So what's this year's Man With The Red Face?

Please don't use that. Reminds me of the attempt at a night of the same name in San An (at Extasis in fact) in 2006 which had a poster that said 'Do you remember when tunes were PROPER! The vibe was PROPER!' etc. The muppets that ran were proper fools and thought it was guaranteed winner because they had Brandon Block playing....

Please don't use that. Reminds me of the attempt at a night of the same name in San An (at Extasis in fact) in 2006 which had a poster that said 'Do you remember when tunes were PROPER! The vibe was PROPER!' etc. The muppets that ran were proper fools and thought it was guaranteed winner because they had Brandon Block playing....

I used to listen to his KISS show with Alex P every week :oops::lol:

a couple of things I want tosay about this thread

A) The Man With The Red Face is and always will be a classic Laurent Garnier record, no way a dodgy MK and Funkagenda (he is a **** anyway) remix. As Chime will always be Orbital's not bloody The Shapeshifters

B) Defected: ok Simon Dunmore knows his **** but... he is a very unfriendly persona who never gives a **** about people's opinions or thoughts. They gave the mainstream great records but they also gave the public Bob Sinclar aweful productions and a million aweful reworks of house/disco classics. I have mixed feelings about them, in the end out of the Indie House labels (Toolroom/Cr2) they are the best but no way my favourite label.

C) I am 30, I guess I have been there done that and now I am dancing only when quality electronic music is on display. Monza/Cocoon/We Love... (at times) and that's it really... Underground and Zoo too though.

theStunt: I'm 30 years old as well and i'm way behind the 'been there done that' game.

What makes u qualified to decide that the music played in Monza/Cocoon/We Love and the likes are "quality electronic music "' where all the others are not?

We're driffting away from this thread's original subject/quesiton, so make it bruff and then let's go back to the main subject of this thread, thank you!

theStunt: I'm 30 years old as well and i'm way behind the 'been there done that' game.

What makes u qualified to decide that the music played in Monza/Cocoon/We Love and the likes are "quality electronic music "' where all the others are not?

We're driffting away from this thread's original subject/quesiton, so make it bruff and then let's go back to the main subject of this thread, thank you!

this year will be my 10th year in Ibiza... am I qualified enough?

Even if its your 8723479423389th time in Ibiza, you're not qualified enough to determine what is quality music and what isn't, since it's an individual thing and all a matter of taste (and opinion).

Fusion you dont seem to differentiate between musical genres, scenes etc, and kuddos to you for that. But you have to understand for some people there is a huge gap between the music that for example Judge Jules and Mauro Picotto play, and people like Laurent Garnier, Carl Craig etc

Back to the tread: Im sure the djs (idjut boys, aeroplane, crazy p,alfredo, louie vega, knuckles etc)I want to see wont play the typical anthems so Im not that bothered with that :)

a couple of things I want tosay about this thread

A) The Man With The Red Face is and always will be a classic Laurent Garnier record, no way a dodgy MK and Funkagenda (he is a **** anyway) remix. As Chime will always be Orbital's not bloody The Shapeshifters

B) Defected: ok Simon Dunmore knows his **** but... he is a very unfriendly persona who never gives a **** about people's opinions or thoughts. They gave the mainstream great records but they also gave the public Bob Sinclar aweful productions and a million aweful reworks of house/disco classics. I have mixed feelings about them, in the end out of the Indie House labels (Toolroom/Cr2) they are the best but no way my favourite label.

C) I am 30, I guess I have been there done that and now I am dancing only when quality electronic music is on display. Monza/Cocoon/We Love... (at times) and that's it really... Underground and Zoo too though.

You wouldn't have had to say any of this if you'd understood the original post. It was pretty straightforward I thought.

this thread has got some pretty embarrassing comments and attitudes.

as for adagio for strings........wasn't the william orbit mix (c.99/00) the seminal mix of it.

Maestro is an essential film, love the part where Antonio Ocasio describes his emotions when he first heard When doves cry.

this scene is amazing.......

just plug my most favourite/proudest piece ever at this point.

http://www.ibiza-voice.com/story/news/1665

the scene with antonio ocasio is if you click video clips and number 3 after about 6 mins

also on the music, ain't no mountain high (2nd track) sounds just so fckin good...

:D

nice one grego, good you let the young uns know where it all began :)

And yes the whole soundtrack is just briljant

this scene is amazing.......

just plug my most favourite/proudest piece ever at this point.

http://www.ibiza-voice.com/story/news/1665

the scene with antonio ocasio is if you click video clips and number 3 after about 6 mins

also on the music, ain't no mountain high (2nd track) sounds just so fckin good...

:D

if talking about anthems than:

Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (Dana Bergquist & Peder G)

i know, i know what u think guys... but the ones who are not familiar with the dana bergquist works don't even judge :)

anyway have a listen and tell me what do u think :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANOKs9hwrrg

i never liked the original pjanoo but this one is a real candy!!! ;)

if talking about anthems than:

Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (Dana Bergquist & Peder G)

i know, i know what u think guys... but the ones who are not familiar with the dana bergquist works don't even judge :)

anyway have a listen and tell me what do u think :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANOKs9hwrrg

i never liked the original pjanoo but this one is a real candy!!! ;)

Sorry buddy, nothing new or exciting there!

Here is one for you....just released this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjv2p6ebdMQ

Dirty South and Sebastian Ingrosso- Meich

Back