feedback that solomun this year is a little different in his residency in pacha. Although I think solomun is always the conductor. every year I go to see him at closing. Do you think this year was worth it?
is anyone going?

btw I hadn't read these comments above and now that confirms my reticence about solomun's performance this year. damn, before he was the best and seductive for his melodic techno and deep atmosphere. How has he changed so much.. I hope that closing will be different. He took me the best nights of my life 2016-2018. :(
BTW
Does anyone know if there will be an afterparty at benimussa or an after private party and how to get there? thanks

fran,

first things first: most people going to see solomun this year had an amazing night no matter when they went.

don't forget that a lot of people posting on here are proper music connoisseurs, people that have been following an artist for a long time and will be critical about that person if the set/session hasn't lived up to their expectations. this is the case for any big artist really…

personally I had a few fantastic nights this summer with the big man. I think it's worth the risk…

Maybe this was a birthday present from the club gods, but... oh my. Solomun last night was on fire! Much more like his 2019 style! I was beaming

Midland was also great. Really good crowd. Loved it. Loooooooooooved it! 😆
Midland is mint

Maybe this was a birthday present from the club gods, but... oh my. Solomun last night was on fire! Much more like his 2019 style! I was beaming

I have written solomun off just yet! I will go next year again but it has to be a great plus one who plays solomun old style music

Oh nice! This is a good (re)start! Ahah
The nights with less expected and underrated guest+1 will can be better ahahah

Back