So.......How was it?

mambobirdette said:
copperband said:
eg Joey played some great tunes which I was really getting into and I'd only had a bottle of Corona :!:

Thats because my baby's great :D :D :D :lol:

I tell him if i think tunes dont work & stuff so he plays a lot of stuff that i like, all apart from the bloody broom song!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ha ha, I remember that - you were cursing and I was loving it :lol:

Anil Chawla said:
Point taken on people saying that my set was a bit dark, i appreciate your honest feedback... I really fancied trying something a little different on Sat night and maybe 'darking out' wasn't everyones cup of tea...

I'm gettting the opportunities to play lots of different places at the moment and am really trying to experiment with my sound and where it's going, so the records i play varies quite a bit from place to place.

Anyway, i had a great time, and had loadsa fun at the egg :lol:

Hi Anil,

I admire your ability to stick your neck out and try something different (even if it wasn't quite to my taste) I guess it would be all to easy to play the popular stuff you know everyone would like (My god, they did that in egg, I must have heard drop the pressure at least 8 times). Now I know thats just one of the styles you play I would certainly like to hear you play again mate :D

Ed

Anil, you know I like it dark and dirrrrrty, so was well into your set dude!

Maybe you can re-name yourself to DJ Marmite.. :lol: :p

Just kidding dude ;) I'm sure I scared off more people with my breaks..

Mark Sun said:
Anil, you know I like it dark and dirrrrrty, so was well into your set dude!

Maybe you can re-name yourself to DJ Marmite.. :lol: :p

Just kidding dude ;) I'm sure I scared off more people with my breaks..

I think you scared off more people dribbling onto your T Shirt ;) :lol:

I thought the 'dark' sound worked well, as it kept the contrast between the main room and room 2. Nice to see you getting a lot of gigs, Anil.

B

Mark Sun said:
BBS said:
I think you scared off more people dribbling onto your T Shirt ;) :lol:

Harsh.

:lol: :lol: I know it was a thoroughly reputable beer stain really. I may have several on me at Laidback on Thursday, as Johhny and I share the same birthday ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

anil, i though you played the set of the night,got a tracklisting,theres a few tunes i recognise but dont know the names of :confused:

BBS said:
:lol: :lol: I know it was a thoroughly reputable beer stain really. I may have several on me at Laidback on Thursday, as Johhny and I share the same birthday ;)

Wicked dude:) Take friday off and we'll go through to 'it would be rude not to' ;)

NITEFLY said:
anil, i though you played the set of the night,got a tracklisting,theres a few tunes i recognise but dont know the names of :confused:

Thanks dude, glad you enjoyed it :D

With regards to tracklisting... Off the top of my head...

Anil Chawla & Dale Anderson 'Disco Stew' (Saved cdr)
Chiapet 'Westworld' (Yoshitoshi)
Sucker Dj's ??? (Azuli)
Buick Project 'Chancer' (Saved cdr)
Johnny Arthur 'Out of It' (Whoop! cdr)
Sucker Dj's ??? (Kinky Vinyl)
Tall Paul 'Got It - Anil Chawla & Dale Anderson Remix' (Duty Free cdr)
Saints & Sinners 'Pushing too Hard' (Bedrock)

Those are the ones I can remember, but in between, there was some nasty acid business going on!

Mark Sun said:
BBS said:

Wicked dude:) Take friday off and we'll go through to 'it would be rude not to' ;)

Mark, Karen and I would be there mate but we're off to Dublin on Friday to continue festivities 8)

Anil Chawla said:
NITEFLY said:

Sucker Dj's ??? (Azuli)

Those are the ones I can remember, but in between, there was some nasty acid business going on!

Which one was the Anne Savage breaks tune?? :eek: Was wicked!

Mark Sun said:
Anil Chawla said:
NITEFLY said:

Sucker Dj's ??? (Azuli)

Which one was the Anne Savage breaks tune?? :eek: Was wicked!

Can't remember what it was called (it was a cdr)... But i'll find out for ya fella!

Anil Chawla said:
Can't remember what it was called (it was a cdr)... But i'll find out for ya fella!

Thanks young man. Also gotta grab your tunes! Can you bring em down on friday pls?

Mark Sun said:
Anil Chawla said:

Thanks young man. Also gotta grab your tunes! Can you bring em down on friday pls?

No worries fella, did bring a copy for you on Sat, but forgot to give it to ya :confused:

Anil Chawla said:
Mark Sun said:
Anil Chawla said:

No worries fella, did bring a copy for you on Sat, but forgot to give it to ya :confused:

Strange, since both of us were so alert and with-it.. :confused: :lol:

Anil Chawla said:
NITEFLY said:

Sucker Dj's ??? (Azuli)

Seem to remember you playing John Tejada 'Sweat' (what a great name!) as well Mr. Chawla - a favourite of mine! Cheers again for dropping my tune btw!

Mark and Anil i thought your sets were wickid, exactly the stuff we need more of. dark and dirty, and breakbeat stuffy.

quality stuff guys.

copperband said:
did u like what i played? -
I think its always difficult to say which set is the best of the night because it depends so much on your state of mind at the time, eg Joey played some great tunes which I was really getting into and I'd only had a bottle of Corona :!:

Cheers mate, glad to gear you enjoyed what i played. I do always get a little bit pre set paranoid that i may be the only one that likes what i play. :D

Had a dance on the beach for you all as promised, after swimming with dolphins.

Was about 8 o'clock in the afternoon here though!

Back