So what's this year's Man With The Red Face?

I think you'll find it was either Samim or Axwell who hold the 2007 trophy if I didnt hear those tunes played at least 3 times every night or being hummed whistled or sung in the streets by every other person then I am neither human nor do I exist! lol!

to be honest I took a stab in the dark!

What year was Till West - same man? Sure that was 07 - that was MY big ibiza tune that year.

06 was Haji & Emannual - Take Me Away (for me) (though that could have been 07, shhiiiit)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread would've been so much better without the Ibiza sound police. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol:

YES! This years man with the red face is La mezcxla as if it's in doubt

The track I heard the most when I was out a week or so ago was GramophoneDzie - Why Don't You. Funniest thing was at Pacha for Defected when I heard Kenny Dope play it in the main room, then as I walked into the funky room it was being played in there too!

I think you'll find it was either Samim or Axwell who hold the 2007 trophy if I didnt hear those tunes played at least 3 times every night or being hummed whistled or sung in the streets by every other person then I am neither human nor do I exist! lol!
Those 2 tunes were the biggest in 2006, not 2007
:)

The track I heard the most when I was out a week or so ago was GramophoneDzie - Why Don't You. Funniest thing was at Pacha for Defected when I heard Kenny Dope play it in the main room, then as I walked into the funky room it was being played in there too!

Oh yeah, forgot about this one, this one as well.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Those 2 tunes were the biggest in 2006, not 2007
:)

Nope it was defo 2007!! ...anyway I hate admitting this but I kinda like that new Axwell and Angello tune yes it's pure cheese but the melody kicking in is a proper tingly coming up moment :D

:lol::lol:

*I've tried getting into la mezcla a few times now and have reluctantly come to the conclusion that it is in fact pony - perhaps because I am listening to it in a ground floor flat in New Cross Gate, England, on a laptop, rather than surrounded by exciteable Italians in a hot corner of Ibiza. Nevertheless, it just sounds to my jaded old ears like Shakira gurgling over a monotonous beat and I cannot see this record outlasting the season.

this year will be my 10th year in Ibiza... am I qualified enough?

This will be my tenth year in Ibiza but I still go to lots of different types of nights (including Cocoon) and am a bit more broadminded. Fair enough you like what you like but you don't need to say that the nights you go to are the only ones worth bothering about. I heard Man with the Red Face all over the place last year.Probably more so than any other tune. Prefer the original but the fact that there was a new version of it was why it was played a lot last year (even if if some were playing the Laurent Garnier original)

I really don't think there was a tune that stood out waaaay over all the others this year!

The tunes that will remind me of Ibiza 09 will be the Roger Rabbit tune and the Lambada tune :lol:

Back