See you later Adios Amigos

Scoobie said:
With the levels of agro on this board over recent weeks I'm feeling the need to point out that was a joke and I am in fact the biggest coward in the world when it comes to fights. :eek: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(we can forget the words and go straight to smileys!!)

grego said:
Pete waterman:eek:

:lol: :lol:

Aaaah memories....

I have the unfortunate claim to fame of going to Smiths in Warrington, where this gawd awful programme was beemed from.... (I was working in Widnes at the time and trust me, there is nothing else to do....)

Miss Strachan & Mr Watermann - The Hitman and Her.... Only time I saw it on TV was usually after drinking several shandies, get home, fall asleep on sofa and waking up to that pair....:spank:

(I'd have prefferred waking up with the sound of the high pitched whistle and the girl with chalkboard staring at me...from BBC2:rolleyes: )

To help those not knowing the words....

A mouse lived in a windmill in old Amsterdam
A windmill with a mouse in and he wasn't grousin'
He sang every morning, "How lucky I am,
Living in a windmill in old Amsterdam!"

Chorus:
I saw a mouse!
Where?
There on the stair!
Where on the stair?
Right there!
A little mouse with clogs on
Well I declare!
Going clip-clippety-clop on the stair
Oh yeah

This mouse he got lonesome, he took him a wife
A windmill with mice in, it's hardly surprisin'
She sang every morning, "How lucky I am,

Chorus
First they had triplets and then they had quins
A windmill with quins in, and triplets and twins in
They sang every morning, "How lucky we are
Living in a windmill in Amsterdam, ya!"

Chorus
The daughters got married and so did the sons
The windmill had christ'nin's when no one was list'nin'
They all sang in chorus, "How lucky we am

Chorus
A mouse lived in a windmill, so snug and so nice

There's nobody there now but a whole lot of mice.

DJNC said:
:lol: :lol:

Aaaah memories....

I have the unfortunate claim to fame of going to Smiths in Warrington, where this gawd awful programme was beemed from.... (I was working in Widnes at the time and trust me, there is nothing else to do....)

Miss Strachan & Mr Watermann - The Hitman and Her.... Only time I saw it on TV was usually after drinking several shandies, get home, fall asleep on sofa and waking up to that pair....:spank:

(I'd have prefferred waking up with the sound of the high pitched whistle and the girl with chalkboard staring at me...from BBC2:rolleyes: )

I fecking LOVED the Hitman and Her!!!!

hitman.jpg

Remember Wiggy (Clive) the dancer?

grego said:
boo @ DJNC, you've spoilt our (well my) fun now:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

:lol: I did think twice before posting it that this may be the end result

So I posted it :lol:

I certainly can't pretend I was being nice - I don't do that... (pretend)

Red said:
I fecking LOVED the Hitman and Her!!!!

hitman.jpg

Remember Wiggy (Clive) the dancer?

Wiggy.... (Just realised how daft this next sentence is, but I'll say it anyway... :oops:)

Isn't that the guy that wore the Blonde Wig....:lol:

I even impress myself with how stooooopid I am at times...:lol:

silvia said:
Don't forget the cultural differences, grego.
I usually read on here that spanish are rude and unpolite but that's a matter of cultural differences, while and english would say: goodbye, have a nice then and enjoy your trip, I would say a short Adiós
Same with things that to me sound like personal agressions are taken as sarcasm and sarcasm is supposed to be healthy (I'm still not sure about it)

At the end of the day is what james said in this same post, there's a majority of brit people on here and as most majorities, sometimes people forget it's an international community with different sensitiveness

Oscar Wilde once said something like: "As soon as one Englishman opens his mouth, another one despises him."

It's one of those Oscarisms that holds as true now as when he said it around a century ago. Banter and argument - the ruder, unfairer and more caustic the better - has always been a valued part of our free speech traditions. But I can see how it can just look like boorishness to others.

Back