Shuffling in London Clubs?

nights out are expensive these days so i make the most of it and always have!! there's nothing better than busting some ridiculous moves on the floor!! if the highlight of someones night is raising a fist and shrugging their shoulders then they're in for a boring night..

Tbh I feel about it the same way I feel about vests, and this thread is heading in pretty much the same direction as that one! :!:

No, personally don't like it, but each to their own. Ridiculous to tar all with the same brush. Clubbing is about escapism. If your way of unwinding and getting away from the humdrum of life is to shuffle around like a wounded duck, then so long as you're not causing anybody else any grief, crack on.

The only ones that get uploaded to YouTube are the really bad ones anyway because they're funny. It's no different to any other dance move performed well/badly.

There are plenty of other hideous dance moves out there, including just the aforementioned fist pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nothing to do with the quality of the dance moves and everything to do with consideration for other people. In a reasonably busy club (you know, where other people need room to dance or are moving around with drinks), it's pretty **** to suddenly (without looking, as it appears in these vids) move a few feet backwards or sideways as if you're the only person in the place. Then I get annoyed at people who suddenly stop in front of me when I'm walking down the street. :evil:

I agree, but that's an issue with them being inconsiderate - the dance move is irrelevent.

I saw a few of these "shufflers" at gresham st warehouse in Dec, never seen anything like it and had me and a mate in stitches as the ones we saw seemed to be doing it at warp speed compared to those on those vids :lol: Not sure who is doing it right the fast or the slow ones ha ha.
I actually don't think it ruined my night but I don't club in London very often so it will affect me little any way. Wasn't aware they were a breed, I find the argy bargy bitches who use their elbows to shove their way through crowds a much bigger put off they really should be banned from anywhere in public!!

Watched the clips, was like watching old rave scene crowd dancing but at a very very slow speed, or Mr Blonde dancing to steelers wheel in reservoir dogs whilst cutting Tim Roth 's ear.:) (the fonz in happy days came to mind watching the guy at WHP...or billy Joel dancing in the uptown girl video

as for Edward scissor hands ....designing shapes:)pmsl...I can't take anyone like that seriously ...I ain't gonna lie;-)pmsl

overall, the dancing didn't really bother me, and if there is enough space, then all good:) and if it keeps the london kids happy...

Watched the clips, was like watching old rave scene crowd dancing but at a very very slow speed, or Mr Blonde dancing to steelers wheel in reservoir dogs whilst cutting Tim Roth 's ear.:) (the fonz in happy days came to mind watching the guy at WHP...or billy Joel dancing in the uptown girl video

as for Edward scissor hands ....designing shapes:)pmsl...I can't take anyone like that seriously ...I ain't gonna lie;-)pmsl

overall, the dancing didn't really bother me, and if there is enough space, then all good:) and if it keeps the london kids happy...

Have looked at youtube videos of some of the dos that appear to be the 'cutters' own, they are nothing different from say 'the white house' in Thornton Heath back in 2004/5 (from memory) or so. Those dos were predominantly working class, mixture of black and white kids, annoying mcs over funky house. MCs aside, what's not to like?

It's the individual shufflers clips at home or on their driveways that make me laugh....

this thread could also be linked into camera phones in clubs... i'm guilty of that but i only record a few, mostly short ones so i have something to look back on.. however, i do also bust loads of aforementioned moves to even it out...

I asked Vince Watson on Facebook a few months ago about shuffling and cameras in clubs and he said that every big name he's talked to about it said the same thing... that they realise it's a problem and that the crowd look bored most of the time but that they are trying their best to change this by, amongst other things, increasing the tempo of their sets...

Back