Solomun +1 2019

Report from Sunday 25/05. We arrived after Glitterbox, so was at change over time (02:30) so never caught any of Mano Le Tough.

Solomun started pretty banging to be honest, much harder than I’d expected, and he continued that way. Don’t get me wrong, I love it, but a lot less of that melody that is kind of his sound, but everybody loved it. He seemed very intense and focused much of the night.

As you’d expect Pacha was totally packed out to the rafters, but the new layout makes moving about so much easier than pre-2018 layout.

The crowd was good, still too many phones at the front, but that dies down as night goes on. Without sounding too pretentious here, this night is a bit like Fabric in London. What I mean is peak-time the front part around the booth is full on tourists with phones, who are knackered by 4-5am, and then the crowd gets much better.

Not much else can be said for how insanely good that sound system now is.

Report from Sunday 25/05. We arrived after Glitterbox, so was at change over time (02:30) so never caught any of Mano Le Tough.

Solomun started pretty banging to be honest, much harder than I’d expected, and he continued that way. Don’t get me wrong, I love it, but a lot less of that melody that is kind of his sound, but everybody loved it. He seemed very intense and focused much of the night.

As you’d expect Pacha was totally packed out to the rafters, but the new layout makes moving about so much easier than pre-2018 layout.

The crowd was good, still too many phones at the front, but that dies down as night goes on. Without sounding too pretentious here, this night is a bit like Fabric in London. What I mean is peak-time the front part around the booth is full on tourists with phones, who are knackered by 4-5am, and then the crowd gets much better.

Not much else can be said for how insanely good that sound system now is.
I agree that Solomun did sound alot harder than when we went a mount ago (with Tennis). Still he was awesome and the crowd was great too.

The place was rammed, but even at peak time we had enough place to dance not too far from the DJ booth.

We meet a lovely couple from London and I learn a new English word : "chav" (and it makes me understand alot of unproper behavior on this forum...)

I agree that Solomun did sound alot harder than when we went a mount ago (with Tennis). Still he was awesome and the crowd was great too.

The place was rammed, but even at peak time we had enough place to dance not too far from the DJ booth.

We meet a lovely couple from London and I learn a new English word : "chav" (and it makes me understand alot of unproper behavior on this forum...)
I am not a chav just common! Ha

Just thought chavs was defined amongst many as the Burberry wearing, red bull swigging young adults. ( not entirely my view by the way) Pretty sure there is not many of those on here, although I once was caught drinking red bull from a can back in the day.

I believe 'chav' was stolen from the original North East word 'charver' used to describe the track suit/hoopey jumpers/caps on the backs of their skulls and all their gold from Lizzie Dukes breed, Google ''Buzzcocks the gangsta'' for a look at what I mean

I'm also planning being there on the 22nd September for Dixon as the +1. Is it ridiculously rammed with no room to move? Been to a few of those in the Pacha of old and it was absolutely no fun whatsoever.

I believe 'chav' was stolen from the original North East word 'charver' used to describe the track suit/hoopey jumpers/caps on the backs of their skulls and all their gold from Lizzie Dukes breed, Google ''Buzzcocks the gangsta'' for a look at what I mean

I had this debate with my Geordie cousins many years ago in our teens! Down in the south east, it's was working class (probably derived from one of the travelling community) to mean "kid" or "baby". More locally, there's a cesspit of a town called Chatham in my area. (that's "CHAT ' AM", as opposed to "chath-am" :lol: ) Frequented by less than desirable characters, the rumour is that "Chav" originated there, initially as a term of affection amongst each other, and later as an insult.

Wherever it comes from, chav - a bit like "pikey" - has varying degrees of offensiveness depending on where you are in the country.

does anyone know if when having a table @ pacha (or vip if you wish)
you can have beers that go towards your table spend rather than say a bottle of vodka jd etc???

I'm also planning being there on the 22nd September for Dixon as the +1. Is it ridiculously rammed with no room to move? Been to a few of those in the Pacha of old and it was absolutely no fun whatsoever.

I think this particular date is a big contender for a very very busy one. that said I've never experienced pacha unbearable in terms of crowds. I know, I'm surely used to packed clubs after all those years, but in pacha you just have to invest some time in finding your spot.

does anyone know if when having a table @ pacha (or vip if you wish)
you can have beers that go towards your table spend rather than say a bottle of vodka jd etc???

as far as I know you can yes, but I also think you still have to take one bottle at least. I'm not entirely sure on this but I think that's how it works.

Was curious how Mano le tough was. Never seen him yet. Think I might be going to Transmoderna with him on the 27th of September.

I think this particular date is a big contender for a very very busy one. that said I've never experienced pacha unbearable in terms of crowds. I know, I'm surely used to packed clubs after all those years, but in pacha you just have to invest some time in finding your spot.

Rennaissance at Pacha for Sasha's Birthday c.2003
Morillo at Pacha when P.Diddy turned up. Think Lawler was playing that night too.
One of the early FMIF parties (big mistake, never again).

All dangerously rammed. You couldn't even find somewhere to stand still, never mind dance, you were just taken along by the shoving crowd. I think having experienced those maybe Solomun + 1 will be ok, and hopefully as someone said, the new design of Pacha makes things a bit better.

I had this debate with my Geordie cousins many years ago in our teens! Down in the south east, it's was working class (probably derived from one of the travelling community) to mean "kid" or "baby". More locally, there's a cesspit of a town called Chatham in my area. (that's "CHAT ' AM", as opposed to "chath-am" :lol: ) Frequented by less than desirable characters, the rumour is that "Chav" originated there, initially as a term of affection amongst each other, and later as an insult.

Wherever it comes from, chav - a bit like "pikey" - has varying degrees of offensiveness depending on where you are in the country.
I thought the southern term for such ilk was 'Herberts' ?!

Back